[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: HURR DURR WARMAHORDES IS GAY.png (339 KB, 640x433) Image search: [Google]
HURR DURR WARMAHORDES IS GAY.png
339 KB, 640x433
Shit's still going to be broken! Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBBcOVuY4U [Embed] [Embed] [Open]

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
> textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Who's worried that the first goal of Prime/Primal is to make the game simpler and more streamlined?

It's almost guaranteed that most unique rules on models are removed, just like Mk. I to Mk. II did.
>>
>>46670445
Until I start seeing examples I won't worry. I actually expect them to be adding some complexity or just power back.

MK1 to MK2 changes point costs by roughly dividing by 10. This clearly meant a ton of models (2-4 points) that where on a spread of point costs now needed to all be balanced around the same cost. Which meant a lot of them wound up over costed and bad.

So the fact they announced the doubling of PC range means they can already fix a major flaw in MK2's design which impacts model complexity.

I also really wonder what they can simplify. They've announced removal of fear but not what those models get as a replacement. So until I get more concrete examples I can't quite figure out what they even mean.
>>
>>46670445
Streamlined isn't a bad thing. There are a lot of rules in Mk2 that are unnecessary and counter intuitive.

For example, power attacks, terrain, weird rules interactions, shield guard, command checks, etc

In short, your concerns are pretty baseless. Wait for the full thing to drop
>>
>>46670551
First and foremost is probably more iconizing of abilities. Icons for blessed, that an ability triggers on critical, armor piercing, cumbersome, etc. Reducing text on cards is going to be a huge deal, since at the end of Mk. II we started having the same syndome as Mk. I: not being able to fit everything on one card.

Since there are so many critical abilities, we'll probably see many of these disappear or get merged into common abilities. I have a feeling that crit-fishing is something that PP wasn't a fan of, either. Fear, command checks, tough—they all fall into the same boat.
>>
is there some official word on the card decks? Will there be additional copies of models with FA:U, and if so, how many?

The shop I usually buy at, for example, lists the Retribution deck as having 82 cards, but I'm not sure how this was counted.
Having every Ret card once should be about 70. 12 more doesn't sound like enough for all FA:U units, but 82 is definitely more than a single copy of each.
>>
>>46670921
From the Mk. II decks, they included 2-3 of each FA:U model (warbeasts, units). They seem to be used as filler to get up to an average card count.

I'm not sure if the new decks will be including minions/mercs as well, though. I hope they don't.

Either way, it's not expensive to just buy two decks and toss the duplicates you don't need.
>>
Amphibious is an example of a rule that doesn't need a paragraph on cards. It only interacts with a terrain effect anyway so why not have it be part of the terrain rules that everyone gets for free anyway.

>>46671025
The main reason to have multiple cards is damage tracking. Which can be done via warroom, scratch paper, or print outs anyway.
>>
>>46671025
You're assuming that models will be FA:U in Mk3
>>
>>46670629
Yeah, I'd expect a consolidation of both triggered effects (especially destruction/RFP) and soul/corpse collection. I'd love to see Eyeless Sight/Hunter/etc replaced with iconized "Ignore Stealth", " Ignore Clouds", etc.
>>
>>46670921
Just buy warroom or photocopy the cards you need duplicates of
>>
>>46670921
Ussually only things with health boxes have duplicate cards.

iirc the Merc deck for mk 2 came with 3-5 of every jacks card. and 2 of non-character solos with health boxes (ex Ogrun bokur). Can't recall exactly.
>>
>>46672651
Not True, you usually get at least two of the mainline units of single wound infantry.
IIRC
I had two or three KE, two TFG, two Zealots
>>
>>46670587
Idk if those are rules that need stram lines. More like: hunter, eyeless sight, phantom hunter and cull soul, soul taker and bodycount are all rules that do similar things that could be reduced to one rule
>>
I currently play some with a bit of legion. I'm wanting to expand into farrow, looking at lord carver in particular. I mean, just look at the name. It's badass.

How do the farrow play though?
>>
>>46672947
Terrible. But with mk3 on the horizon just wait untill june
>>
>>46672947
>>46673249
Imagine how broken carver would be on an actual good faction like skorne or circle.
>>
So I've never played a tabletop and with MKIII coming in June I thought I'd jump into warmachine.
1d4chan tells me that Cygnar and Khador are the go to factions for new players but I find them to be rather uninteresting...

What faction would you guys recommend for a bloody new guy?
>>
>>46673617
Just wait until more leaks are revealed so you can research the factions with the new rules

What factions do you like the look of?
>>
>>46673617
Go either Circle or Cyriss. Both are super fun and bloody good factions.
>>
>>46673679
Isn't Cyriss being phased out?
>>
>>46673659
Cryx and Menoth look pretty nice, not sure what to think about the Convergence, they don't seem to get a MKIII Battlegroup anyway though.

>>46673679
Honestly a bigger fan of the Warmachine part of Warmahordes and I wanted to start there, so no Circle for me.

I am going to fuck up painting no matter what I'll choose, right?
>>
>>46673734
Hell no, Ed just tweeted some conflux boxes
>>
>>46670921
Nothing official, but the only things to be duplicated will be non-character jacks and beasts. Everything else, you get one of.
>>
>>46673734
Not even close. PP would never phase out factions.

>>46673617
We don't know enough about the factions yet. Best bet is to choose based on looks. Each faction will probably keep its main identities, though. So you can pick off those as well.
>>
>>46673734
Nope, there is multikit colossal box coming out soon.
>>
"The Blood of Kings Book. Over 500 pages in length, the epic saga of the Iron Kingdoms comes to life in this momentous book by award-winning Privateer Press author Doug Seacat. Taking up the story that has propelled the WARMACHINE setting for over a decade, The Blood of Kings depicts the world-changing collision between the sitting King of Cygnar and his exiled brother, Vinter Raelthorne IV, in an unprecedented battle that will leave a kingdom in flames. An event unto itself, this is the book that every fan of WARMACHINE and the Iron Kingdoms setting has dreamed of since the advent of the original Witchfire Trilogy!"

http://thecombatcompany.com/hobby/books-and-dvds/privateer-press/pre-may-the-blood-of-kings-book/
>>
>>46673734
No. They are a minor faction, that means that PP doesn't guarantee they will get models on a regular release schedule like a main faction. Same goes for Cephalyx. So you might be stuck using the same units for a long time, but the army will be usable.
>>
File: TBK COVER.jpg (54 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
TBK COVER.jpg
54 KB, 410x600
>>46674585
And apparently that photo of the cover was just a temporary mock up, here's the real one.

