[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Tides Quest 8: Sirnath Used Surf!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14
File: Unknown.jpg (9 KB, 359x140) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
9 KB, 359x140
>The Unkown

“We’re headed to the unkown.” You state, moving to the bridge. “Relay instructions accordingly.”

“Aye, sir.”

Heading up, you at the lurking hulk ahead of you. The massive forcastle belays a low aft deck, one riddled with cargo pallets. There, you see a mass of cargo, hopefully ripe for the taking. The ship was apparently deserted, with davits swung out indicating that boats had been launched, but other than that you didn’t see anything. Ordering your yacht closer, you whistled- this thing was huge. Your yacht was maybe sixty meters long, and fourteen across. This monster was three hundred long, seventy-five across, and as you crossed downwind of it, you discovered it reeked of decaying flesh. Your warriors were on the fordeck, gearing up with that fatalistic laughter you had begun to associate with them getting ready to fight. Behind them, a group of neophytes who must have snuck over from the Carolina huddled, pooling their meagre weapons and prayers.

>Warriors +5
>Faith Check: FAIL

You’re not sure as to their durability or ability, but hell, a little extra meat to shield the ground pounders was always appreciated. Getting ready to board, you breathed in and out. Time to fuck shit up. The only question was, how?

>Imperial Guard Style
>Varangian Style
>Dutch Style (Defense bonuses, in exchange for lowered melee attacks)
>>
>>46619008
>>Dutch Style (Defense bonuses, in exchange for lowered melee attacks)
I'm not sure we can afford Imperial Guard style anymore, since there's a whole slew of potential options for leader back at the island.
Good to see this quest.
>>
File: Black Water I.jpg (8 KB, 278x182) Image search: [Google]
Black Water I.jpg
8 KB, 278x182
TWITTER
https://twitter.com/RadhoUruz
PASTEBIN
http://pastebin.com/u/0WarWolf
ARCHIVES
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=WarWolf
MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpvUqzPixAU
>>
>>46619128

Thanks!
>>
File: Oakeshott_types.png (187 KB, 667x802) Image search: [Google]
Oakeshott_types.png
187 KB, 667x802
Refrence Pic
>>
File: Neiblwerfer.jpg (74 KB, 625x421) Image search: [Google]
Neiblwerfer.jpg
74 KB, 625x421
More reference pics
>>
>>46619008
>>
>>46619008
>>
File: Your Collective Situation.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Your Collective Situation.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
Pic of OP when we don't get much activity...
>>
Also, writing

>Dutch Style

in ten minutes. LAST CALL
>>
File: 243 (2).jpg (50 KB, 386x276) Image search: [Google]
243 (2).jpg
50 KB, 386x276
EAGLE SHIT A SHIT

GODDMAN UNEXPECTED PLANING
>>
>>46620379
What's up, wolf? Something on your mind?
>>
File: Boyscout.jpg (15 KB, 120x353) Image search: [Google]
Boyscout.jpg
15 KB, 120x353
>>46620536

Eagle Scout Court of Honor prep. Think grad party with more tan blouses, olive pants, and pain in the ass tradition. Worst part is that my girlfriend is a Venturer, and thus obligated to show up in their even shittier uniform which is the GREATEST cockblocker known to man.

Pic is my pain in the ass uniform, with 300% less dangly shit and patches than I get to wear.
>>
File: venturescout.jpg (4 KB, 120x171) Image search: [Google]
venturescout.jpg
4 KB, 120x171
>>46620536

And then there's HER uniform, which is a bitch and a half to adjust, uncomfertable as fuck, made of fucking raincoat, and the GREATEST COCKBLOCKER KNOWN TO MAN.

Seriously, had a friend who went from C to DD in the boobs, and getting her uniform to fit that was a nightmare. I needed to use my Viking jus to get the stitches in.
>>
>>46620677
Yikes. At least you know how to use a map and compass.
>>
>>46620733

Bitch, please. I have been to fucking Philmont, with my trek starting three days after some poor fucker died in a flash flood.

We didn't go to New Mexico those two weeks. We went to New Vietnam.
>>
>>46620771
There we fucking go then. All i heard from the local scouts were that they were a bunch of basketweaving poofs, but it sounds like you got the genuine light infantry experience. As an aside, is there a rule that you can't visit a tailor for those uniforms?
>>
>>46620840

No, genuine Light Infantry would be Rayado, which is the 21-day foot wrecker. I did 65~ miles in 14 days. There is one trip that is, for comparison, 120 miles in 14 days.

