[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you with consistent settings, have you played a peasant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1439695742517.png (113 KB, 1603x310) Image search: [Google]
1439695742517.png
113 KB, 1603x310
For those of you with consistent settings, have you played a peasant?
>>
Is that a Sims3 door?
>>
>>46633846
No, but I've considered making it a campaign.
>>
File: 1458359121901.png (39 KB, 178x300) Image search: [Google]
1458359121901.png
39 KB, 178x300
>>46633846
>not using that motivation to become a new BBEG, honing your body into a weapon, and forging armor that turn you into an anathema to magic
>not slowly killing their sons, daughters and friends
>not waltzing into the fucking throne room with your big ass blacksmith hammer and killing the wizard in front of his court while she is away
>not plunging the world into war by leading some crazy peasant revolt eventually forcing her to kill you, causing her to realize that all this death and destruction are essentially her fault for being a shitty spouse

What a loser.
>>
>>46633846
Only as part of my backstory. I played as a peasant who became bandit and criminal before the start of campaign.
>>
>>46633846
>muh 35 year life exoectancy maymay
The medieval life expectancy is skewed artificially low by the high infant mortality rate.
>>
>>46633846
>is a good enough smith to make the Ultimate Armor
>not world fucking famous for his smithing skills alone

>>46635224
He beat the odds and died young.
>>
>>46636031
She never wore the armor though why would you have the armor back after her adventure was over if she had used it to slay the evil? He had it sitting in his room and it says "She never needed it"

Sure you could take this to mean she used it but didn't need it, but it's more likely she never needed it because she never used it.
>>
>>46634237
This guy knows what's up.
>>
File: 189465413.jpg (337 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
189465413.jpg
337 KB, 1000x1200
>>46633846
>be me
>raised among commoners in the Calimshan by my father, mother died during childbirth
>onlychild
>my father decides to take me on a trip to meet some relatives over in the next town
>we are ambushed by desert bandits and they kill my father
>a priest saves me while I lay dying on the side of the road
>my relatives take me in
>they are very kind: let me stay for nine years
>decide to work as a servant for a local noble in town
>pay is not high, but at least I can pull my weight for my wealthy cousins and uncle
>one night, burglers break in, steal everything of value they find and burn our house down
>all my relatives are dead, only I survived because arcane powers surged within me when I needed them most... but I could not save a single loved one
>now I have to wander the land: I have to find at least the mask that has been in our family for more than ten generations

>... and that's how I went from being a commoner, a servant, to an adventurer. How about you? Why are you an adventurer?
>>
I've played people with peasant backgrounds fairly often, but all of them have answered some kind of call to heroism because a level 0 commoner isn't too fun to level

The last one was pious farm serf whose dedication to the goddess of the harvest caused him to be visited by a planar being on the deity's behalf and was given the power of a paladin. The first few sessions involved him and the party doing a quest for the sneering pontiff of the church to get him his paladin's vestments and most of his holy equipment, because they were loathe to accept a commoner (even one with a glowing halo) as a paladin in their order as the local church had gotten pretty damn comfortable with the local nobility over the years. Once ordained and equipped, he may have been the only actual paladin in the local order, as many of the other "paladin" positions were simply given to noble sons as a sort of knighthood in return for generous tithes.

If the campaign weren't on hiatus for the last year+, I'd probably know for sure, and have set about cleaning it all up, but our DM had a baby and she's only been able to squeeze in some short one shots and board game nights.
>>
File: Landsknecht_1.jpg (36 KB, 369x463) Image search: [Google]
Landsknecht_1.jpg
36 KB, 369x463
>>46633846
>>46636515
>be me
>5th son of a peasant farming family
>bored as fuck
>strong as fuck
>King dies without kids, his brothers get started on a succession war
>mercenary groups start recruiting
>sign up
>turn out to be good at it
>really good
>war ends, but the kingdom is weakened
>monsters and brigands roam the countryside
>everyone who can afford it is hiring mercenaries

>"Money and Adventure, mostly."
>>
>>46634237
I thought this was where the story was going, but I was wrong. I mean he even had the bad ass armor already made.
>>
>>46633846
>Be strapping young man
>Do some mercenary work, nothing fancy, simple undead and bandits
>Get wind of job in closeby hamlet of undead attack
>just another tuesday
>Head out with buddy to take them on
>Fight of simple Zombies
>Get to graveyard with old necromancer
>Laughs, and disappears into ground
>Shrug and begin to leave
>A FUCKING TWO STORY TALL UNDEAD ERUPTS FROM THE GROUND
>holyshit.jpg
>I did not sign up for this
>I think I'm fucking dead
>Decide might as well go out swinging
>Grueling battle ensues
>Come out of it barely alive
>Feelsgoodman

After some thinking he decides that he should be dead and he's only alive by pure. And since he should be dead he's on borrowed time and might as well live life to the extreme, adventuring.
>>
File: 1458515333773.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458515333773.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
>>46633846
What the hell is it with peasants these days that makes them think that their way of life makes themselves to everyone else

Fuck I'm really fucking high right now and that was all I could think when I was trying to think of a clever, funny answer.
>>
>Be a peasant.
>Life sucks.
>Sucks less when I'm drunk.
>Sucks less when I'm high.
>Develop addiction.
>No money.
>No job.
>No one wants to higher an alcoholic opium addict.
>I spend my last few coins on some booze.
>While sitting in the tavern I overhear something interesting.
>Some assholes are paying gold-
>Yeah GOLD-
>to anyone who will clear out a nearby tomb that's been desecrated.
>Fuck yeah, I have some creep to me.
>>
>>46633846

i have fond memories of a campaign where i played a halfling farmer using a hoe as a shitty polearm. there was an epic battle in some cramped tunnel against a goblin where nobody big enough to be a competent fighter could help me and we both sucked and kept whiffing our attack rolls or doing minimal damage.

i think i eventually got to a town with some kind of thieves' guild and obtained an actual class. then the minor That Guy in our group killed two characters in a row doing stupid shit and got mad that it was possible to die in the GM's world and the campaign imploded. oh well.
>>
>>46637292
Praise the sun!
>>
File: 5835813.jpg (21 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
5835813.jpg
21 KB, 200x303
>>46637292
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.