[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Characters you've always wanted to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1457483459895.png (65 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1457483459895.png
65 KB, 247x247
Characters you've always wanted to play.

Hopilite foot soldier/merc who's not just looking for the next battle but trying to become a philosopher.

Old man who used to be crew on a ship until a mutiny went wrong and he was on the wrong side.

A electrician in a metro 2033 setting.
>>
I never take frogposters earnestly.
>>
>>46624074
An older man who has grown adventurer children.
His wife died of old age and he's going out to kick the bucket in glorious fashion, like the 'good old days'.
He carries a sketch of his family that he never. Ever. Shuts up about.
>>
>>46624100
It was that or the machine spirits humping each other.
>>
Old Man Henderson. Killing fools everywhere
>>
>>46624074
>Bard who dreams of someday becoming a politician, but lacks the class and education to do so. >Secretly he wants to rule more than anything, and is willing to go to great lengths to get the power he craves.

DM understandably doesn't allow evil characters, I really feel like this character would need to be some form of evil. I also wouldn't want to run this character in a campaign where he couldn't achieve his goals.
>>
Since I started looking at Dark Sun 2e, I rolled up a Jezst Gladiator, and now I want to play the fuck out of him.

Got Molecular Agitation as my wild talent, so I figured he finished opponents off by burning their skulls off their heads while they're still alive.

Like, Mortal Kombat shit.

Seems so stupid, but god damn if it doesn't seem awesome in play.
>>
>>46624216
"Yeah, my son just graduated Paladin trainin....if only his mother were here to see the exceptional man he has become.."
He says to the much younger adventurers who just roll their eyes

I can dig this
>>
>>46624074
I've always wanted to play as a floating head.
>>
I want to play an Evil character that genuinely cares about his/her family and inner circle. I'll probably never do it because I like to play the knight in shining armor too much, but it's something I think would be interesting. Evil doesn't mean stupid douchebag, usually.
>>
>>46624074
"Soul of a swordsman trapped inside his sword as the result of a curse." But without the whole second swordsman who wields it. The character is just the sword.
>>
A self-loathing cyborg who is basically an empty suit of armor.
On a more positive note, a Gungan scoundrel, grave robber and "amateur archaeologist".
>>
>>46625419
I'm just never sure quite how to play up the evil without being a dumb, hypocrite idiot.

I don't love
>the fanatic
>the sociopath
>the selfish ass
>the sadist
as archetypes, and I dunno. I have a bit of a hard time seeing where to find the sweet spot. Showing disregard for the wellbeing of others is just kind of confusing to me. It usually feels so...unnecessary. I just start think to myself, why am I even doing this?

I guess I kind of like the man of honor as a concept. Somebody super involved in their own pride to the point where they just fuck people up over real or imagined insults. Kinda like the crime lord from true detective season 2, if anyone's familiar.
>>
File: 1459798285508_20160408_204346.jpg (29 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1459798285508_20160408_204346.jpg
29 KB, 500x331
>>46625445
Easy way to overcome this is to have the sword control the person who hold it against the host's will. Added fun of host freaking out if (s)he is disarmed. Add more fun if the party likes swordbro more and try to trick/force the host into touching the sword again.
>>
>>46625502
Well, the archetype I have in mind is 'These people that I care about matter, but your needs and wants are wayyyy far down compared to their needs and wants. If I have to trample on you to please them, so be it.' They wouldn't go out of their way to do Evil things, but Evil is no object to them -- if it makes them or theirs happy or helps them, it's getting done no matter who has to suffer, because those other people don't REALLY matter. If I wanted, I could play it up as racism, that people outside of their 'in-group' literally don't matter because they aren't people so anything they do is just, but that seems wrong somehow.
>>
>>46624100
Do you take them sincerely?
>>
i wanna play a halfling rogue who starts an organized crime syndicate/drug ring in a medieval fantasy setting
3 foot trap lord
>>
File: hurloon minotaur.jpg (173 KB, 1045x764) Image search: [Google]
hurloon minotaur.jpg
173 KB, 1045x764
>>46624074

I've been interested in playing a cleric of some war god who got too old to die in combat and went blind. But, because they were such a bro for this god, the god grants them sight, but only during combat, so that they can earn a death in battle.
>>
File: 1451289574879.jpg (967 KB, 850x1322) Image search: [Google]
1451289574879.jpg
967 KB, 850x1322
I wana play a "white mage" of some sort... like a wizzard focused on healing, life magic, and/or dealing with spirits... but WITHOUT all the baggage of gods and religion.

Shame my group pretty much only plays DnD/Pathfinder where that's pretty much impossible without being a cleric or a druid, healing is generally sub-optimal to the point of actually hurting the team or being completely unnecessary, and dealing with spirits normally just consists of a Paladin smiting them with extreme prejudice. (Plus there's not really much room in a campaign for a guy who's dealing with lost spirits and such unless that's the entire focus of the campaign.)
>>
>>46624074
Mad scientist that gave herself lightning powers.
Stuck GMing and don't want to DMPC.
>>
>>46625502
Try "the selfish not quite ass".

He is in it for his own goals, yes. But it doesn't mean he is a soulless robot and he may as well like people he's working with.

Rather than sociopathically doing random evil, /suggest/ less than moral ways of doing things.
Play bad cop good cop routine with the paladin.
Be the guy that knows a guy that can get them what they want bypassing the authorities.
>>
>>46625502
I played a Lawful Evil Goliath paladin who basically just went around being a fascist without the racism.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.