[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARMACHINE/HORDES GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 600_323894882.jpg (127 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
600_323894882.jpg
127 KB, 540x300
MK 3 MOTHAFUCKAS!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBBcOVuY4U

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
> textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>46611147
>>46611147
>>
No new BB for coc, minions and mercs
>>
>MK3

THERE WILL BE NO MK3 THEY SAID

YOU'RE CRAZY THEY SAID

WELL WHO'S CRAZY NOW, HUH?

It's still me.

I'm glad I own almost my entire faction, so unless they kill Circle outright I'm immune to power fluctuations.
>>
Has convergence gotten anything yet?
>>
So is it just for showing the contents or are the models the pre-assembled plastic they use for their boardgames in these new BBs?
>>
>>46612224
No, they aren't pre-assembled, though they are colored instead of normal grey plactic, not sure if that means they're a different material or if they just decided to make them colorful for some reason.
>>
>>46612343
makes them easier for newbies to identify probably
>>
File: witchfire2.jpg (53 KB, 326x444) Image search: [Google]
witchfire2.jpg
53 KB, 326x444
A new edition might make me get my models out and play again. When do the new rules drop?
>>
>>46612519
June 29th
>>
>>46612519
>>46612649
Though they'll be free online a couple weeks before then it looks like
>>
File: bcg_slide-9.png (2 MB, 1650x1090) Image search: [Google]
bcg_slide-9.png
2 MB, 1650x1090
Claiming mai waifu. She's mai now!
>>
>>46611500
HA
not fucking surprised
Fucking peepee
>>
Has anyone bought an Intercessor Kreoss recently?
>>
LIVE GAME

LIVE THREAD
>>
>>46612343

I'm glad. A huge amount of people who play Tabletop games don't nessesarily enjoy the modeling aspect. Playing against the grey/black blobs is awful.

This will make it much more tolerable.
>>
>>46611299

MKIII omg this is so amazing. I had a big goofy smile on my face listening to the Primecast.
>>
I started wmh after end times: khain, this is like the 3rd edition change I've had to deal with in three years so im a little leary. Also I dont want my beautiful cryx army to get freaking invalidated
>>
>>46617708
Yeah Im in the same boat, though I changed after Glotkin
I would say that I'm enthusiastic, but concerned
>>
>>46616907
Kek
>>
>>46611299
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBBcOVuY4U
I like the part where the bass drops.
>>
>>46617708
If it's anything like the last Warmachine edition change, this is going to be a good thing.
>>
in mk2 they went to massive pains to not invalidate a fucking thing in terms of purchases

your shit might not work the same (rip mk1 reznik) but its a safe bet youll be able to field all of it
>>
http://privateerpress.com/primecast/primecast-episode-30

Each warcaster has a unique spell or special abilty, in addition to their feat

Doubled the point scale, no more hundreds of 2 point solos

Warjacks get a free focus point just for being in the warcasters control area

Warlocks gain "spirit bond" giving them fury for dead warbeasts during their control phase

Warcaster/locks start with 25-30 free Jack/beast points, with double point scale this means 2 free heavies

New Battleboxes are 0 points

Colossals/Gargantuans/battle engines are apparently getting more powerful
("we believe we designed them too conservatively")
Also getting a points increase "conquest is 4 times the points of a juggernaut"

Pre-measuring added universally to the game

Physiology "basicly gone" no more fear/terror

Fluff is no longer in game books, is now solely in Skull island books
In addition all the stuff in mrk 1 and 2 is over (the story is wrapped up) a 2 year time skip and a new series of books coming out (Flashpoint)
New Rulership in Cygnar, more willingness in killing characters

