[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's pretend that WotC didn't spend the last 20 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 32
File: RsjbhOm.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
RsjbhOm.png
52 KB, 250x250
Let's pretend that WotC didn't spend the last 20 years pushing degenerate multi-chromatic promiscuity:

What color would you have remained loyal to?
>>
Blue is the only acceptable answer.
>>
>>46640790
Black.
>>
>>46640790
Black 4 Life.

Literally. Pay 4 life. Right the fuck now. Or I'll Doomblade your fucking children.
>>
>>46640790
WHITE POWER
>>
>>46640790
always had a soft spot for green. does that make me a dumb idiot
>>
>>46640790
I'd be married to Green, but I'd be two-timing her with Blue.
>>
>>46640790
>which color would you play 20y ago in magic
Blue wins always.
>>
>>46640790
Unmask, Unmask, Rit, Necro, pay ten life. Go.
>>
>>46640790
Always have loved and always will love red. That burst damage isn't something that you can find in any other colour.

Once you've mastered one colour, you can turn to the others for different styles, using your best as a "go to".
>>
Green because I like the fatties.
>>
>>46640790
the color of dick
>>
Red, I always loved trying meme decks with it, defenders was my favorite
>>
>>46640878
Nah it means you my nigga. Green's got the best critters, the best bitches, the best spells, it's just the bomb diggity. Life gain? Sure. Cheating permanents in? Sure. Card draw? Yeah son. You fuckin name it, we got it.
>>
>>46640790
Monoblack with artifacts is still viable even today. It's literally the only thing I recognize from late-90s sixth edition.
>>
>late 90s in magic
Let's see we had some of the most broken shit available in magic either about to happen or already happening
Infinite turns with stasis lock
Anything stemming from the words Pestilence or Necropotence
Blue had Bribery, Counterspell and a host of other cards that would instantly destroy whatever strategy you had, turning the entire match into one giant mind game
Green had mana for fucking days with elf spam (one of the first monster theme decks I can remember)
SQUIRRELS MOTHERFUCKER, SQUIRRELS
Red had every direct damage card known to man (hammers, lightning bolts, lava axes, ball lightning, inferno, etc.), haste, Squee motherfucking Goblin Nabob and a bunch of really goofy mechanics like Powder Keg that were fun as hell to play with
White could wreck your shit if you let it (Wrath, Kismet, Pacifism) and had lifegain like you wouldn't believe, they could tank anything
Poison. Counters.
>>
File: fatheranderson.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fatheranderson.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
WHITE. Before everybody did there best to be 'subversive' and 'clever' by making every white card/character into Commie-Nazism or some dime-store Arthas Menethil corrupt-a-like, white was solidly represented the values that I aspire too personally. Someday, WOTC will stop being edgy shits. Some day.

I also respect green.
>>
File: Devoted_hero.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Devoted_hero.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>46641466
My favorite card in M:tG was white.
>>
>>46641466
You do realize that White had cards like Witch Hunter and bureaucrats even as far back as 1995 right?
>>
>>46641466
Amen brother; Amen...
>>
>>46641535
Yes, and I actually kind of appreciate the nuance. Every color has it's faults, that's the way it works, but I feel that the deconstruction of the white color philosophy was become more the the norm.
>>
>forced at gunpoint to pick only one color
Probably blue

>allowed to splash
Blue/Red Izzet memes

>allowed free reign
GRIXIS STRONG
>>
>>46640845
>>46640846
>>46640902
>>46641339
Praise Yawgmoth. Hail Tourach.
>>
>>46640825
hey brother. that feel you have when your opponent doesnt get to do anything fun
>>
>>46640790
ALL COLORS ARE NOTHING BUT MERE TOOLS TO HELP ME WINNING AGAINST MY OPPONENTS

t. Black :--_D
>>
>>46641787
>that feel when you Engineered Plague an entire weenie deck out of existence
>>
>>46641466
>Hurr Durr Muh white knight
People like you are fucking faggots and should consider suicide
>>
>>46640790
R E D
E
D

