[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who the fuck is your next character? http://www.whothefuckis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 14
File: undead warlock.jpg (65 KB, 1027x494) Image search: [Google]
undead warlock.jpg
65 KB, 1027x494
who the fuck is your next character?
http://www.whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
>>
>>46659065
>MODEST HALF-ELF ROGUE FROM A HABERDASHERY WHO IS BEING HUNTED BY A TERRIBLE MONSTER
Nice
>>
>>46659065
ROMANTIC DRAGONBORN WARLOCK FROM A BUSTLING CITY MARKET WHO SAW THEIR WHOLE FAMILY CONSUMED BY A GELATINOUS CUBE

Harsh...
>>
>>46659065
>CYNICAL HALF-ORC WARLOCK FROM THE CITY POST OFFICE WHO SUFFERS FROM VERTIGO

>SOULLESS HALF-ORC PALADIN FROM THE DEEP WOOD WHO IS THE LAST OF AN ANCIENT BLOODLINE

>PARANOID HALF-ELF ROGUE FROM AN ILLUSORY FOREST WHO NEVER TURNS THE OTHER CHEEK

of these three, i like the half elf rouge
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-22-53-51.png (265 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-22-53-51.png
265 KB, 1080x1920
>>46659065
I'm in, this will be a wild ride
>>
>>46659065
>SOPHISTICATED HUMAN FIGHTER FROM AN ENGINEER'S GUILD WHO HASN'T ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING IN THEIR SHORT LIFE YET
Not bad.

>ABSENT MINDED DWARF FIGHTER FROM AN IMPURE BLOODLINE WHO WANTS TO BE FAMOUS, NO MATTER WHAT
Eh, could be better.

>EAGER HUMAN WARLOCK FROM THE KITCHENS OF THE LOCAL BARRACKS WHO HAS ACCEPTED DEATH AS AN INEVITABILITY
Now this is just conflicting
>>
>>46659065
>miserable Half-elf Monk from a very tiny province who suffers from a recurring nightmare

That could actually be fun.
>>
>>46659065
adventurous Halfling Monk from the vast wastes who always romanticised adventure
>>
> philosophical Dragonborn Paladin from a mid-level cult who just wants their money back

Interesting. I'd play it. Cheers, OP
>>
>>46660311
>conflicting

Is it?

>WHAT, DO YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?

>Every day is precious, we have to make every one count.

>This job is a meatgrinder. But I'll be damned if I don't go down holding the banner. My blood will water the seeds of a brighter tomorrow.

>Oh, sweet, blissful death, my love! I send these gifts now, that they might ease our mutual longings 'till we are united again!
>>
A dwarf warrior that's been cursed to never be able to say no by a scorned lover.

He doesn't like to drink alone so every visit to the bar ends with him on some dumbass adventure.
>>
>Check this shit out, I'm going to be a fucking brave Gnome Wizard from the poor surroundings of the capital city who gets nervous speaking in front of crowds

Perfect
>>
CRUEL BARD FROM A POORLY RUN ORPHANAGE THAT ALWAYS KEEPS HIS PROMISES
I think I've heard this one before
>>
Helpful half elf cleric from the sea of sand who knows seven dangerous secrets.

Are they all sand related?
>>
MOROSE GNOME WIZARD FROM A FORGOTTEN ELVEN MONASTERY WHO BRIBED A NOBLEMAN TO HELP THEM SMUGGLE SLAVES OUT OF A TYRANNICAL KINGDOM

Hmmmm...
>>
Considerate half elf rogue from some sand something that is downright racist about living skeletons.
>>
FLIRTATIOUS HUMAN CLERIC FROM A YOUNG OFFENDERS INSTITUTE WHO GETS EASILY ATTACHED TO PEOPLE
>>
>>46659065
This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this OP
>>
>passive-aggressive Tiefling Warlock from A secret brawler's guild who was born in a different body

They were a warrior who wanted more power, but ended up with demonic corruption in their body?
>>
>>46659065
SPITEFUL ELF WIZARD FROM THE NORTHERN ICELANDS WHO HASN'T ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING IN THEIR SHORT LIFE YET.

That sounds fucking terrible.
>>
>>46659065
>egotistical Dwarf Ranger from a small town tavern who likes to settle arguments with headbutting contests

I would actually play that.
>>
File: Elf 1.jpg (1 MB, 1312x2000) Image search: [Google]
Elf 1.jpg
1 MB, 1312x2000
I'm a level-headed Elf Cleric from the city watch who wants to prove they're no longer that goofy kid.