Lock and load pre-release 11 june, full release 29 June

New hordes faction is coming out lock and load 2017, apparently really different, they've been designed solely for mrk 3 obviously
>>
File: 1457403015867.png (142 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
1457403015867.png
142 KB, 345x337
>>46611299
>tfw recognizing multiple game stores from the video
Washington master race reporting in
>>
Wondering how they're going to fix Gargantuans?
>>
>Everyone else's faction
>Cool dudes with cool weapons
>My faction
>HURRR MUH WHIPS XDDD
>>
>>46617792
>Fluff is no longer in game books, is now solely in Skull island books
Great, now I'll have no clue what's going on.
>>
>>46617800
You going to heroic knights steamroller this weekend?
>>
>>46617828
>waaaaah my guy has a weapon that thematically fits my faction
>why dont i get something else PP please help
cease and desist
>>
File: 1459773978099.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
1459773978099.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
>>46617800
Southwest Washington here. It's a GAMING WASTELAND, gotta go to fucking Portland for any decent action and Portland is filled with elitist hipster cunts, both in general and the gaming community.
>>
>>46617860
I work weekends unfortunately.
Makes it hard to play in any tournaments
>>
>>46617879
Well, that's the coasts for ya.
>>
>>46617866
What doesn't really fit the faction is another paingiver becoming a warlock. He's a Beast Master, which means that he's somewhere under Morghoul. Unless of course something happened to Morgoul in the lore which is reasonable since his motives have always been a mystery.
>>
>>46617897
I had to take a day off to maybe play this one or the g&g x wing tourney
>>
>>46617925
He's existed before. He's the no name warlock that gunnbjorn blew the fuck up
>>
>>46617925
I wouldn't mind seeing a Beast Master lock to go with Morgoul's Bloodrunner.
>>
>>46617792
>No more fluff in the books
That's a shitty decision, to be honest. The rest sounds fairly neat, especially the added granularity of the unit pricing and the added incentive to run warjacks, but this feels dumb.
>colossals more powerful
This also makes me raise an eyebrow. I didn't realize they needed to be *more* powerful. But I suppose with a appropriate increase in cost it might at least be interesting.
>>
>>46617984
I suppose a Lord Assassin and a Beast Master could work since there's only really assassins and beast handlers in the Paingivers. But Morghoul was already the best beast handler in Skorne a bit back as far as I'm aware so this feels a bit eh. What I'm praying for is a warlock that can play a control game with beasts. Like, I want this faggot to make me buy a dozen Reptile Hounds.
>>
>>46617828

>Hating whips

Find a new faction scrub.
>>
>>46617816
They're upping the points/power of huge-based models and "being less conservative with them", I've got a feeling that Gargossals are going to have more base functionality than before where they were just an extra fat heavy in a lot of cases.

Also the doubling of free warbeast points means that taking one won't be quite as straining, since it sounds like they're maybe gonna cost roughly 1.5x as much, based on the Conquest=4xJuggernaut calculation.
>>
File: PP release cycle.jpg (44 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
PP release cycle.jpg
44 KB, 800x648
I'll just leave this here..
>>
>>46618086

Being pessimistic and later pleasantly surprised is a good problem to have.

Still, this is probably the most positive response I have seen for a PP product release in a long ass time.
>>
>>46618086
Time to start the doom.
Even though all warcasters are getting a unique spell or ability, Amon's will still be flagellation
>>
>>46618076
Increasing beast point costs will basically annihilate the chances of any mediocre beasts seeing play. I'm not bringing an 8 point Cyclops Savage when I can bring a full unit of Nihilators.
>>
>>46618086
Doom is pretty darn low right now. Everyone knew that game deserved a new edition. So far nothing outside of colossal powerup is striking fear into people
>>
>>46617849
I know, right? That's a really poor decision. I don't care enough to slog through one of the pretty mediocre books to get the story, but a general overview would still be nice to at least have some kind of idea what is going on.
>>
>>46618145
You do know that nihilators will be 16 pts in the new point system right?
>>
>>46618145
Beasts aren't seeing a cost increase, just Gargossals.
>>
>>46618185
That would be dumb and basically seal the deal on Skorne ever bringing any infantry to the table. I'll bring Drakes, Gladiators, Bronzebacks, and Molik Karn thank you very much.
>>
>>46618145
They changing all the costs. Nihilators will not necessary cost exactly 16 pts, as >>46618185
suggested, but +\- 2 pts he's probably right.
>>
>>46618229
Well, with the new "warbeast points", you'll probably get 2 heavies for no cost.
>>
>>46618229
I legitimately can't tell if this guy is trolling or not.
>>
>>46618229
I'm calling it now. Molik Karn will now be on a small base.
>>
>>46618229
You don't know the fucking points system! Why the fuck are you making statements about model worth when you don't even know the fucking system?
>>
File: pp forums.jpg (371 KB, 1655x1029) Image search: [Google]
pp forums.jpg
371 KB, 1655x1029
>>
>>46618318
My current favorite is the premeasuring thread where Simon posted third explaining why they added it in, and then dozens of posts asking PP to explain why they added it in.
>>
>>46617828
>there isn't even a new Cyriss caster
Feels pretty bad, man.
>>
>>46618145
Since you seem to be behind the times:

