[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shivering Isles Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Strange room SI.jpg (47 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Strange room SI.jpg
47 KB, 512x384
You yourself aren't entirely sure of your reasons for coming this far, but when you heard about the strange door rising out of the Niben you knew you had to see it.

You were scared as you stepped through, the warnings of the Guard and cries of the tormented squatting around the portal echoed in your mind as you were engulfed in light.

as the light begins to fade you find yourself in a small room where a tired looking man sits at a desk.

He begs you to take a seat then takes a book and pen out to begin putting your records into place.
As he does this he asks you a few simple questions about yourself
What's your name? What's your background? What is your profession?

You answer.....

>Roll 1D20 to choose character:
>Race
>Class
>Name

Class list here to help choose:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes
>>
He gives you a blank stare
You timidly say
>Bump
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46661510
>Altmer
>Witchhunter
>Lylien Camwatch
>>
>>46661982
Unless someone want's to try for a 20 lets go with this
>>
>>46661510
Asking random anons to do too much work, should have based your quest around the lore and have pre-made characters.
>>
>>46661982
also
male/female?
>>46662026
naw more fun to build a character, the rest follows the lore of the game
>>
File: Altmer.jpg (58 KB, 537x604) Image search: [Google]
Altmer.jpg
58 KB, 537x604
>>46662034
I'll just say female then since it sounds like a girls name

You proudly puff your chest out and shout
>I AM LYLIEN CAMWATCH OF THE SUMMERSET ISLES
You then realize that its only the two of you in a quiet little room you you calm down a bit
>I'm a witch hunter by trade, swift on foot, clever with spells, and can hit a bandit between the eyes at 200 yards!
>though I haven't had much luck in cyrodiil to be honest

The man grumbles something about elves and sighs before closing his book
>Well then everything is in order
>*sigh* Welcome to the Shivering Isles, Realm of Sheogorath, Prince of Madness

the man then disappears in a flash of light as the walls around you slowly begin to move as if alive.
you go over to touch one of the walls in frightful curiosity upon which it explodes into butterflies which swarm around you!

after the initial shock you see that the room is entirely gone and you are now standing atop some hill with a road winding off into the distance

you can see from here that the area is surrounded by a large wall on all sides and that there seems to be a small town in the distance.

since you can;t go back you head down the path, riddled with gigantic mushrooms

You decide to....
>head to the town
>explore elsewhere
>>
>>46662265
>head to the town
>>
File: 771px-SI-concept-02.jpg (166 KB, 771x600) Image search: [Google]
771px-SI-concept-02.jpg
166 KB, 771x600
>>46662291
You think it best to check yourself over before you go;
>inventory
Steel bow
Steel arrows
Leather armour
Alchemy set
Lockpicks
>Spells
Summon Skeleton
Fire bolt
Telekinesis

As you head down the path you notice how twisted and impossible things are
rocks are twisted and just out at random
strange plants bubble and ooze
gigantic mushrooms tower over the landscape
and strange colossal ruins jut out here and there

you continue along when you come to a small pool of muck, confident in your agility you try and jump over but something grabs you and you fall face first into the muck.

next thing you know a slimy horrid little creature has torn off your shoes and is scurrying away

what do you do? (roll 1D20)
>take out your bow and shoot it
>use a spell (specify)
>chase and try to capture it
>forget the shoes, continue on walking (no roll needed)
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46662491
>use a spell (firebolt)
Fire bolt it!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>46662491
>chase and try to capture it
>>
File: SI-place-Passwall.jpg (211 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
SI-place-Passwall.jpg
211 KB, 1200x900
>>46662644
>inventory
Steel bow
Steel arrows
Leather armour
Alchemy set
Lockpicks
>Spells
Summon Skeleton
Fire bolt
Telekinesis

it must have been very weak because it burned up instantly, you rush over to see if your boots are alright and luckily they are still usable (if a little charred)

still covered in mud you sigh and continue down the road, eyes watchful for any more annoyances

coming to the town itself you notice how dreary and run down the place seems to be

suddenly a short Redguard with a large afro runs up to you
>I am Sheldon, Lord Mayor of the great city of Passwall and ruler of the Fringe!
>you may call me m'Lord if you prefer.

his "city" isn't much to look at
some houses appear to have sunk into the nearby lake at some point as well but a few still stand around the main square, a number of rather odd looking people shuffle about the town seemingly oblivious of either you or the "Lord Mayor"

You respond to him:
>tell me about this place
>place to sleep/eat?
>important people
>other (specify)
>>
>>46662831
>tell me about this place
>>
>>46662830
woops
sorry mate
>>
>>46662844
Second
>>
File: SI-concept-Wilds01.jpg (192 KB, 704x600) Image search: [Google]
SI-concept-Wilds01.jpg
192 KB, 704x600
>>46662844
>Inventory
Steel bow
Steel arrows
Leather armour
Alchemy set
Lockpicks
>Spells
Summon Skeleton
Fire bolt
Telekinesis
You roll your eyes
>m'Lord....
Sheldon:
>AH yes, my realm you mean?
>well it is not terribly large I must admit and personally I rarely leave the city due to those disgusting creatures about
>what I can tell you is this place is called the Fringe, it is where all these sad souls wind up, looking for entry into the Shivering Isles
>BAH to them I say, better to stay here where we have good food, warm beds, and no terrifying monsters, or TAXES
>in fact I've turned this little corner of madness into my own little liberty loving paradise you see, no Madgods or Kings only Man (and me the Mayor of course)

>some people however don't share my vision, aside from our good and loyal capitalist citizens like the shop/inn owner Dredhwen many people here are cultist types praying endlessly to their false God for entry into the realm of Madness

>in fact I think a number of rather burly knights just left for the gates not to long ago, of course such brutes could never understand the beauty of the free market

you decide to:
>ask more questions (specify)
>look around town
>explore elsewhere (specify)
>follow where the knights have gone
>other
>>
>>46663031
>look around town
Hope more people come. Goodnight.
>>
File: passwall.jpg (185 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
passwall.jpg
185 KB, 640x400
>>46663121
>Inventory
Steel bow
Steel arrows
Leather armour
Alchemy set
Lockpicks
>Spells
Summon Skeleton
Fire bolt
Telekinesis

The town is not much to look at
there are a number of dilapidated buildings about, but only a handful seem to be inhabited
the first thing you notice is the what must be the Inn, as a crude sign hangs over the doorway of the rather large building which forms an arch over the path

beyond that you see that the square has a number of dirty puddles all around it and the stonework seems to be cracked and ancient.

out in the lake you see a few houses in various stages of decomposition as they sink deeper and deeper, though one seems to be in decent shape, on stilts with faint light shining out of the windows.

in the distance you can hear shouting coming from up the hill leading out of town in the opposite direction from where you came in and beyond the lake ruins stand ominously.

a scruffy looking woman bumps into you while you gaze
>b-blessings of the Madgod upon you
she sputters before quickly shuffling into a nearby house

You:
>explore elsewhere (specify)
>visit Inn
>visit house in the lake
>follow woman
>follow the shouts up the hill
>other
>>
File: shutterstock_140523640-984x500.jpg (600 KB, 984x500) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_140523640-984x500.jpg
600 KB, 984x500
Suddenly it begins to rain

You think it best to rest for the night, you have no gold so you curl up in a dry corner and quickly fall asleep
perhaps in the tomorrow you will have more energy to continue
>>
cont?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.