I still play burn.
>>
>>46641055
I don't get it. Is your dick blue?
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
Red

If you haven't won by turn 4, you better have at least pissed off everyone in the game.
>>
>>46641335
Creature Removal?
Efficient Fliers?
Direct Damage?
>>
>>46640790
Red

I wanna be free from this control and this denial stuff. I want to touch the sky and see the world, and occasionally throw a tantrum over black and blue magic.
>>
File: 1457582444655.jpg (147 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
1457582444655.jpg
147 KB, 1024x748
White.
We can do everything. Even draw cards with Mentor of the Meek, Bygone Bishop, Puresteel Paladin and Cantrips.
If we are playing lockdown, we can just prevent you from drawing more than one card a turn.
>>
Green because creatures and mana are so fundamental the the game.
>>
>>46640790
Green or Red.

Probably green, love the big stompy monsters.
>>
>>46641666
>but I feel that the deconstruction of the white color philosophy was become more the the norm.

Satan WOULD say something like that

Although yeah I do get you, the whole "white mana is mean" gets old after a while and eventually what's known as revolutionary or cutting edge becomes a cliche.

As for the OP, my three favorite colors to normally play are Blue, White, and Black in no particular order. If I HAD to choose a color to play it'd probably be black, as most of my decks seem to end up using that color.
>>
Burn decks all day, every day
>>
>>46640790
Green.

Because I enjoy ramping more than I enjoy actually playing the damn game.
>>
File: Color_Wheel-1.jpg (92 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
Color_Wheel-1.jpg
92 KB, 498x500
>there are stuck-up blue supporters in the thread
>>
File: FightEverythingWithFire.jpg (730 KB, 1030x1029) Image search: [Google]
FightEverythingWithFire.jpg
730 KB, 1030x1029
>>46640790
>Implying I don't force monored in every format
>>
White is right
>>
>>46640790
None of them. I was playing worse CCGs at the time.
>>
File: honor-of-the-pure-mtg.jpg (59 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
honor-of-the-pure-mtg.jpg
59 KB, 700x325
>>46640790

White. Without a doubt. Truth, justice, and purging the occasional heretic with pretty angels watching your back. What's not to love?

>>46640851
>>46641466
>>46643101
>>46646225

Splendid, gentlemen.
>>
>>46642844
Green has the coolest creature removal around.

FIGHT. MOTHERFUCKING BEAR PUNCH BITCH. DIRECT DAMAGE? I'LL DIRECTLY DAMAGE YOUR BEAR WITH MY PUNCH.

Also, we have a solid...3 or 4 efficient fliers/sources of flying...ah fuck you buddy, green blows up your stupid faggy fliers. How's that for fucking creature removal?
>>
I love both white and red, but if I had to choose...

White. I love me some freedom, creativity and emotion, but ultimately White's virtues of altruism, working together, and justice will make the world better far easier. Though I still think it should be tempered with a heart, without a focus of morality and kindness, anything else is meaningless.
>>
File: serra.jpg (256 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
serra.jpg
256 KB, 1600x900
angel tiddies

If we were talking gameplay rather than theme, I'd choose green, though.
>>
File: ewoks.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ewoks.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>46640790
I once played Ezuri elfball while sleep deprived. I developed a huge field, had my Ezuri out to regenerate elves as needed, so on and so forth. I didn't attack though. I just chilled with my elves among the forests, looked on happily as their society grew, not caring for the troubles of the outside world.

Fucking decree of pain had to come along and ruin it all in the end, but for a time I knew true peace.
>>
File: 51ab8d24afa96f6f1700002c.jpg (12 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
51ab8d24afa96f6f1700002c.jpg
12 KB, 400x298
>>46641712
MAH FUGGIN NIGGUH
>>
>>46642844
>Creature Removal?
Beast Within, Plummet, Hurricane, fighting, deathtouch flash creatures
>Efficient Fliers?
Scryb Sprites, Scryb Ranger, and unblackables.
>Direct Damage?
Hurricane, and damage dealing artifact, the anti-flying Lightning Bolt (Leaf Arrow or whatever).

