[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what would a chaos god of boredom be like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Warpstorm_.jpg (246 KB, 900x808) Image search: [Google]
Warpstorm_.jpg
246 KB, 900x808
So what would a chaos god of boredom be like?
>>
>>46654042
>inb4 boring
A god of sloth would mostly likely be fat and digusting to look out, exuding an aura of despair and hopelessness
>>
Not boring. Or a beige cube filled with smaller beige cubes.
>>
>>46654042
They say boredom is a very light version of the disgust emotion* so work from there. Also ennui would play a big part.

*According to this vid. Worth a watch if you're serious about the concept of a boredom god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwd25JV-jnU
>>
>>46654093
But cubes are neat. Bitches love 90 degree angles. Ellipsoids are way more boring.
>>
>>46654042
Wait, that's not who is in charge of Games Workshop now?
>>
>>46654042
We've already got the Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>46654042
It mum
>>
>>46654707
Ur
>>
File: 1338608146412.jpg (91 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1338608146412.jpg
91 KB, 800x450
>>46654042
Technically all chaos gods can represent "boredom" of various kinds.

Khorne might represent boredom of physical kinds - a mundane example of which might be the urge to just "get up and take a walk" or legs that fall "asleep" or something similar. All of these urges to move or do something have some sort of aggression to them, the desire to eliminate one state and bring about a new state of physical achievement.

Tzeentch is obviously mental boredom. Wanting to do something mentally engaging, like a game or puzzle or thought experiment. Little more needs to be said.

Nurgle could be boredom of current conditions. Obviously Nurgle represents persistence and contentment, but that doesn't mean Nurgle represents stagnation. He represents change via decay. So let's say your current life is a 9 to 5 job, terrible commute, your roommates are loud, etc. That kind of boredom is what Nurgle might find an affinity towards, and encourage decay of that lifestyle by, say, getting yourself fired and become homeless but happy. Or alternatively learning to love the awfulness of normalfaggotry by some small perverse pleasure, like embezzlement or secretly photocopying your butt.

Slaanesh would be traditional boredom as in lack of entertainment. "My dick isn't getting sucked, let's go fix that." Etc, etc.

As for Malaal, that might be boredom of religious dogma - if you can call that boredom.

The Emperor might be boredom of chaos, i.e. frustrated that the universe is meaningless and unjust.

Gork and Mork might be the boredom of peace.
>>
>>46654042
it would be like the outsider from dishonored randomly going around empowering people to amuse himself.
>>
File: Fuck yes.jpg (187 KB, 585x700) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yes.jpg
187 KB, 585x700
>>46655017
>>
>>46654042
Probably 4chan.
>>
>>46654085
So... Nurgle?
>>
>>46654042
Powerful. Given how the Administratum is described as a vast and dysfunctional, you have to expect trillions of people all over the Imperium are living through enough mind-numbing tedium at any given moment. This would fuel a Chaos God of Boredom enough to make him as powerful as Khorne.

He would take many forms, by which I mean he would literally be forms: paperwork of infinite length and tedious repetitiousness. His daemons would appear as bored functionaries who drone instructions to you on how to properly fill-out the aforementioned forms; their expressions never wavering from a lifeless flattened affect. His domain in the realm of Chaos would be a labyrinth of identical cubicles, long hallways, and poorly furnished waiting rooms.

The DMV is his temple. Waiting in line is his worship. If he was capable of love, he would love Tax season.
>>
>>46656475
That's theoretically what it looks like. But to get there you have to take an elevator. That's where all knowledge ends because nobody has gotten off it.
>>
>>46656537
>nobody has gotten off it.

No one who hasn't already been driven mad by the muzak.
>>
>>46656564
It's too faint to hear properly. every time you go quiet enough to almost catch the tune of it something beeps or the door jostles and you lose it.
>>
>>46656475
>>46656537
>>46656564
>>46656640
Well, I think we just created Malal's counterpoint.
>>
>>46656640
An old man in a grey suit shares the elevator with you. He doesn't smell bad, not exactly. He doesn't even have that old people smell. He just smells kind of musty, like a closet that hasn't been cleaned out in years.

He responds to every question you ask him with disinterested, noncommittal noises. Every so often he takes a hard candy out of his pocket, slowly unwraps it, and slips it into his mouth.

He never offers you one.
>>
>>46654042
>god of boredom

OP
>>
>>46654042
This thread.
>>
Boredom is way too specific a concept for it to be an interesting one on its own. However, I can see it working fairly well as a subset of Slaanesh.

Basically, our hypothetical Daemon of Slaanesh exudes an aura of apathy and boredom which drives those affected by it to commit increasingly extreme acts in hopes of alleviating their boredom. The feeling never fades, however; it's a curse, intended to drive them to madness. Either they go mad and fall to Chaos or die as their desperate attempts to relieve themselves become more violent or insane. Either way, theDaemon and its Dark Prince are pleased.
>>
>>46656475
I'm picturing this as Crowley's version of hell from Supernatural.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.