[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we make up rules for them? since they havent recieved support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13
File: Blood_Ravens_logo-15232609.png (16 KB, 220x145) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Ravens_logo-15232609.png
16 KB, 220x145
Can we make up rules for them? since they havent recieved support since 4rth edition. I'll start.

Veterans of Ferrox Rift:
The Aurelian Blood Ravens Veterans consists of a 5 man squad of space marine veterans armed with bolters and chainswords and a champion.
Veteran: WS 4/BS 4/S4/T4/I4/A1/W1/LD10
Champion: WS4/BS4/S4/T4/I4/A2/W1/LD10

Zeal of the champion: When battling in a challenge, the champion adds one to its weapon, attack and initiative skills. It also gains the zealot ability for the remainder of it’s duel.
Gift’s of the armory:
Before entering battle roll a dice for each veteran and consult the table below to see with which close combat weapon they will be armed for the rest of the game. Then roll another dice to see with which kind of fire weapon they will be armed for the rest of the game.
Meele Weapons chart:
1. Sanguine chain-sword: Grants 1+ to wound.
2. Power Axe
3. Power Sword
4.Power Fist
5. Lightning-Claw
6. Thunder-hammer
Ranged Weapons chart:
1.Grav Pistol
2.Relic Bolter: Has special Issue ammunition.
3. Hellfire Bolt Pistol: Ignores cover/Has the instant death special rule
3. Plasma Pistol
4.Narthecium and Relic Pistol: Can only be taken once, if rolled more than once then roll again until you get a different result. Relic pistol has special issue ammunition.
5:Storm Bolter with special issued ammunition.
6. Combi-weapon: your combi ammunition it’s your choice.

Special Rules:
True Grit: All the fire weapons carried by the unit have the pistol special rule.
Gifts Of The Armory
Chapter Trait: Blood Ravens
Zeal of the champion.
>>
Deathwatch has rules for them.
>>
>>46616274
Only for Jensus Natorian and he is just a Lvl 2 librarian with Biomancy and special issue ammunition for 95 pts.
His rules are free online.
>>
File: 841339-dawn_of_war_2_super.jpg (38 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
841339-dawn_of_war_2_super.jpg
38 KB, 600x375
Kronus Veterans:
Units with the Kronus veteran rules have the preferred enemy rule against: Necrons, Orks, Tau, Eldar, Chaos and Daemons of chaos.
Furthermore Necrons are not allowed to use re-animation rolls when receiving wounds by a unit with this special rule.
Aurelian Veterans:
Units with this rule have the relentless special rule and preferred enemy and hatred rule against: Tyranids.
In addition you may re-roll your deep strike rolls for drop pods and terminators.
>>
File: 2015-09-27 11.28.52.jpg (7 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-27 11.28.52.jpg
7 MB, 6000x4000
>>
>>46616184

Chapter Traits actually mirror either the Ultramarines or Forge World's Exorcists. The Blood Ravens are pragmatists when it comes to war, so choose whichever tactics they deem best fit the situation.
>>
>>46616804
do you have the chapter tactics of the exorcistS?
I was also thinking on using the new incoming rules for the thousand sons altought I am not keen on using heresy.
>>
>>46618063

Just search "Forge World Chapter Tactics"

They're free online. But in short, Exorcists, because of their unknown origins and reputation for pragmatism, can use any Chapter Tactics of Vanilla Space Marines from the Space Marines Codex.
>>
>>46616184
>Before entering battle roll a dice for each veteran and consult the table below to see with which close combat weapon they will be armed for the rest of the game. Then roll another dice to see with which kind of fire weapon they will be armed for the rest of the game.
>Meele Weapons chart:

this is gonna be fuck off obnoxious to actually get all those bitz and magnetize. Also Hellfire auto wounds on a 2+, not instant death
>>
>>46616184
>Can we make up rules for them?

Sure

>Infantry units equipped with a heavy or salvo weapon gain Counter-Attack
>Infantry units equipped with Rapid fire or assault weapons and not equipped with Heavy or Salvo weapons gain infiltrate
>>
>>46616184
How are you going to represent their abundance of psykers?
>>
>>46616184
Nigga this retarded nonsense doesn't reflect the Blood Ravens at all. The shitload of equipment you get in DOW is a GAME MECHANIC, it isn't an actual reflection of the Blood Ravens army. The Blood Ravens would only differ from a Codex Chapter with Ultramarines tactics due to being able to take Librarians at a discounted price compared to other Chapters, or the ability to take a Librarian as a veteran sergeant for a Sternguard squad.

Your rules are over complicated nonsense that merely prove you haven't read anything about the Blood Ravens.
>>
>>46618697
>abundance of psykers

Source? Ive never read that they have an abundance of psykers, just that they place more emphasis on their libbies. Like Blood Angels that put more emphasis on their assault marines instead of having more assault marines than other chapters.
>>
>>46618733
Fucking autocorrect. Armory. Not army.
>>
>>46618739
Have you even READ their index astartes article?
>>
File: 6c4.gif (68 KB, 600x642) Image search: [Google]
6c4.gif
68 KB, 600x642
>>46618697
>>
>>46618739
>Source?
Literally read anything about them.
>>
May select special wargear items from any other Chapter's codex.
>>
>>46618739
>Ive never read that they have an abundance of psykers
>just that they place more emphasis on their libbies
And a librarian is what again?
>>
File: 2015-10-30 11.29.17.jpg (7 MB, 4000x6000) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30 11.29.17.jpg
7 MB, 4000x6000
>>46618733
These fuckers are supposed to represent the veteran units from DOW 2 which carry a bunch of special equipment. They are ment to represent that.
>>46618697
I have two special characters but I was saving them until relic or black library gave me an answer wether they are interested on my story or not.
>>
File: Blood_Ravens_Battle.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Ravens_Battle.jpg
484 KB, 1920x1200
>>46616184
Poor Blood Raves with Dawn of War in its current state, they have fall completely into obscurity, well it always seems like games workshops didn’t like them all that much
>>
>>46624426
Also Jonah Orion counts as NigaGurius!
>>
File: 2ela17d.jpg (52 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
2ela17d.jpg
52 KB, 330x500
>>46624435
Dude... Blood ravens are still more popular than all of forgeworld chapters, even more than Dark Templars.
These fuckers have a fan cult.
>>
>>46624477
>Dark Templars.
We are not Starcraft, man.

