[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beast in the Sky Quest 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 6
File: logo.png (1 MB, 1100x681) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
1 MB, 1100x681
Twitter:
>https://twitter.com/AM_in_PM
Previous threads:
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=beast+in+the+sky
For Crew, Location and Ship information, please refer to the pastebin below:
>http://pastebin.com/u/AM-PM

Previously you made your way to the Trader's Guild in Ao for some elbow-rubbing and information gathering. You helped the Johansson brothers decide whether to play it safe with a route to Vert or take a risk with Peck, a yet untapped possibility. You suggested Peck.

In thanks, the older brother informed you of a man named Wong in the red light district who could make you papers that would grant you access to the palace. After a slight misunderstanding with the twins, Rei and Kei, you purchased a forgery of a Class A trader's license. Worked like a charm, too.

However, upon getting your audition with the governor, you found yourself in dire straights; he didn't take too kindly to the offer to end the slave trade in Ao and sicced his guards on you. After a bit of a tussle and a bit of a bloodshed, you managed to subdue him and locate an exit. And not a moment too soon, as his guard reinforcements are literally at the door.

Welcome back to Beast in the Sky Quest!
>>
The twins have the groaning politician wrapped in one of his elegant curtains and are dragging his obese form across the floor toward the secret bolt hole behind his throne. You have freed the slave girls in his "employ", but now you have a choice to make; you don't know where this tunnel leads at all. It could lead you out of the city or right into the waiting arms of the city guard.

Do you bring the slaves with you or leave them to fend for themselves?
>>
>>46675924
Take them with us of course, slavery has no part in the Revolution.

And also hey there AM, how's it going?
>>
>>46675960
Just dandy, thank you.
>>
>>46675960
Alright, going with for now. Writing!
>>
>>46676074
You're too kind.
>>
You motion for the girls to follow. What kind of hero of Prism would you be if you didn't rescue a damsel or two...or three...and they're...

You're getting ahead of yourself. You keep your rifle in hand and head through the door, having Wella close the door behind you all and watch your rear. She does so, but isn't looking too great. She's looking a little pale and sickly. After all, you mean...she did just kill a guy. That's gotta suck.

"Wella, you okay back there?" you ask.

"BLEAUGH!" is her reply, the sound of something chunky hitting the floor. She'll be fine.

The tunnel goes on for some ways without much light or any evidence as to where, exactly, you're going. This could be a good thing, you think. Farther away is definitely better. And the governor's whining and groaning has quieted down to a whimper. You're still unsure of what you'll do with the porcine prick, but one thing at a time.

After what seems like possibly 30 minutes later you come upon a door. A tentative check of the knob and it opens, albeit slowly and with a lot of dust. Looks like it hasn't been used in some time. A quick peek and the coast is clear. It's some dusty old...hangar? Hangars mean air ships! Air ships mean escape!

Sure enough, you find one, covered in a tarp and a thick layer of dust, but it's there nonetheless! There's also, it seems, a series of steps that lead to the outside of the city beyond the wall.

>Take the air ship! it's noisy and will draw attention, but it's fast and simple
>We walk. the less people notice you the better
>>
>>46676309
>Take the air ship! it's noisy and will draw attention, but it's fast and simple
when we uncloak the ship, this is going to make news
>>
>>46676360
Airship it is. Writing.

Why do I get the feeling thread's dead today?
>>
>>46676491
Because I was busy walking to the bus stop and couldn't vote.
>>
Screw it, you don't want to deal with this fatty and his whining all the way around the damn city. Plus it would be way harder to explain that to anyone who saw you. You drag him on board and all the girls follow, piling in while you hop into the pilot's seat. Plush. This is an expensive model...or, well, it was like eight years ago when it was new. But beggars can't be choosers. You start it up and the thing shudders violently at first, plumes of exhaust firing in every direction as it jerks to life, but it works. You're in the air! You punch the accelerator and smash through the locked gate ahead of you with a satisfying crash. At the very least, you have a new ride you can use for a lander. Your enjoyment of grand theft auto is short-lived, however, as the loud bang and what is surely an uproar at the palace causing security to be on high alert brings about a siren. You've been found out! The city guard along the wall train their AA guns on your vehicle and take aim!

Roll 1d100 to bob and weave the fuck out of there! Best of 3!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>46676654
I wonder who'd be in trouble besides us if those AA guns shot up the govner
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>46676654
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>46676654
A good roll please.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>46676654
>>46676692
>>46676722
clearly, I must tempt fate again.

