[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You scum sucking assholes. They caused a panic purchase spree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_20160411-130548.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160411-130548.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
You scum sucking assholes. They caused a panic purchase spree just to purge their stock
>>
>>46612866
So what do you want, an EU law against advertising?
>>
So yeah. They advertised to get rid of stock and it sold out too fast. Now they're getting more to sell.
>>
supply and demmand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_brfZPmjM
>>
File: 1455638367916.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1455638367916.png
264 KB, 500x531
>>46613015
>>46613075
>THIS IS GONNA BE GONE FOREVER FOR REALS
>Lol ayyee just kidding we'll make some more. BUT LAST TIME
>>
>>46612866
Hilariously unsurprising.
>>
>>46613552
I mean its just... they just string us along as long as they can.
>>
>>46612866
I don't understand. What's so bad about it. They are trying to sell some more models, why shouldn't they? If these items were unpopular people would not have bought them in the first place and yes, most were sold out within 3days.
>>
It tells me that they are going to be rebooting the line, new molds to fill the role of humanities mortal warriors but need to fill the sales gap while making them
>>
>>46613621
They forced a panic buy in order to clean out their stock, and realized that people sill buy even more models if they do a "final run" to make people panic buy even more. Its a scummy cash grab. All we need now is for them to box it up and give it a fancy name and then charge more money for it
>>
I still miss tomb kings
>>
>>46613712
Take solace in th3 fact that atleast mantix makes a mummy unit
>>
File: hello this is tg.jpg (85 KB, 540x564) Image search: [Google]
hello this is tg.jpg
85 KB, 540x564
>>
this probably means more people placed orders than were avalable, so they are making more to give people a chance.
>>
Remember when they found more Space Hulk boxes?
>>
>>46613005
So stop buying their shit like so many others have. Contribute to their shrinking sales. Don't fret OP, their days of dishonest, manipulative, 'fuck you customers' are numbered.

40k is in it's worst iteration ever, and only getting worse. More people are leaving the game with each release. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal - but in the two communities I'm a part of (Phoenix and San Diego) the 40k playerbase is disappearing. I hear similar stories from others.

The writing is on the wall, it's only a matter of time. And for the faggot ass fanboys - sales shrink and a decrease in revenue are real, and bad.
>>
>>46612866
>>46613005

>waaaaaah a business I don't like is making money waaaaaaaaah

Apparently other people want to buy their shit, that's kinda how the marketplace works.
>>
File: Die.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Die.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46612866
>purge their stock

Not possible. The "foundry" has run on the "just in time" model (hurr) for over ten years. They can plonk out a thousand of any model they want with modern automation - machines that can run all night with no human supervision. tl;dr:

There is no "stock" any more. To cut overheads, models are only produced on demand and shipped immediately.

Unless ... Were Grand Alliance models manufactured elsewhere than the UK?
>>
File: 1453602914030.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
1453602914030.gif
1 MB, 296x160
>>46615760
So why the hell do they pull shit like this? They took all the brets down to NOT IN STOCK just to fuck with people?
>>
>>46615825
Brets are the next faction on the chopping block.
>>
>>46614374
But I don't want the IP to die
>>
>>46613584
So you would have prefered for GeeDubs to not tell you they're going?
>>
>>46616026
You can't kill ip anon. Ip is an idea. Me and my group play 6th edition whfb still and I've been working on convincing then on Realms of chaos. You can also play kow or other games in whatever setting tickles your fancy
>>
>>46616026

Anon, Warhammer is, if you take into account it's long history, numerous fluff books, and many licensed videogames, a profitable IP.

IPs are separate entities from the companies that either created or make stuff for them. IPs can be acquired after the company that makes them tanks. When Hostess ate it, everyone went fucking bananas over twinkies going away forever. Not two weeks later every formerly Hostess brand of sugary, fattening snack-cakes was back on the shelf under a new brand, the same as they ever were save for the packaging.

A profitable IP will be bought even if the company that makes money off it tanks. If DC Comics dies, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman... They'll all get bought up by other IPs, and we'll keep getting movies, comics, and toys based on that IP so long as they remain profitable and people give a shit.

Well, unless Bill Cosby buys the rights to it so no one will ever be able to make something on it ever again.
>>
>>46612866
Doesn't this fall under false advertisement? Is this even legal?
>>
>>46617133

Not in the least. They've decided to make another last run because of their sellout stocks on their first last run.

Originally they wanted to sell off old stock, but the demand suggested they keep the molds in service a while longer for their customer base, and also so they can milk them for a while longer as well.

False advertising would suggest that the product advertised was not the product shipped, that expectation from the advertisement did not meet the reality of the product. Even assuming the worst situation, and GW is definitely trying to milk their customers for more money, it's legal. Of course, this second run has a tag at the bottom that says there will be no third run, so if they do that again they'd risk really pissing off their customers even worse.
>>
>>46613679
>They forced a panic buy
Literally, they forced people to buy their products at literal gunpoint.
>>
File: mobandcity1.jpg (65 KB, 591x325) Image search: [Google]
mobandcity1.jpg
65 KB, 591x325
>>46617239

>Yeah, some great products we got 'ere
>Wouldn't it be a shame if sometin' were ta happen to 'em?
>>
>>46613269
yes clearly a company doing something its customers want is terrible.
>>
File: Age of power armor.png (121 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
Age of power armor.png
121 KB, 800x1600
>>46612866

Bravo GW

Bra. Vo.
>>
>>46612964
I'm fairly sure there's already an EU directive that, among other things, concerns itself with deceptive advertising.
>>
It certainly worked for The Grateful Dead, so of course GW would due it per their typical scummy behavior.
>>
>>46612866
Hey if they release some braetonian stuff from time to time I'll not get mad.

They should probably produce limited quantities of oop stuff, perhaps a survey to see what people want, I would kill for some kasr kins.
>>
>>46617386
I laughed harder than i should have. Need to shop some heads on there
>>
>>46617727

>pic related

Age of Sigmarmour?
>>
>>46615922
Either that or a full makeover
>>
>>46613901
"GAMES ORKSHOP!"

"AVE YA TROID NOT PLAYIN' HUMIES, YA GIT?"
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.