[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2510) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2510
Malifaux General: I can't find the old OP edition.

What Wave 3 model do yall want the most? I really need Hayreddin and Big Jake.
>>
Dead game with a dead thread.
>>
>>46630754
There's just not much to discuss since there aren't preset lists and so many possible combinations of scenarios.
>>
>>46630754
in my city it's got a decent following but i guess unlike 40k there isn't a huge following because it's about characters and the game isn't that big
>>
>>46629962
Those the corrupted hounds? They look nice
>>
>>46629962
I'm still waiting on Jaakune Ubume from wave 2. We don't even have an ETA.

All the other models I've been able to pick up older metal ones, except her.
>>
Mostly just Anna, though I won't get her until I've assembled and painted more of my dudes.

Gotta attach those leaves to my bushwackers.
>>
File: Colette nu Bois.png (369 KB, 392x900) Image search: [Google]
Colette nu Bois.png
369 KB, 392x900
I've just 'started' playing - as in I haven't played an actual game yet, but I'm painting my crew and the local club has a handful of dudes that play.
Picked the Smoke And Mirrors [Colette] box up.
Any recommendations on where to go from here, or best schemes etc.?
I know she's a teleporter rather than a big hitter straight out of the box - will I have an easier time picking up the game if I keep going down that path and get something (fluff and crunch) in-theme, like Coryphee, or something straightforward like Howard Langston or Rail workers (or their respective boxes, anyway)?
>>
>>46632128
Get the Ramos box. Prompt from Colette+Howard or Joss is just mean. Hitters are more important for colette anyway, she's got the sneaky scheme game mostly on lock as it is with her box.
>>
>>46632128
Coryphees, obviously. the mechanical rider is good too for a beatstick.
>>
File: Colette old Bois.png (152 KB, 280x577) Image search: [Google]
Colette old Bois.png
152 KB, 280x577
>>46632128
Damn that was a clunky final sentence.

Also, Colette's art character art was way nicer in the previous edition that the current box set, even if the model now is far better.
>>
>>46632938
>>46633456
Thanks guys, you've been a great help. No but rly, thanks.

I like the idea of playing a more thematic crew, and The Hooker Squad and Spiderman seems a bit odd, whereas THS and the Johns seems a bit more sensible...
>>
>>46633537
The model now is shit. I mean, compared. I love everything about the old metal showgirls, the new ones look just dull and drab in comparison.
>>
Relative noob here.
So, I just picked up the Ophelia box and a box of basic Bayou Gremlins. Oh, and a deck of cards, too. What else is recomended?
>>
>>46634182
To start, that's all you really need. Play a few games with the box and start to learn the crew. When you want to start expanding, I'd look at the Som'er Box, McTavish, and some slop haulers. Those are a good core of most gremlin crews, and will help you as you expand.
>>
>>46634276

I second So'mer mostly for Lenny. He's great in so many Gremlin lists, and Ophelia's 0 can drag him toward he for easy Thinkin Luck triggers.

Merris might not be a bad choice too for defense and deck manipulation.
>>
Are there any universal mercenaries like Johan, which are worth a try? I'm a resser player if it helps.
>>
>>46636809
Chiaki > Johan for Ressers imo
Bishop might have some potential with Seamus
Trappers or McTavish if you need a dedicated sniper
Hannah is supposedly good with Tara
Killjoy is good with Horror Molly
Performers with McM for more quasi-expunges
>>
>>46629962
Carrion Emissary. I have a feeling that it's going to be an auto-include for me.
Anna for countering some Neverborn/Resser lists
The Forgotten Marshal and Hayreddin might have some potential, but they don't really look like must-haves for me.
>>
>>46637082
Hannah doesn't help Tara in Ressers because Hannah's bury upgrade is outcast only. I do recommend Killjoy for Resser Tara though.
>>
File: mastersxfactions.jpg (648 KB, 1998x1590) Image search: [Google]
mastersxfactions.jpg
648 KB, 1998x1590
>>
>>46637627
Hannah can still copy Pine Box in Ressers, and that's way stronger than paying for her upgrade anyway.
>>
>>46640151
True.
>>
I'm new to Malifaux and I just finished reading the rules. Bought some models last week and patiently waiting for them.

I have some questions with what models people generally take in games:

It seems like you're very limited to what you should or can take- The Masters seem to have very set goals with what they want to do. For example Kaeris wants to set things on fire. But how would buying a Bear or Monkey be good in a game with her?

