[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lady Knight Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 1459452375607.jpg (262 KB, 680x920) Image search: [Google]
1459452375607.jpg
262 KB, 680x920
Previous thread: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46371239/#46371246

Your name is Isabella Voltaire, and you seem to be in the company of two heavily armored knights. The threat of having strangers drag you into a sitting position didn't really sit quite well as you observed their calm features. You can't help yourself in being a little tense when you come into the waking world once more, and you try your best not to panic, and to just squarely punch the guy with your gauntlet covered fist, and berate them immediately over what exactly were they doing.

Against your every instinct, you calmly place your hand on the black armored young man's, and push it away, which he seems to allow, his look seeming to show confusion even. You clear your throat in the small moment os awkward silence that seemed to form. You can't seem to get enough of those in long wagon trips.

"Um...Excuse me." You interject, your voice having some noticeable gravel from your not so pleasant slumber. "May I inquire what urgency you may have to tug me from my sleep?" Your voice inadvertently seems to be a little authoritarian when addressing them, but you continue. "And why exactly is our highness gone from the vehicle we shared?" You look at the two in turns, while trying your best to make your breathing quiet, since you couldn't manage slow.

[1/2]
>>
>>46670983

The two men, one of them being bald and having a softer, younger set of facial features, while the other seemed to be a little older, his hair slightly long and slicked backwards, sporting a small scruff of beard, all darkly coloured. The latter one seemed to turn away to look to his left and cock his head in your direction.

"They're awake." He says slowly, the gravel tone in your voice put to absolute shame in comparison to this man's. "What would ye have us do, lass?"

Only now does the accent in his voice really hit you, the first two words not conveying that enough. It is after he asks that question that you prompt yourself up a little to ask who he's talking to, but you hear a familiar voice, silken, female and pleasant, yet spoken like a commander's, in answer to the man's query before you could.

"Assist her. Her injury is...bad." You heard the last word being said with some gravity to it, that was followed by the gaze of both the men relatively close to you, that studied your figure.

The younger one of the two, which strangely had no hair in comparison to the other older one, gave out his hand in silence.

You can:

>[ ] Take it. You don't think you can really walk by yourself, and you appreciate the help.
>[ ] Refuse. You're a knight, you've rescued the princess, and you have your honour. You're not a damn cripple yet.
>[ ]Ask more questions. (Write-in)
>>
>>46671064
Take it. Pride is overrated.
>>
>>46671064
>>[ ] Take it. You don't think you can really walk by yourself, and you appreciate the help.
>>
Apologies for the late thread, the entire week was hectic when I got a new computer and got Dark Souls 3 just a few days later. Been wasting a lot of time as of late, which is funny because before I wasted a lot of time with a shit computer.

>>46671142
>>46671233

Writing.
>>
File: Fantasy-Wallpaper-City.jpg (988 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy-Wallpaper-City.jpg
988 KB, 1920x1080
>>46671142 >>46671233
>>46670983

You take the young man's hand, and he helps you step down from the carriage, holding on to him with one arm to make sure you land safely, not daring to lay your damaged foot upon the floor. When you look around, your eyes reach the grandiosity of the cathedral that stands before you.

You take a few moments to bask in how grand it looked. You've heard before that the Order lived in the outskirts around the mountain that your capital was placed in, in a cathedral that looked imposing and menacing, harboring a couple of other buildings in its short vicinity, gaining the ability to provide for itself and for those who hailed and worked there, but you never imagined that the cathedral would be this huge.

"Quite the place to honour our gods, is it not?" You turn your head to the source of the female voice, and you find Jeanne walking up to you. "I'll take it from here. Bring her belongings if you please."

The two men nodded to her request, the younger one allowing you to let go with your time and wrap your arm around the princess, to which you are a little bit more comfortable about. While the armor is equally as hulking, at least she's around your height, which helps.

You find yourself nodding to her query, but you shake your head soon after. "I thought we would be heading to the capital?" You cannot help but sound a little worried about the detour, but your princess doesn't seem to change her smiling expression.

"Worry not. We will be heading there after...well, treating you." She answers, a little uncertain but with a definite attempt at reassurance.

[1/2]
>>
>>46671996

Despite hearing that slight break in her usually confident tone, you cannot help but trust her. The small chatter you had on your journey here really helped you see that she wasn't just another pretty face hailing from royal bloodline, and warmed your gaze around her. The way that she answered your questions that, in retrospective, sounded rather stern and awkward, really eased her into your trust, that and the entirety of her behavior whilst you fought off your draconic opponent.

The trek towards the inside of the cathedral is rather big, in fact, the stairs upwards seem to go on almost endlessly, but there's enough for you to focus on one thing while you walk with the aid of your princess.