1. The point-scale is doubling, to allow for added granularity. So what once cost 8 will now cost 16, give or take a point or two.

2. Huge-based models are seeing a further relative price increase, to go along with a power boost of some kind.

3. Warcaster/locks are going to have about twice as many free jack/beast points to play around with, putting them in the 25-30 range.
>>
>>46618141

Well let me tell you this.

If he gets no other buffs, Amon's battlegroup will always get 1 extra focus a turn and he is guaranteed to have way more warjack points.

He will be solid.

The biggest problem he has is his survivability. If he get's some sort of defensive tech or Menoth gets some new way to keep their casters alive (stacking Devouts maybe), he will be pretty baller.

Also, Flagellant is still a cool spell. If the enemy is dumb enough to think Amon is harmless and steps to close late game, he can just beat the shit out them them.
>>
>>46618366
My guess is that Synergy is going to disappear as a spell.

On Syntherion and Vyros is sounds disgusting right now.
>>
>>46618304

I am hoping Molik does not get overly nerfed.

Yeah, he is amazing and frightening but, I kind of want him to still be frightening.
>>
>>46618403
>On Syntherion and Vyros is sounds disgusting right now.
God, I hope not. If it does, what am I going to do with my 10+ Galvanizer list for messing around?
>>
>>46618403

I highly doubt it.

I however can see it getting changed.

If it simply adds +1 to dmg but not to hit, it might be interesting but still strong. That or if it has some sort of cap.
>>
>>46618429
I doubt he'll lose a damage buff in general, I just don't see Synergy when rough estimation puts him at 12 heavy warjacks in a list.
>>
>>46618409
I'd be fine with him going up to 12 points in the current system. Still worth bringing.
>>
>>46618429
Deathrippers spam was a thing in mk1, I heard
>>
File: man-o-war-shocktroopers-unit.png (1 MB, 1963x1235) Image search: [Google]
man-o-war-shocktroopers-unit.png
1 MB, 1963x1235
>Man-o-war armies become playable

I can dream can't i?
>>
>>46617792
I actually like the fluff im a little miffed that its out. Also I play cryx so i feel like im never getting any stories ever again (yeah, i know we had 3 novellas but they were hot garbage. Venethrax fought an anthill and almost lost, I mean come on!)
>>
>>46618353
You're Cephalyx tier now, accept it.
>>
File: Drakhun.jpg (636 KB, 1598x1251) Image search: [Google]
Drakhun.jpg
636 KB, 1598x1251
>>46618574
A RED-BLOODED KHADORAN CAN DREAM!
TO THE FRONT LINES BROTHERS!
>>
>>46618188
Everything's seeing a 2x base cost increase, gargossols are just seeing a 1.5x increase on top of that.
>>
>>46618148
Only thing I'm relatively pissed about is having to rebuy War Room decks. I've spent years using that piece of shit app and dealing with it. Price discount had better be significant. Fuck that cutoff date too
>>
>>46618332
As a long-time player with zero depth perception, fuck anyone who's salty about pre-measuring going in.
>>
>>46618148
>Doom is pretty darn low right now
Just wait until model rules get spoiled. It'll happen
>>
>>46618909
Well if you want to get technical, there is no general COST increase, because the value of a single point is being cut in half.