Adventure ho!
>>
CHEERFUL GNOME ROGUE FROM A LOCAL BREWERY WHO EXAGGERATES EVERYTHING THEY TALK ABOUT
>>
>>46659065
>pretty chill Halfling Cleric from an extremist temple who is in so far over their head that they can't help but laugh

Perfect.
>>
>irritable Halfling Sorcerer from an engineer's guild who was left out of their father's will

FUCK YOU DAD!
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 570x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 570x773
I like it.
>>
>SPITEFUL HALFLING PALADIN FROM A DILAPIDATED MANSION WHO HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM.

Well, looks like I'm playing max payne meets castlevania.
>>
>>46659065
>SENTIMENTAL HALF-ELF ROGUE FROM A CITY IN THE SHIFTING SANDS WHO BELIEVES TREES CAN SPEAK TO THEM AND THEM ALONE

Oh man, I can go all day with this. His rouge contacts are the local trees, he roughs it like robin hood in a forest full of his "allies" which are just inanimate trees. The party thinks he's mad, but DM willing, he'll turn out to be part druid or something and actually be speaking with the trees. That or he ran into an ent in the past and the encounter fucked him up forever.
>>
>ENTERPRISING HALFLING ROGUE FROM A FLOATING SHANTY TOWN WHO HAS NO CONCEPT OF PERSONAL SPACE

I like it.
>>
File: Rapper.png (36 KB, 852x343) Image search: [Google]
Rapper.png
36 KB, 852x343
>>46659065
I'm a gangsta rapper.
>>
>>46659065
>WARM-HEARTED HALF-ORC PALADIN FROM A NOW IMPOVERISHED NOBLE FAMILY WHO HAS TWENTY-SEVEN SIBLINGS TO PROVIDE FOR
>>
>CHEERFUL DWARF MONK FROM THE WAYFERER FOOTHILLS WHO WAS RAISED BY GHOSTS
Clearly, the ancestors have favored me in training my character in the ancient dwarven fist fighting styles.
>NAIVE TIEFLING CLERIC FROM A CITY NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER HEARD OF WHO HATES TO BE TOUCHED
germaphobe, completely opposite of me. Fuck.
>DRIVEN GNOME WARLOCK FROM THE DUSTY MOUNTAINS WHO LIKES TO SETTLE ARGUMENTS WITH HEADBUTTING CONTESTS
Once the Eldritch Headbutts come out, there is no turning back!
>>
>>46659065
>COLD HALFLING BARD FROM A MOVING ISLAND WHO DRUNKENLY SWORE A BLOOD OATH AND FORGOT WHAT FOR

Legitimately might consider rolling this if my current character dies in my campaign
>>
>hypercritical Half-orc Paladin from a disgraced family of knights who can only whisper after an attempted hanging
That actually sounds really cool.
>>
>Quick tempered Elf Wizard from the northern icelands who has never been kissed
Just like in my chinese cartoons.

>Cruel Dragonborn Sorcerer from the guard's guild who doesn't know his own strength
2 edgy 4 me

>Positive Half-elf Druid from the salt flats who is searching for the perfect dish
>Druid
>salt flats
>positive regardless
>to the point he's more concerned about food
>>
File: celena.png (42 KB, 841x467) Image search: [Google]
celena.png
42 KB, 841x467
>>46659065
but this is already the other player's character I can't play it!
>>
>PLAIN-SPEAKING HUMAN ROGUE FROM A FORGOTTEN ELVEN MONASTERY WHO WAS FORCED TO WATCH THEIR FAMILIES EXECUTION

Edgy

>EXCITABLE ELF WIZARD FROM A SLEEPY HARBOUR TOWN WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND SARCASM

>WARM-HEARTED DRAGONBORN BARBARIAN FROM A BROKEN HOME WHO PARTIES HARD, WAY TOO HARD.

These actually seem coherent.
>>
You think your character is cool? My character is a fucking
gruff Gnome Druid from Black Oak who names every piece of their gear

I don't really give a fuck about that guy
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (44 KB, 1001x628) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
44 KB, 1001x628
Let's see what I get...
>>
>>46661584
So...Yes Man?
>>
>>46661991
That sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>46659065
>CHARMING HUMAN FIGHTER FROM THE CITY OF LIGHTS WHO IS A RECOVERING GAMBLING ADDICT
Nice. I could roll with it.
>>
>>46659933

Funnily enough, my party encountered a riot cop dragon using gelatinous cubes in grenade form last year.
>>
>>46659065

>ANXIOUS DWARF SORCERER FROM THE FOREST OF SADNESS WHO HAS A POEM FOR ALL OCCASIONS

I could see that. Been meaning to play someone really fucking emo for ages.

