[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1457347628774.jpg (133 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1457347628774.jpg
133 KB, 640x800
Considering your RPG bookshelf, what's the ratio of games you've played versus games you've only ever read?

Mine's about 1:5 (played:only read).

Bonus question: do you buy RPGs just to read them, with no expectation of ever playing them?
>>
>>46629719
Total games played ~10
Total books owned ~40

I really do want to play but it's really hard to find a group that will try a non-D&D game.

>tfw you will never be part of an AFMBE, GURPS, or DCA game unless you GM it

JUST
>>
>>46629777

Total games played ~20
Total books owned ~156

So many bizarre, obscure, or just under appreciated games. So no one to play with.
>>
>>46629719

1:1

I don't keep games I'm not going to play, because I'm not a compulsive hoarder.
>>
>>46629719
Dude, at this point I have absolutely no idea how many RPGs I've read and never used. I've been browsing /tg/ for about six years and I've read tons of indie homebrews that have been posted in threads, and I've downloaded and then later deleted countless more. I've only ever played World of Darkness, D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, Paranoia, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and Rogue Trader.
>>
>>46629719
game played: ~8
books owned: 0
>>
Oh this is a good one.

0:5

Yeah. Small town. 0:7 if you count my homebrew stuff that I haven't been able to play test, which I don't.
>>
>>46630161
>8:0
Winner of the thread. This man is a parasite but his seed will persist where others will die out.
>>
>>46630217
I might add that I'm a GM, if you find this surprising.
>>
>>46629719
>Considering your RPG bookshelf, what's the ratio of games you've played versus games you've only ever read?

Man... like 1 to 10. For the past 10 years, I've lived in the country and worked a job with irregular days off so it's virtually impossible to join an ongoing game. Instead, I DM 1 shots of D&D (because everyone already knows the system) and head into the city to play Warmachine or MTG when I get the chance.

But I have a shitload of books and continue buying more.

>Bonus question: do you buy RPGs just to read them, with no expectation of ever playing them?

Most I read for fun and inspiration for my other games.
>>
File: FINE.jpg (657 KB, 741x1612) Image search: [Google]
FINE.jpg
657 KB, 741x1612
>>46629719
For physical books owned, probably 1:2 for played:owned, owning probably 30-40 books of maybe 9 different games total.

If you include my expansive PDF collection, it's probably closer to 1:50.
>>
>>46630337
>Most I read for fun and inspiration for my other games.
This too. I love to create homebrew material. I've made dozens of small systems and napkin games over the years and I always add something to games I run -- there's always something that I feel needs changing or adding. I like to read rulebooks just to find interesting mechanics to steal, and mash them together for my own stuff.
>>
My wish is to whittle down my ratio from 1:4 to 1:2 before I die. Every game can be a one-shot if you prepare!

>Changeling the Lost one-shot
>okay, maybe not
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.