[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into this? I've only ever played blood bowl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: ageofsigmarlg[1].jpg (315 KB, 1021x580) Image search: [Google]
ageofsigmarlg[1].jpg
315 KB, 1021x580
How do I get into this? I've only ever played blood bowl and my blood bowl teams are Humans and Undead. Is their an online game like fumbbl?
>>
>>46635736
Don't, waste of money
>>
>>46635736
Don't. This is presently the worst wargaming option on the market. Even assuming Relic Knights is still available.
>>
>>46635736
>How do I get into this?
Buy the starter set, genius.
>>
>>46635736
Don't. It's a terrible excuse for a game.

Warmachine is going to get a new edition in a couple of months time. If you're looking for a round-based skirmish wargame, you might want to try that instead.
>>
>>46635736
Try kings of war
>>
>>46635736
You dont. Play Warmamchine/Hordes instead.
>>
>>46635736
I think you can play it on virtual tabletop, if you want to play irl nip in to a GW and ask them for help.
>>
File: 1430446398380.jpg (54 KB, 896x349) Image search: [Google]
1430446398380.jpg
54 KB, 896x349
The only reason to play age of sigmar is if you're a modeller/painter who thinks round bases look nicer and aren't concerned with money lore or rules.

Check your local scene before selecting a wargame as well
>>
File: CMON-Perfect-Veronica.jpg (137 KB, 719x500) Image search: [Google]
CMON-Perfect-Veronica.jpg
137 KB, 719x500
>>46635891
>Relic Knights
Wow, I didn't expect it to be so weeb
>>
>>46635736
The real question is: Why would you?
>>
Download the free rules for game and some factions you like.

Get a box for each side or split a start collecting set or some 2nd hand

put out some terrain, anything you have like dnd tiles will do

play a game

try to have at least one hero per side
>>
>>46636332
also a couple of objectives are good

first game I played we used dungeon command tiles and counters for a capture the flag type thing, holding a counter had to roll to move, couldnt attack, if in combat had to stay still to fight back or drop the counter

if you decide for more than one unit type per side, get a few ranged guys for each side
>>
File: 1440127348204.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1440127348204.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
You don't. You look at this page:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Warhammer?N=102267+4294965341+4294965226&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

And you do yourself the favour of never playing it. Pick up Kings of War or an old edition of WHFB instead.
>>
You check the local clubs and see what's around. Don't let the butthurt warhammer fans tell you. Download via torrent the books, check the local community, build, paint, play something simple. If you like it, expand your army and find out about more complex games. If you don't like it sell or expand your knowledge about simpler or more complex games around.
>>
File: 1xCsNR9.jpg (241 KB, 1624x1058) Image search: [Google]
1xCsNR9.jpg
241 KB, 1624x1058
>>46635736
Haha ignore the salt, OP.

First thing you want to do is find other players of it in your area and ask them to demo you a game. Most likely one of them will have a spare army or something to share with you. Then browse the selection of models they have for sale, and go with what's cool for you.

The beauty of this game is your freedom to build what kind of army you want and play. Usually people stick within a single faction or grand alliance, but you dont have to.

Generally you want a couple units (boxes with multiple models inside) and a hero (pack or box with a single model inside). As for rules, you don't need to buy anything there because all of the rules are free on GWs site.

Build
Paint
Play
Have fun.

Then go here for any further discussion. Folks here don't take too kindly to discussions of AoS outside their containment general thread. >>46620462
>>
>>46638647
So how much does gw pay you?
>>
>>46641483
Nothing. I am actually a KoW player, but if someone is genuinely asking a question, i will give them a genuine answer.

OP didn't ask how to get into KoW. Nor did he ask what fantasy battles game should he get into. He asked how to get into AoS. And I answered. Something a majority of the responders in this thread are too dumb to comprehend. It's one of the reasons /tg/ has gone to shit, because people would rather be assholes on the internet than actual help.
>>
>>46638425

Hey, sorry, its me, from the future. Turns out after trying it for a few months its pretty ass. Also god damn donald trump wins the white hose, everything sucks, and I am now 26 and still a virgin.
>>
>>46638647
>50 cents have been deposited into your account
>>
>>46636141

That's actually like a 4/10 on the weeb scale of Relic Knights. You should check out their 10/10's.
>>
>>46641697
You're a good person
>>
In the 2-3 weeks before AOS stopped being played in my region, the most important phase of the game was the Haggle Phase. This is the longest phase of the game, lasting around 30 minutes by itself, and it is when the players involved attempt to decide who is going to bring what models to the game. The person who wins this phase, usually by grinding down the others, wins the game.

Also I don't know of any games played here that did not end in both entire armies forming a blob in the middle of the table.

I am not trying to be mean I'm just giving you everything I've learned about the game in the brief time before it all imploded. The MOST important thing to remember however is that you are effectively beta testing a game that will never be finished.

