[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light or dark side?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: ..jpg (95 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
95 KB, 1280x640
Light or dark side?
>>
File: darth darth binks.jpg (71 KB, 801x1050) Image search: [Google]
darth darth binks.jpg
71 KB, 801x1050
>>46614036
Artificial distinctions put upon a blind force by the perceptions of two equally dogmatic and inflexible institutions.
>>
>>46614076
The Father, Son and Daughter.
>>
Jedi, because then i could have a yellow lightsaber and not just use the mandatory red.
>>
>>46614076
Says you. The Sith are inevitably evil. petty shits.
>>
>>46614036

Just "The Force," of which the Dark Side is a corruption.
>>
>>46614036
Whichever side lets me live life without having to do weird aescetic shit and also doesn't make small children run in fear at the sight of me.

I guess that's a grey-leaning Jedi then.
>>
>>46614036
Don't take a side? Why would I choose between to shitty options?
>>
>>46614123
And the Jedi turn a blind eye to gross injustice because it's wrong to get involved but don't stop short when it comes to fucking around in politics for their own beliefs. Order and stability are totally alright even when they come with generous heaps of stagnation and corruption.

The Jedi might get "slightly unstable" as their careers progress but at least they give a shit.

Both are batshit bugfuck crazy in their own special way.
>>
>>46614036
Light Side. I can almost guarantee you that nobody in this thread has the power of mind to control the Dark Side and will instead become its puppet, trying to become a true force user and balance both is even harder. At least being a Jedi will offer me a clear-cut path to self betterment.
>>
File: notto disu shittu.jpg (65 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
notto disu shittu.jpg
65 KB, 604x340
Lets get it on lads

probably dark cause I'm a selfish dick, just not retarded darkside
>>
>>46614191
>The Jedi might get "slightly unstable"

Sorry. Typo

The Sith might get "slightly unstable"
>>
>>46614204
pussy
>>
I don't want to hang out with either of those groups of weebs.

I'll just go found my own order, with blackjack, and hookers.
>>
>>46614204
>At least being a Jedi will offer me a clear-cut path to apathy and isolation.
>>
>>46614036
>He still believes in 'sides'

When did you realize that the light side and the dark side are merely reflections of the user's intent, /tg/?
>>
>>46614036
Which side has better defensive and healing powers?
The only dark-exclusive powers I know about are just damage, which I can personally live without since I get a lightsaber either way.
>>
>>46614267
>Implying it still isn't a clear-cut path to self improvement

I'll take my apathy, stability, wisdom and refined intellect over sacrificing myself to the Dark Side for power.
>>
>>46614253
your quest is dead, DEAADDDDDDDD
>>
>>46614281
Dark side was way better at protecting people.
It could even make other people (but not the user) completely invulnerable.
It was forced irony or some shit.
>>
>>46614285
Will there also be serious discussions?
>>
>>46614281
With Dark Side you get force lightning which is a nice non-lethal way to get someone out of the way. Jedi just hack chunks of people off.

>>46614285
And I'll take being able to give a shit about things and living a life over being a self righteous hypocritical monk.
>>
>>46614036
Jedi
>>
>>46614356
>Self righteous, hypocritical monk

A Jedi who truly believes that their way is the greatest is completely missing the point of being a Jedi, for that is a feeling of pride. This path is, however, far more stable and certain than those who follow the Dark Side, who are prone to self destruction or the warping of their own views over time.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x323
>>46614036
Hos about not joining a cooky religion or ideology and remain neutral?
>>
>>46614355
about padawan ass yes
>>
>>46614398
If that is true then the Jedi and Sith are so similar as to make no difference bringing us back to
>>46614076
>>
>>46614448
Incredibly similar, merely choosing a different side of the Force to reflect upon bringing about very objective differences in each. For one who wishes to be wise, intelligent and objective, the Light Side is certainly better. For one who wishes for power, ambition and change, the Dark Side is a better tool.

Any true Jedi or Sith should know the difference, and know that they choose their own path.
>>
>>46614291
Quest? I'm not following.

There was a star-wars with blackjack and hookers quest?
>>
>>46614496
and lewds yes
>>
A bounty hunter who dosen't hold to an extreme side of the force or some flawed ideology and just uses his powers to help be the best
>>
>>46614036

My side.

The Sith are too 'power for powers sake' for my liking, too willing to use mass death and fear as tools of control.

But the Jedi are just as bad. They abduct children and indoctrinate them to be loyal to the order and to feel nothing, not even empathy, while training them to be lethal space cops that answer to no one but themselves and have unilateral authority.

The Sith are clearly and obviously evil, but the Jedi are just a more subtle kind of monster. Both are too convinced of their own superiority and righteousness to be reasoned with, and give that all it takes to bring down the Sith is a single Jedi and all it takes to bring down the Jedi is a single Sith, neither is long term sustainable.

So crib some notes from both, try and forge your own path. Neither end of the spectrum is a healthy one.
>>
>>46614521
Never heard of it.

Maybe it's cause star wars stuff is universally bad.
>>
>>46614036
Both. Grey jedi are best jedi.
One is mad with power and the other restrains ones very emotions.
And as Jolee Bindo once said, love (or any other emotions) need not be a thing of the dark side. It can give power yet such power can be used for good

>"There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi."
>>
>>46614551
Ow the edge
>>
File: 1416617243511.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1416617243511.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
If I join the dark side, I'd just get backstabbed by every other asshole in the society.
If I join the light side, I have to do community service just to get some recognition.

I rather just be a drug dealer in space.
>>
>>46614662
I change my stance. I will follow the Ainsley Side, and show this uncultured galaxy the unstoppable taste of this fully seasoned and prepared gourmet dish.
>>
File: jabba kek.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jabba kek.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>46614662
>You DO want some deathsticks
>>
depends
If it were actually myself I would definitely rather be Light Sided as I'm a good person and SW is a setting with an objectively good morality, but if there weren't any consequences I'd totally be a Sith in like 4000BBY go study in Korriban and look for all kinds of Sith artifacts holocrons and tombs across the galaxy as I quest to bring myself ultimate power as my salvation from the shackles of reality, and plot to bring about the downfall of the Jedi order and total control over the galaxy with my established empire.
>>
>>46614531

Or do the sith see reality for what it really is. Living by realities code of conduct and not an artificial one?
>>
File: 1459882820726.jpg (99 KB, 791x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459882820726.jpg
99 KB, 791x1024
>>46614036
Light, because yellow lightsaber is best.
Now the Jedi order is extremely hypocritical and oblivious, but they will teach you restraint, control, and knowledge, which is especially important concerning the Force.

