[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am supposed to DM this and I'm fucking confused regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lmop.jpg (65 KB, 506x303) Image search: [Google]
lmop.jpg
65 KB, 506x303
So I am supposed to DM this and I'm fucking confused regarding how main chunks of the adventure are at all connected. At first you smas a goblin raiding camp, then you go to town and get involved with messing up some local hooligans and at the end you drop into some mine where BBEG is looking for some anvil of badassery?

Anyone cares to summarize the connection between these events for me?

Thanks
>>
>>46646413
There is none. Welcome to a sizeable portion of D&D modules.
>>
>>46646413
Did you ACTUALLY read the fucking thing at all? Because I can tell you didn't.

Everything you name is directly connected via the missing dwarves and the black spider, now if you were complaining about how the main quest feels like it should be time sensitive and the sidequests don't make any fucking sense to actually do given that sense or urgency you'd have a point, but instead you decided to complain about something very fucking clearly explained.
>>
>>46646497
OP here.

I was like ... what ... But this seems to be the case.
>>
What I want to know is where the Phoenix Gauntlet comes into play.
>>
>>46646525
Would you mind explaining like this:
A goblins are selling stuff to ruffians in phandalin
B ruffians are ... ?
>>
>>46646555
Wow, you really didn't read the adventure at all did you?

Ok, I'll give you a rough breakdown from just off the top of my head:
PCs are going to Phandailin at the request of Gundren Rocksmith (or whatever his name was, the dwarf looking for the mine)
PCs encounter what is clearly the dwarf's cart rekt by gobbos.
PCs fight ambush and track gobbos back to their cave.
Fight shit in cave, rescue Sildar, dude traveling with aforementioned dwarf.
Go to town, shit sucks in town, Sildar suggests making shit suck less while he figures out what to do about finding the dwarf or something.
PCs can do some shit around town, Redbrand Ruffians fuck with PCs.
PCs fuck the Ruffians up, should find clues Glasstaff was working for Black Spider and (IIRC) Gundren is at some place called Cragmaw Castle.
Bunch of different ways for PCs to find Cragmaw, they're also somehow expected to just fuck around some more doing more sidequests (Wyvern Tor, Thundertree, ect) despite a supposed friend's life being in danger.
Go to Cragmaw Castle, save Gundren, find more shit about Spider.
Gundren knows where mine is, PCs go there to gank Black Spider and clear mines, find Gundren's dead brother.
Clear mines, save Gundren's brother. XP and treasure for all.

Pretty sure that's the entire adventure going from memory.
>>
>>46646621
>Clear mines, save Gundren's brother. XP and treasure for all.
Er, Gundren's other brother. There were two.
>>
>>46646621
Very nice summary. How would you eplain this thing from BBEG's viewpoint?

How are goblins and Rebrands connected to BBEG?
>>
>>46646819
>How would you eplain this thing from BBEG's viewpoint?
He's looking for the magic forge in the mine, the Dwarves know where it is and IIRC how it works, so he wants to know what they know. He also knows the PCs are working for said dwarfs, and that PCs gonna PC so he needs them troublemakers dead.
>How are goblins and Rebrands connected to BBEG?
They work for him.
>>
>>46646819
BBEG is using the goblins/redbrands to capture the dwarf and his associates (including the PCs), and just generally tries to take over Phandalin and the territory around it.

He doesn't really care about them, but they are useful for his plans.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what he is giving them in exchange for their services. I think he may have given Iarno the glass staff, but even that's conjecture. Probably just promises of making everyone rich and strong from the mine.
>>
Hah thanks man. I'll really need to re-read the module.

It'll be much easier with this orientation.
>>
>>46646865
>re-read
Don't pretend you even read it a first time. We can tell.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.