Seacat also mentioned this on the forum today:
"I can provide a little more info. The Blood of Kings puts Caine and Magnus center stage, advancing Caine's longstanding mission to assassinate Vinter's bastard son Julius amid the backdrop of a larger conflict over the Cygnaran throne. My book takes place prior to the time jump in the new edition. It sets in motion a number of key events that have ripples into the new "present" after the time jump, at which point Flashpoint picks them up and runs with them."
>>
My biggest concern is that the game doesn't fundamentally change, but just get some more model bloat. With the increased battle groups allowance, the new battle boxes are what approximately 0 points looks like.

I'm concerned you're going to see more filler jacks, the choices between which ones you being won't be very compelling, and this just frees up points for another unit. Basically the one colossal you bring will be close-to-free with points left over for some more support, for example.

It'd be a shame to go through a whole rebalancing effort and buying new card decks just to see we're just playing with another unit or light.
>>
>>46674733
"Khador is an early antagonist in The Blood of Kings, as it features events right as the Khador and Cygnar alliance breaks apart. This definitely has an impact, and there are several important scenes involving the Khadorans, including (maybe) my favorite duel in the book. Also, we find out what happened to poor Siege, whom folks might recall was receiving the "kindness" of Khadoran surgeons the last time we saw him.

However, the majority of the book is focused on the Second Cygnaran Civil War, especially the clash between Caine and Magnus while that unfolds.

The Protectorate also plays a small role, which won't be a surprise to anyone who read WARMACHINE: Wrath. I doubt I'll be given the chance to do it, but I could have done an entire separate novella just on the Khadoran stuff going on during these events, and another one for the Protectorate! Maybe we'll return to those sequences someday... "
>>
>>46674764
They've mentioned rebalancing as one of the primary goals of the new edition, and implied they were making sure everything in a faction had a useful role to play. If they succeed even partially it should do wonders for diversifying the kinds of jacks we'll see used at the very least.
>>
>>46674733
Is Cryx in the book at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 320x320
>>46674785
>>46674733

>Magnus gets his own book detailing how fucking right he's been the whole time
>after 10 years IRL he finally wins

Remove borscht, Cygnars back baby
>>
>>46674024
>PP would never phase out factions.
Well... never say never. Who knows what can happen in this crazy world? But, as long as it remains privately owned and in the hands of people who actually care about it, then I think its a safe bet that PP wouldn't squat any factions (or even models, really).
>>
>>46675480

Even minions essentially have an entire rpg dedicated to them
>>
>>46670551
What could they possibly simplify?
Have you ever read the rulebook?

Just the power attacks alone are ample merit for being streamlined.

Units having to act like units would also be a very welcome modification.

having channelling and arc nodes be the same fucking thing

There are plenty of things that could be streamlined: note that streamlined doesn't imply dumbed down to AoS level.
>>
>>46675129
Nobody gives a fuck about Cryx
>>
>>46675129
No telling, but if they are I doubt it'll be anything more significant than Gaspy saying something ominous or something.

I'm sure they'll have their share of story in Act of War: Flashpoint.
>>
>>46675354
>Magnus gets his own book detailing how fucking right he's been the whole time

jesus that's satisfying

I'll be so disappointed if this is anything less than the truth
>>
>>46676260
They are the only faction I care about

>>46676379
Lame, but understandable, if a little disappointing because Cryx was a large player in the story till now. Does anyone know when Wrath of the Dragonfather is being released?
>>
>>46676468
They'll have plenty of stake in the story soon enough, they've just gotta establish the new status quo first.

Think I saw the date somewhere, but I can't remember now. It was fairly soon though, this month or early next.
>>
>>46676468

To be fair, Cryx has been a pretty central part of the recent fluff.

If they shift away from Cryx, it would be cool.

Odds are they will get more fluff with Goreshade soon though.
>>
Is there any word on what's actually IN the new boxes that are gonna come out with MK III or do I have to wait til June?
>>
>>46676934
What? The contents of the new battleboxes are known exactly. If that's what you're asking.
>>
>>46676934
We've known since the new edition was announced.
http://imgur.com/a/NaNy9/all
>>
>>46676934
The 8th page of allnewwar.com has them listed. Seems to be down from time to time, but you may be able to get on.

>http://www.allnewwar.com/
>>
File: Cf_Lx1mW4AIHLYC.jpg-large.jpg (140 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
Cf_Lx1mW4AIHLYC.jpg-large.jpg
140 KB, 1024x686
>>
>>46676966
I didn't. I only found out about the new edition like a week ago.

>>46676991
>>46676993
Thanks!
>>
How assblasted do people get if you paint in nonstandard colors?
>>
>>46677174
Less than if you don't paint at all.
>>
>>46677174
none
>>
>>46677197
Not that guy but will i get flamed for being a shit painter? I havent painted a miniature before and I am pretty sure that it will look like shit
>>
>>46677213
What? No. What?
Fun fact: everyone that paints models started out as a shit painter, and like >>46677197
said, just putting in the effort puts you heads above a lot of people. Anything is more fun than fighting bare plastic.
>>
File: img5927ff6.jpg (43 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
img5927ff6.jpg
43 KB, 640x426
>>46677213
We all start out as shit son, here's one of my first minis I painted.
>>
File: kayazy underboss.jpg (77 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
kayazy underboss.jpg
77 KB, 720x960
>>46677331
And here's a model I did last year.
It just takes time to get better. It's okay starting out like shit.
>>
>>46677325
I can imagine that fighting bare plastic is shit. Guy could just use crown cap instead then.

>>46677331
Pretty sure that's better than I'll going to be and >>46677399 is a pretty damn impressive improvement. How long did it take you to get that much better? Any tips?
>>
>>46677399
Holy hell, what an improvement.

>>46677174
I've never met anyone in person that got upset over paint schemes for Warmachine & Hordes, and I've been playing for 7 years. I've played competitive—traveling to multiple states for tournaments—and casually as well, totaling to around 200 different people over the years.