I would probably go rogue like Jolee Bindo and leave the Order, but I would never indulge in the Dark side. It's too easy to lose control and let your emotions take over. And I'd much rather be a humble force of righteousnes rather than an edgy faggot who dispenses ill-informed 'justice' across the galaxy.
>>
File: 1458440659574.jpg (146 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
1458440659574.jpg
146 KB, 500x562
>>46614844

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, papa bless.
>>
File: what the fuck did he just say.jpg (113 KB, 549x188) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck did he just say.jpg
113 KB, 549x188
>>46614844
>Living by realities code of conduct

this is some sort of Sith riddle isnt it?
>>
>>46614661
>star wars is bad

>edgy

Fuckin' millennials, not knowing how to use buzzwords.
>>
>>46614525
>He's mandolorian AND a jedi!
That's gay
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6 KB, 212x238
>>46614866
Jo was a bro. I miss his "I'm old" speeches.
>>
>>46614123
Reminder that the Jedi attempted to assassinate a political leader because of their religion.
>>
>>46614909

Living by survival of the fittest. I'm assuming.
>>
>>46614999
He really was.
My group was always Jolee and Bastilla, or HK and Carth/Mission, just to hear their banter.
>>
>>46614965
>talks about buzzwords
>millenials

Good job, bucko, you fucked up in every way imaginable.
>>
>>46614036
Light-side.

In the words of Kel'eth Ur
>"It's a lie. Fear is a lie. Passion, a lie. Fears gives temporary powers, and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid. One can purge fear when one stops grasping after power, after things, after life itself, and allows the Force to guide him."
>>
>>46615024
Reminder that said political leader was pulling the strings of both sides of a very costly war in order o usurp the Republic and create an Empire.
>>
Non canon now but there was a sith lord who amassed supreme powers, got wealthy as fuck and lived a quiet life in a space asteroid not taking shit but also not bothering people at all with stupid missions like conquer the galaxy or kill all the jedi.
>>
File: siege.jpg (1 MB, 2409x1287) Image search: [Google]
siege.jpg
1 MB, 2409x1287
The Dark Side is absolute evil and will always corrupt you if you dabble in it, that's the whole point of the saga.

You might as well ask "can I use the One Ring and still be a good guy?" because they're both the same thing in a different story.
>>
>>46614036
Well, I'd like to stay neutral, but my anger is too strong. Might as well use it to gain power.
>>
DARKSIDE OF FORCE VS LIGHT SIDE OF FORCE
>>
>>46615144
>gayass gandolf with his pink cape vs HEAVY METAL
>>
Light side, obviously.Jedi aren't without their pitfalls, but a vast majority of their failings involve moving towards the dark side unwittingly.

Serenity and stoicism aren't as immediately gratifying as spontaneity and emotional torque, but they lead to a better life in general. Why do I need to learn how to fry my legions of enemies with lightning, when I can live and think in a way that creates much fewer enemies over all? Why attach myself to temporary things when I can become part of an eternal living force that connects everything? Why let suffering empower me when I can achieve something much more meaningful by choosing not to suffer? Why choose to affiliate myself with a bunch of rage-prone cybernetic monstrosities and cackling space warlocks, when I can chill with a bunch of space monks that want to help people and preserve representative democracy?
>>
>>46615181
>HEAVY METAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjt6LGhHsI
>>
>>46615104
Something they only suspected and could never prove. They were literally following the central prophecy of their religion instead of finding evidence and played right into old prune face's trap because of it.
>>
File: nathan and dylan.jpg (102 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
nathan and dylan.jpg
102 KB, 1280x960
>>46615206
>>
>>46614036
>Actually using the term "Light Side"

Reminder that literally no one calls it that in the films and it's use is somewhere between mass hysteria and marketing guff.
>>
>>46615251
So what you're telling me is that the actual distinction is between the Force and the Dark Side? Not the Light and the Dark?
>>
>>46615298
Yeah, the Dark Side is like a mold in your fridge. Nobody would talk of "the clean part of the fridge", they'd just say "the fridge" and complain about how there's a mold that shouldn't be there.
>>
>>46615251
It's a term used multiple in the Force Awakens, at least, can't remember the others well enough to confirm or deny however.
>>
File: Pay_attention_now.jpg (39 KB, 485x487) Image search: [Google]
Pay_attention_now.jpg
39 KB, 485x487
>>46614281
>>
>>46615344
That's always how I've seen it. I've seen the original series so many times, I can't believe I did't pick up on that before.

I suppose that's what happens when you get exposed to the Prequels and extended universe basically at the same time as the originals.
>>
>>46615040
Anon, that was the point.
>>
>>46615251
To be fair, the only perspective in the films that the viewer gets is from laymen to whom it's all the same shit and don't know any better, or from Jedi who obviously are going to believe that the light side is the natural state of the force and that the dark side is a corrupted perversion of it.

Also, the vast majority of Jedi seen in the movies are either lying, manipulative pieces of shit, or are completely wrong about just about everything. I remain convinced that Vader actually did "bring balance to the force" by eliminating both extremist factions and leaving Luke to restart the whole thing fresh.
>>
>>46615345
So it took around a decade for the term to ferment, take root and then for J.J. Abrams to be put at the wheel before it was actually used in a film?
>>
>>46615220
They had some pretty hefty circumstantial evidence, if I recall. And were suspecting the head of the separatists to be a pretty highly placed spy in the chancellors office and all that.
>>
>>46615042
>Fear is a lie. Only when you do what we say will you follow THE TRUE force.
Sounds like a lie to me.
>>
>>46614036
>Revan using a reverse grip
I didn't know I could get triggered so hard by Star Wars.
>>
>>46615853
He's dead though, he only says what he says because he thinks it will make the Empire more successful.
>>
>Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
>Through passion, I gain strength.
>Through strength, I gain power.
>Through power, I gain victory.
>Through victory, my chains are broken.
>The Force shall free me.

