[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: Ignax and Archaon.jpg (378 KB, 1364x1072) Image search: [Google]
Ignax and Archaon.jpg
378 KB, 1364x1072
>resources
pastebin.com/4Vud1NGT

Beauty and the Beast edition

Ignax the Beauty and Archaon the Beast.

Let's guess, how many kit will survive next wave.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 273x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 273x539
There's not enough silver tower in this thread.
>>
>grand alliance death squatted tomb kings
>grand alliance order squatted bretonnians
>grand alliance destruction is next

Are ogres next?
>>
Old Bread >>46620462
>>
>>46647608
Chaos squatted nothing.
>>
If they fuck up Night Gobs I'll van an employee
>>
>>46647608
They will become SHREKHOLD OGORS

Ogor Ogrelord on Bad Ass
Ogor Ogreseer Fateweaver
Ogor Ogrekill Crushpack
Ogor Ogrerunner Beastmasters
>>
>>46647671
Brick through the window attached to a chain and a scattering of fly agaric.
>>
I really hope the Sylvaneth get an update when they are done with Grand Alliance: Destruction, because as they are right now they are pretty much completely dependant on Sylvaneth Wildwoods to be remotely useful, and good luck with that if you can't bring any yourself for whatever reason.
It is easy to argue you are allowed to bring two if you use the Guardians of the Deepwood battalion, since they are part of it, but if you want to use the Forest Spirit Wargrove, then things just get awkward.
>>
>>46647790
Got a sylvaneth warscroll pdf?
>>
>>46647833
I'm not sure what it is you mean. The models warscrolls are on their page on the GW website. The Guardians of the Deepwood battalion is part of the first AoS book, but it is the same as the one in the Wood Elves PDF. The Forest Spirit Wargrove is in Grand Alliance: Order.
It needs 1 Treelord Ancient, 2 Treelords, 3 Units of Dryads and 1 Branchwraith. It gives you the same ability as the Guardians of the Deepwood, which lets you not set up the models on the table, and have them deploy from a table edge or a Wyldwood in the movement phase, but the second effect gives your wizards the spell "Alarielle's Blessing", which is casting value of 5, 18 inches and heals D3 wounds from any model in the battalion.
>>
File: 1404573198062.jpg (10 KB, 350x334) Image search: [Google]
1404573198062.jpg
10 KB, 350x334
>>46647535

>tfw want to play Age of Sigmar but too much social anxiety to go to a shop and none of your friends want to play it
>>
>>46647608
>>46647654

Beastmen lost all their characters and one chariot.

Ogres will stay but fuck if they wont be bare bones as all hell

Ogres and Orcs will be in the same book, expect to lose anything with a shit old model, almost every named hero, and anything who's role is filled by something else.

E.g: Expect to lose Yhettees, Trappers, Gorgers generic Goblins, wolf chariots, probably the squig units, Grom, etc.

Only spider units and probably Black orcs are ''safe'
>>
>>46647989
Almost every character was removed, it wasn't unique to Beastmen
>>
>>46648009
Yeah i know, I'm not agreeing with >>46647608

He's blowing things way out of proportion, Ogres will stay but probably like 6 units.

I only point out beastmen because they got fucked hardest of all Chaos, every other army kept things like Thanquol, Villitch, Scyla, Skulltaker, etc.

They could have at least kept Ghorros as a hero for the Chaos Monsters section the cunts
>>
>>46647971

Really dude? Too anxious to play toy soldiers with a bunch of nerds? Grow a pair man.
>>
>want to collect tomb kings just in case they come back

Does anyone know this feel
>>
>>46648239
Don't be a cunt
>>
>>46648239
What if the nerds are rude to me?
>>
>>46648344
Well, then you can cry a river of bitch tears, run back home screaming for your mommy, make up a fake story about how they gangraped you that no one with 2 brain cells to rub together would believe and then post it on your tumblr.
>>
some people say this game is ANIME because it has big ass monsters and explosions and shit

like fuck it is

AoS has fluff that is zoomed out, describing communities and locales rather than individuals

What is all shounen EPIC BATTLE anime about? POWER OF FRIENDSHIP stuff. It is ALL ABOUT the smallfolk AOS doesn't go into personal detail about. The Red Ranger or Kamina or whoever might fight to PROTECT THE EARTH but there's always one big tiddy girl or innocent kid who drives him

If AoS was ANIME the Sigmarines would not shut up about their nakamas and tomodachis, Vandus would have an imouto back home and every story would be primarily day to day life building up to the fight

Anime and tv shows for LITERAL PRIMARY SCHOOL KIDS has a more personal touch than AoS
>>
File: 2dd.png (201 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
2dd.png
201 KB, 500x413
>>46648681
>Falling for the ANIIIME XD bait
>Getting this mad

Psst...Anon..memes and real opinions aren't the same thing.
>>
File: why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>46648375
See this is why nobody should play with nerds. This guy is basically raping my soul right now.
>>
File: Champions of the Everchosen.png (2 MB, 1912x412) Image search: [Google]
Champions of the Everchosen.png
2 MB, 1912x412
>>46648681
Sorry, anon, I can't hear you over how ANIIIIMME all of this is.

SA-SAKAQUAAAAAAAAAAK.....desu-
>>
File: Sigmar vs Nagash.jpg (248 KB, 1102x780) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar vs Nagash.jpg
248 KB, 1102x780
Now that Sigmar and Nagash are buddies again.

Will Nagash return the soul of Tarus back to Sigmar? Dude is too noble and righteous of a soul to be tortured by Nagash forever as as his soul-slave.