Would be a shame if the ship secretly had an AI/gundam that chose now to run rampant.
>>
>>46676767
Nice save.

Writing!
>>
>>46676805
At least we can roll well for once.
>>
You're pedal to the metal right now, turning this way and that, ascending and descending, doing everything in your power to keep this ship and your crew from getting torn apart by the giant rounds whizzing around your vehicle. There are quite a few close calls and the hood decoration on the front gets taken off, but you manage to get out of range and lose them. Fear is a very excellent motivator.

You keep your distance for a while until you think it's safe enough, then set down in the outskirts next to the large indent in the ground that marks the location of your ship. You hop out, along with everyone else, and Wella empties her stomach once again. She's a trooper.

"So," you ask the twins "now what?"

Kei speaks up "Well, um...we were instructed to kill him if things went sour. Then return to our master. Soooo..." she begins to unsheathe her blade, the hogtied governor screaming once again.

>Kill him and collect your reward
>Woah woah, I'd rather not be a murderer on top of all this
>>
>>46676975
>>Woah woah, I'd rather not be a murderer on top of all this
Self defense is one thing, but you two owe ua big time. Were going to see your master, and hes coming.
>>
>>46677020
In all honesty, it's not like you could be any MORE of a most-wanted criminal. Writing.
>>
>>46677020
I'll support that I guess.
>>
"Woah, woah, woah!" you say, stopping the woman from committing yet more crimes that will have you all hanged. "Self defense is one thing, but you two owe me big time. We're gonna go see your master and he's coming." you frown, stopping her from drawing her blade any further. Wella has her eyes covered.

The pair share a look for a moment, then turn back to you and bow their heads. "Very well..."

"Um..." one of the slave girls speaks up again "What...what about us? What should we do?"

That's an excellent question. What should you do with the slave girls? You can't exactly just release them back into the custody of the city. One of them is elven, so those ELF nutballs might take her in, but the others are human and most likely citizens.

Ideas?
>>
>>46677265
Invite them onto our airship for the time being, tell them our crew are fucking screwballs, and if any of them has experience as a sargent, first mate or noncom officer we would love to hire them.

But first? food, clothes and a bath.
>>
Note: considering the thing will not fly without our livingmana battery freind, we should really teach her how to fly this tub.
>>
>>46677356
Supportan
>>
>>46677356
And don't forget to eat those eggs.

Writing!
>>
>>46677265
"You have a few choices; we could use crew if you want to join me, the elven one of you could go to the E.L.F camp if she wants instead or we could release you far away from here in some random town to go on with you life and honestly anything else that doesn't involve massive amounts of money or such."
>>
>>46677411
We are in dire need of a mr gibs type character.
And maybe a bathtub that can hold multiple people.
>>
You briefly consider the possibilities of having these women aboard, but shoo the thoughts out of your mind for now...but maybe...

Fantasies can come later! You have captaining to do.

"Well, I don't suppose any of you have any experience on large ships? Maybe comms or as a sergeant or something?" you ask. The girls look around awkwardly.

"I..." the elf girl speaks up "I was a kindergarten teacher..." she shrugs.

"Right..." you sigh, unsure of what to do. "Well, for the time being, we can at least give you somewhere to stay. With clothes and food and such. Come on inside."

"In...side?" Rei asks, confused. You give a smug look, then put your hand out to open the door. You miss, feel around for a bit, desperately trying to look cool, until you manage to figure out where it is. This whole "invisible ship" thing is going to be complicated.

You bring your group aboard, the governor being dragged along by the twins and the air ship being parked in the cargo hold for now by some of your crew, who happily welcome you back. You make it to the bridge to see Freyja and Lisa reading a book together. Or, at least, the mother is reading it aloud. She looks up and gives you a warm smile at first.

"Welcome back, IsaaaaAAAAAAAAAH!" the terrified Tul says, covering her daughter's eyes "WHAT IS...?!" she motions to the nearly nude women, then to the bound and bloodied man.

You spend a while explaining, the circumstances and getting her up to speed. She is still horribly upset, but finding some clothes for the women helped a bit with that. She's very upset about the bleeding man you stuffed into a closet somewhere, even after you explained that he was essentially a slaver and tried to kill you. You must admit, she's a bit of a wet blanket at times, but she means well.

(Cont.)

Sorry for the delay, dealing with some shit on my end.
>>
>>46678031
Isaac: Being a dick, so you don't have to.
>>
You have the twins give you directions as to where their master resides, somewhere near the edge of the Fae Forest. Though it's hard to get them to stop marveling at the ship and it's sheer size. Not to mention the fact that it's invisible. You're ready to go whenever.

