[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you guys remember this game? Not the corny-ass board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: mage knight.jpg (9 KB, 338x90) Image search: [Google]
mage knight.jpg
9 KB, 338x90
How many of you guys remember this game?

Not the corny-ass board game but the cool as hell collectible miniatures game?

Any of you still holding on to any figurines?
>>
>>46658781
I still have a decent size collection of 2.0 miniatures.

I remember playing a lot of draconum. Good times, it's shame it didn't sell well.
>>
It's so sad this game isn't played more. I loved the minis in middle school.
>>
>>46658929
I still have all my old solonavi figs. They were just started to become viable when Nexus arrived.

Why did it die out again?
>>
>>46658781
Funny this thread appears tonight. I keep a few on my desk as reminders of my past hobby and beloved collection. I mostly played as Dark Crusaders because I was edgy as a younger person, but Orc Khans were second love.
>>
>>46658999
Lack of Tournament support mainly due to the increasing popularity of HeroClix over MageKnight. But that could be false because I remember hearing something along those lines some time ago.
>>
File: 112239.jpg (7 KB, 270x226) Image search: [Google]
112239.jpg
7 KB, 270x226
>>46659080
Yeah, I liked Orc Khans. They had low attack values but relatively high damage values and were very good at swarm tactics.

And then there was Khan Rava, who was a staple of the competitive scene.

God I miss this game.

:(
>>
>>46659114
Gross, I always hated hero clix.

It never had the depth of MK 2.0.
>>
Any of you guys still have miniatures?
>>
>>46659176
problem was that Hero Clix has characters you most likely knew and had a sense of flavor that you couldn't come across easily with Mage Knights, I've tried devising campaigns and shit with Mage Knight Lore, but I just can't find anything on it that's enough to tell an interesting story.
>>
I have a decent collection of 1.0 figures saved for when my kids get old enough to start playing wargames.

I loved the game, but then again I never participated in any tournaments, where I understand the game REALLY shows its faults. But i loved it nonetheless and bought a bunch of minis off my friends as they were leaving, knowing one day I would use it to teach my kids, and I was unmarried at the time.

2.0 was a shit though.
>>
I have some from the first three or four sets, up through when they did the dungeon-crawling stuff.

I love LOVE the idea of having your whole "stat card" analogue attached to your model. Such a great mechanic. Of course, HeroClix has that, and it works for them too (REALLY well for guys like Hulk).

I kinda wish they'd rerelease a subset of Clix with the original MK lore. The fact that MK and Clix weren't cross compatible was really bothersome to me.
>>
File: 20150902_223728.jpg (616 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20150902_223728.jpg
616 KB, 1280x960
I rediscovered a shoebox full of them last year and got a huge lot on ebay for like 100$.
It is great for my casual friends who won't commit to something like warhammer. There is something to be said for a game with a 15 page rulebook and 4 pages of special abilities that can be taught in a few minutes.
Even if there are some glaring flaws like units with the special rule to move and attack are clearly better than ones that can't.
>>
File: Jolly Ranchers.jpg (12 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
Jolly Ranchers.jpg
12 KB, 267x189
What flavor of jolly ranchers did you enjoy?
>>
>>46660610
Oh, that brings back memories.
>>
File: 128575.jpg (14 KB, 361x400) Image search: [Google]
128575.jpg
14 KB, 361x400
Anyone here have the apocalypse dragon?

I never got a chance to buy one.
>>
>>46658999
>>46659114
They switched to 2.0 and it made a lot of people who had large collections butthurt because all of their money was wasted. Imagine if MtG suddenly invalided all cards made before 2016.

That being said, I have a shitload. Use em for D&D minis.
>>
>>46661241
Have you got any solonavi? Or any Centaur Champions?
>>
>>46661449
One Centaur Champion, and only the cheap, shitty solonavi.
>>
File: 36850735.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
36850735.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
Mage knight dungeons was a cool expansion for it with hex tiles, a tighter ruleset,leveling up heros and somewhat random spawning monsters that was best run by a dm like a dnd dungeon.
>>
>>46661131

Ya, I got the big guy in storage , also have all 4 horsemen
>>
>>46658781
I have about 300 minis.

I usually make an army with them and play with my friends.
>>
>>46658781
I had some as a kid for some reason, even though I never played the game. I remember one called a Utem Crossbowman, another that was this big brass golem with a buzzsaw, and another one that looked like a black fish-man or something. I think it had the word Spawn in its name somewhere. Never used them for anything, but I always thought they looked neat.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.