I'm a fan of this philosophy. It's a shame those who wrote it, speaking so well of freedom and passion, turned out to be tyrannical assholes. I certainly don't believe in the degree to which the Jedi deny the essentials of their existence. Passion, both good and bad, is what makes us human (or fellow sapients, in the case of our various and sundry friends). Not just rage and hate but love, fellowship, joy, and satisfaction. I do not ascribe to serenity as a high good when happiness exists, even if sorrow comes with it.

I suppose that places me on the 'dark side'', but if that's what you'd call me for savoring life, living to the fullest, and wishing that others be allowed to be free of bondage and tyranny to attempt the same, well then I shall own the term without shame.
>>
>>46614036
Neither. I'm insensitive.
>>
>>46614103
>mandatory
Nigga
>>
>>46614142
This guy here gets it.
>>
>>46616086
The light side is just basic Buddhism. Hence all the meditation, self denial and such. The dark side is a caricature extreme used to get the point across.
>>
>>46614036
dark because helping people in rpgs is annoying

I have to help stupid people out of their own mistakes all day, I'm not going to do it in a video game or TT
>>
>>46616267
It's Taoism, with a sprinkling of Buddhism.
>>
>>46614036

Whatever side will allow me to hang out with Sheev. He seems a fun guy to be around.
>>
I wouldn't join the Sith as an organisation, but I lack the self control and apathy to become a Jedi. I'd most likely use the Dark Side as a quite emotional person, plus the Dark Side powers are much cooler. If given an opportunity to gain immortality and ultimate power I'd take it. I wouldn't be deliberately evil - I'd probably try to help people. But really neither group is very attractive.
>>
>>46615500
>I remain convinced that Vader actually did "bring balance to the force" by eliminating both extremist factions and leaving Luke to restart the whole thing fresh.

Huh that's actually ... really plausible now I think about it. Nice theory. Shame the post trilogy EU sort of shits on it oh wait that doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>46614036
i would make my own side and have all the powers and advantages of both the dark side and the light side without suffering any corruption or having to follow any rules
>>
File: Darth-Plagueis-Review.gif (103 KB, 642x250) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Plagueis-Review.gif
103 KB, 642x250
>>46616086
This one gets it.
>>
>>46618422
>>
>>46618450
>new-age feel good about every part of you bullshit

No thanks.
>>
>>46615251
Personally I'm ok with the Force being divided into a light and darkside, although that may just be because I've played so many Star Wars games where there are Force Powers that cost more or less depending on your alignment.
>>
>>46618471
Not denying something doesn't mean you have to like it.

You have to be able to accept your flaws before you can start to improve on them. Denying your flaws just makes them become worse.
>>
>>46614036
Dark Side.

Hotter chicks, more fun, cooler powers.
>>
>>46615906
Its because reverse grip is entirely, irrevocably, fucktarded on every level.
>>
>>46614183
What about big children?
>>
Light side at first. I can't really see myself going for the games and sadism that the sith love. Sure I'll be pretty cool with saving people and only using violence as a last resort, but the code and the council seem like things that would really get to me, even if I got a rather high rank in the Order.. Then I'd fuck a sith that isn't batshit crazy, get some old dead dude stuck in my head, and wonder why I didn't retire to Rishi to open a food stand and make a hobby of beating the piss out of people I pissed off before I retired who think I've gone soft and collecting their weapons as decorations for my shop.

wait that's my swtor character
>>
>>46614281
>>46614338
Jedi in the EU have Force healing which is extremely powerful and useful. Darkside users can access a similar ability but it only works when it's fueled by anger, hatred or other negative emotions. Darth Vader tried it once in an attempt to heal his injuries but it failed once he happily realized it was working. Yes that's from a now non-cannon novel but It still happened.

>>46614356
>Jedi just hack chunks of people off.
What is mind trick?
>>
It's kind of ironic that the Dark Side is the bad side and the Light Side is the good one, at least given the fact that the whole system is based on Taoism.
>>
>>46618590

I second. Acknowledgement is the first step towards self-improvement, and does not preclude embracing it.

The shittiest people I know are the ones who lack any form of introspection, who externalize everything that happens to them without acknowledging they are products of their own shitty behavior, and seem incapable of understanding the scope of their own hypocrisy.
>>
>>46618701
And the fact that the Jedi tried committing omnicide twice.

That's pretty evil.
>>
>>46618741
It's not if it's evil-doers. They only exist to disrupt the flow of the Force through the universe.

And you appear to have missed my point.
>>
>>46614036
Is pink lightsaber a canon? Because I'm gonna join whoever gives me pink lightsaber. Studying different kinds of force is the matter of time, but pink lightsaber is a real deal breaker.
>>
>>46618640
Fuck 'em, they don't have parents that love them enough to make sure they eat a balanced diet.
>>
>>46618690
Not something "uncle Ben" thought was important to use in a bar.

Had he been a Sith he could have zapped him a little. But thats evil. Better cut an arm off.
>>
>>46618792
Anyone can have different colour blades really, except in certain Jedi groups (iirc)

Sith just tend to have red blades out of pride and self-sufficient tradition - back in the old, old days, Sith didn't have access to real crystals and had to manufacture their own - which were always that red colour.
>>
>>46618741
When?
>>
>>46615206
I feel like this cartoon is under rated
>>
>>46614036
I'll always pick light side and ally with the Jedi. Even though they may have flaws their end goals are always to spared peace, keep people safe and wipe out evil.

However, I've always loved the idea of Jedi as free agents unbound by the rules and restrictions that typically turn people off to their philosophy. (I.E, no attachment, keep your emotions under wraps, don't use darkside powers, etc.)