For quite a while, my minis were just primed as I slowly painted them (often I would have an entire list just primed). The only thing that happened was that I couldn't play in hardcore tournaments (hardcore tournaments require models that are painted and based).

tl;dr: nobody gives a fuck. Likewise, people love alternate color schemes—a local snow-Cryx player I met has one of most adored paint schemes, and it's white and baby-blue.
>>
File: 2012mevs2010me.jpg (467 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [Google]
2012mevs2010me.jpg
467 KB, 2048x1530
>>46677449
I think a lot of it has to do with brush control. Learn how to use a brush, how much paint to have on a brush, how much thinning you need, ect, and your brush will do a lot of the work.
Experimenting is important as well. I've sort of hit a plateau as far as painting skills are concerned because I just go with safe stuff I already know how to do because at this point I just want painted models on the table rather than good looking ones.
Here's a picture from 2011. The right Kromac was when I first played Circle in Mark 1. It was maybe half a year after that Shae painting - I was in the 'drybrush everything' phase, because dry brushing is an easy technique that looked decent on the table.
I sold almost all my circle, and then I decided to get back into it, and wanted to repaint Kromac - that's the one on the left. (I've since sold that, too. Haha.)
It's been like 6 years for me or something like that. I don't actually paint a lot anymore, and as I said, I stopped experimenting so I don't really get any better. So to get better, go with safe basics and then practice more intimidating techniques.
>>
>>46677399
What did you do/use to get those shadows on his arms and stuff?
>>
>>46677213
My first miniatures were fine. Just compensate for inability by spending longer making sure it's right.
>>
>>46677600
just layering. My skin I use P3 paints for.
Idrian Flesh tends to be my base coat, and then I layer it with Midlund Flesh, into Ryn Flesh, and with Ryn Flesh I add in a bit of sanquine highlight or base to add a bit of that fleshy color that humans have.
I go from dark to light, though most talented painters I know like to shade and then highlight after a base coat of the middle tone.
>>
>>46677600
Not him, but it's just basic highlighting: you paint a base color, then you paint a lighter version of that color over the base while leaving the darker in the crevice. You keep doing that until it's how you want it, and generally the more layers/more gradual the lightening of the color the better it looks.
>>
>>46677724
Or just basecoat, wash, use basecoat as pseudo-highlight, then apply any highlights you care about.

>Buying 10 different shades of blue from GeeDub
>>
I just finished finding out about all this new stuff

ffffuuuuuuggggg this is Age of Sigmar for Warmachine isn't it???
>>
Im trying to get into Warmachine and I play Dark Eldar in Warhammer, is there an equivalent in Warmachine thats blitkrieg/guerilla tactics/glass cannon-esque gameplay? Pls help
>>
>>46677988
what
How the fuck does an intelligent human being come to that conclusion.
>>
>>46677988
No.

Age of cygnar
>>
>>46677988
No, it's just a new edition. Don't be dramatic.

>>46678007
Everblight is the definition of glass cannon at the moment, with Circle and maybe Cryx in the same direction.
>>
>>46677988
Every time.

EVERY TIME.

Any game company does any fucking thing it's instantly 'OH SHIT, THEY'RE GW NOW SKY IS FALLING BLA BLA!' God, it's like a Reductio ad Hitlerum but with GW in place of the Nazis and I know there's a joke to be made there but fuck if I'm stooping to that level.
>>
File: Scan_20160411.png (5 MB, 1700x2338) Image search: [Google]
Scan_20160411.png
5 MB, 1700x2338
>>46670551
>I also really wonder what they can simplify.
Pic related.
>>
>>46678007
Legion of Everblight will probably tickle your fancy from both a playstyle and aesthetic perspective.

In terms of fluff, it's kinda more about dragons and body horror than anything else, but a typical Legion army nonetheless involves a lot of moving fast, hitting hard, and being an elf.
>>
File: washed vs unwashed.jpg (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
washed vs unwashed.jpg
99 KB, 800x600
>>46677449
Not that anon, but a lot of it is just what you learn as you do it. There's only so much you can learn before you even pick up a brush, but I did the same when I started, trying to learn everything possible first.

Some small things to help you get on the road would be:

Thin your paints in some fashion. Don't paint straight from the bottle. Pick up some paint from the pot with a clean, moist brush, brush it onto a plastic plate or whatever you're using and then dip your brush into a cup of water and then mix the water on the brush in with the paint on the palette to thin it out some.

Wait for the paint to dry completely before going on to another layer or color. Otherwise you'll end up with a muddy mixed up mess.

Contrast is better than being hyper-realistic. Don't worry if you think your model look bright and cartoony up close. At table distance you'll still be able to see the details.

Along with whatever colors you get, make sure to get a black and a brown wash. A wash is a super thin paint that will hug crevices and cracks and can make the detail pop rather dramatically. Some people even call it 'liquid talent'.

I can't find a picture I made to show this, but here's one I found on google. The left two have been 'washed' which means after all/most of the painting is done a liberal amount of wash is painted over everything. You can see how it dries in the crevices and recesses but leave the high points mostly untouched. On the right you can see the same minis painted the same way but without a wash. You can see the amazing amount of detail that is lost in just flat colors. The wash will also give a bit of a matte finish which is also desirable.
>>
>>46678171
That's pretty simple
>>
>>46678126

It's what happens when you play another game, not because you find anything interesting about it, but because you want to give the middle finger to a business who doesn't give a damn and already got money from you.

Miniatures games also seem to suffer from the same problem as video games, thinking that businesses care about you and not your money.
>>
consolidated rules info anywhere yet? I can't stand listening to people ramble on about stupid shit on podcasts.
>>
>>46678572
It's all just random spoilers, nothing real solid on the base rules as of yet.
>>
>>46678322
Thanks! Never really knew what the "washing" meant (I'm foreign and don't know the term)
Any colors you'd recommend? At my game store I just see those small bottles for warhammer miniatures I think and those 'official p3 color sets' are at least 50bucks on German amazon
>>
>>46678322
To build on this, you're also going to want to seal your miniatures. It helps against wearing paint off, as well as chipping.

The best method, tried and true, is to get a glossy and matte TRANSPARENT sealer (don't make the mistake of buying white sealant, it happens every once in a while). Spray the glossy on first, then the matte.

What this does is indicates when a model should be touched up again. If, after a while, you start seeing your model turn glossy, it means you rubbed off your matte sealant. Give it another pass of the matte and you're good to go.
>>
File: 1434223137908.jpg (91 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1434223137908.jpg
91 KB, 400x300
>>46678572
Yeah, they haven't given out a whole lot of details yet. They're prolly gonna keep tossing out breadcrumbs til June
>>
>>46678779
Colors don't matter too much. Pick what you like, but you're going to at least want a white and a dark color to birghten/darken tones.

Remember that when lightening a tone, you're going to use more paint than it would take to darken. And, as always, never paint from your brush: pick up matte medium and use that to thin your paints.
>>
>>46678572
Off the top of my head:

Premeasuring is in.
Power Up: Warjacks with a functioning cortex get a free focus if they're in control range at the start of turn.
Vectors don't get Power Up but Induction isn't limited to 1 focus any more.
Monstrosities also don't get Power Up but they get a focus when they take damage and you don't remove focus from them at the start of the turn.
Spirit Bond: Warlocks get a fury point each turn for each of their (non-lesser) beasts that have died.
Point costs have roughly doubled to allow more granularity, warcasters/warlocks get a lot more relative warjack/beast points. 75 points is the new 50.
>>
>>46679814
Morale is "Basically" gone, with Fear/Terror being removed

Every Warnoun is getting a unique spell or ability, minus a very few(Said later they found one without anything totally unique to them, but had a very interesting dynamic with their spells).