Though this lull is a pretty nice break from being shot at or tying up fat men.

>Head to the governor's brother's place now (who do you bring in with you?)
>Spend some time getting to know your crew a little better (who do you speak to?)
>Write in
>>
>>46678031
Are we still shirtless?
>>
>>46678031
Hey, that's not fair! These twins were about to kill him, and he himself wants us dead.

Clearly, we are justified in petty vengeance and poor treatment!
>>
>>46678110
>>Spend some time getting to know your crew a little better (who do you speak to?)
Wella did kill a guy, talk to her about that.
>>
>>46678121
Very much so. Though you're absolutely formal in comparison to what the slave girls were wearing before. You've been preoccupied.
>>
Got to drop for the night
love the quest.

But seriously guys:
Train up Freyja (and maybe her daughter) as pilots
We can get miss kindergarden teacher to stick around to tutor the kid. Not like we can send Lisa to school or such.
>>
>>46678172
Dunno if teaching Lisa to drive is a great idea. One of the requirements is being able to see over the steering wheel and feet to reach the pedals.
>>
>>46678214
Maybe when shes old enough to see then.

Point is right now we are the only pilot, and F is right there and required to be aboard for it to move anyway until we hire a few more of her kind.
>>
>>>>46678110
>>Spend some time getting to know your crew a little better (who do you speak to?)
Get wella some comfort. On the one hand, this might not be what she signed up for. On the other, we're kind the only one who can vouch for Not Killing in the field, and losing her would be a blow to that.

On the OTHER other, this might be EXACTLY what she signed up for.
>>
>>46678155
Maybe talk to the two ex-slaves as well, find out their names.
>>
>>46678240
Freyja seemed to be able to pilot the ship when we were blowing up that fish in Saffron. Though that was more just a hover than actual manoeuvring.
>>
>>46678248
There's three, actually.

Writing!

>>46678279
She didn't pilot it, actually. She just told the automatons to open fire on the fish.
>>
You head down to the engineering room to see how Wella's doing. What you find is a very irritated Ruul working on getting the barrier back online while a blubbering Wella clings to him, crying about what happened and how scared she was and so on. Most of what she says is hard to decipher through all the sobs and whining. Ruul has noticed you and is nodding toward her with "help me" eyes. You get the feeling people are not his strong suit.

You wrest her from the poor man, who lets out a sigh of relief as he goes back to work, and lead her to another room, sitting her down. She nearly clings to you as she did to Ruul, then notices you are still without shirt, turns red and decides otherwise.

"So..." you begin, unsure of how to start.

Roll 1d20+2 to talk her out of it. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46678425
>>
>>46678425
"Do you want me to go get a shirt on? So you can continue dealing with your emotions or are you good enough to talk now?"
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46678425
Isaac should put a shirt on eventually.
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46678425
"I'm sorry for what happened back there. Had I known what was going to happen I would've taken you to the guild and Ruul along to get shot at. Still, you've impressed me. Despite your distress you managed to push through your fear and deal with the situation. You're a fine addition to my crew."
>>
>>46678550
Eventually. Gotta show off that merchant flab
>>
>>46678550
Never! We've found our moniker. Issac, the shirtless Beast.
>>
>>46678604
Hey, you're not too terrible to look at, thank you. You keep in shape when you can...you're no Soldier or anything, but you're alright!

Writing.

Go figure, when I start doing best of 3 the rolls start getting good again.
>>
>>46678604
>flab
Excuse you, Isaac is /fit/ from walking all around the place with his old caravan.
>>
You put a comforting hand on the poor girl's shoulder and give your best calming tone. "I'm sorry for what happened back there. Had I known what was going to happen I would've taken you to the guild and Ruul along to get shot at."

"Heard that!" Ruul's voice comes from the other room.

You shake your head and go back to comforting Wella. "Still, you've impressed me. Despite your distress you managed to push through your fear and deal with the situation. You're a fine addition to my crew."

Wella hiccups a few times, wiping her eyes. "Everyone back in Peck is fine with shooting people. The convicts, the monsters, bandits and all kinds of stuff...but I never liked it. I was always squeamish. I had dad to do all the scary stuff and nobody seemed to mind, since I was good at making stuff. So I figured...I figured it'd just be fun here. Fly around, explore, search ruins, that kind of stuff...I wasn't ready to do something like...like that. I guess that was kind of a pipe dream, but...I'm better working on things than I am with fighting."