Desert Twister hits anything too.
>>
I run monocolor decks of each color, so I'm comfortable with all of them. That being said, red or black. I like quick damage and removal-heavy decks.
>>
>>46640790
Probably Black, or Black/Red if mixing is allowed. White's too pro-authoritarian, Green isn't overly fond of progress and Blue is a bunch of indirect pussy babies who couldn't swing a sword if they mind-controlled an actual adult to help them do it.
>>
>>46640790
>Not being a five colored bitch
5colorgoodstuff.dec always
>>
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 51x78) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 51x78
>>46640790
Fix'd your pic for you, OP.
>>
Green. It always comes down to green.
>>
>>46647763
How edgy of you, I bet you think Liliana Vess is best girl
>>
>>46642436
GREEN DICK IS BETTER THAN BLUE DICK
>>
>>46641466
>having depth is bad
>ignoring the bros to complain about the lack of bros
>being a cunt

You're a shit cunt.
>>
>>46640790
>White's good
Angels and heroes and shit
>White's bad
Boring as shit

>Blue's good
Trickery and wisdom and shit
>Blue's bad
BOY I SURE DO FUCKING HATE FUN

>Black's good
Welcome to ambition and horror and ambitious horror
>Black's bad
Literally bleeding from edge cuts

>Red's good
Fire and Lightning and pew pew
>Red's bad
Oh Red-kun you're such a
fucking retard holy shit

There's nothing good about green.
>>
>>46640790
Browntown
>>
>>46641466
The problem with traditional White morality is that it has no concept of freedom. Even if you were to develop enough to understand that freedom is the source of good and evil, you can not make your subjects more free by changing the laws.

White is the political party's honest believer, who thinks that everything would be better if only everyone was on the same page. No matter the form, with white mana, everyone must bow down to a shared concept of Us.

With my kind of mana, everyone must bow down to Me. You see, we are not that different, you and I...
>>
I always went with blue in the past.
But I think now I would say green. Them big ass creatures are just too satisfying when ya get em.

But I'm a liar if I said I didn't always splash. So now green/blue because fuck you.
>>
My first reaction is to say blue, but I feel like I'm closer to the impulsive and emotional red.
>>
>>46650109

Yes and no. While White does at times limit positive freedoms (freedom to do X, Y, Z) they are better than other colors at negative freedoms (freedom from X, Y, Z). In this case, freedom from being subjugated against your will, freedom from theft of property, etc, etc.

I do agree in part with your point, though. I prefer White morality splashed with red's appreciation for freedom, so that the result is something akin to the US Constitution.
>>
>>46651030
So what you're saying is that Boros is best guild?
>>
>>46651178
>>46651030

I do think Boros is best guild, but not for the reasons outlined above. Boros is a mix of White's structure, order, etc and red's aggression and passion.

I think there is a different way to mix W/R where you get White's moral code, desire to protect, uphold laws, order, etc with Red's value of the individual and respect for freedoms.

e.g. If you splash Red in White the correct way you can teach white that certain individual freedoms are virtuous, should be protected, and don't inherently lead to chaos. Hayek's spontaneous order, if you want to get philosophical.
>>
So I am the only one who was going colorless every time?
>>
>>46651506

You're the only one who wants to be Eldrazi rapebait so, yes.
>>
>>46651030
Add in some blue for logic and reasoning and you've got glorious Red White and Blue. Boros + Azorius = USA. Fits surprisingly well.

America. ;-;7
>>
>>46651030
>freedom from being subjugated against your will
I'm going to stop you right there. White is the color of just about every empire in existence that goes on a conquering spree because the neighbors "Aren't like us"
White is also the most "All citizens are the same" marxist philosophy. Finally, White doesn't always care what your think your freedoms means. White will take your weapons because you don't need them. White will tell you to farm because people need food. And white will tell you to listen to the glorious emperor on the ivory throne because he's there for a reason.
>>
Colorless, all day every day.
>>
Blue.