Azyr wants Tarus back!
>>
>>46648304
Oui :'(
>>
>>46648239
>Occasionallyusefulguy
This is not one of those occasions.
>>
>>46649541
Obviously. Next up is Ogrimmar.
>>
>>46648864
If social anxiety is really that big of a deal for you, I'd suggest looking up a solution to the core of that issue. Panicaway or some other program should work, depends on what you need.
>>
>>46649655
Who are the weird gold paladins
>>
>>46650040
I thought Paladins use hammers in Warcraft too?
I admit I kinda lost interest after Frozen Throne and I don't like MMOs so I genuinely don't know much about the franchise anymore.
Warcraft 2 was tits though. If you play it these days it feels super slow though.
>>
>>46649044
>Now that Sigmar and Nagash are buddies again

Wait, what?
>>
>>46650255
Nagash sent a legion on undead, his personal legion, to aid the Sigmar and his Stormcast.

It seems Nagash has accepted Sigmar's offer.
>>
>>46650326
What did he offer?
>>
>>46650384
Join up with me and we can beat up Archaon.

Also Mannfred
>>
>>46647608
Ogres get mentioned in fluff all the fucking time so most of them are safe
Everything in the Orc start collecting box is safe as well
Probably what'll end up being axed is maybe mangler squigs, all named characters, yhetees maybe man eaters, a lot of the vanilla gobbo stuff, probably snotlings and gnoblars, some kinds of troll, and maybe black orcs since they're being redone
>>
>>46650508
PRAISE BE TO THE OLD 90S BOAR MODELS, FOR THEY SHALL NEVER DIE.
>>
>>46650767
Those are some nice boars desu.
>>46650508
I wonder if goblins will get the tiny terminator like armour the boyz got.
>>
>skaven are part of Chaos
>not part of Destruction

I really dislike the direction they took the Skaven since the End Times.
>>
>>46651294
Skaven have always been Chaos anon. Verminlords have always been demons.
>>
>>46651294
In all of their history as afaction in WHFB the Skaven were called "Chaos mutants".

In fact, the Skaven and Beastmen are called the "True Children of Chaos" because they were literally born from Chaos and dedicated to it from birth.

If you are a Skavenfag, then you have failed utterly.
>>
>>46645997

No, because Archaon is not allowed to lose.
He would beat the Chaos Gods themselves at this point.

He's the ultimate Sue, and the only thing that is 100% certain is any matchup against Archaon results in Archaon winning until non-40k Warhammer is squatted.
>>
>>46648864
Don't let your soul have an orifice.

You were supposed to feel miserable as a kid so your soulskin thickened like a callus.

Seriously, what the fuck is with all the wimps these days? Y'all shitsuckers need the USMC. Three weeks of non-stop orders, hard manual labor in every possible way, and being told at all times you are worse than the worst will make you well-adjusted human beings.
>>
>>46648928
Archaon chose a Skaven? I thought he hated Skaven?
>>
>>46652299
But anon, game stores are full of little kids. They'll laugh at me for playing with toy soldiers as an adult. ;_;
>>
>>46652246
>the writers believe this makes a good character

They deserve what's coming to them.
Archaon will herald their doom as well.
>>
>>46652321
He hates them but he knows that they are useful. He just refuses to accept blessings from their god.
>>
>>46652431
But he hates everything.
That's his only personality trait. Being a Dark Elf. Arrogant as fuck, won't even shrug at anything he doesn't think is worth his time, only knows hate.
>>
>>46651294
Why would Skaven be part of Destruction?
>>
>>46652490
He knows humour as well.
>>
>>46652528
They always cared about just wrecking everything all the time, not serving the chaos gods

At least that's the impression I always got
>>
>>46652528
Well, going by previous Warhammer there are two races to untrustworthy and full of absolute xenophobia that they are unable to form any kind of lasting alliance for more than five minutes.

Skaven and Dark Elves. They teamkill so bad they can begin a battle with anyone as an absolute ally, and two turns later are only barely not attacking the other army.
>>
>>46652553
You don't need to care about serving the Chaos Gods to be Chaos.

>>46652555
But why should they be Destruction rather than Chaos?
>>
>>46652553
the horned rat is a chaos god, minor, but one.

but in the end, the only indication of someone being part of order, death or destruction is for the purpose of alliances.
skaven are more likely to ally with chaotics than orcs.
>>
>>46652583
Because the Chaos faction is composed of the 4 chaos gods, their respective daemons, their respective mortal slaves, and then... skaven? It's weird that the Skaven are working together with the chaos gods and Archaon.

Skaven are chaos in origin but align more with the ideals of Destruction - just wreck shit for the sake of wrecking shit.
>>
>>46652635
>Skaven are chaos in origin but align more with the ideals of Destruction - just wreck shit for the sake of wrecking shit.

Wrong, retard. The Skaven don't wreck shit for the sake of wrecking shit. They seek to conquer and impose their dominion over everything.
>>
>>46652635
>Because the Chaos faction is composed of the 4 chaos gods, their respective daemons, their respective mortal slaves, and then... skaven?

No, it's composed of all Chaotic creatures. Skaven are Chaos mutants who work for daemons and worship a Chaos God.

>Skaven are chaos in origin but align more with the ideals of Destruction - just wreck shit for the sake of wrecking shit.

Not even a little. Skaven always have a scheme. Even then wrecking shit for the purpose of wrecking shit fits into Chaos as well.
>>
>>46652635
>>46652553
>>46651294
>People who claim to like the fluff don't like new fluff because it aligns with the old fluff that they never bothered to read

Oh god, I'm flashing back to the End Times threads.
>>
>>46651294
Besides weapons teams being single units, what does a rat have to complain about..
>>
>>46652635
Wait til we get chaos warriors who worships the horned rat openly
>>
>>46652635
Idk, something could be said about giving some factions two alliance keywords
>>
>>46652958
Skaven aren't very destruction like though.
Khorne fits more than Skaven do.
>>
>>46652796
I don't mind the new fluff, I would just prefer if Skaven were not allying themselves readily with the other 4 chaos gods.