You nod. "So in the future, you'd prefer to stay aboard when things get dangerous?"

"Someday...someday I want to be brave and willing to..." Wella pantomimes shooting a gun "But for now...I think I'm better off working on things here with Ruul. He knows what to do and I like the work."

"We'll make an adventurer out of you yet, Wella." you say, smiling. She smiles back, but still can't quite look at you. "..."Do you want me to go get a shirt on?"

"Please."

You find a shirt to wear and spend a while talking to Wella about her expectations and aspirations. Turns out she does, in fact, work best when being told what to do. Her and Ruul's personalities mesh pretty well, since he seems to enjoy having someone to boss around and call "assistant". The thought of that makes you think, but things like that are best left to work themselves out on their own.

>Speak to someone else (who?)
>Enough idleness, lets get going
>>
>>46678879
The former slaves.
>>
>>46679009
...Uhm.
>>
There was no post here. At all. Ignore it if you think there was.
>>
File: 1460086246208.png (123 KB, 319x699) Image search: [Google]
1460086246208.png
123 KB, 319x699
>>46679061
You cannot ignore your shame. I saw it all. Even Ay'ia saw it and she has no eyes.
>>46678928
And here you are with a shirt on again. Writing.
>>
>>46678928
Supporting talking to slaves and definitely not thinking about them nearly naked Isaac they just escaped a life of exploitation. Have some empathy.
>>
>>46679088
You reminded me, we should probably go take a look at our new landscaping.
>>
>>46679112
That teacher might be a nice addition to the crew if only because the ELFs are pretty... dim. Plus, She might be able to teach Lisa a thing or two.
>>
You find the former slave women on the bridge. The elf is sitting with Freyja and Lisa, talking about, what else, kids. They seem to be getting along well enough despite the state she was in not too long ago. The other two, a brunette and a redhead, are mulling about. The brunette is watching the automatons work curiously and the redhead is in the corner, hugging her knees. She doesn't look too hot.

You call the three over and have a seat with them. You could only really find them navy uniforms for clothing and nothing that particularly fits well, but it's better than the small bits of fabric that they wore before.

On asking their names, the blonde elf is Tia, brunette is Weiss and the redhead is Tabatha, though the other girls call her "Tabby". The brunette, before her life as a slave, was a seamstress. The redhead, however...

"I wasn't anything." she explains "I was daddy's girl. He spoiled me, did everything for me, never had to work at all...then the..." she trails off. She doesn't seem to want to discuss it. She looks miserable. The others comfort her.

>Press Tabby for information on her past
>Ask the other two about their lives and leave Tabby be for now
>Other (write in)
>>
>>46679246
>Ask the other two about their lives and leave Tabby be for now
>>
>>46679246
>Invite them to the crew.

If they don't want to be a part of the crew inform them we'd be more than happy with dropping them off in the city of their choice, provided it doesn't have a large military garrison attached to it. Being pirates and all. Give them some modest pocket money too, since they'd need something to get started. We need to ask the twins where their master is so we can set a course.
>>
>>46679311
She might in fact be someone important, but I don't think now would be a good time to ask Tabby just who she was before her life went to shit.
>>
>>46679311
>>46679386
Writing!
>>
You decide now's probably not the best time to press Tabby for information. She seems a little too distressed for the moment. Instead you focus on the other two.

"Uhm, I worked as a seamstress, like I said." Weiss shrugs "Nobody special. Worked in a little shop in the city. We did alright, but I'm no master of my craft or anything. Just another employee, you know? I guess I've had a number of suitors come calling. Never really interested, but then the governor...pig. He just...let some of those barbarians from up in Longfall walk right into the gates. They just plucked some people they liked and slapped them into irons...the city guard couldn't do anything, that was the law. The people couldn't defend themselves, we're citizens, not warriors." She goes quiet now, you can see tears welling up in her eyes.

Tia speaks up now. "I'd been in the city for...most of my life, I suppose. I came from overseas, but I don't really remember much about the old country. Parents wanted a new life or something. They never spoke of it much. Told me I'm in Prism now, don't need to worry about things like that anymore...so, long story short, I became a teacher, moved to Ao and then...it just...it was so sudden. Everyone was scared and angry. Some people tried fighting back, but those bandits are armed to the teeth. It was futile...you're a hero in more ways than you realize, Mr. Isaac. We owe you more than we can repay."

"I'm sure he'll find some way." Tabby pipes up, angrily "He's a man, isn't he?" She's sulking again. She doesn't seem to trust you.

