[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My DM wants me to break Eberron, anyone want to help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Eberron.jpg (103 KB, 992x354) Image search: [Google]
Eberron.jpg
103 KB, 992x354
Like most awesome things, this happens in Eberron. 5e Eberron if you want to be anal about it.
Recently the party discovered that The Draconic Prophecy was written by a 7-year old girl who barely knew how to read or write.
You read that right.
Apparently this girl has been reincarnating since the beginning of existence, and, having some form of Precognition, decided to write everything about the universe in her journal, which just so happened to be Eberron.
So, yeah, the Incomprehensible Prophecy Dragons spend their entire lives studying? Groucho Marx put it best when he said "A child of five could understand this! Now fetch me a child of five, I can't make head nor tail of it!"
What we learned:
> The Draconic Prophecy ultimately tells of the doom of Eberron, caused by the plane of Xoriat Crashing into the Material Plane.
> The Death of The Traveler is ultimately the reason for this.
> Our party is by no means unique, we are, however, an unknown element. Due to shenanigans involving planar travel and visiting a player’s Homebrew setting, we all got masks that gave us the minor powers of some deities. Also, one of our players re-rolled his character there, then came back to Eberron. So now the party has abilities, and even an individual that are outside of the scope of the prophecy.
> Because we have the ability to cause unexpected consequences, there is an unknown chance that we can quite literally de-rail fate and ruin the Draconic Prophecy
> We also received the location of a shitload of wealth on the continent of Xen'Drik, obviously the party’s current goal.
TLDR: Eberron is doomed unless we de-rail the Draconic Prophecy by a couple Hendersons
So, anyone interested in helping me come up with a plan to de-rail everything? We're about 12 years ahead of the official timeline, and a lot has changed, if anyone’s interested I can give details about the party and changes from classic Eberron.
>>
Analysis of the Prophetical abilities of the Reincarnating: it cannot be simply seeing the future, because then her lack of knowledge of your powers would not be an issue as she would merely observe their outcome. True or false?
>>
>>46631765
Actually, she was unable to see the masks, and was completely unable to see the player's character from the other setting. She's aware that he exists only by his presence and impact on the world, thus she's unable to predict their immediate effect upon the world. She's elected to keep things hands off, as she is inherent to the prophecy, and any direct influence she might have may would likely make things worse. From her perspective, she's able to see the secondary or third levels of impact our actions have, but not the primary, and she observes these as slight fluctuations in events she never could have predicted. Basically, they are inherently and unknown to here, albeit currently a very small one.
>>
>>46631903
Sorry, I deleted the post because I went away and came back unable to decipher it. I'm gonna have to go a more pedagogic route, or I won't be able to understand what I'm writing.
>>
>>46631840
Correct, it's more an observation of Causality within an enclosed environment. the events surrounding us are basically contaminating variables in an otherwise sterile timeline.
>>
>>46631930
>>46631930
Fair enough. I believe that the gist of what you were getting at was "Can you really affect the timeline, or are you simply an unexpected origin of variables that self-correct themselves to the prophecy?" The short answer is No, we cause immediate variances that are unknown, and are only observable by the Prophet through their symptoms. Supposedly, a sufficiently drastic change in causality caused by us would shift events away from the otherwise inevitable conclusion.
>>
>HURR ALMIGHTY LITTEL GURL

Dropped. Y'all need better plot twists.
>>
>>46632084
Are these to her hitherto unpredicted powers still impossible for her to predict now that they've entered the context of her knowledge of Causality?
>>
>>46632157
Yes, she is unable to detect their presence as a whole, and only knows about them because of their absence in her vision. She is completely unable to see the player from the other setting.
>>
>>46632350
Is the prophet around to answer your questions?
>>
>>46632590
No, she's taken a Hands off stance. What we've learned is what we know.
>>
>>46633610
Is she hoping the world ends so she won't have to reincarnate endlessly?
>>
>>46633775
No, she would rather avert the disaster.
>>
>>46633818
Then spank dat ass into gear. Hell, I bet she's just bored or melancholic due to a predicted life being too predictable. This may be the first time ever she can experience the thrill of a true adventure: she doesn't know what'll happen, and if she dies it might actually stick. Spank that ass into shape and take her on a wild ride to save the world!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.