[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So one of my players accidentally created a dimension ruled by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 16
File: owl 1.jpg (70 KB, 800x552) Image search: [Google]
owl 1.jpg
70 KB, 800x552
So one of my players accidentally created a dimension ruled by owls. I'm not sure what to do about this.

Game is D&D 5e, plot is that the world is ending. Players are working on saving some bits of the world and kicking the shit out of the god-thing whose egg is the world, so that the world can start again. Druid got his hands on the Seed of Yggdrasil, allowing him to start creating a new plane (important since the existing fey plane and shadow plane are probably gonna get annihilated.)

He made a little pocket dimension full of fog. Added grass, added a pond. Planted some onions and blueberries, etc. Everything going great until he fucked up a couple of rolls while trying to call a dead owl's soul to his plane, resulting in SHITLOADS OF OWLS.

He's given each owl (or breeding pair) a tree, and a domain around the tree. Within their domains, he gave each owl reality control, a lesser version of the power he has over the whole plane. Oh, and a lot of the owls can talk, now.

So: shitloads of talking owls, each with their own magic domain that slowly alters to their whims. Some of the owls worship the druid as a god. One of the owls was killed by the mice it fed upon, resulting in a single domain ruled by talking mice.

Where do I go with this? Any fun owl facts or ideas for owl domains? Owltopia was not part of my plans for this game!
>>
File: Feanor and the silmarils.jpg (51 KB, 700x440) Image search: [Google]
Feanor and the silmarils.jpg
51 KB, 700x440
>>46651746

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: mg4a.jpg (1 MB, 1147x1153) Image search: [Google]
mg4a.jpg
1 MB, 1147x1153
>>46651746
I'm anticipating this ending with mouse guard.
>>
I wonder if this how humans, elves, and others came to be. A god fucked up and gave a bunch of apes too much power. Then he just rolled with it or becomes the ultimate BBEG by deciding he wants to reset his fuck up.

Reference this https://youtube.com/watch?v=2HGR3cQNf2M
>>
>>46651746
Here you go
>>
File: owls.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
owls.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>46652051

"Just rolling with it" is definitely the druid's strong suit.

>GM: "You hear a distant fluttering, growing louder and louder, thousands of muffled wings coming towards you! In the trees all around you appear hundreds, thousands of owls, staring down at you with predatory yellow eyes!"
>Druid: "That's fine."

Motherfucker is the MOST neutral.
>>
File: Owl familiar.gif (2 MB, 392x323) Image search: [Google]
Owl familiar.gif
2 MB, 392x323
This thread needs more owl gifs!
>>
>>46651746
The owls are not what they seem
Watch twin peaks
>>
>>46652702

Ohh, yes. The druid is a twin peaks fan. I'm gonna send this to him before the session, no explanation.
>>
File: OWLS10.jpg (83 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
OWLS10.jpg
83 KB, 1024x768
>>46651746
>I'm not sure what to do about this.

hunt down the King of the Beavers obviously
>>
>>46651746
There's a medieval work called Parliament of Owls, where birds are imagined as having a strict hierarchy managed by owls who are kind of Prime Ministers. Medieval times has this thing for humanizing owls as scholars.
>>
>>46653387

The Parlement of Fowls, by Geoffrey Chaucer is also good
>>
File: 1458062254953.png (370 KB, 502x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458062254953.png
370 KB, 502x1200
>>
File: fullofowls2.jpg (102 KB, 826x278) Image search: [Google]
fullofowls2.jpg
102 KB, 826x278
>>46651746
The Druid-Worshipping God-Owls and the other God-Owls wage a holy war against each other. The normal God-Owls win; the losers are converted or killed as the Owl Plane in its entirety plans to throw off the shackles and take back the artifact that gives the Druid power over them. They assert their dominance over the other dying planes and rapidly spiral out of control, breaching the barriers between planes and beginning a systematic invasion to convert the other planar denizens to their worship, increasing their own power.
>>
>>46651746
Reboot the game in the new world, either with mouseguard style PCs or with tribes of humans called the Clan of the Mouse and the Owl People.

The pond is now a great ocean, the blueberry bushes a dense and mysterious forest.

The original PCs inspire a pantheon of gods or spirits.
>>
Owls are so cute.
>>
>>46653457
>The Parliament of Fowls is also known as The "Parlement of Foules", "Parliament of Foules," "Parlement of Briddes," "Assembly of Fowls" or "Assemble of Foules".
Straight fuck Middle English.
>>
>>46651933
How is the Mouse Guard RPG?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5gYg3adeI
You're now legally obligated to set your campaign in this.
>>
>>46654004
I want this to be a new setting so badly. The blueberries can be basketball-sized, the onions can be underground cities with circular roads cut into them. Everything is like Redwall or something, with small talking animals with their own cultures, religions, and ways of life.

FUND IT.
>>
File: 1374611178777.gif (896 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1374611178777.gif
896 KB, 500x750
>>46653459
p-owl-adin?

Barn owls are my favorite animals, I am glad to see owl discussion. Too bad I run a sci-fi game that is currently sans owl.
>>
>>46654390
>he doesn't know about the Great Bird of the Galaxy
>>
This is relevant to my interests. We need to help OP. OP, I suggest you go with >>46654004. He knows what's up. >>46654335
has some good ideas too. Maybe we need a worldbuilding thread.
>>
File: tumblr_nlsk1bydo31tr0cuno2_1280.jpg (133 KB, 700x755) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlsk1bydo31tr0cuno2_1280.jpg
133 KB, 700x755
>>
Remember the Guide to Troubled Birds? Make the Owls OP enough that not even gods can help their victims.
>>
File: godcanthelpyounow.jpg (87 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
godcanthelpyounow.jpg
87 KB, 600x382
Once played a game that featured a Warlock that was just a bird. Not a Warlock that turned into a bird, not a bird with the mind of a Warlock, but a bird-ass bird mysteriously gifted with Warlock powers who flapped around doing bird things in Warlock fashion.

That was a good bird.

>>46655644
>>
>>46655794
>He may try but he will fail for I am an owl.
>>
Given that the owls control reality and most owls are nocturnal I'm seeing this place being locked in eternal twilight like ravendark,so less blueberries and more mushrooms and other things that thrive in the dark.

Also owls are sexually dimorphic, with the females being much larger than the males, so I'm picturing at least one clump of trees ruled over by a matriarchy of fucking huge ass owl queens.

Lastly owls are natural stealth hunters and I imagine that when you give camouflaged ninja motherfuckers god powers you end up with some weird ass scenery where everything exists in a camo pattern design to better hide the owls against the back drop, so like the trees would probably be patterned like owls and have feathery leave to make actual owls harder to see.

Also the noise would be terrifying, hundreds of hoots and screams and screechs all the fucking time, it would be awful.
>>
File: funny-owls-gif-cute.gif (2 MB, 317x228) Image search: [Google]
funny-owls-gif-cute.gif
2 MB, 317x228
I just realised I probably look like this when I'm driving in order to deal with the blind spot in my car.
>>
File: Owl 1364450942713.gif (2 MB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
Owl 1364450942713.gif
2 MB, 400x223
>>46657536
>>
File: Owl harpy.jpg (99 KB, 516x722) Image search: [Google]
Owl harpy.jpg
99 KB, 516x722
>>
>>46652139

>Yea gimme 3 owls
Here is 10000
>That's ok too
>>
>>46651746
Reveal that there are a few members of an ancient owl-like race, dying off, who intentionally screwed up the Druid's spell in order to populate the plane entirely with owls. Now that there are talking owls everywhere, they're trying to get into the new plane, so they can rule it (or propagate their species).
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.