Any given thing will still cost the same portion of your army (extra WJ points notwithstanding) as a it currently does, assuming it doesn't undergo some major rules tweak that modifies it's cost, like Gargossals.
>>
>>46618920
I'm hoping they will release what is now beta (which is actually quite good, and stable). And yes, angry about having to buy the whole game's cards AGAIN but honestly, i'm a big boy. I'll live.
>>
>>46618409
The joke was that from Mk. I to Mk. II, Molik went from a 40mm to 50mm base.
>>
>>46618948
I'm getting my brown umbrella for that shitstorm
>>
>>46618999
You're assuming its a straight 1:1 transfer of points, which it almost certainly won't be.
>>
>>46618920
They said from the start that they would only give free updates up through the end of mk2.
>>
>>46619083
Metamorphosis says large base.
>>
>>46619131
Oh I know. I wouldn't be as pissed if I hadn't bought the decks on such a shitty app to deal with for years.
>>
>>46619127
For discussion purposes we may as well assume that until we get more information. There's going to be some over/under, but they've stated the game size is going to stay the same aside from the extra WJ/WB points. Some models will be more expensive, some less, and some the same, but the overall cost of stuff in general is staying consistent.
>>
Is it true that the fluff won't be included in the books anymore?
>>
>>46619263
Yup, the stories are gonna be released through Skull Island Xpedition, but I wouldn't be surprised if they included short stories or something to show off the new stuff in the compilation books.

It's about time, really.
>>
>>46619263
Yes. Books, published through Skull Island.
>>
>>46619254
Where this matters is the 2 point solos territory.

Some of those models swinging up/down a point will change how worth it they are.
>>
>>46619263
Yes. There will probably still be fluff blurbs or else there wouldn't be enough content for a book, but the big long stories are definitely out.

Good riddance, let them be their own separate thing, I'm not made of money and this will presumably make the books cheaper since those fluff stories were like half the pages.
>>
>>46618332
Some people will bitch about anything.
>>
>>46619263
Thank god honestly. The fluff in the books was so irritating. Now it means maybe they won't have it be so clunky and weird. Like 'LOOK, A MANIFESTATION OF THIS CASTER'S FEAT/SPELLS THROUGH VAGUE DESCRIPTION' and blurbs being short enough that it never really felt like fluff so much as a snapshot of what was happening.
>>
>Nothing for CoC
Guess its time to move to Skorne or Cryx.
Or maybe Cygnar. I've always liked Kraye,
>>
>>46619436
Ok .. did i just come up with a crazy idea?

thoughts:

Lord arbiter Hexeris
Cyclops Raider
Cyclops Raider
Cyclops Raider
Cyclops Raider
Cyclops Shaman
Basilisk Krea
Paingiver task master
Cataphract incindiarii (min)
Nihilators (max)
Croak raiders (max)
Swamp gobbers Bellows Crew
Paingiver Beast handlers (min)
>>
>>46619423
So many 3 point solos will get useful all of a sudden at 5.
>>
>>46617828

>excited for new Skorne warlock
>it's just Morghoul with pool noodle whips

Th-thanks PP.
>>
>>46618929
I don't have any depth perception due to a neurological condition but I somehow developed a supernatural ability to gauge distance on a board. I am the guy who in 3rd edition 40k would drop every guess weapon directly on top of the enemy commander and stayed roughly three inches outside charge range at all times.