I the Jedi Academy era system worked best. You weren't restricted to only train as a child and what mattered about Force powers were how you used them. Force Lighting shouldn't be a darkside side only ability. I know that electric judgment is a thing but that's just a nerfed version of Force lightning with a shitty name.
>>
>>46619069
But Force lightning is literally hate and anger twisting the Force into a gigantic fuck you.

There's a reason why people post pictures of Palpatine creating lightning with captions like "I wish I could hate you to death. Oh wait. I CAN."
>>
Both Philosophies have Merit, the Sith make their's harder to see as they become slaves to their impulses, and the Jedi erode theirs as they become slaves to dogma itself, it's a loaded argument of false dichotomy, as some have said it would be best to start anew, taking the best notes of both and learn from their mistakes, but respect what they got right, for they were the first to begin scratching the surface of the force
>>
>>46619098
True, I guess it's because I just think of Force lightning as regular electrokinesis. Even when a jedi does figure out how to use it they can't project the same amount of power the darkside provides.
>>
>>46619069
Force Lightning is one of the most powerful and corrupting force ability because it's just letting out all the hatred and rage and malice inside you and seizing as much power as possible, then just letting it go straight at your opponent, no refinement or shaping.

Any Jedi facsimile is just trying to create the appearance without the power.
>>
>>46619115
Of course one could argue that thinking you yourself would not fall into similar pitfalls or other more deadly pitfalls while rejecting know parts is the hight of hubris.
>>
Being a Sith in TOR is way more fun than being a jedi.

Somehow the Jedi in that game are creepier than most of the Sith. hell, they were more fun to be around full stop.

fuck the jedi, peace is a lie
>>
File: 1430508373217.jpg (327 KB, 1110x684) Image search: [Google]
1430508373217.jpg
327 KB, 1110x684
I'd like to say I could keep my emotions in check enough to be dark side without going full retard, but I'm probably not that special. And no way in hell could I stick with light side.

Just dark side my shit up I guess senpai
>>
>>46619574
Both sides are pretty wrong in TOR. Although I do have to say that I'm rather fond of the sith after the Emps gets the boot and it's lord sacrifical lion the one who is in charge up till the Eternal Empire kicks everyone's shit in.
>>
ITT: Edgelords who think that murdering everyone around them is more "fun"
>>
File: 1455428284990.jpg (134 KB, 731x900) Image search: [Google]
1455428284990.jpg
134 KB, 731x900
>>46614204
Apathy is death.
>>
File: ram it down.jpg (82 KB, 499x489) Image search: [Google]
ram it down.jpg
82 KB, 499x489
>>46619846
Not everyone, only some!
>>
>>46614036
Dark Side.

I will make no pathetic pretenses at "freedom" or "individuality." I just want to carve up self-righteous Jedi, and any wannabe-Sith dumb enough to get in my way.

The force is power, and power is God.
>>
>>46619574
My favorite characters in TOR were the Non-Force Users. Partly because they were more "human" but also because playing a Bounty Hunter and telling the Sith to shove it but still getting paid was awesome.
>>
>>46619846
Actually it's a 50/50 split at worse. And the sith here actually want to be the sane sort of sith and the murder hobos with no self control.
>>
>>46614525
But isn't the dark side literally just exploiting the force to satisfy your own desire?
>>
>>46618450
Remember kids when confronted by your Shadow NEVER SAY "You're Not Me!" It saves so much trouble.
>>
File: 1456107555743.png (242 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456107555743.png
242 KB, 640x360
>>46614036
>implying the force isn't an inherently enslaving force, forcing men to act upon its petty will

I'll take neither blind tradition please.
>>
>>46620135
Yes.

The Light Side is the will of the Force, the Dark Side is pushing against that. This is indisputable, the argument is about which is morally correct.
>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>46614036
dice+2d6
>>
>>46619453
you raise a valid point, I just want to see flawed systems improved on
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>
>>46614036
Both
>>
>>46614036
Kyle Katarn
>>
File: Kyle 1.jpg (320 KB, 672x1630) Image search: [Google]
Kyle 1.jpg
320 KB, 672x1630
>>46620703
>>
>>46620762
You're goddamn right
>>
>>46619829
darth marr was too good for this sinful galaxy

>>46620027
making that jedi who tries to mind trick you eat shit is hilarious, as was the end to the smuggler questline

"yeah fight for the republic and we'll give you a medal"

"nah fuck it, fire on everyone and be a motherfucking pirate King/Queen"
>>
>>46620899
I shall honor Marr's memory by having filthy jedi on sith lesbian sex on a beach on Rishi. Also with lots of booze.

Also I couldn't get all that far into the smuggler questline. The female voice was godawful.
>>
>>46614036
Surely there is some in-between? A middle ground that doesn't require you to act for purely selfish reasons but also doesn't require you to purge emotions like a Jedi.

I understand that the Dark side is all about seduction through the manipulation of emotional attachments but there has to be some form of self regulation that doesn't require you to join a weird, callous cult that views wars that aren't explicitly against the Sith as an inconvenience.
>>
>>46618804
Good answer.
>>
>>46618818
I always liked the idea that that instance was a good indicator of partly why Anakin Skywalker fell: his mentor was unusually reckless and violent for a Jedi.

Ben Kenobi always struck me as one of the more militant ones, based just on what we know from the original trilogy.
>>
>>46616086
I prefer

>The Force shall set me free

as the last line
>>
>>46620998
Jedi aren't emotionless robots. They're not going full Vulcan - or at least, they're not supposed to be. A huge point of the prequels (delivered way too subtly for most to understand) is that the Jedi have become overly dogmatic and misguided - lost in their own assholes, essentially.

They don't reject emotion entirely, or rather they aren't supposed to - remember that Anakin says that compassion ("unconditional love") is key to being a part of the Jedi - but rather, they're supposed to keep their emotions in check and not let them cloud their judgment. Solve a situation with a clear head, and all that.

What makes it difficult is that Jedi are, at minimum, telempathic, and their powers are driven by their emotional state.

Think about how anger has factored into situations in your past. Have you ever been so angry that you just wanted to reach out and crush someone, beat the shit out of them? Now imagine that that same situation happens, but you've got powers based on your emotional state.