Splash of white.
>>
>>46651909

Not quite. That is certainly one way that aspect of white manifest, but not the only way that principle takes hold.

If you're being subjected to unjust (or what it deems unjust) authority, White is also the first color to come to your aid. Cruel and vicious kings, self-serving and (some) tyrannical laws, those who wish to steal, murder, and rape your family, etc.

>White is the color of just about every empire in existence that goes on a conquering spree because the neighbors "Aren't like us"

True. White is also the color of nations that fight to stop them.

>White is also the most "All citizens are the same" marxist philosophy

There's more than one way to view citizens as all the same. White is also the color that can see every citizen the same as deserving equal protection under the law and respect as human beings possessing inalienable rights.

>White doesn't always care what your think your freedoms means

100% correct. But that's my whole point. The form that any White government takes depends on the specific morals that White has decided are beneficial. Nazi Germany is as White as an idealized United States, speaking of real world governments.

Which brings me back to my how I stated it here >>46651342. White splashed with Red morality lends itself (potentially) to an ordered, just, society, that respects the individual as a unit, equal under law, with personal freedoms determined by reason, as this state has been decided to be ideal for human existence.

>>46651779
Incredibly, well, actually. I think most philosophers are W/U in MTG terms.
>>
File: UHFNoStinkingBadgers8x61.jpg (27 KB, 455x375) Image search: [Google]
UHFNoStinkingBadgers8x61.jpg
27 KB, 455x375
>>46640790

The Eldrazi need no stinking colors!
>>
>>46651030
Negative freedoms and rights don't exist, though.
>>
>>46652260
If you're being subjected to unjust (or what it deems unjust) authority, White is also the first color to come to your aid
Which leads to the first point: White is subjective. To compare to the real world: Both the US and the terrorists they fight use White and Red in about the same amount. Both think they're fighting for a just cause and causing widespread violence and destruction. The ugly flip-side of Boros
White is the high horse color. A nation that might love their white democracy might see another countries beloved king as a Despot that needs taking out. Thus White vs White starts because they HAVE to save you from your "evil tyrant" and his "self serving laws"
Law is pretty good against crime though, but that isn't for the rights of the people, it's to maintain and establish order.
>White is also the color of nations that fight to stop them.
And they themselves were previous empires that won and conquered their neighbors who weren't like them.
White is good when on it's horse, but when it gets off it's either a naive idealist or the ends justify the means type. White is both the rebellion and the empire.
>>
>>46652316

>Negative freedoms and rights don't exist
Perhaps in soviet bloc countries.

In all seriousness, a freedom to do X is different from a freedom from X. It's an abstract concept, but all freedoms are philosophical abstractions until applied to real examples and acted (or not acted) upon.
>>
File: wound reflection.jpg (36 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
wound reflection.jpg
36 KB, 223x310
Black is the only color worth playing. It can do almost everything every other color can
>>
>>46649228

Not the one you're responding to but she is not nor would she ever be best girl.

Black is the color to be because it's the color of self. Black is courage,Black is ambition, Black is the force that moves all the other colors.

White is stagnent, Blue is to full of itself and it's own illusions, Green is strong with no direction and Red is Sound and Fury personified
>>
>>46652620
Doesn't it choke against enchantments though?
Would an enchantress deck just roll over monoblack every time?
>>
>>46652442

>White is subjective
All colors are subjective with regards to specific values, as colors describe methodology, not specific virtues in and of themselves. i.e. a black player is still being black whether or not they want to use their selfish and greedy impulses to only watch anime all day free from obligation, or raise an undead horde to slaughter the innocent. So I'm not really sure what your point is.

>White vs White starts because they HAVE to save you from your "evil tyrant" and his "self serving laws"

Assuming they value those traits, certainly. They might value pacifism as a virtue, though, as well. That leads to a different sort of state, such as Switzerland, for instance.

>Law is pretty good against crime though, but that isn't for the rights of the people, it's to maintain and establish order

That's a very limited view of the law, nor by any means the only correct/legitimate way to conceive of the wall. Order is certainly A goal of law, but not it's only one. The US Constitution, the highest law of the land, is a document the seeks to protect freedoms, with order being a happy outcome of what was deemed a prosperous human state.