>ASSERTIVE HALF-ORC FIGHTER FROM A POWERFUL TRADING TOWN WHO IS A FORMER BARE KNUCKLE BOXER

I think that's the Bard's cohort.

>INTOLERANT DWARF FIGHTER FROM THE QUALITY CONTROL FOR POTION BREWING ASSOCIATION WHO REFUSES TO ADMIT THEY'RE PAST THEIR PRIME

I like it.

I might just use this as an NPC generator for something wacky one day.
>>
>>46659065
>courageous Halfling Monk from a prison colony who drunkenly swore a blood oath and forgot what for
>halfling
>monk
>blood oath
fug
>>
>>46659065
>You think your character is cool? My character is a fucking disruptive Gnome Fighter from a doomed dwarven fortress who once survived a boiling cauldron

>I've already fucking roleplayed that one

heh
>>
>DRAMATIC HUMAN PALADIN FROM THE SLAVE FIGHTING PITS WHO IS HAUNTED BY THE GHOSTS OF THOSE THEY KILL

Fuck that actually sounds really cool.
>>
>>46663632
That's pretty rad.
>>
>emotional Dwarf Cleric from a desert town hidden inside a sandstorm who has a serious weapons fetish
Meh
>paranoid Halfling Barbarian from the poor surroundings of the capital city who doesn't speak a word of common
Not loving it
>cynical Halfling Cleric from an unchartable island who came out of retirement for this adventure
mine seem to suck but use them if you want.
>>
>>46661370
The paladin wants his money back, or the cult itself. I like both angles but the latter seems more interesting.

They give out loans and when it comes time to repay people try to work off the debt by joining the church but that just pisses them off because they've already got plenty of members and not enough money to pay them.
>>
>YOU THINK YOUR CHARACTER IS COOL? MY CHARACTER IS A FUCKING:

>GENTLE HALFLING RANGER FROM AN ISLAND LONG THOUGHT TO BE UNINHABITED WHO IS THE LAST OF THE KING'S BASTARD CHILDREN

That... Would actually work out... The King has a secret tryst with a halfling woman who then goes on to give birth to his half-halfling bastard. Forced to keep the affair and the child secret, the King moves them to their own uninhabited island where they can live in peace, the child growing up close to nature.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160414-113751.jpg (341 KB, 1437x1198) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160414-113751.jpg
341 KB, 1437x1198
I'm in.
>>
>>46659065
>motivated Half-elf Wizard from the treeless forest who likes to settle arguments with headbutting contests

Putting all the knowledge to use, I see.
>>
>>46659065
So hold on, first I roll for the character, then I roll for the stats? That's fucking stupid, the stats of a person influences what role they decide to pursue.
>>
>reluctant Human Sorcerer from a low ceilinged castle who refuses to bathe

My character is neckbeard incarnate.
>>
File: Famous.png (49 KB, 975x543) Image search: [Google]
Famous.png
49 KB, 975x543
>>46659065
MAGA! This is going to be good!
>>
>crabby Half-orc Barbarian from the royal catacombs who takes great delight in identifying new beetle species
>>
>>46670391
It's called point-buy. Maybe you've heard of it? Allows players more freedom to decide what they want to play? Ringing any bells?
>>
File: bWwOVey.jpg (82 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bWwOVey.jpg
82 KB, 1920x1080
>SENSITIVE TIEFLING MONK FROM A PRISON COLONY WHO IS COMPLETELY COLOUR BLIND

This... I can work with this.
>>
>EGOTISTICAL HUMAN DRUID FROM A PEACEFUL COASTAL TOWN WHO TAKES GREAT DELIGHT IN IDENTIFYING NEW BEETLE SPECIES

>TFW entomologist druid
>>
>>46663632
Damn, I'm jealous
>>
>>46663632
Is he Batman?
>>
>>46659065
YOU THINK YOUR CHARACTER IS COOL? MY CHARACTER IS A FUCKING
RESENTFUL ELF PALADIN FROM A NOTORIOUS DUNGEON WHO CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD
>>
>HOT-HEADED TIEFLING CLERIC FROM A THEATRE COMPANY WHO IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE ADVENTURING BUSINESS TO SETTLE DOWN

I AM TWO GODDAMN WEEKS FROM RETIRING AND I AM ToO OLD FOR THIS SHIT, RIGGS
>>
>TACTLESS HALF-ELF FIGHTER FROM AN ENCHANTED FOREST LOGGING COMPANY WHO IS POSING AS SOMEONE ELSE