The dark side is basically like any "hard drug" - it is addictive and mind-altering, once it has its hooks in you it's hard to stop.
>>
>>46614142
>>46616176
>>46615251
>>46615344

>my fan theory based on unused notes written by Lucas is the TRUE canon!
>>
>>46614036

Light-side, leaning towards Gray Jedi though. The Jedi are certainly the better of the two, but can be too passive, merciful, or impractical at times.
>>
>>46616267
I always thought you could read theoretically read "peace is a lie" as being analogous to the Buddhist idea of existence being suffering and the impermanence of all things.
>>
>>46620703
>>46620762

I don't care how good Rogue One ends up being, I will never forgive it for putting the final nail in the coffin of retconning Kyle Katarn out of existence.
>>
>>46621702
how did it do that?
>>
>>46621842
He's probably complaining about Kyle not being the one to steal the Death Star plans.

>>46621702
You do realize that eventually, there were like six different stories of different groups and/or individuals who stole the DS plans to get them to Leia, right? Kyle was hardly unique in that regard.
>>
File: Vader Surrounded.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Vader Surrounded.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
Darkside. I require power
>>
>>46619914
>>46620505

Kreia is, arguably, the logical end-point of the Sith. The whole deal is about power. And what is power but the freedom to do as you want? But if the force guides all things, then there's only one way to truly achieve power and freedom. To escape the force, or to kill it.
>>
File: Exile 1.jpg (600 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Exile 1.jpg
600 KB, 1000x1500
>>46622092
>implying every student
>who is Revan or the Exile (no, SWOTOR doesn't count)

>implying Kreia believed in the "sith" cause

Her beliefs about the force can be traced back to the jedi academy even ("What is a Jedi without the force?"), coming to their current state through the teachings of Sith Sorcerers.

And the fact that her dark side apprentices betrayed her is the fucking perfect example of her argument.
>>
>>46618690
>healing fueled by anger
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFUCKYOURINJURIESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
>>
>>46622185
>who is Revan or the Exile

people kreia calls failures.
>>
>>46621573

>Literally what happens in the movie
>fan theory based on unused notes

Here's your (You) m8, good job
>>
>>46622287
>he didn't get Kreia to call the exile her greatest apprentice

You're really are shit desu.
>>
>Sith believe in might (and cunning) makes right. Winners prove themselves superior by the act of winning.
>Palpatine was the most successful Sith ever.
>Palpatine's Empire fell a couple decades after it was founded. A short blip in history compared to the Jedi backed Republic.
>By the Sith's own philosophy, Jedi are superior.
>>
>>46614036
Are we talking about use of the force or ideology? Because the ideology of the Jedi has always led to stagnation, they worked so hard to maintain the status quo even as the government they shackled themselves to went to shit and was hijacked by the Sith.
The most common ideology of the Sith inevitably leads to self destruction, since no pair or group of Sith can ever co-operate to achieve a common goal without simultaneously plotting to destroy each-other once that goal is complete, rendering their victory short lived.

Their views on the Force and on behavior in general are inherently flawed to the point where both orders have almost been wiped out completely because of this.

I don't think I'd ever be able to strongly commit to either if I had to take the ideology with the force talent.
>>
>>46615251
Luke calls it the "good side" once in The Empire Strikes Back. Would you prefer we used that?
>>
>>46614036
Both in balance, just as Revan himself had done.
>>
>>46614253
>Bite my shiny metal lightsaber
>>
>>46614036
The only actually interesting point in time where you could have actual moral dilemmas around the use of the force would be before the dork jedi formation way the hell back at the formation of the old republic.
>>
>>46615144
>The Dark Side is absolute evil
Only the Sith deal in absolutes, and Dark Side user =/= Sith.
>>
>>46621873
There was a time that I was worried at reaching a double singularity, where video games declared that the plans for the death star were actually being kept at Normandy Beach on D-Day.
>>
Man, whole lotta teenagers in this thread.
>>
Grey like my nigga Qui Gon
>>
What happens to people with the force that don't get picked up by the Jedi or the Sith? What would have happened to Luke assuming he didn't get eaten by Sand People?
>>
>>46618178
not him, but I always thought that too, or at least similar. I saw it as the Jedi misinterpreting or misunderstanding the prophecy. They hear "bring balance to the Force" and mistakenly think it means "destroy the sith and the dark side for good". They were too blinded by their own view and teachings that they didn't even try to understand that the dark and light are two sides of the same coin that is the Force.

For about 1,000 years, there were only 2 Sith at a time, in hiding, while the Jedi flourished and became numerous. So many users of the light side compared to two of the dark. The Jedi didn't see that this WAS the imbalance. After order 66 and the rise of the empire, there were still 2 sith, but also a handful of inquisitors and other dark side using force sensitives in their employ, and a handful of Jedi who survived.

>Obi-wan - "you were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!"
Even wise Obi-wan did not understand. Joining them was how Anakin brought balance.
>>
>>46620159
Advice to live by. Ignoring this can have some unBEARable consequences.
>>
>>46624737
The same thing that "happened" to Leia. Sometimes they intuitively use it in minor ways, like getting a strong feeling about something, but are otherwise a normal person.
>>
So basically everyone here wants to be either a full blown jedi, a full blown sith lord, a gray paladin, an imperial knight or a Shaper of Kro Varr.