Just whining that it doesn't match my headcanon, really nothing serious.
>>
File: Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg (175 KB, 1134x1689) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg
175 KB, 1134x1689
>>46652796
>>46651640
Fuck off, Skaven were once poorly written 'TOTALLY NOT BEASTMEN GUISE' chaos bitches and then they rose up to become something much greater their own faction that plenty of people preferred to boring as shit spiky norsemen.

No one gave a fuck about Skaven until this change, their best fluff has always been the 'modern' codex, the previous one, and all books based around that time (Grey seer, Temple of the serpent, etc.)

Turning Skryre into Chaos jobbers is the shittest thing they could do.

Thank the Horned rat Pestilens and presumably Moulder resist that shit
>>
>>46653059
Its not their actions but attitude.. Plotting against your allies isnt productive lol
>>
So what's the standard as far as balance goes? I see in the pastebin the warscroll site and stuff, I'm just wondering what people prefer?
>>
File: The vile Skaven.png (1 MB, 787x791) Image search: [Google]
The vile Skaven.png
1 MB, 787x791
>>46653788
>Turning Skryre into Chaos jobbers is the shittest thing they could do.

You fuck off.

Srkyre is no more Chaos jobbers than Pestilens or Moulder.

Both Skryre and Pestilens in the AoS have been contracted by Warriors of Chaos in exchange for payment or power. Pretending that Skryre is somehow Chaos jobbers while Pestilens and the rest of the Skaven Clans are not means that you didn't read the fluff at all. Which is as expected from you.

>Skaven were once poorly written 'TOTALLY NOT BEASTMEN GUISE' chaos bitches

(picture related) from 7th ED.

Like I said, as expected from you retard, you didn't read the lore. The Skaven have always been Chaos mutants/Children of Chaos in WHFB and they are still are in AoS. They were never separated from Chaos.

Now quit being wrong and fuck off from my thread.
>>
File: Beastmen vs Skaven.png (78 KB, 543x171) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen vs Skaven.png
78 KB, 543x171
>>46653793
Chaos factions plot against each other all the time, you miserable wretch.

>>46654044
Continued....

More 7th ED lore for good measure. 7th ED being the last edition the Skaven got an army book.

So I expect you morons to quit saying that Skaven are not Chaos.
>>
File: TK is that you.jpg (40 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
TK is that you.jpg
40 KB, 360x480
so is this anything for TK fans to look forward too? or just pissing in the winds of magic?
>>
>>46654151
Already answered you in the /whfb/ thread.

Maybe
>>
>>46654165
just making sure pure AoS fans are aware too
>>
>>46654262
We are aware of this and we discussed it when the godbeasts book was released.

We are on point here.
>>
>>46654305
oh.. sorry
>>
>>46654151
You think they're still gonna hate vampires? They're all in one faction now so I don't see how that's gonna work.
>>
>>46654529
It's going to work for the same reason it worked in ET.

Because Nagash demands it.
>>
>>46654529
>You think they're still gonna hate vampires?

Why would they?

>They're all in one faction now so I don't see how that's gonna work.

You can't see internal strife in a faction? What about all of Chaos?
>>
>>46654529
if anything the stone polish finish is to make them even more distinct from the vampire undead, and it's possible that Settra's score to settle with Chaos might take priority
>>
>>46652686
Yeah...except their version of conquering and imposing dominion is to wreck it.

Remember how Skaven brought down a fucking moon during End Times? Not even thinking "well, the world is about to be destroyed anyway". They brought it down because one of their own factions was going to do something beneficial for their own society, and they thought "FUCK THAT, nobody can have nice things!"

Skaven are virtually incapable of advancing towards any goal other than destroying something. Even then, they'll get distracted destroying their own.

They're more Orky than Orcs.
>>
>>46652687
>Skaven are Chaos mutants who work for daemons and worship a Chaos God.
But anon, all gods are Chaos Gods.

Therefor everything is Chaos.

But here we are.
>>
>>46653823
There is no good AoS balance. Its even worse than Warhammer ever was.
The best you can do is limit the worst of the cheese.
>>
The problem is when you start questioning why someone isn't Destruction, you end up with the problem with Destruction.

Its the category for everything that isn't Chaos, Death, and Order.

Its the Miscellaneous category. Skaven may be more destructive than any of the destruction races, but they are Chaos creatures and thus belong to the Chaos category.

Ogres are only in Destruction because they don't fit into anywhere else. Same with Orcs and Goblins.
>>
>>46654689
My god. It's like you didn't read anything Skaven in ET.

The whole Skaven scheme in the End Times was to impressive mainstream Chaos in accepting them as either masters or partners, When that failed, they settled for being servants.

The whole moon thing wasn't suppose the whole world, it was suppose just to destroy Lustria, The Skaven overdid it by accident.

Furthermore, it was revealed that the Horned Rat and the Skaven were puppets of the Chaos Gods which they used against the Lizardmen and Dwarfs.
>>
File: Destruction faction.png (196 KB, 604x369) Image search: [Google]
Destruction faction.png
196 KB, 604x369
>>46654752
Detruction faction is for races that seek destruction for destruction sake.

The Skaven don't destroy for just the sake of destroying. Everything they do is for some scheme or grand plan to further themselves and serve their god.
>>
>>46654833
was to impress*
>>
>>46654151
Maybe?

It's possible that this blurb was written before the decision to axe the TK line came in

Have to wait and see I guess

>>46654529
I could actually see them making TK into Order or Destruction based on how much Settra hates Nagash
>>
>>46654044
>That reading comprehension

Oh god goodness these thread attract the dumbest niggers i don't know where to begin.
>>
>>46654947
Scrolls for the old TK faction lists them as Death still so that's unlikely. They have the mummy sub class though
>>
>>46655029
They could rebrand them as something else, neither "Tomb Kings" or "Mummy" have good copyright potential
>>
>>46654983
How about instead of throwing ad homs, you start by saying how Skryre are "Chaos jobbers" and how by your logic Pestilens is not.