Do you offer them positions aboard your ship? They don't seem to have anywhere to go.
>>
>>46679575
Offer them positions here. And give them nice rooms.
>>
>>46679763
Your room is literally the only nice one on the ship, since it's the captain's quarters. Wink.

Writing.
>>
>>46679860
If I was at home I'd post the "Pandora is quick to recognise lewdness" picture. But I'm not so just pretend I did.
>>
"Well," you say, scratching your chin, enjoying the roguish stubble you're sporting "I have plenty of room on my ship if you're interested. I'm sure Freyja would love a teacher for Lisa. As for a seamstress, I'm sure we can find use for your skills somehow. Maybe making some alterations on clothes or something. And I have been mulling over the idea of our very own pirate flag. Can't really be one without 'em, right? And Tabby, we could get you sorted out somewhere. More hands in the kitchen or maybe cleaning somewhere. The ship is your oyster!" you say, giving your best "I'm a nice guy" grin. Tia and Weiss seem to glow at the idea. Tabby, however, just continues to sulk, muttering something about knowing where they'll end up eventually. The other two thank you, promising to do their best. They even offer to work for just room and board, despite Tabby's protests. You saved their lives, they wouldn't be here without you. It's the least they can do. Another hug and they hurry off to see the rest of the ship and find quarters. Tabby glares at you as they leave. You hope that's not going to be an issue...

>Head off to see the twins' master
>>
File: 1444458968112.png (154 KB, 790x805) Image search: [Google]
1444458968112.png
154 KB, 790x805
>>46680035
AM "Dropped Trip" PM strikes again. No quest is safe!
>>46679944
Gotchu, person within my genetic lineage.
>>
>>46680035
Roof Garden time.
>>
>>46680124
This. Then we can finally get going.
>>
>>46680124
>>46680156
Through the ship and into the woods, to Ay'ia's house we go. Writing.
>>
You make your way up to the rooftop expanse to speak with your new Dryad tenant. It's still weird being behind the veil and being able to see out while being completely invisible to anyone beyond it.

What's even weirder is walking from the hard metal of your ship to soft earth and being surrounded by trees. You find Ay'ia inspecting the leaves of her trees carefully, the trees shaking in reaction to your presence. She drops down from one of the branches carefully, still holding the sap-covered wound in her side.

"Isaac!" she says happily "It is wonderful, sir! I can see the world for miles, but we are safe! No man wishing to tear us asunder or burn us to cinders! I am truly at peace here and have you to thank for it. I am sorry to say I need some time before I can truly repay your kindness, but I promise it shall be to the benefit of yourself and those that dwell here!"

"About that," you ask, not sure what kind of "gifts" a Dryad can offer "what, exactly, is it you plan to do? I admit I don't know much about your race, but...I'd rather not become a tree or anything..."

She laughs uproariously at this. "You humans are a strange lot, Isaac. I promise, I shan't turn you into anything, even were it within my ability. It will only benefit you, I promise.

I have decided, I enjoy it here and wish to stay, should you permit me, and wouldn't dare do anything that would harm this place. I even have one of similar lineage to myself to speak with! And her sapling is a wonderful thing, so curious, so friendly." she has a serene, warm smile on her face.

"Well...about your abilities." you say, honestly curious as to the nature of Dryads "What, exactly, can you do? Like...do you command all plantlife? Can you make it grow anywhere you want?"

(Cont.)
>>
"No no, nothing of the sort, sir." she says, lightly running her fingers along one of the trees "I merely give life to that which exits. I can embolden the weak, bring movement to the still and repair the damaged and sick. I aid growth and maintain health, for the most part. But I suppose I could heal some of your kind as well with a little sap and some time. Should you need me, that is."

Healing magic. Now that is useful.

"Of course you'll see just what I mean in a week's time." She follows up "You will, I hope, very much enjoy it. I can tell Freyja shall. We are very...in sync, she and I."

>Ask Ay'ia something (write in)
>Speak to someone else
>Set sail for the governor's brother
>>
>>46680592
Having an onboard dryad forest might make for an interesting method to fly through miasma. Raw filtering power rather than airtight rooms.
>>
>>46680620
>Set sail for the governor's brother
Off to go get a dude killed.
>>
>>>>>>46680620
>>Ask Ay'ia
Getting on well with the new arrivals? Just say the word if some ground rules need to be set for not damaging plants. Or collecting fertilizer.

>set sail
Afterwards
>>
>>46680653
Step one: Find some miasma!