Or possibly Jolee Bindo.
>>
>>46614698
Sith Alchemy is a thing. Sith Cookery should be. Sith Saucier?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (28 KB, 527x279) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
28 KB, 527x279
>>46614999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBSMuVU_WUI&nohtml5=False

Bindo is voiced by the same bloke as Sarevok. Makes me nostalgic.
>>
>>46625042
I read that as sith sauce. It strikes me as something that is probably half illegal combat drugs, half military grade pepper spray, and half aphrodisiac.
>>
>>46625084
God I love sriracha sauce.
>>
>>46625042
>"Alchemy started in the kitchen"
Darth Ainsley, the mightiest Sith Chef to have ever lived in the galaxy. The root of all sith rage is because they will never get to taste his cooking nor come anywhere close to replicating it. Palpatine's end game for conquering the galaxy was to have unfettered access to any and every ingredient in it, and to use the general populace as slave labor to try every combination of ingredients possible in order to discover the formula for the most ancient and powerful of sith alchemies; food so good, that no one will ever want to kill you.
>>
>>46625101
fuck off you tasteless hipster.
>>
>>46625062
He also voices Principal Lewis on American Dad.
>>
>>46614356
>Force lightning
>Nonlethal
Do you even know what that shit DOES, nigga?
>>
>>46625148
Not that guy, but it can be controlled enough to be a less than lethal torture technique.
>>
>>46625148
It's a lot less lethal than a lightsaber.
>>
>>46624737
Some never discover their powers, or only use them instinctively when they're in stressful situations or with great concentration. Some probably become minor practitioners of the light or dark sides, but never grow to their full potential because they never get any kind of training.
>>
>>46624438
I'd prefer we called it The Force and that moterfuckers stop pretending that they're far too clever to fall if they just keep sticking their toes in the Drak Side.

This thread is fucking hilarious, "Oh I'd be a reasonable Drak Sider." You are literally a stock Star Wars villain who try's to have their cake and eat it.

And sure it's all fun and games till someone losses their temper then BAM you've got seventeen bodies at your feet that all seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
Jedi Knight
Any time, any day.
>>
>>46625062
And the narrator in the game I think.
>>
>>46620135
Yes. Just like the Jedi do for political climbing.

It all depends on how noble your desires are and how strongly you are willing to hold on to them.
>>
>>46625611
Barely.

Though the short-term effects of Force lightning are obvious, the sheer power invoked by its use could have insidious long-term effects, both on those subjected to its power and those who would wield it. It could deform the person being shocked and it could also lead to them being crippled for the rest of their life. It was also known to cause brain damage and blindness. Prolonged exposure to intense electrical fields (such as a sustained current of Force lightning) caused most humanoids to experience sudden and massive calcification of their skeletal system; the abrupt drop in blood minerals provoked muscular micro-seizures all over the victim's body.
>>
>>46626814
"uncle Ben" chopped a dudes arm off. How well is that going to grow back?
>>
>>46626837
Yes, let's just inflict brain damage, or calcify your skeleton, firing bolts of pure hate.

SO MUCH BETTER.

>>46626279
is right, most of you guys are fucking retards.
>>
>>46626837
With enough bacta, you can regrow limbs or you know, get a cybernetic replacement.
>>
>>46614036
Light.
>>
>>46626890
>Yes, let's possibly just inflict brain damage, or calcify your skeleton, firing bolts of pure hate.

Fixed that for you.

>>46626890
How much does that cost? Because that bar didn't look like a den of the moneyed elite.
>>
>>46626814
Luke was back on his feet within seconds, after Palpy had been going to town on him with lighting. I'm sure if he had kept going it would have been lethal eventually, but a lightsaber or blaster would have been a lot faster.
>>
>>46614036
I don't think I'd have enough ambition to fall to the dark side.
>>
>>46627011
The amount of bacta necessary to fill an entire tank would be too pricey, but I wouldn't be surprised if a cybernetic arm was cheap enough for him. Who knows how much credit he had?
>>
>>46614036
Neither, blaster blast em side.
>>
>>46626890
>With enough bacta, you can regrow limbs
I don't think this is true. If that's really an option, why does every dismembered character always opt for cybernetics?
>>
>>46614477
m'jedi
>>
>>46618422
So wojack is dark sied and pepe is light ?
Make sense, no wonder darksied get BTFO.
>>
>>46627132
Check the wookiepedia page. Says it's true IIRC, but it takes months/a year of just being in the tank. I guess the dismembered characters don't have the time to just be in a tank for so long?
>>
The dark side is like the kind of wealth that you end up spending on ways to bury your crippling hollowness/guilt.Sure, the power is yours and you have the occasional high, but your life ends up being defined by an insatiable hunger (sometimes quite literally, depending on canon). Even dabbling in it seems to be a slippery slope; it just fucks with your mind until halfway decent intentions becomes HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDIEDIEDIEDIE

I'd much rather follow the Light Side. People are trying really hard to make contentment and mental/emotional stability seem like dehumanizing, but the alternative is becoming worse than an animal (on the account that most animals have an excuse for their behavior). I'd rather heal than be able to disintegrate people on a whim, I'd rather keep the peace than deliberately fuck things up so that I can MAYBE end up on top of the shit pile. The Light Side just makes more sense.
>>
>>46625042
They're plenty saucy already.
>>
>>46627154
Just did that. Don't see anything about regrowing limbs in either version of the article.
>>
>>46627222
Then I'm either mistaken or got my info elsewhere. I do remember reading about it, but it might be EU so not canon anymore. Oh well.
>>
>>46624364
Yeah, we've learned this lesson. Education which depends solely on dogma will inevitably lead to its own eradication - from within or by external sources. Dogma has its place when forming first principles, of course, but you've got to have a system that's flexible enough to change with time and with demographic shift.

Practically, we wouldn't want Jed or Sith to be trained up from a young age to believe solely in dogma. We would want them to have formed some idea of themselves beforehand, some idea that isn't solely trained on being one thing or the other but gives them an actual conscious insight into the situations they encounter. This is something which Sheev and Dooku, for all their inane bullshit, clearly grasped: the students who had been raised within the Dark Side from point A were almost all failures to a letter. The ones who came to it later in life were the most apt comrades and, ultimately, tools, because Sith. In the EU, before it got hung in Limbo, Luke seemed to have also learned this lesson. It's almost a shame that we don't get to know more about what the new canon says Luke did, although I suppose there's still plenty of time for them to get to it.
>>
Why don't Sith have Darksabers instead of Lightsabers?
>>
>>46627017
He was fucked up for YEARS after that. Hell, I think he was still dealing with pain from the lightning 40ish years after that shit.
>>
>>46627413
Is this EU or stuff that happened?
>>
ITT: filthy jedi propaganda
Don't believe in this shit, kids.
>>
File: 1402872669453.jpg (35 KB, 639x391) Image search: [Google]
1402872669453.jpg
35 KB, 639x391
Both sides, with heavier reliance on the light
Build a philosophy of passion and compassion, prohibit murder and support healing, but from any emotion. The force is a balance, not an absolute one way or the other, and to be a true force user one should draw on all emotions equally rather than favor one over the other.
Love each other, and love fighting each other, then pick each other up off the ground, pat each other on the back, and repeat.
Freedom of emotion is the right of all sentient beings.
>>
>>46624744
You're right about that, but there's another aspect to it too: the Force being all Daoist/slightly Buddhist, there is a hint that as long as any Dark Side users exist anywhere, the Force is imbalanced.