There's probably an interesting story here.
>>
CRASS HALF-ORC BARBARIAN FROM AN UNDERGROUND CITY WHO HAS DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

Replace underground city with orc war camp and thats actually the character im currently playing
>>
>OLD-FASHIONED ELF RANGER FROM A CONQUERED CITY WHO IS THE ONLY SURVIVING MEMBER OF THEIR PREVIOUS ADVENTURE PARTY

That's actually pretty grim.
>>
I'M GOING TO BE A FUCKING PLUCKY DWARF BARD FROM BLACK ROCK BEACH WHO LOST MINOR APPENDAGES DUE TO MY GAMBLING ADDICTION
I'M STUBS MCROCKBEARD NICE TO MEET YOU
WHO WANTS TO PLAY A ROUND OF CARDS
>>
>NAIVE ELF WIZARD FROM A SMALL REMOTE VILLAGE WHO IS AFRAID OF HEIGHTS
Daww.
>>
>>46670924
Always prepares feather fall, always.
>>
>>46659065
>hot-headed Halfling Barbarian from a free thinkers commune who has cheated death more times than they deserved
I like it.
>>
>EGOTISTICAL DWARF FIGHTER FROM THE LOCAL TAVERN WHO RAN AFOUL OF THE GOBLIN MOB

That could be fun
>>
>excitable Dwarf Ranger from a doomed dwarven fortress who has gotten away with murder
not to shabby
>agreeable Dragonborn Ranger from a boarding school for the children of middle-class wizards who is really (I MEAN REALLY) afraid of the dark
o-ok
>argumentative Dragonborn Barbarian from the tower of bones who is completely and utterly tone-deaf
pretty good
>>
File: 54.jpg (76 KB, 903x521) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
76 KB, 903x521
Nailed it. It's me and possibly half r9k.
>>
>DETERMINED DWARF BARD FROM THE PIRATE INFESTED ISLES WHO ALWAYS WANTED TO BE AN ARTIST

That's rather neat.
>>
>>46663632
Fuck me, this is good. I'm stealing this.
>>
>>46659065
>Bigoted Halfling Rogue from a nocturnal town who won a duel they were supposed to lose out of sheer luck

So nothing new then?
>>
File: seems legit.jpg (80 KB, 954x617) Image search: [Google]
seems legit.jpg
80 KB, 954x617
I think I got this covered
>>
>>46659065
>COOL-HEADED DWARF RANGER FROM A CAVERN WITHOUT ECHOES WHO HAS AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF CATS
>ANXIOUS DRAGONBORN WIZARD FROM WATERDEEP WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC, EVER
>CRUEL HALFLING BARBARIAN FROM A BUSTLING CITY MARKET WHO HATES WEARING THEIR GLASSES
>>
>>46659065
>dramatic Human Ranger from a small town wizarding school who came out of retirement for this adventure

I could roll with this
>>
>>46673884
>ANXIOUS DRAGONBORN WIZARD FROM WATERDEEP WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC, EVER.

That fireball was created by swamp gas.
>>
>MACHIAVELLIAN DRAGONBORN FIGHTER >FROM A TOWN OF OUTLAWS WHO IS >AFRAID OF SHARP EDGES

Okay... How fucked am I?
>>
>>46673994
Pragmatic sociopathy and a hammer can get you far.
>>
Rolled up another one -

CALLOUS HUMAN DRUID FROM A DESERT TOWN HIDDEN INSIDE A SANDSTORM WHO CAN'T READ

>>46674041
Kay. Gonna try that then.
>>
I'M GOING TO ROLL THE STATS FOR A FUCKING
MOODY DRAGONBORN PALADIN FROM THE ICEBERG SEA WHO HAS A SERIOUS WEAPONS FETISH
THAT SOUNDS FUCKING TERRIBLE
>>
>CONDESCENDING DWARF CLERIC FROM THE DANK HOLLOWS WHO HAS A TWIN THAT CONSTANTLY IMPERSONATES THEM

Dank Hollows eh?
>>
>>46659065
>CONSIDERATE GNOME WIZARD FROM AN AFFLUENT UPBRINGING WHO MOONLIGHTS AS A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR
Interesting. I think I'll run with it.
>>
DRIVEN HUMAN SORCERER FROM A NOCTURNAL TOWN WHO IS ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHED BY JUGGLERS

