[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lore Focused Game Suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: kells triskele.png (1 MB, 765x765) Image search: [Google]
kells triskele.png
1 MB, 765x765
Heya /tg/, I was wondering what input you would have regarding games that have a heavy focus on certain cultural lores. Of particular interest to me is Gaelic/Celtic lore, though other games with high cultural focus might also be appealing.

I'm also a bit of a weeb but I'm not going to bother asking about Japanese or other Asian lore focused games, those are everywhere.

Mechanics aren't as much of a matter to me at the moment, I'm looking for games where the base expectation is so heavily steeped in cultural lores that you almost can't be a fan of the game without an interest in that specific culture.
>>
>>46632286
I wish I had an example of a game to give you, this is something I'd like to see more of myself.
Also, you have exquisite taste in animated films, the Secret of Kells was spectacular.
>>
>>46633837
It was. Have you seen Song of the Sea? Similar vibe, both were written, directed, and produced by Tomm More.
>>
>>46634492
I've not had a chance to see it. That's the one about Selkies, right?
>>
>>46634723
It is. Check out KissCartoon if you're fine with piracy, otherwise I think you can find it on a few paid streaming or rental services by now.
>>
>>46634855
I'll do that.
Shame about the fucking thread, I would have thought that /tg/ of all places would have something to say on this matter.
>>
>>46635025
Well I'll at least try to keep it bumped as long as I can. Might help, might not.
>>
File: logo_black1.jpg (24 KB, 359x256) Image search: [Google]
logo_black1.jpg
24 KB, 359x256
Got a hit on one of my feelers out about this one. Checking it out. Anyone hear of it before?

http://www.shadowofthefomori.net/
>>
>>46632286
Have you played Fate of the Norns? It uses no dice. Instead, you draw runestones from a bag to determine success.
>>
>>46638861
Hmm I have not. Though it might be a bit harder to play with online games unless I convert it to dice. I'll look it up though.
>>
another hopeful bump
>>
give this one more bump before I crash
>>
Was recommended MYFAROG.

I'm honestly scared of that system.

Any input?
>>
File: Crest.png (1 MB, 1922x1901) Image search: [Google]
Crest.png
1 MB, 1922x1901
>>46632286
>>
File: carpetpage_big.jpg (2 MB, 1800x2500) Image search: [Google]
carpetpage_big.jpg
2 MB, 1800x2500
>>
>>46645434
Pyromancy is really OP against clerics for some reason. That's all I can really say from what I've read.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.