If anyone lacking reading comprehension lacking, then it's definitely you.
>>
>>46654833
It was supposed to be a way to harvest Warpstone.
>>
>>46654878
Ogres don't destroy for its own sake, they do so to satisfy their desires. Namely hunger.

Kind of like how the only goal of Fyreslayers is pursuit of Ur-Gold.

Fyreslayers should be Destruction.
>>
>>46655173
Wasn't it something like, one group wanted to harvest warpstone by blowing some shards from the moon, then another faction wanted to drag the moon closer to increase its influence on their magic, then they both enacted they crazy little rat-plans at the same time?
>>
>>46654878
So Tzeentch can't see past Sigmar's wall, can be outmaneuvered by Slann, and can only rarely even manipulate the Destruction faction.

Man, Tzeentch got nerfed to fuck.
>>
>>46655205
Yep, and as a result destroyed most of a third group.

Skaven think they plan, but in the end all they can be is Destruction.
>>
>>46655208
Slaan can't even outmanoeuvre Archaon.
>>
>>46655188
>Ogres don't destroy for its own sake, they do so to satisfy their desires. Namely hunger.

And Orruks war to satisfy their desires, namely violence.

Both Ogors and Orruks rampage across the land with no heed for anything but their destructive desires.

>Kind of like how the only goal of Fyreslayers is pursuit of Ur-Gold.

For religious reasons. They are lawful and very predictable. They rather sell their services for the Ur-Gold. Once an oath is struck, they will follow through no matter what.
>>
>>46655245
Literally nobody can. Archaon isn't allowed to lose to anyone.

If Khorne dueled Archaon, Archaon would win.
>>
>>46655272
>For religious reasons. They are lawful and very predictable. They rather sell their services for the Ur-Gold. Once an oath is struck, they will follow through no matter what.
Yeah, except it says they lust for it and will tear apart their own holds for it. Also, allying with anyone is still unpredictable. Not to mention Ogres are still mercenaries given Maneaters are still a thing.

You can manipulate Orcs too. Malekith did in End Times after all.
>>
>>46655225
Except the Skaven basically won (not totally) and ascended themselves to greatness. Their god went from being a minor puppet god to one of the Great Gods of Chaos.

They are in the second stage of their plan.
>>
>>46655188
>Fyreslayers should be Destruction.
If not the Fyreslayers, then at least the Legion should be Destruction
>>
>>46655306
The Skaven as a race haven't accomplished anything except play puppets to their god.

The Great Horned Rat did quite a lot with his army of mortal slaves though.
>>
>>46655306
Yeah...except it didn't happen because of anything they did. Like, at all.
They only got in because of something they had nothing to do with happening.

In fact, nothing in Age suggests a single plan they've had since End Times has succeeded.
>>
>>46655303
>Yeah, except it says they lust for it and will tear apart their own holds for it.

That' what happen when they succumb to gold frenzy. It's the runefathers job to keep them in line. This rarely happens in most lodges.

In fact, if a lodge fails to complete their job, they will refuse to get paid with the Ur-Gold. They won't take the Ur-gold until their job is done.

> Also, allying with anyone is still unpredictable.

No, it's not. They prefer working with Order but will side with the side with the biggest sack of Ur-gold. Once an alliance is struck, they will never betray you.

>Not to mention Ogres are still mercenaries given Maneaters are still a thing.

Who are notorious backstabbers and cheats.

>You can manipulate Orcs too. Malekith did in End Times after all.

You can manipulate them but you can never predict what they are going to do next.
>>
>>46655353
But GHR didn't have anything to do with Slaanesh being kidnapped thorough.
>>46655405
Humans are notorious backstabbing cheats too, but other than the Chaos ones they all ended up in Order.
>>
>>46655353
Idk they could even be ultimately be helping the seraphon.. Who were babysitting the south, now walking the stars
>>
File: Pest 5.png (3 MB, 1410x964) Image search: [Google]
Pest 5.png
3 MB, 1410x964
>>46655374
>Yeah...except it didn't happen because of anything they did. Like, at all.

The Horned Rat grew in power so much that the Chaos Gods had to invite him to their table. This has nothing to do with Slaanesh disappearance. Don't throw your headcanon around.

>In fact, nothing in Age suggests a single plan they've had since End Times has succeeded.

They blew up Nagash's black pyramid (afarid) in AoS.

Also read BT: Pestalins where the Skaven plans succeed despite the meddling of the Slaan.

More spoonfeeding!
>>
>>46655488
(again)*

God damnit.
>>
>>46654121
Different between rivals of other gods and then doing it to yourself.. Besides im not disagreeing they arent chaos.

Idk two keywords seems better then one
>>
File: Khul and the gang.png (3 MB, 1535x1163) Image search: [Google]
Khul and the gang.png
3 MB, 1535x1163
>>46655245
Nor Khul's axe.

So far he has the first confirmed Slaan kill in AoS.
>>
>>46655273
>Literally nobody can. Archaon isn't allowed to lose to anyone.

Nah.

Malerion managed to defeat Archaon in a battle in the Clandestine wars.
>>
>>46655566
A slann died in one of the little events in the timeline
>>
>>46655751
In which book? It's in the Seras BT right?
>>
>>46655488
>Also read BT: Pestalins where the Skaven plans succeed despite the meddling of the Slaan.