>White is good when on it's horse, but when it gets off it's (something bad)

And we're back to square one. White describes a methodology which can take numerous forms based on the specific values it decides to uphold. The very fact that white is both the rebellion and the empire, despite the vastly different moral values and morality to those organizations is utterly essential.
>>
>>46652456
And in all practical forms, negative freedoms are no different from positive freedom.

A positive freedom can be easily made negative, simply by rewriting it from Freedom to do X to Freedom from being prefented from doing X
Likewise, negatives can be rewritten from Freedom from X to Freedom to not be affected by X.

Both positive and negative freedoms require force, and can be better described as are and ought, respectively.

You ARE allowed to do X, You OUGHT to be allowed to do X.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>46652649
say that to my face faggot not online and see what happens
>>
>>46652755

On the level of semantics, you're right. The difference really comes down to one of how freedoms are approached.

There is no functional difference between a freedom to cross the street, and a freedom from having your progress across the street halted.

However, what I was saying is there is a conceptual, if not practical difference. The notions of freedom to generally carry the connotation of "granted" freedoms, and at times imply a limited number.

Negative freedoms generally carry the connotation of "innate" freedoms, and at times imply a far less limited nature.

Granted, once again, it's not a technical difference, per se. But it is a culturally significant one.
>>
>>46652659
What I mean by white being subjective is that your values are not the same as your neighbors, but if either of you feel those values are worth going to war over, then the war will happen while other colors might be more willing to let bygones be bygones in these situations. White is the one color that creates an obligation to fight.
White is by far the most war happy color system, but it devalues the individual by itself by focusing on the greater good.
The US constitution is a very WR document, not mono-white. At it's core White by itself cares little about rights in favor of order. That's it's primary conflict with Red. Order vs Freedom. That's why when White is allowed to do what it wants, or it's allowed to function without it's enemies caste systems and ways to rank people tend to be quick to follow.
So yes, the MonoW view of law is definitely: It creates an order and those who break this order are punished.
>>
Black, just because I like horror themes.

If splashes are allowed, green, because GOLGARI STRONG BITCH
>>
>>46650109

I have to admit I do still prefer this to the often hypocritical approach black and blue take that freedom exists, but mine is much more important than yours.
>>
>>46653079
>White is the one color that creates an obligation to fight
>White is by far the most war happy color system

Objectively untrue. If White deems peace is a virtue in an of itself, then it will follow that. Black can come to war out of a desire for power, control, or to sate desires. Red can come to it from sheer hedonistic delight. One could go on for every single color. White is as warlike, and peaceful, as any color, depending on the circumstances.

>The US constitution is a very WR document, not mono-white

I know. I've been using it as an example how I conceive WR working together to create a decent moral/legal system since my first post.

>At it's core White by itself cares little about rights in favor of order

Order, yes, but the structure of said order, what the rules of said order are, are up to each white society. That to the side, I was speaking of law generally, not just monoW's view of law, so on that ground, that is the general trend. Hence my argument throughout that WR is ideal.
>>
>>46653528

Ironically, in order to get a balanced freedom where the right's of all individuals are respected, you need to add White. Getting White to value the individual as a philosophical unit, and to see the community as a body of individuals with certain rights, is the trick.

Without additional colors, White (probably) won't recognize Liberty as we understand it. But without White, other colors (probably) won't protect all individual's liberties as part of a community.
>>
>>46652948
How can innate or natural freedoms be said to exist, however, if they require force to enforce?
>>
>>46654137

There's no connection between the requirement of force to protect freedoms, and the fact that those freedoms exist. It's only proof that there are opposing forces which have a tendency to quell freedom. Your question implies a non-sequitur.
>>
>>46649376
ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU NEVER GO BACK!
>>
File: MTG_iona.jpg (431 KB, 1200x889) Image search: [Google]
MTG_iona.jpg
431 KB, 1200x889
>>46654607