And I'm from Michigan, so I also got to play chicken with Altitude. Mt. Philips was awesome, though.

As for uniforms, we have better things to throw monies at. Like building flamethrowers and trebuchets, only one of which was built with the adults knowing. Guess which!
>>
File: I404.jpg (241 KB, 1579x900) Image search: [Google]
I404.jpg
241 KB, 1579x900
Probably not appearing here...
>>
File: Caroleans.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Caroleans.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
>Dutch Style

Boarding, you made certain sure that your warriors were in tight, disciplined drill order. You wanted to do this so well you could write the book, damnit, and if that meant you were going to march the boys out in a line like some goddamn British Regulars, then they’d better well do it. Advancing down the flat deck, you heard a rustling, followed shortly by Joan sneezing behind you. Why you thought she would stay on the other ship like a sensible person…

“Contact, center line. 35 of them, sir.” Your sergeant said, grimacing. “At least with the greenies they’re not taking our flanks.”

“There is that, sergeant.” You said, quietly. “Let them come to us, carefully.”

>LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS CHECK: 10. Obvious fail is obvious.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!” one of your new recruits yelled, drawing all the infected in a mistaken attempt to boost moral. It certainly was boosted when the sergeant belted him upside the head with a truncheon she had gotten somewhere, and he nursed his head until the enemy started charging.

>Party Ranged: 30
>Zombies Melee: 22
>Warriors Melee: 27-5=22
>Party Melee: 22-5+5=22
>Results: 14 dead zombies, 1 heavy casualty, 3 light casualties.
>Command Check: 11+9=20
>>
File: New Uniform.jpg (635 KB, 1600x1614) Image search: [Google]
New Uniform.jpg
635 KB, 1600x1614
“Hold it together!” you yelled, leaning over the battle line to chop zed that got too close. Pulling Saratoga out of one particularly thick skull, you grinned. “Rotate the wounded to the back, and keep advancing! We have them now!”

>Zombies Left: 22
>Zombies: 17
>Warriors: 18-5-1=12
>Party: 21-5+5=21
>Results: 8 dead zombies, 2 heavy casualties, 4 light casualties.
>Command Check: 25+9=31

As you yelled and howled, your troops roared and pushed back into the masses. Rotating out your wounded had weakened your battle line, but your personal ferocity that put you in the front rank more than made up for the rest of your issues. Smiling, you decided now was an excellent time to break out a little bit of old Oppa Touri’s Finnsh Drunk Removal to the situation.

“Hakkaa päälle!”

“Hakkaa päälle!!!”

Now THAT was the spirit!

>Zombies Left: 14
>Zombies: 18
>Warriors: 33 -5-3+2=27
>Party: 22+5-5=22
>Result: 14 dead zombies, 3 light casualties.

>ENCOUNTER RESULTS
>35 dead zombies, 3 Heavy casualties, 9 Light Casualties. +60XP Warriors, +25 Full Crew.

Panting, you grinned. “How we all doing here?”

The muttered responses back were not encouraging. Sighing, you thought about what to do next. The badly wounded would go back to the Arroschere posthaste, but after that, you had to think.

>Tallent Check: Pass!

You were fairly sure that was the only major group of zombies, and Joan was still going off like a lightbulb that had won the lottery. Choices time…

>Leave Unknown Vessel and Abandon
>Press On
>Rest (May trigger Random Event)
>>
Badass Music for Awesome Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHKn1JYHcA
>>
>>46621527
>>Rest (May trigger Random Event)
Bandage the wounded and pray for the dead. This is where we prove our worth, in combat.
>>
>>46621580

There were no fatalities on your side, fortunately. The worst of the wounded are getting medivacked now to the Arroschere, and if the Carolina gets a Medical Facility from a Modify roll, then they will get moved there.
>>
>>46621619
Oh good. In that case,
>Press on!
>>

REALLY wanted to get to meeting Joan's sister soon, if only because then I can stop mangling the French Language. I can feel the Parisian Disdain all the way in Detroit, right now.
>>
>>46621527
Search the unknown! Find out who it is and what it was carrying. We can cannibalize it for parts and necessary equipment.