>If you don't mind my asking, why are you applying here at the Wizards' College? You wouldn't be the first, but it's rare for someone with your gifts to follow the path of scholarly study. Are you sure you won't find it boring?
>One night, when I was six years old, a man came to my village and astounded the townsfolk with a performance: balls flying through the air around his head faster than the eye could see. Later that night when I asked him to teach me, he said "a magician never tells his secrets." It was then that I vowed that I would seek out this knowledge of flying balls, and no force in the universe will keep me from my goal.
>>
>>46659065
argumentative Dwarf Sorcerer from an underground city who has serious body image problems

check yer privilege knife-ear
>>
File: VDlnQ3d.png (316 KB, 641x316) Image search: [Google]
VDlnQ3d.png
316 KB, 641x316
>cheerful Tiefling Druid from an underground city who has anger problems
>>
>ADORABLE HUMAN FIGHTER FROM A STRING OF TERRIBLE PLACES TO LIVE WHO WAS DRAFTED INTO THE ARMY AT FOURTEEN
Fuck this waifubait bullshit.
>>
>>46677044
>implying guys can't be adorable.
>>
PEACEFUL DRAGONBORN PALADIN FROM THE WILDS WHO WAS BORN IN A DIFFERENT BODY

That sounds like it would be hard to roleplay.
>>
>>46660024

>Name: James Dean
>>
>>46677044
And the next one:
>CHARMING HUMAN PALADIN FROM A POORLY RUN ORPHANAGE WHO IS RUNNING FROM A MARRIAGE ARRANGED BY THEIR PARENTS
This thing is kind of garbage.
>>
>>46659065
>spiteful Gnome Monk from a halfway house who hates the monarchy

Viva la republic
>>
>>46677069
>Implying adorable+pitiful isn't the definition of waifubait regardless of the character's gender
>>
Every single character posted in this thread is more interesting than any character I've ever role-played. A random generator and one sentence is doing better than I ever have.

I think I have just leaned a very important lesson in how to create a character concept. A handful of interesting details and background flavor to build off of seems to go a very long way, and I was clearly not casting my net wide enough for interesting details.
>>
>SPITEFUL HALFLING FIGHTER FROM THE DRY LANDS WHO ALWAYS SPEAKS IN THE THIRD PERSON

This generator is fantastic.
>>
>PRETTY CHILL HALF-ELF DRUID FROM THE GRAVE DIGGERS UNION WHO WANTS TO BECOME A FAMOUS SINGER
Grateful Dead confirmed.
>>
FLAMBOYANT HUMAN DRUID FROM AN ISOLATED MONASTERY WHO ACCIDENTALLY TORCHED THE LOCAL TEMPLE AND IS NOW CURSED BY ITS GOD

Clearly "flamer" is more than just an epithet in this setting.
>>
>>46677177
I'd assumed they'd end up grizzled and violent, not pathetic.

Picture a young boy, slightly drunk, trying and failing to grow a beard, with prison tattoos and a prominent scar threatening you with a knife while swearing.
>>
>>46677247
So, Kylo Ren? Doesn't sound particularly adorable to me.
>>
>>46677177
The blurb say dickall about the fighter being pitiful.
>>
>>46677281
>Kylo Ren
>Not particularly adorable

Anyway, I was more thinking Briar Moss.
>>
>WELL-INTENTIONED HUMAN CLERIC FROM A MOVING ISLAND WHO HAS A BAD HABIT OF MAKING 'FUNNY' QUIPS AFTER EVERY KILL
My DM would hate this... Perfect.
>>
Top kek. Some of these are fucking gold.

WELL-INTENTIONED HALFLING DRUID FROM THE DUNGEON INSPECTOR'S GUILD (LOCAL #422) WHO IS IN SO FAR OVER THEIR HEAD THAT THEY CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH

CURIOUS HALF-ORC BARBARIAN FROM LADY MARIGOLD'S DANCE ACADEMY WHO IS SECRETLY FOND OF EMBROIDERY

INTOLERANT GNOME WARLOCK FROM A MINING TOWN WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC, EVER

WARY DWARF PALADIN FROM A STRICT MONASTERY THAT ONLY SLEEPS WITH THE LIGHTS ON
>>
>>46677283
Is there a better word for "triggering protective instincts"?
>>
>>46677550
No clue, but it's irrelevant because the blurb about the fighter only mentioned them being adorable.
>>
>>46677571
Which is irrelevant because Private Baudelaire is clearly waifubait.
>>
>>46659065

>churlish Dragonborn Paladin from a children's workhouse who believes in racial purity

I'm ok with this
>>
File: yes.png (41 KB, 807x469) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
41 KB, 807x469
I love it
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.