I guess I'm asking is the pigeon holing legitimate or am I supposed to be more eclectic with masters?
>>
>>46640151
And being buried by a Wp 8 model ain't no joke
>>
>>46640455
Not everything in the list needs to tie into the Master's theme. Sometimes you take things to fill out roles that are needed. The Slateridge Mauler or Cojo might not contribute fire for Kaeris, but they could offer a big meat stick to help push things in where her fire can't.
>>
>>46640455
Yes and no. Some factions are worse about it than others (Arcanists are probably have the most dividing lines between what is and isn't good between masters, while Ressers probably has the least). It depends on how your master can use what they have, and if you really want to use stuff outside of the core you can usually find a way to make it work.
>>
>>46641115
Surely there's a clear winner when it comes to the bear or monkey though- and then even ontop of that something I didn't mention.

I don't mean taking Anti-Synergy but lets say for example you wanted to build a Kaeris list that wouldn't be about setting people on fire and take another route- what would you do?

(I won't be doing this, Im just wondering what my options are)
>>
Someone explain to me Soulstones?

Here's how I understand it-
You declare the match Soulstone Total. For example 50.
You then check what your master's cache is and buy more until you have 7 total.
So if I had 4 in a cache I would buy 3 leaving me with 47 points to spend on models?

Then those 7 points are to last me all game?
>>
>>46643192
Im wondering this too.

I have Seamus starter and The Drowned and im wondering if I did the math correctly:

Seamus: 0 (+4 for Soulstone Cap)
Copycat Killer: +3
Rotten Belle: +5
Madame Sybelle: +8
Total: 30

The Drowned: +6
Total: 18

Complete Total: 48
>>
>>46643192

You purchase a crew up to the maximum game size, and any points/stones left over are added to your master's cache up to a maximum of 7. You don't have to start with max cache, but it will depend on the master (e.g. summoners with suit-dependent summons will often want a large cache simply because it mitigates having to have a high card with the particular suit they're looking for). As a good rule of thumb 5 stones are so is a decent cache size until you get a better idea of how much your master is using.
>>
>>46642995
Its easier for some masters over others to alter play with their upgrade cards. Kaeris is stuck in her role, she sets shit on fire and can support her models that are on fire. While models like the Dreamer play completely different depending on their upgrades; the Dreamer can sit back and summon models and heal his crew, or he can play more aggressively and bring in Lord Chompy Bits much quicker than normal.
>>
>>46631043
June for Jaakuna according to...a website. Someone posted a link in one of the old threads and they'd posted the estimated released for up until August-ish.
>>
>>46629962
Anybody played through the breach?
>Anybody got any green text stories from their games of through the breach?
>>
>>46629962
Lone Marshall. No question.

The guy just seems like a blast to play.
>>
>>46643432
Or just run Levi with Tally Sheet and Hodgepodge Effigy.

Just get back the soulstone you spent and cycle out your shit cards.
>>
>>46647193
Forgotten marshal? Lone marshal was wave 1.
>>
>>46646783
Speaking of, anyone got Into the Steam pdf?
>>
Just started playing, this came up;

A model is engaged by another model. It declares the use of its first action to walk out of combat. The enemy model makes a disengaging strike, succeeds and the model cannot leave combat.

Can the model declare its second action to attempt to walk out of combat again?
>>
>>46648173
Yes, model can try to disengage as long it has AP to spend. For example, a master got 3 APs so he/she could try it three times.
>>
>>46648173
Yes, the disengaging strike only stops the movement it's declared against, you can try to walk away with as many ap as you have.
>>
>>46646783
I've run a couple. I've just been running the modules so far though, so nothing too interesting. Once my new campaign gets moving I should have more though. So far my PCs are:
-Ghost Eater with a giant Guandao, descended from the original ghost eaters and lured into Malifaux by Yan Lo for nefarious reasons
-Spanish Socialite Medium who sees the souls of her knightly ancestors.
-Ex-Pinkteron equivalent Guard who's seen some shit and done a lot more shit. Ridiculously tough to kill.
-Monster Hunting Engineer, determined to make the best tools to kill the various monstrosities of Malifaux, then sell them.
>>
>>46648232
>>46648244

Perfect, thank you!
>>
>>46646783
the PC's in my latest game were;
An actor who had a disguise and persona fit for every occasion.
A gunslinger who spent most of the time in a perpetual state of drunkenness who could still fuck everyone's shit up.
A graverobber who raised the dead with a harmonica and liked to make puppets.
A former carpenter with an axe and an attitude problem who just would not die.
It was an interesting few games but the group ended up falling apart, I miss it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.