And for a chapter that popular they sure don't want to do anything with it. The DoW novelizations were very bad.
>>
>>46624646
Yeah for a chapter that’s quite popular and has a fan cult, Game workshop has hardly done anything with them, like if they were only a science project that ended up been more popular than expected but still just a science project for them
>>
The Librarius Conclave solves the old issue of not being able to represent their high incidence of psykers within a CAD
As for their actual tactics, they are described as favoring the use of Drop Pods and teleporters to precisely strike at enemy weak points or leaders, and relying on thorough battle planning (which is where the extra Librarians help). The game itself also mentions that the BRs are willing to use teleporters to a degree other chapters would not (i.e. teleporter Commander item, DoW2 Terminators can teleport during combat), and you Pod or teleport to go places most of the time you aren't fortifying a location in all the non-Risk campaigns

So stuff relating to Deep Strike, teleporters, and planning would be the stuff of BR CT. Hell, the Raven Guard decurion benefits are very BR-esque
>>
File: 1316909026713.png (33 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1316909026713.png
33 KB, 510x546
give individual characters the ability to purchase wargear from any human codex, including CSM.
>>
>>46624987
Just human?
>>
>>46624919
I think Star Phantoms could be a good fit. They can modify reserve rolls to represent planning and help with deep-strikes, and can get army-wide twin-linking for a turn.
>>
>>46624919
Did Steel Rehn not work in Soulstorm because it's a shit tactic or because Boreale didn't use it correctly?
>>
Make drop pods and terminators never scatter.
>>
File: Blood Raven, Ultra.png (153 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
Blood Raven, Ultra.png
153 KB, 533x533
>>46618739
Do you even Steel Rehn?
>>
>>46618697
Allow extra rolls for drop pods and teleporting units, to reflect their uncanny ability to predict when and where to strike
>>
Give librarians some things for free, freeing up points to buy more librarians. Make them 0-2 per slot for FOC users. Psychic power related relics. Special power list maybe.

Cheap infiltration for veteran/tactical squad.

Question is, what handicap will they recieve? Reduced heavy support?
>>
Chapter Tactics: Blood Ravens
Preordained Victory- Librarians with CT:BR may reroll failed attempts to cast powers from the Divination Discipline.

Teleport Assault- Units composed entirely of models in Terminator Armor with CT:BR do not scatter when deep striking. Once per game at the end of the movement phase, any number of units composed entirely of units in Terminator Armor with CT:BR may redeploy using the rules for deep striking.
>>
File: DeathWatchJensusNatorian.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
DeathWatchJensusNatorian.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
>>46624747
Well since when has GW made good and proper marketing decisions?
They finally got to release a Blood Ravens model thought.
>>
Allied Gift ability
>Blood Raven player can roll a 1d100, and anything higher than 70 grants him control of an ally vehicle if there are any present
>>
File: thaddeus.jpg (8 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
thaddeus.jpg
8 KB, 207x207
>>46616184
"Have any of you even heard of a 'Ferox Rift Crusade'?"
>>
>>46626016
Maybe it failed because he used it as a defence tactic while it sounds more of an offencive one
>>
File: marine_cyrus.jpg (2 MB, 2136x1200) Image search: [Google]
marine_cyrus.jpg
2 MB, 2136x1200
>>46636587
Well, the former was literally what it is: an aggressive defence mounted with drop pods deep striking into a pre-prepared area seeded with beacons. Beacons that are, naturally, for gameplay purposes, easily found and destroyed.

We know from DoW2 and Chaos Rising that the Blood Ravens lost, Boreale died, and three companies were wiped out, but there's no real information about how (or even to whom) they lost. The only hints within the games are a cryptic remark from Tarkus in CR about "a reversal of war", and an unused conversation between Martellus and Cyrus from Retribution's script and sound archives:

>9145791 The renegades sent to raze Argus were slaughtered? That is an unexpected fortune.
>9145792 Not all of them were renegades, Martellus.
>9145793 Many were faithful servants of the Emperor, simply following the orders of their Chapter Master.
>9145794 They had no reason to question him.
>9145795 I do not question the tragedy, but I am more concerned what the presence of xenos at Argus portends.
>9145796 It portends war. The defeat of a common foe merely leaves the stronger for you to deal with.
>9145797 The Kaurava Campaign taught me that much.
>9145798 Perhaps. But it may also portend opportunity.
>9145799 Two fatigued opponents are always preferable to one rested enemy.
>9145800 Possibly. If nothing else, Argus is dangerously close. We can hide here no longer.
>9145801 Gather our brothers. It is time to regroup with Captain Angelos.
>>
oohh ooohh ohhh pick me pick me *has hand eagerly raised in the air* PICK ME I HAVE AN IDEA! ooohh ohohhhhhh
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.