GO HOME KEK
>>
>>46640790
Green has always been my favorite, and monogreen decks are always pretty decent, ramp specially.
>>
>tfw you're a filthy multicolor slut that can't imagine playing anything less than a three color deck

MtG was a mistake
>>
File: 397.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46654804
YOU GO HOME KEK!!!!!!1
>>
File: 135.jpg (55 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
55 KB, 312x445
>>46654804
Ugh, monowhite angels.
>>
>>46655313

Don't you fret. Repent, and you can know the love of angels. We won't judge you for your past colors. Much.
>>
File: Deathpact Angel.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Deathpact Angel.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>46655483
No thanks, it's so much more fun to get an angel to join you as an obedient servant or zealous enforcer.
Avasin not being Red/Black on her backside was annoying EDH wise.
>>
File: Halo.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46655483
The only good angel is a dead angel.
>>
File: Your Move.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Your Move.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>46655569

I gotta admit, while I have them with a passion, W/B angels have great flavor. I love to hate them.

Don't doubt it. But imagine the rage at making Avacyn, of any sort, part black. Red already pissed off folks. Still, point taken.

>>46655607
Demons belong in the pits of Hell they came from.
>>
File: Dread Cacodemon.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Dread Cacodemon.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>46655710
Too bad Hell's already on Earth.
>>
File: Indestructable_All_Day.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Indestructable_All_Day.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>46655786

No place on Earth is beyond redemption.
>>
File: 460590208352.jpg (839 KB, 1830x490) Image search: [Google]
460590208352.jpg
839 KB, 1830x490
>implying there anything worse than dealing with blue drawing 15 cards a turn and stare at each one

Alright, what is your least favorite color and why do hate them?
>>
File: laughing black man.gif (156 KB, 120x140) Image search: [Google]
laughing black man.gif
156 KB, 120x140
>>46649674
>>BOY I SURE DO FUCKING HATE FUN
>>
>>46656039
>the incarnation of mono-white becomes a red-white creature
>>
>>46656322

On that score, good sir, I agree. That was bullshit. But apparently Nahiri's ability to be a cunt knows no bounds. (Nor MR's ability to fuck up a story.)
>>
WHITE POWER
>>
>>46640790
I really wonder if you faggots who cry about multicolored shit understand how to build a deck or a mana base at all, or if you're just a pack of kitchen table warriors who want everyone else to be trapped on your level of "jam all the good shit in $color with %basicLand".

Who am I kidding, I know you all suck at every aspect of this game. But thanks for getting me started on a 2-0 lead every FNM.
>>
>>46656585

>spike player detected

Nothing wrong with playing to win. In fact, that element is utterly essential in any game. But there are other ways to enjoy and appreciate the game without you strutting around taking shits everywhere, and more than enough room for people to express a desire for mono-colored decks to be more competitive.
>>
>>46656039
Now as much as I like this banter between us good Anon, I do have a question. Why do you like White? I've never tried that color before (I've done black,blue, and green).
>>
>>46656585
This is why fetchlands and duals go for hundreds of dollars. Kek, thanks for keeping my card game in business.
>>
>>46656685

Likewise, my anonymous sparring partner.

Mostly a Vorthos player, so for me it's about flavor. I enjoy playing the "good guy", though I know white != good.

Mechanically, I enjoy some of the synergy that white decks can have, buffing each other and through numbers and cooperation, overwhelming an opponent. The defensive and protective elements in white decks can also be fun.
>>
>>46640790
probably red because i'm an impulsive motherfucker and also a closet pyromaniac
>>
File: 180.jpg (20 KB, 494x364) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
20 KB, 494x364
>>46646136
my nigga
>>
>>46656152

Black, for the sheer lack of morality. It's a selfish, greedy, destructive color. Even at it's best, when it's bucking bad authority, it's doing so in a cruel, careless, and vicious way.