>implying it all wasn't the plan of the slann to defend the gem only for the verminlord to be even more overprotective of it in the future so that it won't be used as a weapon but kept in the verminlord's collection
>killing the skaven around the verminlord would ensure less eyes to report other verminlords about the location of the gem
>>
>>46655823
Probably since the event was about the lizardmen host continuing to fight the nurgle daemons after the death of the slann
>>
>>46655273
Archaon's plan was foiled in Godbeasts.
>>
>>46655908
Partially. He still got Ignax.

The duadrin rune of binding on her butt might prove a problem but it's sad that the experimental rune failed to control big beasts before.
>>
>>46655488
>The Horned Rat grew in power so much that the Chaos Gods had to invite him to their table. This has nothing to do with Slaanesh disappearance. Don't throw your headcanon around.
Yeah, except it only happened when Slaanesh got booted.
>More spoonfeeding!

Citing things isn't spoonfeeding, posting pages is.
You're fairly obsessive about this shit but don't even seem to be aware of the meaning of basic internet culture terminology.
>>
>>46655964
>Partially.

He needed both so it's a total failure.
>>
>>46655636
Did Archaon die? Was his force almost wiped out?
Then he wasn't defeated.
>>
>>46656011
Defeat doesn't mean death.
>>
>>46656071
It does for everyone who Archaon faces.
>>
>>46655995
>Yeah, except it only happened when Slaanesh got booted.

Irrelevant. Slaanesh disappearance was not the thing that caused the Chaos Gods to invite him up.

>Citing things isn't spoonfeeding, posting pages is.

You are a lazy git making absurd ignorant statements that can be proven by opening up any source book.

You are forcing me to spoon-feed you like the child you are. How can you claim that not a single plan of the Skaven succeeded since?

Either you are a complete idiot or you wanted me to feed you.
>>
File: Spoonfeed.png (33 KB, 1136x428) Image search: [Google]
Spoonfeed.png
33 KB, 1136x428
>>46656123
Forgot my picture.
>>
File: The Enemies of Archaon.png (46 KB, 518x851) Image search: [Google]
The Enemies of Archaon.png
46 KB, 518x851
>>46656115
These are the schmucks that Archaon defeated numerous times.

Point out which one of them is dead.
>>
>>46656177
The 2nd one
>>
>>46656190
He is not dead. He is undead.

It was a trick question. None of them are dead!
>>
>>46656123
disproven*
since ET*
>>
>>46656000
Pretty sure that he still going to assault Azyr anyways with Ignax and Argentinian drake. Behemat was the thing that was going to seal the deal on Azyr.
>>
What are the chances that the next faction to get a box/update will be another brand new one that never existed in WHFB?
>>
>>46656553
Like what?
>>
File: GCC.jpg (100 KB, 951x460) Image search: [Google]
GCC.jpg
100 KB, 951x460
Nobody can defend this.
>>
>>46656177
Sigmar ran, Nagash was killed but just can't be perma-killed, he cut Gorkamorka in half.

Archaon cannot be defeated. As long as there is a non-40k Warhammer, Archaon will be the other. 100% certainty he will never be killed or suffer anything resembling a lasting defeat.
>>
>>46656643
Quit fanboying Archaon.

It's creepy.
>>
>>46656613
no, they really cant

then again it doesnt bother me because im not a poorfag
>>
>>46656613
Stupid sexy Khornates.

No homo
>>
>>46656613
>Pretty cool looking models
>Tough to justify price

They're toys, and no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If you feel that 30 bucks is a fair price for a collectable statue, then cool. If not, then just don't buy it. I've seen folks drop hundreds on poorly made collector's edition statuettes, only difference here is one has a use beyond being a glorified bookend.
>>
>>46656643
>Archaon defeats Sigmar
>All nine realms belong to Chaos
>Archaon ascends to Daemonhood
>Suddenly "Greetings Diederick Kastner"
>It's Be'Lakor
>Archaon is Be'Lakor's bitch for the rest of eternity
>>
>>46656811
BE'LAKOR PLANNED THE AGE OF SIGMAR.
>>
>>46656811
If use of Archaon's true name enslaves him, why does he stand any chance whatsoever against any of the beings from the old setting or any Lizarmen?
>>
>>46656578
anime school children that fight with magic
>>
>>46656958
Truenames only work on daemons. He has to ascend first.
>>
>>46656958
If Archaon ascends to daemonhood, then any being who knows his true name can potentially bind him and/or control him.

It's one of the laws of daemonkind and the reason why daemons hide their true names.
>>
>>46656958
>why does he stand any chance whatsoever against any of the beings from the old setting or any Lizarmen?

Few know Archaon's true name. Perhaps only Sigmar himself.

Besides the name has no power over him while he is still a mortal.
>>
Got a few questions for anyone who wants to answer

-Just bought an Empire Battalion. What should I add to it? I was thinking an empire general, a unit of state troops (x20 spearmen), and possibly a unit of greatswords.

-What would be a good army for me to play against as practice? I was thinking about buying an Orc & Goblins battalion for this along with a commander.

thanks
>>
So I just started looking into AoS, does Slaanesh not exist or something? No new models and seems to be left out of all the chaos artwork I've seen.
>>
>>46657170
Slaanesh has vanished because of one of Tzeentch's plots.

>seems to be left out of all the chaos artwork I've seen

Look harder famalam.
>>
>>46657170
>does Slaanesh not exist or something?

Yes, but he is missing. The Slaaneshi warbands are separate into three groups. The ones who look for Slaanesh, those who seek to replace him, and the dudes who don't give a damn and just want to party.

Slaaneshi characters have appeared in the artwork in a few books.
>>
>>46657110
>Besides the name has no power over him while he is still a mortal.

IIRC, The daemon oracle hints that it might have the power to guide him back to the light.
>>
>>46657170
There's art and lore, just much less.