Do you:

> [ ] Observe your surroundings. You have never been to his place before, you might as well take a look.
> [ ] Observe the two men that walked in front of you. Maybe there's something to recognize in their suits of armour.
> [ ] Observe your princess. You'll probably never have a chance to be this close to her, might as well observe her features a little more closely.
>>
>>46672281
>> [x] Observe your surroundings. You have never been to his place before, you might as well take a look.

Why not relax a bit!
>>
>>46672281
>Observe your princess. You'll probably never have a chance to be this close to her, might as well observe her features a little more closely
>>
>>46672281
Little bit of first, and some lesbianism with number 3, but just a little. Were a professional.
>>
>>46672281
> [x] Observe your princess. You'll probably never have a chance to be this close to her, might as well observe her features a little more closely.
>>
>>46672281
>> [ ] Observe your surroundings. You have never been to his place before, you might as well take a look.
>>
>>46672281
> [x] Observe the two men that walked in front of you. Maybe there's something to recognize in their suits of armour.
>>
>>46672281
> [ ] Observe your princess. You'll probably never have a chance to be this close to her, might as well observe her features a little more closely.

Might as well see if we notice something.
>>
> [ ] Observe the two men that walked in front of you. Maybe there's something to recognize in their suits of armour.
>>
>>46672281
>> [X] Observe your princess. You'll probably never have a chance to be this close to her, might as well observe her features a little more closely.
>>
Voting over!

Observance of the princess coming up.
>>
File: 1459950066142.jpg (381 KB, 717x897) Image search: [Google]
1459950066142.jpg
381 KB, 717x897
>>46672786 >>46672609 >>46672420 >>46672397
>>46672281

As compelled as you were to really take in the enormity of the place, the richness of the architecture of the cathedral, and how well taken care of, clean, and absolutely polished the marble was that gave a certain enchantment to the entirety of towering building and its surroundings, there was...something else, making your eyes go astray from the sheer quality of construction and composition. You would not know any better, and hence it doesn't concern you, but in the back of your head, you can almost hear more scholar-like colleagues of yours back in the barracks curse your very existence, that is, if they even knew you were here.

But alas, as expensive as the sights of the cathedral and the vicinity were, you saw more value in observing the gentle sway of your armored princess' golden strands of hair, the way her breath slightly wavered while aiding you, her nearly shining milky skin, a whole myriad of things even. You were rather enticed by the whiff of her scent that you captured when the winds worked in your favor and clashed her sunny locks onto you, to which your princess apologized, but you said it was fine. You don't know how to describe such a smell other than sweet.

Your princess locks eyes with you a little moment after, and her eyes fill with worry. "Isabella? Is..everything okay?" She says, a little hushed, her tone showing concern and her eyes looking directly at yours, the gaze switching between your eyes and your cheeks every once in an instant.

You can feel your own heartbeat racing slightly, but you shake your head in negative. "I'm just fine, your highness, is something the matter?" You ask, trying to keep some composure.

The princess sighs off the worried expression with your answer, but the concern is still in her eyes. "You're sporting quite the shade of crimson on your cheeks, brave knight." She says, a small smile curling her glistening lips.

[1/2]
>>
>>46673152
She wants the V so bad
>>
File: 1362181286eb3305_l.png (168 KB, 450x290) Image search: [Google]
1362181286eb3305_l.png
168 KB, 450x290
>>46673152
>"You're sporting quite the shade of crimson on your cheeks, brave knight."
SHE KNOWS
>>
>>46673152

You weren't expecting her to really say something about it. Not even in that volume. As your eyes look away, you can see that the baldest paladin's head was turned in your direction, a sly smile curling his lips, his eyes narrowed in your direction. You look further away, and this is when he turns forward and keeps walking. The other one just doesn't react to it.

You try to think of something to say, and you seem to not have a lot of options for it.

> [ ] Avoid the entirety of the situation with a plausible excuse.
> [ ] Say something witty to turn it on her instead. Be aware you'll be flirting with your king's daughter
> [ ] Stay quiet and just keep walking. You cannot possibly make this situation more embarrassing.
>>
File: Lenny_face.png (41 KB, 581x263) Image search: [Google]
Lenny_face.png
41 KB, 581x263
>>46673152
>>
>>46673317
>> [X] Say something witty to turn it on her instead. Be aware you'll be flirting with your king's daughter
THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE PRINCESS TRAIN
>>
>>46673152
> [ ] Say something witty to turn it on her instead. Be aware you'll be flirting with your king's daughter
>>
>>46673317
>Say something witty to turn it on her instead. Be aware you'll be flirting with your king's daughter
>>
>>46673317
Witty all the way. We in there.
>>
>>46673317
> [x ] Say something witty to turn it on her instead. Be aware you'll be flirting with your king's daughter

But really try to be on the safe side of humour, nothing too adventurous.
>>
>in a Cathedral
>doing gay shit
I don't know what religion this is, but I'm not aware of any that tolerate homos. Nevermind the idea that you think there's a snowball's chance in Hell that the King is gonna let his daughter marry another woman.
>>
>>46673450

I agree on that.
>>
>>46673469
Not only that, but one who apparently just lost a fight and might never fully recover from her injuries. Sometimes you can get away with dating somebody above you, but only if you're not a loser.
>>
>>46673361
>>46673394
>>46673410
>>46673450

Oh boy. Witty it is then. Taking a short dinner break and coming back.