It's only redeeming quality; a desire to act in a free fashion, is shared, and done better, by red.
>>
>>46656152
green
boring as shit
red gets in good beats, black is my color, white can do pretty much anything and in any case tends to work pleasantly with black, and blue is literally the color of gameplay
the fuck is green doing? dumb ass hippie motherfuckers
>>
>>46642343
OO SO EDGY
>>
>>46652638
>Not the one you're responding to but she is not nor would she ever be best girl.
Are you implying that B-girls can't be best girls?
Are you B-racist, man?
>>
>>46656664
If I want to build a deck that's all 6 drops, I'm not in a position to complain if it isn't competitive.
>>
Black. My brother usually plays Red, and we have friends who fairly consistently play Green, White, and Blue. Works out well.
>>
File: looming shade.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
looming shade.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
Black.
Been playing it since I started, and nothing is more fun that a good old fashioned shade deck.
Would splash green if I could though, to get in my oh so beloved fucking garbage thallids
>>
it's hard to decide between black or green
probably black

>>46665365
oh man, that looks like a fun card
>>
>>46641463
>Black:Resource Conversion - bad
>Blue:Counterspell - bad
>Green:Mana ramp- bad
>Red:Direct damage - bad
>White:Preservation - bad

>posion counters
>90's
scars of mirroden block was 2010 you dip shit, poison was a joke at all times before that

you literally compared necropotence to fucking pacifism
holy shit you are a goddamn retard, and you are the exact reason Wizards have fucking lost their minds trying to please you and your ilk
>>
>>46656585
Our complaint isn't about fucking winning and losing due to admittedly retarded price inflation from spikes huge wallets and fucking speculation

Our complain is when you fucking REQUIRE multi color decks to be competitive, the power creep is fucking the division between the roles of each color, and making color mana's ENTIRE purpose null

Its like as if the functions of water and gasoline in real life suddenly gained the utility of the other

People with gasoline would have a useless resource, and access to water would change
Its even worse WHEN YOU REQUIRE PEOPLE TO KEEP USING GASOLINE, even when its useless at that point

We enjoyed the core game, and fucking up the color boundary THIS thoroughly and REQUIRING player to is fucking up the core game

this doesn't even account for the dumbing down of mtg into "creatures the wordening", and the execution of combo and counter magic

Besides you are a fucking spike, you wouldn't give a shit about the actual game, because whatever the game, your wallet wins for you
>>
>>46664405

>monocolor decks must only have 6+ drops in the deck
How dense are you?
>>
>>46667031
The point was that if you put an arbitrary deck building restriction on yourself, it's not the world's fault that your deck is bad
>>
>>46667071

It can be flipped the other way; designing the game in such a way that multi-color decks out preform mono-color decks as consistently as it has been seems rather arbitrary.

All that's being asked for is that mono-color decks remain (or become) competitive. Shouldn't be a tall order for a game who base mechanics involve 5 colors (6 if you count colorless), which each posses unique flavors, mechanics, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with being a spike
>>
>>46668550

In and of itself, absolutely not. They're an essential part of MTG's fanbase.

What's wrong is when they, or any sort, think that their way is the best/only way, and fuck everyone/everything else. Like the prick in this thread.
>>
>>46665866
I own six of them. Shades are the best kind of garbage.
>>
>>46640790
Red, because it has the best girls
>>
>>46671173
Red may have the hottest girls, but blue has the coolest ones
>>
File: Cabal Therapy.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cabal Therapy.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
>>
>>46665866
>3 mana 1/1 with a pump.

Jesus christ is this shit seriously what excites people nowadays? Hundreds of cards with unique effects have been printed over the last 30 or so years and the fucking 1/1 pump creature is what "looks fun".
>>
>>46675509
hey, i'm pretty new to magic!
that said, does everything have to have a special snowflake effect to be fun?
>>
>>46675509
spike detected
>>
File: mtg thalia.jpg (91 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
mtg thalia.jpg
91 KB, 640x468
>>46640790
I'm a death and taxes player, so white. Green is a close second.
>>
Red, because it's 2016 and I still run only mono red goblins and burn
>>
White, I run a mono white soldier token deck.
Playing with friends is where it's at though.
>>
>>46678495
As if being a spike is a bad thing? And i never even talked about the power level of the card. All i said was that it's a boring concept. There're tons of "pay mana pump p/t" creatures. If anything my comment leans more towards Johnny.
>>
>>46661349
Green is "all fatties" as much as black is "all removal". There's more to it than meets the eye, it's mostly about leveling the playing field through removing your opponent's methods of trickery, then using "fair/natural" methods to win.