Colossals/Gargs were considered too conservative in Mk2, they're supposed to be even more powerful on the battlefield now, but their cost is increasing to account for it.

Said they got rid of skill checks, specifically talked about Repair simply rolling for how much you heal. The wider implication of this wasn't talked about.

Said they made sweeping balance changes to everything in the game, their goal was for every model to fill a unique role in an army. Lot of people think this was especially focused on warjacks/beasts, which makes sense: hopefully no more strictly superior heavy options.
>>
>>46679613
I've got a matte sealer I've used on models in the past, but it just leaves very noticable white bumps and just generally ruins the paint job. Any idea what the issue is? At best I can hit a model with one quick burst but I'm not convinced it's even protecting anything then, and I hate risking ruining hours of work.
>>
File: Calendar.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Calendar.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>46679814
Is that really it? Shit. Why are we making such a big deal?
>>
File: moar.jpg (149 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
moar.jpg
149 KB, 1920x816
>>46679938
It can be multiple things, but the main reasons are that it wasn't shaken up enough or that you're in a humid environment. The paint may have gone bad, as well.

By the way, if your model does cloud up after applying sealer, apply olive oil. It sounds ridiculous, but it actually works.
>>
File: IMG_20150906_144344636.jpg (755 KB, 1728x973) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150906_144344636.jpg
755 KB, 1728x973
>>46677174
Seriously, the only people that will get upset if you paint 'nonstandard' colors are sperglords. And typically, they're not the type of people you want to associate with in the first place.

PP has even said that non-standard paintjobs are fine, and even encourage them.
>>
>>46680006
I'm in Georgia and have had issues with the humidity and spray paint, so that might just be it. Thanks.
>>
>>46679958
I mean, that's the tip of the iceberg.

But this already has some pretty insane implications for the game. Army comp is going to change drastically, warjack/beast points going to where they are means that most warcasters can bring two lights and a heavy and still be at 0 points. So Battlegroups are about to get much bigger, and if we stay at the suggested 75 points, then army sizes are also going to get smaller.

And they've said they've attempted to rebalance everything, so a lot of the dud units and shelf guards could end up seeing table time, or even become some of the better stuff.

It's some pretty huge changes, and we haven't even heard more than the most basic stuff.

I mean, the fucking Induction change has some absolutely massive changes in the concepts of Convergence list building built right in, so who knows how the other factions have changed?
>>
>>46680052
Heres a guide that talks about frosting and using the olive oil trick.

http://handcannononline.com/blog/2013/11/19/beginners-guide-beginning-protection-part-ii-fixing-frosted-varnish/

The other technique I've heard of is to spray it again with the sealer. There's a thread on the PP Painting forum that someone made about it. I can't find it at the moment but if you run a search or look in the sticky you'll probably find it.
>>
File: bm_valentina_land_h032_closeup.jpg (125 KB, 681x600) Image search: [Google]
bm_valentina_land_h032_closeup.jpg
125 KB, 681x600
>>46680086
"Suggested 75 points"

The problem with Mk. II is that specialized units proved to be much more accurately costed than most fodder and generalization units. Look at Kossites and Assault Kommandos. There is no reason that both should be absolutely worthless, even in casual games.
>>
>>46680328
75 points is suggested because that's roughly equal to 50 in Mk2.

Of course, the community decides what the point value actually is, but I don't see it going up. Even 75 got stupid, and PP had very little success pushing the format.

And I can't seeing it go down, either. 75 in the new system is roughly 37 ish off strict point values. Even accounting for the fact that larger battlegroups won't have any impact on those points, it's still less models on the table.

And AKs weren't useless, they just took a lot of work to make worth it. If you built the list right, they could be plenty serviceable.
>>
>>46680428
I thought you meant 75 in the old format. We've yet to see the ramifications of the new, but that sounds understandable.
>>
>>46680503
No, 75 is what they said is roughly equal to 50 right now.

And army comp is going to change, just by the nature of the game.

I mean, all the new battleboxes, which are either 3 lights, two lights and a heavy, or two heavies, are said to come to 0 points after Warjack/Warbeast points. So Battlegroups are going to get bigger, especially on the warmachine side. No more token heavy in most lists.

And Power Up is a good sign, but we just have to hope that they've made warjacks worth it in general.
>>
File: baldur.jpg (30 KB, 664x527) Image search: [Google]
baldur.jpg
30 KB, 664x527
>>46679616
>>
hey wheres the link to the posts talking about CoC and Mk3 out of curiosity?
>>
>>46680904
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?248938-4-13-Insider-and-Warjack-Equivalents
>>
>>46680940

Post 22 in specific
>>
>>46680940
thank ya!
>>
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249089-New-edition-Forces-of-%28faction%29-books

>Force Books are coming. We'll have more news about them later in the year.

>Prime and Primal contain a selection of model entries for each faction. All models released through Mk II and included in the new Prime and Primal will be available via War Room and the Faction Decks.
>>
Fuck I hope Eyeless Sight doesn't get dickpunched.
>>
>>46681146
If PP actually wants to see real terrain in games, either it, Pathfinder, or both are going to get dickpunched somehow.

I understand they wanted the glass cannon faction to have the easiest routes of attack, but terrain was so binary in how it worked that Pathfinder and Eyeless Sight were simply too good at what they did.
>>
>>46681146
>Not wanting something more interesting than 'babby's first wargame: the rule:the faction'

Eyeless sight along with all the other 'rule ignoring' effects need to be re-tooled into something more fun.
>>
>>46681189
>>46681238
So much this, and I play Circle. "Completely ignore this army's strategy" and "completely hope on luck" strategies need to go in order for the game not to be shit.
>>
I bought a min ferox box from minimarket's spring sale

How the fuck do you use these things
>>
>>46681628
The bad news: They're fucking terrible

The good news: In two months, that might change.
>>
>>46681724
Like I feel like maybe giving them to zaal for jumping around like retards and doing two last stand swings each but that's still a lot of points for that
>>
>>46677067
Looks like a plastic Bomber
>>
>>46682297
Plastic Dire Troll kit would be nice for Trollblood players.
>>
>>46682352
But there already is one.
>>
>>46682411
And it's ugly.
>>
>>46681800
Like, that seems like the idea behind them.

