[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do you think about the new Anniversary Marine's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 30th-marine-rules.jpg (174 KB, 800x762) Image search: [Google]
30th-marine-rules.jpg
174 KB, 800x762
So what do you think about the new Anniversary Marine's rules? I think its pretty nice since only SM can get it (other chapters didnt exist back then) and its free, its not like its weapons are any good or anything.
>>
>>46633013
>For no additional cost
>Give one Tactical Marine in the army a St5 AP2 Instant Death rapid fire gun

Totally balance.
>>
>>46633013
Well its free, it doesn't matter if its weapons are any good or not.

Its literally a free S5 AP2 gun.
>>
>>46633013
is there the full page of the datasheet somewhere?
is that all?
>>
>>46633228

You got it all wrong dude.

30 dollars to gain one S5 Ap2 Instant death weapon.
>>
>>46633903
Just convert it. I wouldn't mind a free chance to murder an MC.
>>
>>46634095

I was just joking about the blatant pay to win.
>>
>>46633228
>what is Look Out Sir!
>only str 5
>at most 2 shots at "you gonna get charged" range

So basically the ability to instagib one thing maybe. Less broken than wraith cannons.
>>
>>46633013
Facebook groups are going nuts on whether or not other chapters (Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves) can take him or not.
>>
>>46634339
2 things. The combi-weapon is rapidfire.
>>
>>46634339
>So basically the ability to instagib one thing maybe
The combi weapon has no limit on how many times it can be fired.
>>
>>46633228
I can say with certainty that there is no army in this game that has trouble getting rid of a single tactical squad.

it's a free plasma gun more often than not
>>
>>46634339
>what is Look Out Sir!

Which is why you're shooting at non-Characters, like monstrous creatures.

>at most 2 shots at "you gonna get charged" range

Overwatch.
>>
What the fuck is an 'Imperial Space Marine'?
>>
>>46636575
the name given by GW to the limited edition plastic remake of the first space marine miniature

pic related
>>
Miniature is cool and rules.. okay but holy cow no point cost? That is low for even GW.

Why not give it +20-30 point cost and call it a day and it would have been Okayish. Now GW is just totally saing "screw the rules and balance buy buy BUY"..
>>
>>46637017
cause pay2win?
>>
>>46639651

Just convert one.
>>
>>46637017
>Why not give it +20-30 point cost and call it a day and it would have been Okayish

It would have been shit.

These days, you need to make things like this free to even be worth taking. See War Convocation and Battle Company. And just one model per army isn't a big deal.

It might have been problematic if it were 24" S6+ and could be in any squad.
>>
>>46642050
Convert one? Fuck I'm looking forward to the time when every fucking space marine player is going to point to some no-face regular marine in a squad saying its his 'counts-as' imperial space marine.
>>
>>46642237

No, no, that's my Chapter Master with Bolter and Artificer Armor. THIS tactical marine model is my Imperial Space Marine.
>>
>>46642296
Oh emperor the heresy. The tournament i go to is usually pretty lax with converting and counts-as, but I hope they at least put a ruling on this. That if someone does plan to use a non-official imperial space marine model, that they need to at least do something to try imitating it (I.e. unique combi-bolter look and beakie helmet)
>>
I was going to buy this even if it didn't come with free rules. I just wanted to replace a random marine in my army with a cool looking guy.

Now I don't have to worry about why his gun looks like a combi bolter. Is it worth $30? Probably not. But $30 isn't a lot for me to flush down the fine vintage wine storm drain on something that catches my eye.
>>
>>46634286
but it's not pay too win.
It's a gimicky but largely inconsequential bonus for a celebratory limited edition mini.
It's quite feasible to convert up your own version for no extra cost from a regular marine anyway if the money is an issue.
>>
>>46635532
Yeah but its so short ranged its only going to get one shot before it gets killed most of the time.
>>
>>46643387

Yeah everyone freaking out are just combinations of bad players and jealous marine-hating xenos/CSM players.

It's literally worse than a Vindicator, which costs less points than a tac squad and has a stronger gun with longer range and is more durable.

See how long those last.

Answer: Negative value, since nobody even takes Vindicators to begin with. The only reason this unit will even see play is because tactical marines are actually played due to formation taxes.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.