I'm R>U>W, so I'm not even really the best one to talk. This is from a good friend who's rather adept with the colour.
>>
>>46640790
Blue is best, I just enjoy options. Nothing beats the feeling of the opponent passing turn after draw because of 3 mana being left open
>>
>>46680342
Out of fear of being 1-for-1ed? Not even having key removal countered, but boardstate? Against an empty board? Why not bait the counters?
>>
That's a tough decision between Black and Green
Black gets to do anything it wants and has to pay for it but Green gets to hit people with fatties.

Oddly Blue is always my favorite secondary color because it gets to do anything it wants because it's broken.

B/U/G is the true master race
>>
>>46640790

I must admit to be currently cheating my usually strict loyalty to Red with White.
>>
>>46673277
Black's girls are drop dead gorgeous
>>
>>46640878
Unlike every other color, you have only gotten better over time.

Fuck You.

Sincerely, Red.
>>
>>46661349
Green is going with Hexproof/Shroud and laughing at blue.
>>
>>46686864
So your entire deck loses to a single land? Got it. Try actually doing what green is good at, chump.
>>
>>46640790
I literally cannot choose between red and blue. So yes, I'm a dirty Izzet colour traitor.
>>
>>46641752
Having fun while playing blue has a negative correlation to one persons enjoyment.
So yes, the other person doesn't get to do anything.
>>
>>46687226
No, Izzet embraces them separately, only employing them in unison when seen fit. What you are is a Noggle, jackass.
>>
>>46640790
It might show how pleb I am, but Red.

Motherfucking Red.
>>
>>46687329
Except that I like RU because both halves have something that I like, and I mainly alternate rather than blend.
>>
U

Counterspell is my favourite card in the game. It's the most fun card to play with and the most fun card to play against.
>>
>>46687055
Try to make a better and coherent argument instead of stooping to name calling please.
>>
>>46640790
Sinkhole was black, but all other land destruction, sans Rain of Tears, was Red.

So if I had to pick a color, I'd still be Red/Black, because you cannot have enough 3 mana land destruction.
>>
>>46641466
White is for faggots

Remove creatures, remove artifacts, remove enchantments, remove lands, gain life

All you do is reset the game back to its original state

Why the fuck would I want to play magic backwards?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>46642423
>>46646136
>>46657278
>>46679452
>>46687343
COMRADES
>>
>>46684689
Requesting black QTs
>>
>>46643101
I actually feel like, besides mentor and bygone, white has few ways to keep a hand strong if they want to dump weenies. Cantrips help but don't make enough of a difference. There are a few artifacts that let you bolster your hand, but all in all, its not enough. I love white and all, but I took apart my monowhite soldier tribal EDH deck because of this.

Blue is best for draw if you want to pay for cards, green is best if you want to play cards to get cards, and black is best if you want to cheat your ass off for cards.
>>
>>46680051
I wouldn't so much say that, a true Johnny can look at any card and try to make it work.

For instance, Dark Ritual is easily a Giant Growth in colors that you don't expect it.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgamoth allows all your lands to boost this guy up, and Crypt Ghast allows swamps to do it twice!
Illusionist's Bracers make him get +2/+2 for just 1 mana (or course the equip cost is a bit much).
Black Market can turn him into a sink that reads: This creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures that have died since Black Market has entered the battlefield.

Sure, there are more efficient ways to spend your mana, and obviously the card is no Psychatog, I just wanted to list some fun combos I thought of with the card.

You mentioning the fact that a vanilla "pay mana pump p/t" is not so interesting reminds me more of a Melvin. I respect that.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.