I honestly am turned off from games without free measuring as it's unfair to most people.
>>
>>46619477
Yeah, I feel like this is really something that needs to be addressed. I understand CoC was intended to be a limited release faction but I feel like its popularity is enough that they could at least try to give it something every once in a while. Has it even gotten new models since its release book?
>>
>>46619479
Making a list based upon the new edition we know next to nothing about, or is this current?
>>
>>46619554
It does annoy me that Ive gotten really good at judging distances and that skill is pretty worthless now
But overall I feel like this will be a good change
>>
File: 1436394698912.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436394698912.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1200
So /wmhg/, what units do you want to see buffed/recosted into relevance with MkIII?
Archangel
Man-o-wars
Cinerators
Most of the Battle Engines
>>
>>46619643

You could make a list for dozens of things. But overall:

>Trenchers
>Battle Engines
>gargantuans

Khador being able to run battlegroup heavy might actually bring me over to that faction. They easily have the best looking warjacks.
>>
>>46619643
Longgunners
I like the idea of just average men with rifles firing volley after volley into monsters and men, but their stats have always been lackluster, why take them when you can take gun mages

>Marksmen so accurate the mention of them can force people to surrender
>RAT 5
>>
>>46619639
It's not useless now. Watch your opponent clock himself trying to measure constantly.
>>
I have so many khador warjacks and am really excited to be able to run more than 1 at a time outside of niche lists.
>>
>>46619620
current edition
>>
>>46619643

Reeves. Satyrs.
>>
File: unredeemable garbage.png (65 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
unredeemable garbage.png
65 KB, 320x320
>>46619643

>anti-materiel rifle in a fantasy game

Fuck yes!

>read the rules

Fuck no!

So yeah, if PP makes this usable I'll be happy.
>>
>>46619691
>Trenchers
Hey now, Haley3 brought Trenchers back into competitive viability. Realistically speaking not every unit in the game is going to be viable in a vacuum (unless they all get so homogenized that you can't tell them apart), some units will need a certain caster synergy to shine and that's ok.

Now long gunners, that's a Cygnar unit that no caster can make work.
>>
>>46619643
Praetorians and Venators of all flavors. They're supposed to be the most ubiquitous units around in the Skorne army in fluff. But you rarely see them on the table. I'd love to find a good excuse to play Swordsmen.

Which reminds me, do you think any of the RPG books might have potential spoilers in them or hints? I'd love me some Swordsmen with Weaponmaster or Drakes with Wraithbane.
>>
>>46619643
Light artillery in general
jack marshals in general
>>
>>46619803
Karax is seeing more play as chaff with their errata. And keltarii were always kinda popular for some builds, like zaal.

The thing I most want to see improved are jack marshals. Oh and manowar.
>>
>>46619808
I think it would be nice if Jack Marshals all got 3 drives, other wise why even bother, they can be more of a hindrance than anything
>>
>>46619803
RPG spoilers, with regards to Mk2 vs Mk3 differences, are doubtful. The stuff in there is pretty spot-on with Mk2, and where it differs it's usually because of something that clearly exists just for the RPG framework.
>>
Jack marshals are going to need an absolutely fucking massive buff to be at all viable, if we're now getting enough WJ points to comfortably field 2 free heavies, and those heavies get free focus. I can't even imagine what they can give jack marshals to make them worth taking jacks outside of battlegroups.
>>
>>46619561
I mean, CoC is getting it's Colossal second, and when you consider that the Mk2 rules for the Colossals don't mean shit, it's getting it's spoiler faster than anyone else.
>>
>>46619791

>Trenchers are fine as a min unit with this one caster

Yea, that's totally the same thing!
>>
>>46619880
2 or 3 Drives per activation instead of just 1, or maybe even "one of each drive the Jack Marshal knows" if we want to get fancy, and unique Marshall bonuses like the Gun Mage's Rune Shot becoming more common.
>>
>>46619880
they might just ditch the rule altogether
Or just keep the rule as a"oh shit JR is dead, run this guy over to reactivate the jack so your cast doesnt have to"
>>
>>46619928
>>46619939
It's entirely possible JM just becomes a sort of warjack support ability rather than a control warjacks ability.

Like, Gun Mages can load a single jack a turn with ammo, or the MoW Kovnik can drive a jack in the battlegroup.
>>
Post the warlockcaster you think will get nerfed and the one you think buffed from your faction

Elylyth is getting beaten like a rape victim
Ethagrosh will shine
>>
>>46619995
You have so many worse warlocks than eThags, why do you think he'll get buffed?