Of course, if we were to actually go with a Daoist interpretation, the arrogance required to think any amount of purges and killing would fix the world is itself pretty anti-harmony.

I usually chalk the philosophical inconsistencies, esp. between the prequels and the original series, to Lucas just not being a very good writer (or, apparently, even bothering to keep aspects of his own universe straight.)
>>
The Force and it's philosophy is largely based on Taoism. You can either follow the river of the Tao (the Force) or struggle vainly against it. If you try, you're either going to drown or end up going backwards against the current, farther from where you want to be. Only by following the Tao (the Force) can you achieve sage hood.
>>
>>46629152
>>46629215
>Grey Jedi
Pfft, shit taste
>>
>>46629218
Hey man, some people can't get off to vanilla, and some people don't like chocolate.
Some people just have to go strawberry, and that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>46629152
You seek "order" in chaos. Not all emotions are equal, or equally worthy. Violence is an intrinsically destructive act, both externally and internally. To champion its cause, to claim that blows struck in anger are as worthy a goal as self-sacrifice for another or compassion with forethought, is to be damned already.

Simply put, emotions aren't bad, but in any ethical system, the freedoms of an individual must decrease as that individuals power increases. A person with power over the Force has much more power than most, and to say that they deserve to be as reckless, petty, hateful, or inconsiderate as others is to place those weaker others in direct and imminent danger.

If you reject restraint as a core tenet of Force philosophy, you've already created a monster. It's just a question of how long it takes before it starts hurting people.
>>
>A new surrogate for the Empire, a new stand-in for the Alliance, to reinforce the pure homogeneity that is the Star Wars vision of justice, to conceal with phoney wars and fake empires the fact that our only hope is not to awaken the Force, but to smash it utterly.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-empire-joseph-campbell-george-lucas/

Neither.
>>
>>46629218
Neither of those are Grey Jedi. One is straight up Jedi, the other is practically Sith.
>>
>>46629242
>Light = Vanilla
>Dark = Chocolate
>Grey = Chewing on a plastic toys
>>
File: Mandalorian cosplays.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mandalorian cosplays.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Mandalorian side
>>
>>46629251
I've never understood how people can justify reading a popular publication named after one of the most violent a d destructive political factions in French history. It's like having a magazine named after the fucking Kuomintang or the Bolsheiviks.

But then, I guess it makes sense if you think Montangnards Did Nothing Wrong.
>>
was palpatine right? the jedi had no separation of church and state, and went around as judge, jury, and executioner with lazer swords.
>>
>>46629251
I get what the article is trying to say, and appreciate the steps it uses to reach it's conclusions, but he's just wrong.

His prediction about the movie is startling accurate though, to the point where I laughed out loud when I read it. I still enjoyed TFA despite it's sameness.
>>
>>46629319
>was palpatine right?
Nope, but history is written by the victor.
>>
Can I not be affiliated with the factions? If yes, light. If no, dark.
>>
>>46629249
That's just, like, your opinion man.
That, and since there's a fair bit of legends material on dark powers being achieved through light means, and the new canon has adopted the light side as fact, I'm thinking I'm well within my right to pursue such a philosophy.
>>
>>46629319
And Palpatine didn't? Maybe the Jedi were hypocritical, but at least they didn't commit genocide or torture people to death. Plus, being hypocritical at least slowed down the shitty things they did do.

Palpatine is a classic example of the argumentative fallacy of claiming your opponent is just as bad as you. It might be true, but that just means neither side is right.
>>
>>46629319
No. Palpatine told the truth in a certain form when he said that the system was broken and corrupt, but he neglected to mention he aimed to build a system just as massive and monstrous, and about a thousand times worse.
>>
>>46629354
Not to mention that he was the very reason the Republic was so wrought in corruption.
>>
>>46629374
It's almost like Palpatine was the bad guy all along.
>>
>>46629251
I can't believe Kreia was right.
>>
File: ImpCommComm.jpg (25 KB, 250x334) Image search: [Google]
ImpCommComm.jpg
25 KB, 250x334
>>46629388
I'm going to need you to come with us downtown.
>>
>>46629338
YOUR rights aren't the issue. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Your philosophy is already just basically Sith philosophy. It's intrinsically selfish, focusing on YOUR rights, YOUR freedoms, what you DESERVE to be able to do, because what right does anyone else have to circumscribe your wishes or actions?

Well, what about the rights of everyone else? When one person in a billion is a superman, it's immoral and unethical to let them exist the way that you want to. It's not about whether you could, hypothetically, use feelings of love and compassion to fuel a blast of lightning, it's about the philosophy being one that intrinsically claims that you have the same right to seek happiness as anyone else, without attending to the fact that your pursuit of happiness is a fucking ticking atom bomb.

The Dark Side isn't seductive because it acts like a physical drug, or if it is, then that's one of the shittier parts of Star Wars. In real life, power corrupts, and power unchecked by discipline and restraint inevitably becomes both self-serving and destructive, and eventually self-destructive.

It's not about you. It's about all the people we need to PROTECT from you. If you won't ensure their safety, it's up to others who can to do so, and I would frankly rather kill one person with your philosophy because of the massive damage they can cause rather than stand by and let you do whatever you feel, and watch the inevitable rising bodycount.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is where the Authoritarian Jedi vs. Individualist Sith conflict comes from.
>>
>>46629451
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>46627598
EU, so it never happened now. There were mentions of it in the treaty of bakura about how he'd taken huge electrolyte imbalances due to electrical discharges. But that's all washed away, like salt in the wind.
>>
>>46629488
There are two canons now, with some overlap. Nothing is "non-canon".
>>
>>46629427
I always thought the stormtrooper helmet looked like a robot with a neckbeard.