Chances are one of two things are happening: GW wants to axe the multi-titted hermo demons to make AoS more friendly, or... they're building up to do a major release. The former is more likely, but either could happen.
>>
>>46657170
Slaanesh has been kidnapped by Tyrion and Malerion. We don't know what happened to him/her/it.

Slaanesh's armies are either trying to find him/her/it, replace it with one of the Ur-slaanesh, or just want to rape and pillage.
>>
File: Swigmar vs Lust.png (2 MB, 998x1280) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar vs Lust.png
2 MB, 998x1280
>>46657291
The latter is more likely.
>>
>>46657323
I know a lot of people are against '40k analogues in AoS' kinda stuff, but I'd really love to see some Noise Knights
>>
>>46657608
Lots of Horns, wardrums, gongs and wind instruments
>>
>>46657134
Those are some solid units to add to the Army in my opinion, and as for a second army to practice against, I suppose anything will work really. The battalion boxes aren't really balanced against each other (the Start Collecting boxes aren't bad, but the old Battalion boxes would probably get weird results), so you will need to fiddle what models you use around a bit for it to be fair.
>>
>>46657290
When he's a daemon.
>>
>>46657713
Righteous axes.
>>
>>46652299

This.
>>
>>46652937

Already in the fluff.
>>
>>46655405
>when they succumb to gold frenzy
...other lodges will form alliance to destroy the crazed one. It was because the crazed fyreslayers pillage other lodge for ur-gold.
>>
>>46656613
I make $200 an hour. What's your problem?
>>
>>46647586
/Skaven/
http://www.wqchronicles.com/skaven.pdf
>>
>>46658715
Ment models lol
>>
Where can I buy pre painted terrain? What's the best?
>>
>>46660894
Battlefield in a Box seems like a quick fix.

The cheapest option is making do with old aquarium decorations. Try to nab some secondhand. If someone is trying to clear out clutter, you might find a few pieces for free. Try a dollar store for small craggy pieces and bits of that look like eroded stone to break up open spaces on a table.

Most aquarium pieces convert nicely with a new paintjob and some balsa wood. Not relevant if you're only looking to furnish a table as quick as possible, but good to keep in mind.

Avoid buying new - that shit is priced for king triton in my local pet shops.
>>
What do you guys think of this for an eventual first game with a new gaming group? Is it too spammy? 100 pt SCGT - GA: Death
Ghoul king - 6
Necromancer - 4
Varghulf / summon - 9
Wight King / infernal standard - 3
Cairn Wraith / summon - 3
Cairn Wraith - 2
Crypt Ghouls / summon - 7,5
Crypt Horrors / summon - 12
Hexwraiths - 7
Terrorgheist - 17
Formation - Charnel Pit Carrion - 8
Total - 99,5
>>
>>46663119
>Cairn Wraith / summon - 3

Is that necessary? You have too many in summoning pool, average game last for 5 turn and you have 2 wizard, so 10 spells in total. Consider that, 1/6 chance to fail, and enemy unbind your spell, you will never able to bring all unit on battlefield.

Futhermore, Mythic Shield is essential to Cairn Wraith. I would drop 1or2 units for necromancer.
>>
>>46663734
Well, the extra cost is to resummon them if they die, everything starts on the table. But perhaps one with summon is enough, drop the others for a vamp or necro.
>>
>>46660664
I make like..3
>>
>>46656869
SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>46656613
That feel when I make 300 euro per appointment and all I do is point an x-ray at your leg.
>>
>>46666384
Just because you make a fair amount of money doesn't excuse such shit prices. Like paying $200 for a plain white T-shirt, just because you can doesn't make you not a dipshit for doing it.
>>
Damn Godbeast must be an astounding success, it pushed GW's share price further down to 456, which is a 4-years low. We back to 2012 boys

AoS might be the thing that actually kills GW
>>
>>46667057
They're bringing back a bunch of the squatted models just to cash in on Fantasyfags.
I'd bet money its a desperate stab at raising the stock price temporarily so Kirby can cash out while he's still only moderately behind.
>>
>>46667057
Why would anyone buy a book specifically to use models nobody ever bought to use as those models? Forgeworld Warhammer was just proxy bait.
>>
You do realise that current sales have almost nothing to do with the stock price. The U.K. Retail sector as a whole is tanking. GW as a seller of luxury products (as in not necessary for life) is seen by investors to be especially vulnerable.
>>
>>46667872
GW is an international company, and the US economic growth ought to do more. Meaning they're REALLY fucking up.
>>
>>46667894
>GW is an international company, and the US economic growth ought to do more. Meaning they're REALLY fucking up.
That doesn't make any sense at all. Like, absolutely none.
>>
Us retail sector is also doing badly. It was considerably below expectations last month. It is stuff like this that causes investors to panic and offload stock. Seriously stock prices regularly have nothing to do with current sales and everything to do with sales predictions of the sector as a whole.
>>
"We aren't sinking, we aren't sinking!"
>>
File: 1406301408050.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1406301408050.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
"Why aren't our vapid Space Marine clones selling in record numbers like their 40k counterparts?! HELP!"
>>
File: Ork.jpg (18 KB, 310x300) Image search: [Google]
Ork.jpg
18 KB, 310x300
How many models do you actually need to play the smallest AoS matches?
Would one of the start packs offered at GW's website be enough?
>>
>>46668872

Only one $140 dragon and you are set m8
>>
>>46668872
A couple units of 5-10 models each and a hero. The starter packs are fine
>>
>>46668872
Yeah just one is fine, maybe buy a single hero to go with it, that's enough to play a skirmish game with a friend and experience some formation bonuses

All the start collecting boxes are a good deal it's hard to go wrong
>>
File: Age-of-Sigmar-Alt.png (605 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Age-of-Sigmar-Alt.png
605 KB, 1136x640
>>46668264
you forgot your pic
>>
>>46669045
The skywalker ranch has a tiny yoda set in a bed of flowers.