>>46673469
I'd say it depends on how the setting works, but consequences may occur. Stay tuned.
>>
>>46673469
You are aware that rampant, virulent hatred of homosexuals is pretty much exclusively an artifact of Abrahamic religion right?

Buddhism places no restrictions on the sexuality of laypeople. Of course if you want to be ordained and become a buddhist monk ALL sexual acts are forbidden, but that's not a universal commandment. Hinduism's history with homosexuality is spotty, some texts do seem to contain prohibitions of homosexual acts, but others describe the practice as joyful and natural.

Neither Buddhism nor Hindusm contain commandments that Homosexuals aught to be killed. That's pretty much exclusively an Abrahamic thing.
>>
>>46674017
The religions that dominate most of the world in general and medieval Europe in particular, and that therefore will probably have some kind of analogue in a quest based on medieval Europe.
>>
>>46674111
They didnt have female knights or princesses in armor did they? checkmate athiests
>>
I have returned. Writing the royal flirtation.
>>
>>46674212
Welcome back.
>>46674186 so far i know the most recognized female in armor was Jeanne D'arc.
>>
>>46674186
They didn't really have those anywhere outside of modern pop culture fanservice. And since that's clearly what this quest is, I guess I stand corrected, though I do still hold out some hope that OP will draw from some source material that isn't an anime or dating sim.
>>
>>46674268
And the reason she was so influential is because people believed she had a special connection to God. You know, the Abrahamic one. Double reverse checkmate.
>>
>>46674111
Not necessarily.

In the 8th - 10th century there were still quite a few Heathens and Pagans running around, particularly in Scandinavia or the Slavic East.

Besides, this is Fantasy. The QM can just make up whatever he wants.
>>
>>46674322

Touché.
>>
>>46673361 >>46673394 >>46673410 >>46673450
>>46673317 (You)

As much as you were thinking of letting go of the situation and let the entirety of this ruse be put behind you, your head turns forward, where you can see your princess through the corner of your eye. She's still carrying a little smile, and waiting for your answer as her head is turned towards you. Your eyes lock once more as you turn slightly, and you breathe in.

"I think it looked better on you, back when I removed my helmet, your highness." You retort, making sure that your voice was still in a somewhat low volume, deliberately making it slow so she could understand you clearly.

Your princess is caught off guard, a pink shade flushing to her own features with a rather quick pace. Both you and her are caught by surprise when you hear the bald one stifling his laughter, and the gruffer one looking at you through the corner of his eye. You feel uneasy at this.

Your princess however huffs off her stuttering, the flush still there as she looks forward "Knight Isabella, as much as I appreciate your aid today, you will cease this line of conversation unless you wish to walk these stairs alone." You can hear the annoyance in her voice, and the blush as well.

But such guarantees your quiet. You can't help but feel there's a certain charm to her when mildly inconvenienced. You smile and nod at her order.

[1/2]
>>
>>46674890

In the meantime, you feel that you are no longer ascending flights of stairs, and as soon as you tell, you are faced a door, modest in colour where it lacks it in size. You think it's enough to bring three wagons stacked vertically, and wide enough for ten armored men to stand guard in a horizontal line. You feel that is should be addressed more like a gate rather than a door, specially due to the fully armored guards standing beside it.

You feel yourself move a little as you observe your princess standing upright and readying, her expression changed into a rather serious one, but she is not the one to speak.

"Second Corvan Jeanne Elianor returns with the stone of the Goddess Coramenus! Open the gates!" The gruffer man shouts.

A small moment passes before a cacophony of chains is heard in return, and the gates are open by seemingly no one, the massive creaking of the iron hinges and the wood that the door was composed of ringing with its loud breaching. They open fully with a loud bang, slamming the chains into spot as the door budges no longer.

[2/3]
>>
File: 1456344585082.jpg (406 KB, 510x850) Image search: [Google]
1456344585082.jpg
406 KB, 510x850
>>46675417

The four that constitute your current company step foot inside it. Your gaze is filled with a massive, tall hallway, covered in marble stone, coloured to the brim with golden colours and red expensive cloth. The Pantheon of the 6 are presented in beautifully coloured statues, their physique well accentuated, each and every one depicted in their prime of battle against the profane ilk that once covered the entire world, striking a victorious pose with the weaponry that best represented their entirety.