But Jump is terrible for them. They lose their additional die on damage, their +2 to hit, and if I remember right they have Power Charge, so +2 to damage as well.

Hopefully Jump gets better. If it could be used as part of a charge, and they kept their charge bonus, it would be great.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46677449
Not sure if youre stoll here but im a terroble painter and what saved mu life is washes. I do base coat, main coat, wash for almost all my minis and thats instant table quality. Then do details and Ive recently started highlighting but i didnt before and it still looked fine. Pic related is what i got for warmachine atm.

As long as you thin your paints a bit a wash will give you some instant shadows and detail.
>>
>>46676991
Who are the new casters?
>>
File: 1460414758569.jpg (205 KB, 1865x970) Image search: [Google]
1460414758569.jpg
205 KB, 1865x970
>>46682893
New casters. We don't know the names of most of 'em so far, but each major faction is getting a new caster to go along with their starter boxes
>>
>>46682886
Sorry, typing on my phone made me sound like a dumbass! Anyway, heres another pic, my caster, I literally did basecoat, maincoat, wash for every colour and then went over the gold, white and face with a thin main coat again. Its the lowest effort for a good paintjob.

One more tip Id give is decide which parts of the model will be which colours and then paint them starting with the most used. So i went purple, gold, silver, grey, white, skin, details. It helps when the next layer goes over the previous layers mistakes
>>
File: image.jpg (795 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
795 KB, 3264x2448
>>46683024
Forgot pic related
>>
>>46679613
Does matt sealer cause the particles in metalic paints like ShiningGold or Chainmail to lose their shine?
>>
>>46683190
Normally no, but if you lay it on REALLY thick it can dull color a little bit.
>>
>>46682925
I like that a bunch of them are based on units in the faction, like iron fangs, storm blades, banes etc
>>
>>46682893
>>46682925
>Cygnar
Major (Beth) Maddox
>Khador
Lord Khazlov, Vicount of Skarsgrad
>Protectorate
Malachus, the Burning Truth
>Cryx
Bane Witch Agathea
>Retribution
Magister Hellyna
>Trollblood
Ragnor Skysplitter
>Circle
Tannith the Feralsong
>Legion
Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight
>Skorne
Beastmaster Zakaar
>>
File: progress.jpg (193 KB, 1160x498) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
193 KB, 1160x498
>>46677449
Not anon with the sweet underboss, but improvement varies between people. It has taken me years to get confident with my painting.
>>
>>46683569
Maddix*
>>
>>46683569
Hellyna Vahr is her full name.
>>
File: Scheme.jpg (548 KB, 1643x1088) Image search: [Google]
Scheme.jpg
548 KB, 1643x1088
>>46677174
Well PP's teaser for the edition has a Khador heavy done in not-quite-Cygnar-blue. I'd say anyone who gets assblasted is going against the community, and the company.
>>
>>46683893
It's like when the germans slipped panthers into us tank columns with us camo and no one noticed

A juggernaut just rolls up and files into the line and they're just like "Yeah fuck it that's legit"
>>
>>46683531
They all have a unit they're based on thats a classic for the faction.
>>
File: 1460396450970.png (491 KB, 879x617) Image search: [Google]
1460396450970.png
491 KB, 879x617
>>46684040
>man o wars
>storm blades
>cinerators
>classic
>>
>>46684123
The khador one is an iron fang

He's just in pretty bulky warcaster armor that resembles manowar in some places, but he's definitely small base.
>>
So what's the difference between grotesque raiders and regular grotesques battlecollege gives me nothing.
>>
>>46680543
It's worth noting that based on their corrective statement re: Juggernaut vs Conquest cost, the Juggy is probably 12 points now, equivalent to 6 in the old system.

Assuming they didn't change it in any negative ways, which I'd doubt, that's a good sign for Warjacks in general. I'd take a Juggernaut that gets a free focus every turn for 6 points, fuck yes I would.
>>
>>46677174
I'm not a fan of using another faction's default scheme, but all of the factions have Canon variant schemes.
>>
>>46684123
It's Iron Fangs and Flameguard. Stormblades are a classic though.
>>
File: stealth kodiak.png (1 MB, 1265x696) Image search: [Google]
stealth kodiak.png
1 MB, 1265x696
>>46684010
>>
>>46684123
They're based on units that were in the original Prime. Except Malachus, there were no Cleansers before Escalation.
>>
>>46685011
pStyker has made a terrible mistake and is about to pay for it.

CamoKodiak strikes again.

But seriously what the flying fuckwaffles is that battle even depicting? Cygnar and Khador models all mixed together and there's a mountain king for some reason.
>>
>>46685054
Cyngar and Khador are allied in the picture.
>>
>>46684229
Grotesques were renamed Grotesque Raiders in a recent FAQ. They are the same thing, it was just clarification because they were releasing new Grotesque things.
>>
>>46683893

You know, a cool Warcaster some time would be a Merc caster who runs some Khador jacks in-theme. A Lhaelese rebel with a talent for scavenging/cracking cortexes.
>>
>>46682925

Who likes short shorts!

Circle likes short shorts!
>>
>>46685054
A concept warmachine players seem to forget about with all the tourney play.

Co-op gaming.
>>
>>46685144
two warcasters on the same side make games very unfun.
>>
File: 57071607050fba0100b38ff1.png (445 KB, 680x381) Image search: [Google]
57071607050fba0100b38ff1.png
445 KB, 680x381
Is this new artwork?
>>
>>46685144

I'd really love to play more Co-Op and Scenario games rather than just the standard tourney matches my local store plays almost exclusively.

But then, I got into wargaming via Battletech, which is kinda low on big tourneys and huge on weirdass scenarios.

If a program could ever run Double Blind Warmahordes on a big map, I would be the happiest man ever but that would be very silly.
>>
>>46685184
Tell me about it man. It opens the door to some imbalances with combining feats, spells and shit but I'd love to see PP offer some guidelines. Maybe even just one feat per team per activation.

I just miss the experience of playing with friends rather than always against them that I had in my wargaming youth. I'm willing to trade some balance for the option of radically different formats and scenarios.

>>46685161
Looks like it
>>
>>46685184
Hell yeah battletech bros
>>
>>46685160

Why do you say that? Feats?

I find it works out fine as long as you alternate sides rather than having both players on one side go after each other.
>>
Problem with Co-op is that it gets stupid fast.

I did a 50 point, 2 25 point lists co-op tourney with a friend one time.

pThags paired with Lucant gets absolutely retarded, even ignoring feats.
>>
>>46685209

>I just miss the experience of playing with friends rather than always against them that I had in my wargaming youth. I'm willing to trade some balance for the option of radically different formats and scenarios.