Writing.
>>
File: 1460084681142.png (97 KB, 753x948) Image search: [Google]
1460084681142.png
97 KB, 753x948
>>46680773
And also dropping my trip because I never learn.
>>
>>46680792
What do you do that causes so much trip dropness AM?
>>
>>46680943
Posting on other quests, maybe?
>>
"How about the new crew?" you ask "They behaving? Any ground rules need to be laid out regarding damaging plants or...uh, fertilizer?"

She waves it off dismissively. "No, nothing of the sort! The elven crew is very respectful of the forest and treat it with reverence. The dwarves abhor anything not dark and cold, so they leave me be completely. It is a mutual distance. We have no problems with one another." She smiles, which would be cute if not for her eerie, empty eye holes.

You thank her for her time and head down to the bridge, telling everyone you're taking off. The crew readies for liftoff and before long you're skyward with no one from Ao the wiser. The new arrivals look out the window with awe.

About half an hour later you arrive at the spot they told you of, but don't see much. They tell you it's there and not to worry. You'll just need to find a place to land in the lander. The forest isn't terribly dense in this area, but certainly too present for the Beast to land anywhere.

Obviously the Twins will come with you while bringing the governor, but who else, if anyone, will you take with you?
>>
>>46680943
Posting in other threads and having terrible memory.
>>
>>46681004
Ruul can come along. I doubt Wella or anyone else will really want to.
>>
>>46681004
Ask wella if she wants to see this through.

Ask that former spoiled kid if she wants to meet the man who was going to end slavery on official terms.
>>
>>46681004
Ruul and see if one of the new girls wants to come along.
>>
>>46681078
>>46681123
>>46681196
Bros and former ho's. Writing.
>>
>>46681196
Seconding >>46681078
>>
You have Ruul come up, clearly he's happy to be away from the emotional wreck that is his assistant right now. He's already got a gun and pack ready to go.

You ask the girls if any of them would like to see the mansion (you assume it's a mansion), but Tia is busy discussing a lesson plan for Lisa, Weiss is swamped with sudden requests for alterations (including an uncomfortable number of people requesting "Isaac" sewn onto the back of their shirts) and Tabby is...still sulking and scowling at you. You're going to need to work things out with her sooner or later, she seems to be angry at men in general. Can't blame her, though.

You and your mechanically inclined friend head down to the forest with the girls and human potato in tow. It still just seems like regular forest to you. But one hidden rune carved into the base of a tree later a path opens up off to the side. You can't get over how...sorta silly it all seems. A secret hidden base in the forest? Why not just have a normal house a little bit further to the West? A flair for the dramatic, you suppose.

You follow the girls down the steps, the governor grunting down each step as his body flops on each one. You'd tell them to be careful, but fuck him. The lights are dim and the walls are completely featureless, but once you reach the bottom it's actually surprisingly cozy. There's plush rugs, furniture, some paintings here and there, people shuffling about in those same flowy pants-robes the twins wear and a bit of the same decorations the governor's palace had, including a couple of those suits of strange armor with the weirdly-curved helmets and fierce masks mimicing snarling demons.

(Cont.)
>>
Heads turn to look at your party, as well as the governor, and you make for a room near the back, where you assume his brother is. Though every few feet you are stopped by someone congratulating the twins and asking them an endless barrage of questions. They always stop and answer everything, much to your displeasure. You just want to hurry up and get this sorted out.

Eventually you make it to the man in charge and, were you not told they were related, you'd have no idea. Whereas the governor is porcine and disgusting, this man is slender, handsome and fit. A man who looks like he's seen his fair share of battle. He welcomes you in and introduces himself as Kakei.

>Cut the chitchat, where's my reward?
>So, why do you live in a hole?
>What are you going to do to this buffoon?
>Other (write in)
>>
>>46681686
>>Other (write in)
'Gotta say, secret hidden base in the forest as opposed to a normal house a bit further on? I don't quite get it, but I can respect a flair for the dramatic. How you doin?'

Then >What are you going to do to this buffoon?

Obviously they're gonna kill him, but I'd prefer we not be in the immediate vicinity when that happens. Plausible deniability in case anyone comes after us.
>>
>>46681806
Obviously. Writing.
>>
>>46681707
>Let's introduce each other
>I would like an explanation on why you sent such....unsubtle representatives for this job here.
>>
"Gotta say, secret hidden base in the forest as opposed to a normal house a bit further on? I don't quite get it, but I can respect a flair for the dramatic. How you doin?" you say, relaxing into a comfy chair.