Why not pAbby or Beth?
>>
>>46619995

There's no way Skarre1 and Lylyth2 survive.
>>
>>46617828
You knew what you were getting into.
>>
>>46619902
Welcome to the competitive status of 90% of the stuff in the entire game, and that's fine. If a unit is capable of just randomly slotting in to any list regardless of synergies then it's probably a little too good.

Trenchers deserved a buff, but if they got buffed to the level of general viability then they'd be WAY TOO FUCKING GOOD with Haley3 and something would have had to be done about that.

There's also the super secret Stryker3 trencher tech, but you have to achieve a certain level of git gud to pull it off
>>
>>46620014
Ethags is literally DUDE LMAO SHREDDERS the warlock and Pabby and Beth at least have something else they can do. The others will prolly get buffs but I know they'll do something with Ethaggy
>>
>>46619995
I'll finally be able to play Jarl competetively.
>>
>>46619966
That idea honestly scares the shit out of me, but in a fear-boner sort of way.
>>
>>46620049

>better trenchers will be too good with Haley3

Except Haley3 is also getting adjusted so it's ridiculous to assume that certain things getting buffed will make things that are good now better in Mk3
>>
>>46620083
>warlocks don't get a similar marshal ability
JUST
>>
>>46619509
It's not just Morghoul with noodle whips.

It's Morghoul's protege that learned that it's not just pain that inflicts damage, but terror.

Too bad that terror got removed from the game, though. She's just a shitty version of Morghoul now.
>>
>>46619995
eKrueger
Mohsar
>>
>>46619995
>>Post the warlockcaster you think will get nerfed and the one you think buffed from your faction

Harbinger might come out looking a little bruised. High Reclaimer and Testament too, if they to rebalance the 5 focus thing and the new implementation turns out being worse than the old one. Cause 5 focus is seriously hard to work with.

I think the Kreosses are going to come out looking well. They've always been solid without being at all crazy, so will likely receive a slight bump that makes them more competitive.
>>
>>46620107
They had some of it, and hey, warlocks are getting buffed for the late game as well.

Being able to generate fury from dead beasts is a huge change for them late game.
>>
File: what.jpg (52 KB, 714x682) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
52 KB, 714x682
>>46619966
>Prontoclad who doesn't need the elaborate rube-Goldberg machine to get Focus

Anon no stop please, I can't face the reality that this will never be real
>>
>>46620098
Oh my Tzeentch, the voice of reason. What are you doing in here?
>>
>>46614695
Skarlock needs a sexy female version
>>
>>46620128

And maybe Kreoss2 can move to a medium base so we can have a more appealing model and complete the small base -> med base -. large base progression.

Oh, and motherfucking weaponmaster!
>>
>>46619995

>Retribution

We'll most likely see a change to Ravyn to get rid of her whole "Snipe Feat Go" shtick. That or eVyros will be changed, those two seem to be the ones that people complain about most.

As for buffs, I'm sure it'll be Garryth. He did just get a character jack recently, and he is objectively our worst caster.
>>
>>46620134
>generate fury from dead beasts
Wait seriously? That's fucking huge. I'll just suicide lesser beasts and sit here with perfect fury every turn.
>>
Post things in your faction that you want to stay at their current power level.

>Kromac2

I'm a simple man. I think he's great and hope he stays at that great spot of "just barely hitting top tier"

Also please let me spam cataphracts with X1 PP
>>
>>46620175
It's only one fury per beast, I think.
>>
>>46620175
They didn't specify exactly how it works, we can assume there is some restriction on it that makes it less desirable than alive beasts.
>>
>>46619995

>plz don't nerf skorne PP
Morghoul2
>>
>>46618446
Nuuuuuuu don't take away something that actually makes jacks worth having.
>>
>>46619995
>Nerfed
None.
>Buffed
All of them.

I play Skorne.
>>
>>46620232
The thing is, Synergy is a bad ability, and it creates very boring lists.