Designing a helmet like this though would offer great neck protection. And blows to the head would probably bounce right off.
>>
>>46629500
>Nothing is "non-canon".
EU is mostly non-canon, so you're wrong on that one.
>>
>>46629451
Seem to me from reading that

Sith
>Do what I say or I will kill you

Jedi
>Do what I say or I will kill you

And some poor fucker is born with bendy spoons they never asked for and their only choice is join a monastery, join a cult or die by either monk or cultist hands.
>>
>>46629526
If I got a case of space bendy spoons, I'd probably just roll with it.
>>
File: Rudolf the great.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Rudolf the great.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>46629374
Too bad star wars universe got a shitty emperor.
>>
File: paulatreides.jpg (188 KB, 872x662) Image search: [Google]
paulatreides.jpg
188 KB, 872x662
>>46629550
ikr
>>
>>46629451
Wouldbepadawanfor/10
>>
>>46629451
This is basically why we don't have nice things. Conservative degenerates who deny evolution and prevent us from becoming superhumanity. We could be gods already!
>>
>>46629597
>We could be gods already!
But if it must cost the lives of innocent people, then you must be stopped, not encouraged.
>>
>>46629597
>whatisliterally2postsaboveyou.jpg
>>
File: 1355681033318.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1355681033318.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
>>46629451
You know, I do recall a situation much like this one, a fight between absolute order and all corrupting chaos. That is, of course between the soulcalibur and the souledge. No matter who wields the soul edge will be subject to its madness, no matter how much you tell yourself you aren't. All who ever wielded it would succumb to it.
All save one.
In ancient times, there was a warrior king, nearly a god in his own right, he took it as a challenge to take the sword for himself, perhaps even forged it in the first place. He took the sword, and it tried to corrupt him. Tried, and failed, for he was too strong, his will was too great, his inner discipline was too well founded for the sword to consume.
I know full well the risks, jedi sage, and I know full well the consequences of what could come from trying, just as Algol's son tried to take the sword and was corrupted. What I propose, sage, is that the dark is the souledge, and that one should be truly bound to the light before exploring it, but that once you can, you should. Monsters can and will come from this philosophy, too unbalanced within to have tried when they did, but for those truly bound to their inner light, radiant giants could be born.
>>
>>46629609
There are no innocent people.
>>
>>46629526
It does suck. That said, there's no good reason that every Light-sider should have to be an active member of the Jedi Order. That's one of the big flaws of the Old Republic Jedi, they act like you describe. But, people with force powers should be allowed to lead different kinds of lives, just with some slight restrictions:

You can be a Jedi Knight, of spacecop variety (if you qualify);

You can be some other thing in the Jedi, like a teacher, or a doctor, or a diplomat (also often Knights);

You can be some sort of auxiliary to the Order, on part-time service, like to come help heal people during massive plague outbreaks or in wartime;

You can be some dude who lives on Coruscant and isn't in the Order and just has some kind of Jedi parole officer to make sure he's not mindraping all his coworkers into sex slavery;

Or you can move out to the Rim, where the Order can't interfere with you.

There's never an ideal scenario, but the Sith like to say there can be no shades of grey with the Jedi. That's horseshit. Only asshole Jedi think that way.
>>
>>46615190
This. This is the response to every edgeLord that thought that unreadable bane tripe was good.
>>
>>46629609
Everyone dies eventually. If we can improve the lives of everyone in the future forever, at the expense of a percentage of the current population, wouldn't that be the moral imperative? At least in a utilitarian sense.
>>
>>46629643
tl;dr ambition
>>
File: PA Soul Calibur.jpg (537 KB, 2100x1052) Image search: [Google]
PA Soul Calibur.jpg
537 KB, 2100x1052
>>46629643
>>
>>46629643
>Tries to blatantly RP
>Starts cross-referencing another franchise
Well you tried.

>>46629670
>Everyone dies eventually.
That's nowhere near a justifiable excuse to go around killing people.
>>
File: tumblr_nby66ogpft1tkcj1eo1_400.png (110 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nby66ogpft1tkcj1eo1_400.png
110 KB, 400x200
I think my references are Jadus and Traya. So yes, Dark Side.
>>
>>46629609
Why should I care about life of animal that stand on my way? Why should I care about life of non-sensetive Neanderthals that are dead-end of evolution anyway? Stop dreaming about past, there is future awaits.
>>
>>46629647
You see that's more sensible.

Allow the poor bastards to go off and live their life, get a job, start a family, take up hobbies, become productive and contributing member of society and all is well.

Just send robe-dude around every so often to make sure they aren't being stupid and everyone is happy.

the usually seen "join us or die" Jedi have probably recruited more for Force users for the Sith than any other factor.
>>
>>46629643
The arrogance, to think of oneself as such a being.

There are no Kwisatz Haderachs. There are no Monkey Kings, no gods among men. There are only people, and power.

The only meaningful question is what people will do with their power. Your philosopher king is a myth- people are a reality. The ideal society is a myth- suffering imposed by the cruelties and selfishness of the powerful is a reality.

Don't kid yourself, that's no kind of answer, it's just another road to the Dark Side.
>>
>>46614036
>Light or dark side?
From an in-setting perspective? Light. Dark Side is just way too useless in the long run.

OMG I CAN SHOOT LIGHTENING BOLTS. ...okay.

Still. FUCK the Jedi. I haven't kept in touch with ( the existence of) LS Force users in current canon, but I'd really just... not.
>>
>>46629251
>killing God is the only way to be free

Ok LaVey
>>
I think it depends on the era for me.
>Old Republic
Dark Side, definitely. Not because I want to be an individual and stand out or anything edgy like
>>46629706

During that era you could embrace the dark side and actually work towards something, like furthering the Empire's goals.

>Rise of the Empire era
Light side, hands down. Never liked the rule of Two and never will.
>>
>>46614076
I wish Lucas had had the stones to go through ith that...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.