Only GW would put up a giant golden masturbatory monstrosity like this before they even know anybody is gonna give a shit about the game.

Kind of speaks volumes about how far removed from reality they can be sometimes.
>>
>>46669229
>tiny yoda in a bed of flowers
reminds me of a blurb I read about Jurassic world, the garden areas have a little Hammond budda statue hidden somewhere
>>
File: 1397309462544.png (660 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1397309462544.png
660 KB, 1024x1024
>>46669229

I hear you, but I feel like it was one half celebratory and one half marketing stunt.
>>
>>46669388
it was all marketing, trying to sell how confident they were in this thing, remember this was under Kirby, Kirby dont care
>>
>>46651606
So were Avatars of Khaine,yet eldar are not chaos
>>
https://youtu.be/TWyudFgiGmw

I really like this guy.
>>
File: FailChaon.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
FailChaon.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
Best AoS army list ?
Are Everchosen good ?
>>
>>46669839

Yeah Vince is a good dooby. Puts out a lot of good content.
>>
>>46669045
>>46669229
If it makes you feel better anons, GW forgot to varnish the statue and now it looks like complete shit. I'll see if I can snap a pic next time I'm there.
>>
>>46670548
>GW forgot to varnish the statue and now it looks like complete shit

a money saving measure no doubt ayyy
>>
>>46670088
>Best AoS army list ?
Depend on the comp and battleplan, but I would say "best" list do not exist in AoS

>Are Everchosen good ?
He is good, powerful but still killable. Unlike Nagash and bastiladon that duck inside cover, most player bring Archaon, will put him into frontline to lead the charge.
>>
>>46670548
I just want them to put the marine and aquila back out there. Those things were iconic, even if it made WHW look like a nazi building.
>>
Looking for a replacement since SDK is no longer being supported.

Has anyone tried using KDV?
>>
>>46670641
>Summoning (version 1): You can summon any unit following the normal rules (you don't
need to already have the same unit in your initial army to summon it), however as soon
as you summon a unit you give 100% of its point cost to your enemy, if the summoned
models get killed you give 100% of their point cost to your enemy (again!). Every unit
that is added to your army in any mean is a summoned unit. If a spell or ability does not
specify the exact number of models in the summoned unit summon the minimun unit
size
>5- Summoning (version 2): You cannot summon any model.

It's shit

Using any unit that auto generates units like skeletons just gives your opponent points every turn
>>
>>46668872
Smallest AoS machtes? Any box of 10 or more guys. Since you can elect any model as your general you could make your unit's champion it.
>>
>>46670984

Who is 'we'
>>
>>46671033
"We" is the many men who could be your father.
>>
>>46671175

Using the term men for manchildren who get excited by little plastic dolls is a bit of a stretch.
>>
Whats the best comp system and why is it SCGT
>>
>>46671654
I love the throne of skull way to play. Its incredibly easy and fun. Both elites, balanced and hordes armies are viable. And it all comes down to model count.
>>
File: AA9EqMc.jpg (165 KB, 1433x1080) Image search: [Google]
AA9EqMc.jpg
165 KB, 1433x1080
>>46671909
This one?

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/ToS-Clash-of-Empires-Battleplan.pdf
>>
>>46672649
This would be better if they expanded it past 30 models. That feels like a really low number.
>>
File: just right.jpg (135 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
just right.jpg
135 KB, 1280x1080
>>46648928
>>
>>46670548
>I'll see if I can snap a pic next time I'm there.
pls do
>>
>>46672649
that one. 30 models is a number too small, but nothing stops you to expanding it. Works great for casual games, even tho i still prefer battleplans for friendly matches.
>>
Someone said they were going to convert the new epubs to PDF. That still a thing?
>>
>>46669717
Avatars are Warp creatures, not daemons. Don't mistake rules for fluff. GE won't invent a new rule term for the avatar.

Verminlords are daemons from Chaos itself as in the force of destruction and corruption
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What do you guys think of this? Any good way to chaosify the head?
>>
So a Destruction-no summoning list took 1st place at Scgt amongst all the hard as nail lists. Anyone have any idea how it works? Is spamming mortal wounds from the Spider formation really that good?

Also list discussion go?
http://baddice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/scgt16-army-lists-v1.0.pdf
>>
>>46677246
Destruction is allowed to use 110 points instead of 100 because they can't summon
>>
>>46676472
Not really, no. The Phoenix motif is High Elf in Fantasy, Tzeentch's bird theme doesn't really manifest at all in human servants.

I mean you can call him a Chaos Elf, but until Thorpe dies canon will contradict you.
>>
dead thread
>>
What would make a good Slanneshi Seeker host?
I already have:
A lord on a daemonic mount,
About 15 hellstriders,
10 chaos knights,
10 mounted marauders,
one gorebeast chariot,
two normal chaos chariots.

I think I have a decent force as is, but I'm definitely looking to continue on my quest to glory the Dark Prince.
>>
>>46682706
>mount

All mounted warband?

I think that, mounted sorcerer with mounted daemonette to fit your theme.
>>
>>46676472
>Battlefield in a Box
Use a dark elf head. Black guard or one of the masks of the sisters of slaughter should do the trick. Otherwise try a kabalite head.

Just don't use this head cuz it doesn't fit the style of the model at all. All the other stuff is hard edged and spiky. The phoenix guard head is all round and smooth.
>>
>>46676472
you can shave down the sides of a chaos warrior head to fit the thiness of the body, but your helm should match your shield in some way or the shield may stand out
>>
>>46676472
a skull with hair
>>
>>46677246
Yeah mortal wounds spamming. Lists with three thundertusks did generally alright too - 6 mortal woulds on a 2+ is filthy...
>>
>>46684194
That's the idea at least.
Name of the warband is the Procession of Blades, they're kind of twisted knight errants.
I really want to get the point across that they are insanely devoted to finding their lost god.
>>
>>46679924
>but until Thorpe dies canon will contradict you.