Kakei chuckles. "You are every bit the...swashbuckler the girls told me you were, Mr. Isaac. The hidden base is a necessity, I'm afraid. My brother here is not a...tactful man. I had a regular home not far from here at one time. Did you see it?" you shake your head in response, "Precisely." He scowls at the portly man lying on the floor, who scowls back.

"You deserved it, you coward!" he shouts up at him "You could have done so much more had you not been weak! Had you not shamed your family with your-GUGHK!" a swift kick from Rei shuts him up.

"You are a cruel man, Itoi. A cruel, misguided, selfish man. Had you listened, you would not be here now."

"Yeah, here's another question about that," you butt in "I would like an explanation on why you sent such...unsubtle representatives for this job here." you motion to the twins, who look away out of shame.

"Oh, the girls?" Kakei asks, smiling "I believe that is my fault. You see, had I wanted them to, they would have been in and out of the city with Itoi dead with no one the wiser. They are two of my best...ah, enforcers. But I needed my brother to see that I was honest in my offer. I wanted them to enter the city and see him through purely his terms. Legal, passive and without any malice. But, I understand that such methods are not their forte. That was a miscalculation on my part and I thank you for your assistance." he bows lightly.

"Well, uh...what do you plan to do with this prick?" you motion to the governor.

(Cont.)
>>
Kakei takes a deep breath. "I will not slay him, if that's what you're asking. I have no need to. He is nothing now. The people will refuse him and he cannot do any harm from here. He shall be made a prisoner and I will take over his position as governor...which brings me to my next request...and I realize I have already asked of you more than I have any right to, but I can think of no one better suited...of course, if you feel you have done enough, I respect your choice and will let you go with my thanks and a handsome reward for your help."

Do you hear him out?
>>
Huh. Didn't kill him. Wasn't expecting that. Stand up.

>>46682383
"Mmm...alright, I'm curious. What's your pitch?"
>>
>>46682462
He's the GOOD brother.

Writing.
>>
File: Map.jpg (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
1 MB, 1024x768
"Mmm...alright, I'm curious. What's your pitch?" You say, standing up.

"Ah, thank you for hearing me out." Kakei says, reaching into a desk and producing a map that he unrolls. "The primary issue with the slavery problem isn't my brother. He is a major part, but not the total cause. What the issue here is, is the bandits he's been working with who have been abducting people. With him gone they'll be angry now that they're no longer getting their cut. Now, with this happening, there will be a power vacuum. Fighting, possibly riots and so on. I will have my hands full controlling the city and keeping people content. Because of this, even if I have full control of Ao, I cannot send men to handle them. That is where you come in.

They make camp up here in Longfall. I'm not terribly familiar with where, but I know they're somewhere in this area." he taps a small circled section. "What I would like you and your crew to do is go in there and take care of them...they don't have any leadership that I know of, though I assume they must have someone they answer to. Be wary. Their numbers are not great, but they are vicious and show no mercy. These are cold men, Mr. Isaac. Men who need to be removed. Will you do it?"

Do you agree to his request?
>>
>>46682801
>What's the reward?
so just fly over them and bombard their asses to bits.
>>
>>46682801
Will you provide any men or arms? What exactly are you paying? Would I have free access to Ao repair docks and facilities after taking care of them?
>>
Back in a moment! Talk among yourselves!
>>
>>46682801
Sure i guess, but we should grab the ELF guys at Ao as meatshields-i mean, point them at the direct causes of the slavery.
>>
>>46682888
As cruel as it sounds, this is a good idea. They wanted to do it anyway, so...

That said, yeah, easiest way is to just carpet bomb the everloving fuck out of the area.
>>
>>46682826
>>46682888
>>46682981
So I'm seeing a mix of getting the ELF people to attack the encampment and bombarding it with Beast. One sec, writing.
>>
>>46683081
Interjection: Bombardment, send the ELF guys in as cleanup.
>>
"What's the reward?" you ask plainly.

"Straight to the point, I see." Kakei laughs "I can offer you 25,000G for the initial bounty of my brother. That you have regardless. As for this, I can allocate some men to your charge if you wish. I understand you could do with more crew? Only after you have dealt with the problem, that is. I, unfortunately, cannot spare any men for the time being. If you should fail, the city would be undefended. Also, I can offer you free use of our repair and refitting docks, should you need it. We are no Ghel, but we are more than capable of making basic repairs or outfitting."