Yeah. That's part of the big thing that makes me sad about Warmahordes. Every single map looks the same. You'll rarely see a cool cityfight like what's happened in fluff or assaulting a star fort or something.

Instead you get '2 pieces of wall, a forest and a hill'.

I can understand why (The more terrain, the happier everblight gets and we don't like happy everblight players) but it still makes me a bit sad.
>>
>>46685184
Funsy formats like that depend on the will of players to actually play them. Funsy formats tend to either outright die or have notably lower participation rates than normal play.

PP actually throws non-steamroller more casual stuff out there pretty regularly, but not enough people care.
>>
>>46685240
It's one of the big things people are hoping for in Mk3.

Given that terrain complaints have been with the game pretty much since people figured out Mk2, and they said they've been listening, hopefully they've found a solution to make terrain far more acceptable.
>>
Once did a tournament that was 35 points with 2 casters. Shared battlegroup between the two, and it could be a merc that works with them. It was some great shit seeing how things went down. I did eSorscha and Gorten Grundback. Khador force, but with access to Rhulic jacks. Think I took a basher and some gun bunnies.
>>
>>46685246
I mean, it's a matter of getting formats that are actually interesting.

Spell Draft and Who's the Boss, for example, are both very interesting formats.
>>
>>46685228
Yea my general experience with double caster/lock is that one team crushes one of the opposing guys and is just too far ahead at that point to lose.
>>
>>46685110
I honestly think that making different scrap-jacks out of different 'jack parts bashed together would make for interesting Merc units, as long as you keep the chassis size and weapon loadout the same.

Its like that article NQ had on converting 'Jacks for games of Grind
>>
>>46675844
>Just the power attacks alone are ample merit for being streamlined
The differences in distance calculation between throws and slams is the stuff of nightmares. Especially because half of the rules are strewn across the errata. Some simplification definitely is due here.
>>
>>46677331
>>46677399
Those are like night and day.
>>
>>46678007
Legion of Everblight even has corrupted elves. You'll feel right at home.
>>
I won't lie I am pretty stoked about MK3.
>>
>>46682925
CircleHaley is jsut too cute not to get.
>>
I really like how the Khador guy turned out I just hope his rules are good. I'm so glad they didn't give him some stupid Loki style goat horns or something.
>>
>>46686311
>I'm so glad they didn't give him some stupid Loki style goat horns or something.
Wait, does any Khador caster actually have those?
>>
>>46686356
No. None of them have been called the goat before though. You can never know how a new warcaster is going to turn out looking when PP starts saying weird stuff like that.
>>
>>46686311

How would that even work? Have him be THE Male Satyxis of legend? The one that's going to destroy everything for them?
>>
>>46685110

I'd play the hell out of that. Khadoran heavies with Merc lights would be a lot of fun.
>>
>>46686850
What if all legends come true in MK3? I wouldn't mind my Skorne finally having the Reborn.
>>
>>46686850

Just wearing a stupid helmet, like Loki in Avengers.
>>
>>46682886
>>46683024
Thanks bro, that looks pretty nice already, I like the details on the base.

>>46683582
Looks like I'll be in for a long ride, thanks man

>>46682925
Why the fuck does the Menoth Warcraster look so fat and bloated?
>>
So if Siege Brisbane got a Charjack, what would you want it to be?
>>
>>46687328
He already had one, its name is Triumph and it needs to be buffed in mk.3
>>
>>46687384
I did not know that...huh.
>>
>>46687384
>Auto-Fire [3]
That would be a start.
>>
>>46687555
Yeah it basically has no synergy with him outside of his gun being a worse Explosivo or something? I dont remember exactly.

It's a ranged jack with a shield too, which is kind of lame, since you either get the deffensive bonus from the shield by being too close to the enemy or you waste the hypothetical points spent on the shield by never being in range for it to matter. Its like a last resort weapon that will rarely, if ever, get used.
>>
Spoilers when.
>>
File: 7a257731.jpg (101 KB, 634x393) Image search: [Google]
7a257731.jpg
101 KB, 634x393
>>
>>46675844
Other one: like a billion fucking rules that all boil down to "fires more than once" with slight differences.

Auto Fire, Strafe, Multi-Fire, Rapid-Fire, and Dual Shot don't all need to exist. I'm betting they boil them down to like two keyworded abilities.
>>
>>46687851
Yeah, Rhinodons really need a buff.
>>
File: 1448161010145.png (221 KB, 1202x1033) Image search: [Google]
1448161010145.png
221 KB, 1202x1033
Would it be foolish of me to pick up this game now as opposed to June/July when the new edition comes out?

I'm used to the GW strategy of "hey, remember that model that was good and you bought a dozen of? Now it's shit, buy new thing pls"
>>
>>46687277
I love the new Menoth caster. He's thick.
THICK!
>>
>>46688619
No, buying stuff to get started won't be foolish. It's more likely that bad stuff will get good than average stuff becoming bad.
>>
So I'm still fairly new to Legion, do they have any good ways of dealing with Warmachine armies like Khador or Menoth besides assassinating the warcaster?
>>
File: preaching power stance.jpg (255 KB, 932x484) Image search: [Google]
preaching power stance.jpg
255 KB, 932x484
>>46688680
Just planning on getting the current Menoth battlegroup, so I figure those models will stay useful.

>>46688644
But I also want this guy when it comes out, his power stance is just too much to resist.
>>
>>46688619
>I'm used to the GW strategy of "hey, remember that model that was good and you bought a dozen of? Now it's shit, buy new thing pls"
Well here's the good news: This is not GW. Expect the strongest stuff to be toned down, butnot become useless. Regardless, you should probably wait, if only because of the new battle boxes.
>>
>>46684448
Yeah, I prefer it if someone's army has the signifying color of their faction (Cygnar with an element of blue somewhere, for instance), but I won't disparage someone for doing something completely different.
>>
>>46688766
I am really interested in the lore of that guy. Like, is he just plain fat as shit and needs the armor to even run around or what?
>>
>>46688719
Khador? Just kill their army.

Menoth? Not as sure, my gut says play pThags and kill their army.
>>
>>46689275
He's been described as akin to a "Butcher" of the Protectorate, which is to say he's beefy as fuck and then has the armour on top of that.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>46688795
Unless the game design philosophy or the player philosophy changes, which it may very well change....

"Toned down" means never taken.