The only Synergy caster who doesn't create boring lists, Syntherion, does so because he's got a bunch of awesome jack support shit, and Synergy is just one piece of it. Hell, it's entirely possible for him to play without really using Synergy in certain matchups, simply because he's doesn't bother to melee.
>>
>>46620212
As a one shot thing? Either way it makes small pack dudes much better.
>>
>>46620228

>pls dont nerf Skorne

Only way to go is up!
>>
>>46620190
>Kromac2

I'll be terminal buttmad if they nerf him too much, unless Kromac1 slides up to fill his spot somehow, I could live with that since LilMac was my jam before BigMac hit.

BigMac is really a sexy model and in the sweet spot balance wise. Probably my favorite release of the last few years.
>>
File: MOHSAR.jpg (420 KB, 728x485) Image search: [Google]
MOHSAR.jpg
420 KB, 728x485
>>46620112
To be honest, I think that Cassius is going to get buffed more than Mohsar. It wasn't until just recently that people realized that he was actually good.

Mohsar was my first caster, 6 years ago, when being FURY 8 actually meant something. Until people realized that Cassius' tree wasn't as significant of a problem, Cassius was the one shit on much more.

Pillars is still strong today, especially in deathclock. It's a one-of-a-kind spell, too. I still can't wait until I see Mohsar's new rendition. (I painted my entire army in his scheme, he better not let me down.)
>>
>>46620280
No, I think it's per turn.

Like, the idea seems to be to decrease the late game hobbling that warlocks suffer so bad by letting them generate some extra fury, even if their beasts are dead.
>>
>>46619554
Mah nigga. I was in the same boat. My cannons in fantasy were merciless.

That said I like pre measuring in games where the ranges aren't huge. I think it's actually more tactical than just hoping you don't get fucked by 1/8th of an inch.

And I never lost the ability to tell the missus her units are in range before she measures. Feels good man.
>>
>>46620232
Synergy was a mistake and should be nerfed/removed except on Amon because he's the OG synergy man

t. Bradigus player
>>
>>46620169
Actually, I think "Snipe Feat Go" is her schtick. She'll just have it revamped to be a spell that isn't OP as fuck, as her new signature spell.
>>
>>46619775
I feel like Reeves are the echoes of an era when CRA was valued way higher than it should be. Models got retarded high costs for having CRA on them. Frankly I want to see Wolves of Orboros get some worth to them. They're a pretty solid unit and just a bump of like two pow on their spears and they would be a really really good unit.
>>
>>46617792
>New hordes faction!
>Not until 2017

Eh, I guess I'll return to the game in a year or so.
>>
Will infantry get point increases to balance out the extra warjack points so the size of the game stays the same size?
>>
>>46619995
Krueger2/Morv2 maybe both.
Grayle. Motherfucker is totally non-functional. At least Mohsar does stuff or did before Croaks
>>
>>46620352

I know, that's mostly wishful thinking on my part
That's why I hate playing as her, SFG is boring as fuck and honestly really lame when it works
>>
>>46620475
Everything's roughly doubling in cost.

So those 28-30 WJ points is roughly equal to 14-15 WJ points in the current system.
>>
File: 1459529277680.jpg (143 KB, 990x702) Image search: [Google]
1459529277680.jpg
143 KB, 990x702
>>46617828
>That Khador caster
feels good man
>>
>>46617828
I want to fuck femRahn!
>>
>>46619643
Kossite woodsmen
Trenchers
Meme-o-wars
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (153 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
153 KB, 800x900
>>46620499
>Khador gets William Riker
>>
>>46620519

>played Rahn for years as he's my favorite caster
>now there's a chick that looks exactly like him

Me too anon. Me too.
>>
>>46617828
>good
Khador, Trolls, Ret
>almost there
Cygnar, Circle, Prot
>shit
Cryx Legion Skorne
Can't wait to see the new merc and minion.
R-r-right guys?
>>
File: SMH TBH FAM.jpg (13 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
SMH TBH FAM.jpg
13 KB, 319x320
>>46620588
>Legion
>Shit
>>
>>46620475

