[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primarch series begin soon, my fellow anons. You hyped? You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 13-04-primarchs-page.jpg (306 KB, 958x822) Image search: [Google]
13-04-primarchs-page.jpg
306 KB, 958x822
Primarch series begin soon, my fellow anons.

You hyped? You going to buy the limited edition? I certainly will!
>>
>>46647122
That's nice.

I hope you get a great deal of enjoyment from it.
>>
>>46647122
Meh. I'll wait a bit, till there is any review

Somewhat related, don't write like that you sound like a forced a advertisment, foremost thr last paragraph.
>>
>>46647148
>Meh. I'll wait a bit, till there is any review

But you will miss your chance to buy the limited edition. You'll have to wait a period between 6 months to two years for an ordinary paperback and digital release.
>>
I'm out of the loop. Are these just the horus heresy series sold as a pack like an omnibus?
>>
>>46647190
That's okay. I've still got the Ahriman series and The Beast Arises to get through, both of which are considered quite good. I'm sure some other stuff will come out in the meantime.
>>
>>46647243
No, they're new, individual stories about a specific primarch detailing some important event in their life before the Heresy.
>>
>>46647243
No, they're 18 new novels each is dedicated to one of the Primarchs. They will be released in the coming 4 years.
>>
>>46647295

Read the OP picture
>>
>Angron's story might be about his days as a leader of a slave rebellion

That's something to look forward to.
>>
>>46647122
I hope you'll like it. I might get my favs if they won't be shallow, or if they are written by one of my more liked writers.
>>
>>46647246
>Beast Arises
>good

r u 'avin a giggle m8
>>
I have about 20 of the HH books in first edition, and most of the signed early Limited Editions, like Promethean Sun and Aurelian. I even have the ultra-rare Dark King/Lightning Tower chapbook.

I gave in after they made the regular books larger and doubled the price though. Might sell it all on.
>>
I've been considering checking out some of the HH/40k fiction. Hearing stuff like this makes me think it's just farmed out shit but people really into the hobby insist that there's a lot of good stuff.
>>
>HH series is a stream of shit fucking up the characterisation of basically everyone
>let's buy the limited edition primarch series!

I guess we needed fodder for another few years of "why was the emprah/primarch X so autistic?" threads.
>>
>>46647507
You can hear a lot of the short stories in audiobook form on youtube, that's a decent way to get a taste without things getting too heavy.

The last church is considered one of the best, but it's pretty edgy as far as atheism vs religion debates and massacre go.
>>
>>46647507
If you want to read some good 40k fiction, give Black Library the middle finger and go read 2000AD and Dune instead.
>>
>>46647556
>Dune
>Sci fi space setting
>with no aliens

What's the point?
>>
>>46647556
I should actually read some good independent (universe lore wise) sci-fi, too. I may just grab some things that feature IG since that's the army I started to build.
>>
>>46647427
Not at all. I certainly prefer it over old shit like the Ultramarine series.

>>46647469
I switched to the Trade Paperbacks because I wanted the editorial updates. I'm still pissed that they only did the first three books.

>>46647507
There's good and bad. It's immensely important to know the authors, as a subject you love or hate could be drastically changed by who writes it. Abnett, ADB, Haley, Wraight, and French are all good, though Abnett's not been doing so hot lately. Avoid Kyme.
>>
>>46647547
Last Church is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>46647547
Nah, the Last Church was a solid story, but I sure wouldn't go and claim it's the best.

It does do a good job of highlighting the hypocrisy of the Emperor, though, and his refusal to acknowledge his own divinity, which really plays into the Greek Tragedy aspect of the 40K universe.
>>
>>46647598
>I wanted the editorial updates

What are those?
>>
>>46647649
At this point I don't want McNeil touching a major character ever again. He's fucked up Magnus, Perturabo, Horus, and the Emperor. Though his Fulgrim is decent . More than any other author, his interpretations do the most towards making the Primarchs one-dimensional.
>>
>>46647122
What are they gonna cost?
>>
>More marines things.

Meh.
>>
Which heresy books and stories has the emperor appeared in so far? For more than just a couple of lines.
>>
>>46647687
Standardizing the legion sizes, correcting dates, bringing in information that was written in the FW books. They're only in the hardcover versions of the pre-Angal Exterminatus books and the TPB versions of the first three books. I wish there was a full list of the changes.
>>
>>46647726
Deliverance Lost probably has the longest continuous appearance of the Emperor.
>>
>>46647122
.....for what purpose?
>>
>>46647574
I don't know if you're serious or not
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.