It's important to understand what you are getting into.
>>
>>46641915
Wait, if Trump wins then how is everything shit?
>>
>>46641915 FIXED-
Hey, sorry, its me, from the future. Turns out after trying it for a few months its pretty ass so I sold the miniatures, got to know people and now I am playing (insert game name here.) Also god damn donald trump wins the white house and a lot of things sucks. Not gonna talk about my sexual life on the forum because it does not bring anything to the conversations since Im not a monkey and I dont pretend to be one to impress people behind a keyboard. Sex or lack of it. Same thing. Just gave an answer to OP since I have enough time to answer and get on with my life instead of crying for warhammer fantasy like they took the books away from my home. Look, I get it, I would have loved to have less responsibilities and enough money to be able to buy warhammer things on 7th or 8th and AOS looks and feels funny compared to the other editions but it is what we have and what some of us play sometimes. I loved brettonia, did not get to play much of the older editions and now I cant find a decent game where I live, but you dont have to trash everyone's experience just because you dont like it. Get on with the times bro. The casual public is the target audience for everything, not US. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can move as a person and be a better community member instead of being the cancer that ruins games in general. GW sucks? Cool. Let then have your well thought input as a player so they can hear about the public they are neglecting. Being a punk in a forum helps no one.
>>
>>46641915
Just get a prostitute. The first time isn't as fantastic as hentai would have you believe. It's a better use of your money than Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: typicalAOSgeneralposter.png (437 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
typicalAOSgeneralposter.png
437 KB, 1024x887
>>46641697
>>
>people still play GW games

I don't get it.
>>
>>46638647
>this amount of shilling

Holy fuck.
>>
>>46635736
Why would you, it must be the worse game than was released last year. Look for popular games around you and play them. Also if you liked Blood Bowl there are lots of games with that aesthethic,s like dreadball in sci fi or many others mini games in fantasy.
>>
>>46638425
you don't even beed too torrent. the rules are just straight up free and on the GW website.
>>
>>46641697
>it's nicer to help someone do something stupid than to advice them to do something less stupid
Your logic is unsound.
>>
>>46642764
>Also I don't know of any games played here that did not end in both entire armies forming a blob in the middle of the table.

thats not really an issue with the game. if both olayers choose not too use any tactics the game isn't going to be very tactical. but if you actually use some you'll walk all over the shove everything in the middle players.
>>
>>46645274
>why do people still play games they enjoy.

yeah that's such a mystery that one.
>>
>>46646365
you'd have a point if picking a particular game could possibly be stupid.
>>
>>46646402
Spending lots of money on a shitty game, when there are better and cheaper games available, isn't stupid? It's one thing if it's the only game people play anywhere near him, then sure, but I doubt that's the case.
>>
>>46635736
You put some minis on the table, stroke your beard (you have one, right?), yell incoherently, throw some dice (the more the better) and declare yourself the victor.
>>
>>46646402
>you'd have a point if picking a particular game could possibly be stupid.
Yes it fucking well can. If you really believe it can't please play a round of that new singleplayer helium inhalation game.
>>
>>46646449
The game being shitty or other games being better is a purely subjective thing. it's impossible to make the worng choice because right and wrong straight up can't be applied.

Just because you wouldn't pick it doesn't make it wrong for someone else too. Your opinions aren't any more valid than anyone elses.
>>
>>46646787
>hurr everything is subjective
Eat shit you fuckign worthless piece of subhuman garbage.

The game is a mess and anyone with at least the slightest bit of expertise in the medium can see that.
>>
>>46646787
The rules are as bland as the fluff, and they over-charge for everything. It's of objectively poor quality.
>>
>>46646787
In that case I advice OP to shove burning coal up his anus, because pain is all in his mind.
>>
AoS is more for peeps who want to build something that appeals to them and use it on the table.

if you get into your dudes fluff, modelling, converting, painting, you can get some enjoyment out of the game
>>
>>46646787
When will the meme that quality is subjective end?
>>
>>46646950
Given that enjoyment of a game hinges purely on taste and other subjective things. Never, because it is correct.
>>
>>46645280
>Posts a legitimate answer to the question asked
>Doesn't go over the top about anything
>OMG the level of shill has never before been witnessed, muh-GW drone

if anybody who says anything good about AoS must be a shill, then does anybody here who suggested warmahored Shill for PP? Any KoW supporters must automatically be mantic shills?

If so, where do I sign up for my neetbuxx to promote a game? I mist be the only one not getting paid by somebody
>>
>>46647268
This

I'm seriously sick of all the shitposting that happens every single time AOS is even briefly mentioned. "shill" needs to be global filtered on 4chan, it is the worst kind of shitposting
>>
>>46638425
>Not a butthurt warhammer player for the last 30 years
FTFY
>>
>>46645382
GuildBall is the main one going gangbusters right now, it's fantasy, but low fantasy.
You mentioned Dreadball for the Sci-fi angle, or Grind if you like steampunk/fantasy.
>>
>>46647179
Subjectivity will be eliminated, and probably alot sooner than you think, people who really want to will be able to ask an AI supermind everything wrong with themselves and the AI will show the human as much pure truth as the puny mind can handle
>>
>>46648235
ok
>>
>>46646939
I dunno, AoS has a too marked aesthethics (Wow, WHfantasy and He-man had a baby) and all the planes and stuff don't make for very grounded games. I would say any generic like Song of Blades and Heroes with all the expansion would be a lot better for a your dudes army, while for great armies kings of war is very good, the only thing is lacking are more options for magic and options, but at least is a balanced game and surpisingly tactical (WH fantasy was more estrategic with the list building and game wining magic phase).
>>
>>46635736
It's not really a game, there's nothing to get into.
>>
>>46649335
Will attest to that. I bought a bunch of medieval dudes from Perry, designed my own coat of arms and printed it out on a transfer sheet, chose individual blisters to be the important characters and other heroes, and made my own little kingdom that is entirely different from anyone else's while still using a coherent ruleset. You don't need a lack of real rules or balance to have your dudes, nor do you have to pay GW's crazy prices to have a sizeable army bearing your banner.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.