I really sincerely hope that is not the case anymore. Otherwise we just hear someone shout "CHANGE PLACES!" And we start seeing a new thing 90% of the time.
>>
File: wat.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
2 MB, 225x169
>>46689420
wat
>>
>>46689419
Alright, knowing how roid guts looks like, that actually makes sense now, thanks
>>
>>46689420
>"Toned down" means never taken.
Toned down means toned down. Or do you think Lich2 is never taken right now?
>>
>>46689533
Uh... he's not. Why do you think no Circle players take two sets of Shifting Stones anymore?

And don't get me started with eHaley. Fucking garbage.
>>
>>46689955
Shifting Stones weren't toned down, they were specifically nerfed to prevent the exact tactic that was happening. The point was to stop people from taking two stones.

eHaley deserved her nerf, she's still a great caster with one of the best spell lists in the game and a pretty decent feat. She just doesn't get to take your turn for you anymore, which was stupid. Caused issues with deathclock, caused issues when newer players didn't understand her feat(especially if they were the ones using it), caused issues in general, game got stupid.
>>
>>46689955
Surely you are kidding. Please tell me you are kidding, because the alternative would be disturbing.
>>
>>46689955
You know what, I just noticed you said Lich2 isn't taken.

Holy shit motherfucker, you are dumb or ignorant.

He's still considered one of the best casters in Cryx.
>>
>>46690035
>He's still considered one of the best casters in the game
FTFY
>>
So, as a khador player how the fuck do I beat Haley3?
>>
>>46690068
Best caster in Cryx = Best caster in game
>>
>>46690076
you wait two months
>>
>>46690084
Well damn, I guess you're right.
>>
>>46690015
Of course I was kidding. I was still namefagging, which let you know I was being sarcastic from wat'ing the troll saying that "toned down" means never taken.
>>
Can someone explain how the afterlife works? What happens to a Menoth worshipper, vs a Morrowan, or Thamarite, or Tharn? Where do Dwarfs go when they croak?

Also, who are the good guys? Is it Circle?
>>
>>46690173
Good guys are generally seen as Trolls first, with Circle being based on your definition of good. Cyriss ain't too bad, either. Some of Cygnar isn't too bad, but most is. The rest are different flavors of "fuck you if you're not me".
>>
>>46690173
>Menoth
Menoth worshipping human souls are placed/ warped/ sucked into Menoths City of Man, where they defend the city and fight off the Devourer worm/ insane souls of Urcaen.

>Morrowan
Think they're either placed into the wilderness of Urcaen or Morrow might have an area under his protection where Morrowan souls can find sanctuary.

>Thamarite
If they die, I think they are just placed into the wilderness. No idea if Thamar bothered to build a community for souls worshipping her.

>Tharn
Strong get to fight for the Devourer, weak get eaten by the Devourer. Just the way they like it.

>Dwarfs
Think they're absorbed into Caen, like with the Trolls?
>>
>>46689955
I know this is a troll, but lich2 is still amazing and I drop him into almost everything but the haleys and a few other lists
>>
>>46690173
every religion basically has their own valhalla, where they fight(or avoid) the devourer wurm for all eternity
>>
>>46690173
Cryx is obviously the good guys (because they are my favorite). They clearly just want to rid the world if dragons...and everyone else
>>
>>46690255
...Circle, with the exception of Tharn. Them be crazy.
>>
>>46690173
The good guys are whoever's standpoint you happen to agree with. Do you think a little bit of chaos and slaughter is an alright price to pay to prevent a lot of chaos and slaughter? Well then the Circle has you covered. Do you think humanity needs to stand united against the Wurm? The Protectorate agrees.

As for the afterlife:

>What happens to a Menoth worshipper, vs a Morrowan,
They both enter the city of man, which is Menite heaven. That's the deal: You're allowed to follow Morrow in life, but in death your ass belongs to Menoth.
>or Thamarite
I don't think that's firmly stated anywhere. Seeing as Thamarites are basically radical individualists, it probably differs greatly from person to person.
>or Tharn?
You know the horrifying beasts that haunt Urcean? That's what dead Tharn are.
>>
>>46690317
They just want to bring the gift of immortality to others.
>>
>>46679814
>points double
>75 points is the new 50
don't you mean 100 is the new 50? or are you that stupid?
>>
>>46679958
>Why are we making such a big deal?
because a lot of these losers are autistic sperglords who can't handle change.
>>
>>46687277
hes got gutplate like the butcher and darius. also he is on a 40mm base while the others are 30mm so hes a lot bigger than the rest
>>
>>46691172
He's also standing with his pelvis thrusted forward a bit. If you look at his legs, they're bent back.
>>
>>46691044
25 of those 100 points are warjack points
>>
>>46691044
Everyone keeps saying that its a points doubling, but what they've said so far is that the scale of the game is going up, with most 'jacks costing double what they do now, but casters having more 'jack points.

The starter sets all sit at 0 points, so you'll be able to buy a few beasts and jacks with your caster, but not everything is going up in price I don't think.

From what I understand is that we'll see units that normally had to compete for a role now having two different costs, and will make it easier to choose whether to field a less effective yet cheaper unit, or a more elite unit for more points.
>>
>>46691276
They've out right said the entire scale is getting doubled so that there aren't 200 2-point solos anymore.
>>
>>46688619
The other replies cover it really. Now if you know what Faction you intend to play you could wait for the battlebox and pick up whatever units/solos catch your fancy for that Faction to prepare.
>>
>>46691601
>>46688680
>>46688795
Thanks for the (You)s

I was mainly thinking of the battlegroup so I'd have something to paint, so maybe I'll pick up one of the standard warjacks that won't be in the new box.
>>
>>46691044
With the increase of warjack points, those remaining points are being made up there.

In mk2 terms, it's like playing 35 point armies, but wj points go up to 15-17 points for warnouns
>>
>>46691044
Warjacks points increase. 75 being the new 50 was a PP statement. Are you that stupid?
>>
>>46691057
Most people are happy about he changes, man.

Wait and see to find out if the finished product is good, but most of those changes are things people have asked for
>>
>>46692116
To be fair, they meant that as the new point size for most games, like 50 is now.
>>
So im just getting into this game ive played already and was wondering about the factions? Does Retribution play more like Tau or the Eldar? Theyre the most aesthetically pleasing to me and the Cyriss so how do those two play?
>>
>>46692418
I haven't played 40k, so I have no context for how the Tau or Eldar play. But, this may be useful for you: http://battlecollege.org/Retribution+of+Scyrah
>>
>>46692418
You mean kill everything from 200" away without batting an eye? Well no, Ret cannot (yet) do that. They are however fragile (excluding Hyperion, Imperatus adn Griffons) and shooty.
>>
>>46692418
Retribution has a lot of anti-magic shenanigans, solid troops, bretty gud support/toolbox casters, and lots of pushing the other team around. Their 'jacks can do some cool shit that tends to get broken during battle because their force fields get shot off, so focus on alpha strike and battlefield control.