You mull it over for a bit, thinking and working it out. It would be easy enough to just blow them off the face of the mountain with all the firepower at your disposal, but there's still a chance you could miss some and get ambushed after checking the damage...a devious idea crosses your mind. Those dimwit ELF people are pretty easy marks. They were all gung-ho over attacking the city, so you tell them the real cause is in the mountains, bring them there and bam, free "cleanup".

"Alright," you agree "you have a deal." you shake his eager hand as he thanks you profusely. It seems like the twins will need to stay here for now to help deal with Itoi, so you head out without them.

A short trip later and you are once again back outside Ao, heading into the tent city outside. And, once again, the ELF mob is shouting and chanting angrily.

Roll 1d20+2 to convince them to help you. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>46683299
So we found a bigger ship....called The Beast
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46683299
>Hey, who here hates slavery?
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46683299
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>46683358
>>46683359
Mother of god
>>
>>46683376
Thank you beautiful Anon.
>>
File: IT BEGINS.jpg (2 KB, 95x126) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.jpg
2 KB, 95x126
>>46683400
Ahaha, don't thank him. I'm mean when it comes to critfails.
>>
>>46683434
No. Bad AM. Stop. Please.
>>
>>46683434
Totally, we just critfailed at correcting the ship name. All good, everything is just Fine.
>>
You approach the group, arms spread wide in a peaceful "hey, look who's back!" fashion. They liked you before, even if you turned them down. Why wouldn't they like you again?

Turns out not only refusing to help them, but actually thinning their numbers and leaving put a bad taste in their mouth. They are very displeased with you, calling you "U'Wah the traitor" or "U'Wah the backstabber". Then the knives, clubs and various other deadly things come out. That same elf from the soapbox earlier instructs them to "string you up by your stubby little round ears".

You run screaming back to the ship, frantically clawing at open air while getting pelted by rocks before you find the door and run inside, much to the utter confusion of the ELF's.

Yeah, ELF shields aren't happening...hell, you're not sure going back to that tent city at all is a good idea now.

So, do you head to Longfall now and just hope you get them all before you land, or do you have another plan?
>>
>>46683541
whelp, least we didn't get shanked like a filthy n'wah, i say bombard than send in some automatons.
>>
>>46683604
Just a reminder, automatons are not as useful as you guys think. They take orders, but do not have their own consciousnesses. They can't do anything as complex as comb for survivors. Plus they cannot go that far from the ship. They are powered by it.
>>
>>46683541
Just blow their shit up family
>>
>>46683541
Shock and awe, dont bother with intimidation. Go in, disengage stealth, and start firing.
>>
Now to see if these guys are actually innocent refugees and that govner's brother just needed a scapegoat.
>>
>>46683434
Well damn. Your quest, your choice AM.

Hey wait, he didn't add a +2 to it. That still counts?
>>
...thoughts. What if there are other slaves? Like, captives?
>>
>>46683702
Nah, nat 1 is nat 1. Way I do it, if one of the first three gets a 1 or 20 it's automatically the one I choose. If you get a 1 AND a 20, I ignore both and go with whatever the third option is.
>>
>>46683719
ehh, fly over with stealth on and check it out before blowing it hell.
>>
>>46683759
We'll go with this to start.

Writing.
>>
>>46683736
Alright then. At least some people like me won't get confused later.
>>
You lift off, giving the ELF people a very rude hand gesture they can't actually see right now, but it still makes you feel better. Freyja throws you a dirty look while averting her daughter's eyes.

You head towards the mountains, scanning the peaks carefully, but aren't exactly seeing anything of note. They're pretty numerous and uniform. A lot of grey and white. Almost an hour passes with no sign of them until you catch something almost blending in with the dark greys of the cliffs...

A flying fortress. It's downed, looks like it has been for a while judging by the amount of it that's falling apart. Enormous holes are in the sides and it's frame is barely holding together. The only thing that actually grabbed your attention, in fact, is that there is quite a bit of graffiti, decorations and war banners. A lot of skulls, in fact. Humanoid and animal alike. That looks like the place...

With that, I'm afraid, I'm going to have to call it a night. Thank you for playing and I hope you enjoyed the game! If you liked it, please vote for it on the archive and follow me on Twitter for play times! I'll stick around for a little bit to answers questions, but other than that, have a good night!
>>
>>46683983
Thanks for running, buddy.
Is this the same downed airship we heard about earlier or a new one?
>>
>>46684122
The very same. Flying fortresses don't disappear often...present company not withstanding.
>>
>>46683983
Thanks for running AM.
>>
>>46684145
going to assume the bandits have probably repaired a few of whatever guns were left and have them at the ready.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.