[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sort of historical tweaking would be needed to make For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: For Honour.jpg (95 KB, 804x452) Image search: [Google]
For Honour.jpg
95 KB, 804x452
What sort of historical tweaking would be needed to make For Honour a viable (and fairly even) setting?

> Geography (obviously)
> Availability of siege weaponry to Vikings
> Development of Viking arms and armour
> How would the faiths interact in the setting? Historically the spread of the Christian faith was prolific.
> What's the main reason behind the conflicts?
>>
>>46620407
Remove Vikings entirely because they are so fucking out of place there compared to high medieval knights and samurai.

Replace them with a culture actually on the same level, like Sipahi, Mamluks, Mongols, etc.
>>
File: 1373462050200.jpg (10 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1373462050200.jpg
10 KB, 200x303
>>46620466
>implying samurai are on par with medieval knights
>>
>>46620466
>Mongols, Mamluks

Sure, that faction wouldn't be fucking broken or anything.
>>
File: 1458879492303.jpg (171 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
1458879492303.jpg
171 KB, 800x451
>>46620466
>pretending that knights v. samurai is more balanced and appropriate than knights v. viking
Samurai wouldn't stand a chance against the 12th-13th century-based knights in For Honor, nor would they stand a chance against the platonic ideal of the media's "viking," considering how rare an actual historical model of that would be beyond the Jomsvikings or the Varangians.
>>
>>46623082
To be fair, in this scenario the tech levels would even out fairly quickly as the factions interacted with each other.
>>
>>46623868
But then you just have knights vs knights vs Knights.
>>
>>46623082
I think he's talking about the social position of being a noble warrior class, about the common soldier

which many vikings largely were but plebs don't know that I guess.
>>
>>46620407
???

What

Just create a setting that puts all of those things together however you like

You don't need to edit history

Stop your autism
>>
>>46623971
You'd still have the cultural differences, they'd just all be using armor and weapons at the same tech level.
>>
>>46624039
the fuck is happening in this gif
>>
>>46620626
>>46623082
I can't wait to troll people like you with the samurai faction, it's going to be glorious.
>>
File: The day is saved.jpg (71 KB, 640x955) Image search: [Google]
The day is saved.jpg
71 KB, 640x955
>>46628140
New superman movie from a couple years ago or so. That's Clark's dad that is sacrificing himself in a 'noble' scene. He doesn't want clark to save him from it because then "the peoples might see you" and for some reason clark can't sneak out the back take his shirt off and use it as a mask save him and disappear off to somewhere else with him. So it's the noble sacrifice that's on par for stupidity as Uncle Ben's CHOCOLATE MIIIIIIIILK. Then later in the superman does everything he can to save the city from being destroyed except the one thing he needs to do to save it until the last minute and millions are dead, after engaging in fist fights that knock dozens of skyscrapers down on people and probably with some still inside. This is a few of the reasons why the movie gets so much shit being called "Man of Murder" it's summed up pretty well in this picture.
>>
>>46620407
Does the factions each have bonuses in game?

Like Vikings being able to berserk or Samurai being able to cut through anything because of 1000x folded puer nipon steel
>>
>>46628315
It's a game anon. Of course it's going to be balanced, it isn't sriving to be historically accurate.
>>
>>46623082
>nor would they stand a chance against the platonic ideal of the media's "viking," considering how rare an actual historical model of that would be beyond the Jomsvikings or the Varangians.
Remove viking, acquire Varangian, problem solved. We get le manly viking for the fanboys, while also getting the East Roman Empire involved for the patricians.
>>
>>46628445
Superman is trying to stop the fucking aliens to commit mass human genocide by suddent terraformation (or kryptonformation in this case)
>>
>>46628542
Might want to wait for the game's release to get that sort of info, what I know is there's 3 faction, with each with their own specialty, I think there's 4-5 classes for each faction that are roughly equivalent to each other but play differently enough to be unique. All factions have grills, but I haven't seen the Warborn's/Viking's girl yet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.