Cygnar tend to be more gunline-y, don't play Haley in casual games unless the other guy is playing Asphyxious in tier or something.
>>
>>46692918
Wich Asphyxious tier?
>>
>>46692418
>Does Retribution play more like Tau or the Eldar?

Tau gunlines? Cygnar
Eldar that's kinda tricky. signar stormwalls are exelent.

things may/will change in june however.
>>
>>46692418
Ret plays like old 4-5th ed Eldar. You have a bunch of specialized units that are good at that one thing with a bit of a lean on ranged options.
>>
PGI tells me to buy from a FLGS or I'm a "dirty free rider scumbag."

But then I look at the prices from my local game stores for a single Khadoran warjack, and note that it's 12 fucking euros more expensive for a single khadoran warjack than from an online store.

After that, I simply flip off the cuckold whore president of PenisPullers and continue buying from online stores.
>>
>>46693725
Now THIS is shitposting.
>>
>>46693725
You should support them if you play there, but that doesnt mean buying all your models there, i certainly dont do that.
>>
>>46693725
Agree. I don't play in a store, that's American behaviour. I have a dedicated group with a free communal space for playing. What do I care about brick and mortar stores?
>>
>>46693904
He's got a point though.

Most people outside the US have to pay exorbitant prices for PP's stuff. VATs and all that nonsense combine to make the hobby rather tough to upkeep in the europoor region.
>>
>>46693621

I thought rets schtick was having solid but unbuffed infantry and guns on most of their jacks
>>
My local place charges $15 a month to play there, so I'm fine buying online. It's the only place that does warmachine within 3 hours of me.
>>
>>46694216

Jesus, my store charges (voluntary, you can play for free) $100 membership per year but gives 30% off for members.
>>
File: Doll lewdface.png (689 KB, 949x1250) Image search: [Google]
Doll lewdface.png
689 KB, 949x1250
>>46694216
>tfw lgs charges $50 a year
>this gets you personal locker & priority registration on any event with registration
>>
File: ironman.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ironman.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>tfw my LGS is awesome
>$10 /mo gets you a personal shelf in the back
>buying stuff gets you $5 store credit for every $50 you spend
>ordering stuff through them gets another 5% discount (total 15% off MSRP)
>ton of 4x4 and 6x4 tables with a shitload of terrain

Yeah, I spend a little more buying stuff there but it's worth it.
>>
>new grolar/ kodiak is larger than restic juggernaut

I found the chassis for my Karchev conversion.
>>
>>46694883
It seems like all the new warjacks are fuckin huge compared to the old ones.

So much overhang.
>>
>>46694883

Why not just use the extreme Sculpt? It's still bigger than the Grolar/Kodiak.

I so like the idea of Khador jacks chassis being differently sized though.

Like, the Grolar/Kodiak are their "Heavy Tanks" and the Juggernaut is their "Medium Tank."
>>
>>46693725
Boohoo, enjoy having no store to play at
>>
File: Karchev_reference.jpg (159 KB, 617x720) Image search: [Google]
Karchev_reference.jpg
159 KB, 617x720
>>46694994
Extreme sculpt is metal, and more expensive.

Also, Karchev's chassis' size is supposed to be 13 feet, compared to the average Juggernaut chassis' 11,7 feet.

Also, being plastic, it's much easier to use for modification, and it's got rounded plates that make it easier to convert/ resculpt to look like the WM: Tactics interpretation.
>>
File: you.jpg (87 KB, 320x370) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
87 KB, 320x370
>>46694730
My old store used to have a $100 spent on 40k gets -10% on next purchase for 40k, had to end it when everything became over $100 and they were losing too much money. No more discounts on anything, ever.

Still want to support them though, they are all nice people who care about games. They even have dedicated store themed terrain for Warmahordes, 40k, and Infinity.
>>
>>46695927
PP short story up now

http://files.privateerpress.com/fiction/NoManLeftBehind.pdf

MENOTH JACKMARSHALLING!!!!!
>>
>>46696266
Madox spells from story:
snipe
Arc Lightning
fury / synergy ?
>>
>>46696603
The part with the damage buff sounds more like a feat.

"Her most potent magical ability".
>>
>>46694171
Blame the EU for that. They're going to base their policy on the primary US market, allowing the europoor's weird gaming habits and inability to acquire US goods at reasonable prices to determine your overall market strategy won't end well.
>>
>>46696909
hrmm maybe something simliar to xerxis feat.
>>
>>46690173
>Menite
Go the the City of Man, Menoth's domain in Urcaen.

>Morrowan
Go to Morrow's domain in Urcaen.

>Thamarite
Go to Thamar's sketchy-ass domain in Urcaen.

>The Faithless/Devourer Worshippers
Go to the Wilds of Urcaen where they are either devoured by the Devourer Wurm or one of the many horrible monsters in the wilds or become one of said horrible monsters depending on whether they were faithless or Devourer cultists respectively.

>Dwarves
Go to Tower Ghorfel in Karg Drogun, domain of the dwarven Great Fathers.

>Elves
Reincarnation.

>Dhunian races that don't worship the Devourer
Reincarnation.

>Skorne
Go to the Void, a screaming hellish nothingness which may actually be the Wilds of Urcaen or could be something else, but seems to be connected to Urcaen somehow given that the Devourer (which resides in Urcaen) came through Mordikaar's Void portal.
>>
>>46691276
In addition to the new battleboxes all being 0 points, we also know that a Juggernaut is 12 points and a Conquest is 37 points.
>>
File: IMG_1547.jpg (86 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1547.jpg
86 KB, 432x576
>>46694883
Way ahead of you.
>>
File: IKnowWhereThisIsGoing.jpg (218 KB, 1398x669) Image search: [Google]
IKnowWhereThisIsGoing.jpg
218 KB, 1398x669
>>46690173
You can't really call any of the groups 'good guys'. You have groups like Cryx, Skorne, and Everblight which are undeniably evil outside of their own societies. Beyond that, every faction has both good and evil sides to it. Most are working towards their own 'greater goods' (i.e. the Trolls want a safe place to call home, the Circle want to preserve the land and prevent the coming of the Devourer Wurm, Cygnar tries to protect it's own interests and 'defend' it's allies, Khador wants to reclaim 'lost' territories, Menoth wants to save mankind, etc).

All a matter of perspective really. One faction's good tends to be another's evil.
>>
>>46697484
I miss eKaya's "against all odds' rule. Mark 1 sure was fun
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.