Like seriously. We should be grabbing every radar set we can off of any derelict we encounter. We aren't getting any spare parts from the factory anymore.
>>
>>46621780

Or just take the boat wholesale. Because you all got stupid lucky when an Oil Rig Tender got randomly picked. The Modification Potential on these things is retard-levels of huge. I'm fairly certain with enough Engineers you could turn one into the Langley 2.0
>>
>>46621780
And the oily water separator, and the water purifiers... Pretty much leave every contaminated vessel a floating hulk. We've got a rather large vessel now and we need to take care of it.
>>
File: Z-Drive_side_view[1].png (46 KB, 900x480) Image search: [Google]
Z-Drive_side_view[1].png
46 KB, 900x480
>>46621820
Wait, we have an OSV?

Hm. Yeah, grab it and make it our new flagship. It's a lot faster and more manuverable than either a yacht or a cargo ship. Those don't have Z-drives.
>>
>>46621825

You realise that the LandFort is supposed to support you guys, right? Part of your job is relieving population pressures on them, while they store those unfit to salvage and raid. Think of them as population banks while you upgrade the fleet.
>>
>>46621527
>>Rest (May trigger Random Event)
>>
>>46621892
I don't mean the population. I mean the equipment. The last thing we need is for a critical piece of equipment to break down in the middle of the empty ocean. Or for our radar to suddenly break when we need to go into an island chain.

We can't just put to port and have the parts overnighted from Japan anymore. We need to have a stockpile already built up.
>>
Also, can we get some more votes? I see one for Rest and one for Press On.
>>
>>46621881
And for those that don't know what a Z-drive is: long story short this baby can go sideways just as fast as it can go forwards. It can literally sail circles around ships that are only slightly bigger than it is.
>>
>>46621968
Press on.
No rest for the wicked.
>>
>>46621527
Press on. We need to know everything we can about this new OSV.
>>
Writing for PRESS ON.

Also, I need to make NPC sheets for Joan and Redacted-tan. Arg.
>>
Ace Combat OST is boss. Need to find an excuse to link in Razgriz theme sometime.
>>
File: Awakening.jpg (343 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
Awakening.jpg
343 KB, 500x706
>Press On!

It took more than a little work to get the warriors going forward, but you had ended the serious resistance in the massive battle at the stern of the ship. That done with, your warriors prowled it, stabbing and hacking many a loner into pieces. You and The Sergeant, who seriously needed a name soon, were having something even harder to do. You had to corral Joan, who was dying to get into the superstructure. Once she did, though, she drew a knife from… somewhere… and proceeded to kill everything that got in her way. Chasing desperately behind her, you watched her burst into a compartment, and then you stopped dead.

It was a tableu scene, you decided. Joan was holding onto a body sprawled across a bed, bawling her eyes out over the tattered dress that was on the alabaster woman there. The woman, presumably whoever Joan had come to find, was what at first looked to be unconscious, chest rising and falling steadily. Aproaching, your scavenged boots rang out on the decks, the ship tolling like a bell at your approach. Realizing for a brief second you still held your sword, you cleaned and sheathed it.

“You wanted me to find her, didn’t you.” You say to Joan. She just nodded.

“So, I take it you’re familiar with Sleeping Beauty?” More nods.

“Think it’ll work?”

A definite shake of the head now. Pulling out a small key, she placed it on her sister’s hands, wrapping the still fingers around them. Now, she gave you the thumbs-up, grinning. Going in for the kiss, you felt the cold lips against yours, warming slowly at your touch. For a brief second, you felt a spark, and then it was gone. Standing up, you smiled faintly as her eyes opened.

(CONT)
>>
File: Rouge.jpg (203 KB, 696x900) Image search: [Google]
Rouge.jpg
203 KB, 696x900
That smile went right the fuck away when she drew a 1911, stuck it under your jaw, and snared at you.

“Where the fuck is my sister!”

Joan tackling her legs and railing away in French fixed that issue quite nicely, and you sighed. You could handle the rest of this shit later- you needed a nap. Finding a bulkhead, you sat down and started to drift asleep.
>>
And that's for tonight, as my eyes may be starting to burn. Feel free to ask questions and scheme where I can see it for the next half hour.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.