Your eyes look to the statue of the Goddess mentioned, Coramenus. She strikes the ground with the end of her spear, and from the small crater, flowers bloom, it too beautifully carved and painted in the expensive stone. Her chest plate featured a half dead apple tree, one side blooming and alive, the other looking ravaged from harshness of winter.

Your entire company stops in the dead center, where another hallway intersects, a man of black armor standing there. The two men bend their knee and put a clad fist across their chests, bowing their head to this man. He does not seem badly aged, but he seems experienced, from the scar that crosses his features and a bulking physique. His head bows in the direction of the two men, and afterwards burrows an intense look upon you.

"Were you the one offered the task to bring back my sister?" He asks, deadpan. You cannot tell much from his features due to how nervous and scared he makes you.

The princess interjects. "Now is not the time, she is injured and needs the ma-" The man shoots her a look that didn't quite sit well with you, but it makes your princess devolve into silence.

What do you say?

>[ ] Answer his query with modesty. You merely completed the task you were sent for.
>[ ] Show your slight indignation with his treatment of your highness.
>[ ] Free yourself from the aid and bow to him, then answer his question.
>[ ] Other. (Write-in)
>>
Bonus: Cathedral plant. gotta love me some of them gothic style churches.
>>
>>46675827
INDIGNANT
NO CHILL
Jk, Free ourselves and answer the question, Make a point of not bowing though.
>>
>>46675888
Pic didn't show up. Oops.
>>
>>46675827
>>
>>46675827
>>
>>46675827
>[ x] Answer his query with modesty. You merely completed the task you were sent for
>>
>>46675827
> Answer his query with modesty...
>>
>>46675898
>>46676039
>>46676072
>>46676530
>>46676550
Writing. Considering taking the suggestion of not bowing though.
>>
>>46677015
>"Were you the one offered the task to bring back my sister?" He asks, deadpan.
We know he's the prince, why wouldn't we bow?
>>
>>46675827

Some moments in silence pass. As those same moments pass, your fear for this man fades slowly. After all, you faced a dragon today, taunted him, and jumped onto him and buried your sword within its chest, with the promise of aiding your princess in her own errand. You succeeded and you came out alive. You're not entirely sure about your companion, but you're standing on your own two feet. In fact, you aren't. And that's the first thing you get around to do.

You let go of your princess and take a step forward. You can hear the slight chiming of her armor. She probably bowed too. The man expects you to do the same, but you don't. Instead, you face him with a look similar to his own, even if you had to look up a little for what you were about to do. You had to ignore the pain in your ankle for this, and his angered stare.

"I was the one tasked to bring our highness back into the kingdom from the clutches of the dragon that took the mountain for itself. I was the one who buried my sword in its wings and its chest, and the one to spill its blood on the stone floor and mix it with the dust of battle."

Your words come out at a careful pace. The man does not seem displeased with your explanation, his anger having subsided, curiosity filling his eyes instead.

He observed the entirety of your figure up and down. "What is your name?" You do your best not to flinch, but your ankle is very inconveniently agonizing right now.

"I am knight Isabella Voltaire." And then, only then, do you place yourself on your knee and do the proper bow you were taught. "It was my honor to have assisted your sister, her highness, in her task." You let go of the breath you were holding silently.

The silence of the room weighed upon you. You were not entirely sure if you did a wrong move, but the first thing you feel is a cold gauntlet on your head.

[1/2]
>>
>>46677707
You hear the man give a stifled chuckle as his grip around your skull was rather weak for your expectations, but began to firm. It was a bit painful but you do not flinch for one second.

"Bravery is not lacking in you, I can give you that much, errant knight. I appreciate such a thing. However..."

His grip tightens and you grit your teeth as you try to move but his strength stops you. Your breath quickens as you start to panic.

"This will not be easy for both of us. For you."

You start to feel a burning sensation in the back of your head that intensified within seconds. You would place your hands on his and try your utmost to remove it, your pained groans augmenting in volume, but before you could, your sight started to dim and your body to numb, the voice of your princess seemingly an echo before you felt your head hit the marble floor, and your consciousness fading away.
>>
And that will be all for today.

Thank you all for participating, I'll be around for any further questions!
>>
HE'S A VULCAN
>>
Oh my...
>>
I had to archive the thing myself, also here's a twitter if you care about that shit, I don't fucking know, I'm gonna go play Dark Souls 3

https://twitter.com/trapdoars
>>
>>46678077
Thanks, TD. That was a gas.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.