Chaos Elves have appeared in the fluff before. One of Archaon's allies was a Slaaneshi Elf Corsair.
>>
Opinions on this list?

Gorebeast chariots are my favourite model, so I wanted to build a list around them.

Lord on Daemonic Mount
Bloab Rotspawned
Bloodstoker
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot
Gorebeast Chariot - Mark of Khorne x2
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

Aiming at bringing it to 100 SCGT points, but that's the core I want.
>>
>>46686795
Probably want a Soul Grinder too. Might want a Lord of Change too, not 100% sure where to go from here though. The Brass Stampede formation looks pretty strong but it's a bit slow.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>46686664
>>46686653
Thanks for the input - now another question - do you think tzeetch warriors will look better with pic related, or green/blue chromatic like Alpha Legion?
>>
>>46687865
I really like temple guard blue (though Im biased because I play seraphon)

Try both on some test models and see which one you like more
>>
>>46688115
I got a couple of the 2-piece warriors, I'll try it out on them and post results later.
>>
>>46676472
Jesus, what did you do to your thumb anon?
>>
>>46688269
I gnaw on it periodically.
>>
>>46687865
This Crimson Fists scheme looks really fucking shitty on Chaos Warriors. That's probably the worst one I have seen on official models ever.
>>
>>46688429

Secretly a Skaven.
>>
>>46688933

Its very lame that they slap on a colour associated with a chaos god and call them 'tzeentch' warriors in this case.

They should release an upgrade sprue for the warriors, with heads, shields, and weapons more closely linked to whatever god.
>>
>>46689254
That would be awesome . Could work for anything as well and not just the warriors.

The models are what keep me playing fantasy over 40k. Though I have to say that it's a shame you can't have alternate models for some things - there are some great competitors :(
>>
>>46656613
meh still going to buy them.
>>
>>46689928
Good Goyim
>>
File: burns cant wake up.jpg (23 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
burns cant wake up.jpg
23 KB, 600x363
>astrolith bearer STILL sold out
>>
File: sku800011_FangsofGhur01.jpg (117 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
sku800011_FangsofGhur01.jpg
117 KB, 600x620
Latest web bundle without discount, oh...wait? GW advertising with 3rd party tournament? Will new CEO survive the shitstorm form board?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Fangs-of-Ghur

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Blades-of-Azyr

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/An-Alliance-of-Plague

The Mortal wounds spamming list, ROFL...
>>
File: 1447455956240.jpg (234 KB, 800x1163) Image search: [Google]
1447455956240.jpg
234 KB, 800x1163
>>46690466

>GW selling WAAC AoS armies on their webstore
>>
So, every now and then I show up and ask how it is going for Slaanesh. Any news? If no, any idea when we can expect some news?
>>
>>46690466
I had such high hopes for them ...

Although - the mortal wounds spamming is the fault of SCGT comp pricing :P.

Welp.
>>
>>46690466
That is actually a neat idea. I mean, it makes me uncomfortable because of the WAAC crowd, but it's neat.

If they do it for 40k it will be pretty hilarious though.
>>
>>46690535
Either slaanesh will be squatted bc 2 much boobs or they'll relaunch with shiny new models. I really hope they redo the greater demons at some stage desu, they are outdated. New Slaanesh models would make me happy too, I hate the new Daemonettes (new steeds are great tho).
>>
>>46690823
>I hate the new Daemonettes (new steeds are great tho).
Indeed. Fuck them.

>Either slaanesh will be squatted bc 2 much boobs or they'll relaunch with shiny new models
That is pretty much what I've been fearing then. Oh well, it is what it is I guess...
>>
>>46654947
Because Settra is definitely gonna come back.
>>
>>46690858
>>46690823
If they were going to squat Slaanesh, they would of done it when they put together Grand Alliance: Chaos
>>
>>46690858
I think GW has always had issues w/ female models because they can't be too sexy or too manly or too tropey. I really doubt Slaanesh will be squatted as he/she's such an integral part of the lore. What I hope is that they are going to do a huge daemon redesign with some cool new models that satisfy everyone. The LoC and the KoS really need updated, the models are outdated as hell, and the Daemonettes and maybe Horrors too.

That or I'll have to spend $600 on ebay to get enough Daemonettes to be useful. No thanks...
>>
>>46690944
Yeah that's a good point. I'm hopeful for a redesign but it could be that they fail at a redesign and admit they can't make non booby/sexy slaanesh. I love the design of the steeds and the fiends of slaanesh, so they CAN do it...
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
>>46689254
I was thinking of using maybe some of these as warrior heads tho. And some maxmini steel crow heads for marauders - if I end up using them.
>>
>>46657170
My hope is that they are going to do another round of release as they have seen interest but lack of sales one a common complaint is about how ugly the daemonetts are and unfitting to their lore so it is likely they want to repack the miniatures, and maybe (hopefully) re-sculpt the heads as torso. Everything else looks good...just the heads and torso. Maybe get someone of Juan Diaz's ability and tell them to do something PG 13.
>>
>>46691119
damn those look good! maybe might suit better for sigmarines, but i bet they could make good tzeentch heads
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 441x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 441x315
>>46691441
These are the steel crow tribe heads, maybe more fitting for marauders? Armed with crowbills of course.
>>
>>46691486
Yeah I can definitely see the tzeentch marauders in that. The one on the far left is my favourite
>>
>>46691370
It's a shame recasters don't do the Juan Diaz Daemonettes of yesteryear, I'd pay for them...Though recasting as a whole is sort of becoming less widespread anyway
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.