Dunno. I'd assume that, all else being equal, (some) jacks would increase in cost slightly to cover their better focus economy.
>>
>>46620343
My guess is they're allow pre-measuring but most high level games won't measure all but the most vital things to keep the game moving. I kinda like that.
Though I really feel like it is sort of removing a bit of skill from the game.
>>
>>46620493
That's not what I mean. The extra warjack points will mean a new 100 point game will be larger in scale than a 50 game now unless things that aren't jacks get a point increase relative to jacks.
>>
>>46620618
Boring. Can't see her face. Horns could've been a bit bigger for that Maleficent vibe.
>>
What they should've done for the new casters is make the journeymen into full casters.
>>
File: REAL TAKUMI HOURS.png (186 KB, 394x607) Image search: [Google]
REAL TAKUMI HOURS.png
186 KB, 394x607
>>46620649
>Wanting to see PP sculpted """""faces"""""
>>
>>46620645
I'm not sure adding 1 heavy or 2 lights really makes the game larger scale.
>>
I'm hoping they go back to a double digit points system just for list building so things can be better costed. A 1 point solo isn't worth 2 points but it might be worth 1.5 points.
>>
>>46620652
Since you mention it, that would be the obvious thing to do with the time skip and all
>>
>>46620673
It's about the equivalent of 10 points extra.

Wouldn't surprise me if 80 points becomes the new standard.
>>
>>46620475
Aside from everything getting it's points doubled? Probably not.

Although something like 80 or 90pts might end up as tournament standard rather than 100 if people decide it's really important to keep the points exactly equivalent.
>>
>>46617792
25-30 points at double the granularity is like one heavy and one light.

Heavies were ~10 and lights ~5
So 20 and 10 now adds up to 30. Unless they added granularity AND sclaed down the cost of Jacks and Beasts relative to other things.
>>
>>46620731
Keep in mind that the new battleboxes add up to zero points
>>
>>46620731
I know the Skorne box is a titan, radier, and savage for 0 points. That's 17 in todays points, or 34 in Mk 3. So either those beasts are all getting a good relative point discount, or the 20-30 is just a ballpark and some casters have more than that. Haven't checked the other boxes.
>>
>>46620652

Personally, I want to see the Force-Of casters become Epic first.
>>
>>46620347
I second this.
>>
>>46620784
Similarly the Cygnar one is an Ironclad, Lancer, Firefly. which is 18/36

So it seems like beasts/jacks are getting a discount too
>>
>>46619643
Epic Saeryn and Rhyas
Legion infantry
>>
>>46620868
I think it did state that the battlebox casters are battlegroup specialists, so it might be they just legitimately have a ton of extra WJ points and don't support the rest of the army.
>>
>>46620784

They may have deigned to admit that the Savage is a 4-point model as things already are.
>>
>>46620557

>the awkward looks everyone starts giving Ossyan
>>
>>46620645
>The extra warjack points will mean a new 100 point game will be larger in scale than a 50 game now unless things that aren't jacks get a point increase relative to jacks.

Infantry and solos will also be roughly doubling in cost.

Assuming everything stays roughly the same and they make absolutely no adjustments to points other than doubling them (highly unrealistic), armies will be bigger by 1 more heavy at most.
>>
>>46620784
>>46620868
I feel like both those boxes could see a cost decrease during the rework to make their component value 30, or even 28/29 if they're feeling generous. The only thing that doesn't deserve a at least a small point decrease in either of those boxes is the Titan.
>>
Teir list are probably going to die
Just after I bought a second unit of Stormlances
>>
File: Stardust-6.jpg (22 KB, 340x363) Image search: [Google]
Stardust-6.jpg
22 KB, 340x363
>>46620784
>>46620868
Legions new box according to the total point values of mark 2 is 16 points, if I recall. So that'd be up to 32 points if its a straight doubling.
>>
>>46620543

Welp guess I'm starting Khador
>>
>>46619995
None.
Convergence will receive no changes, you heard it here first.
>>
>>46621138

I think they've kind of fucked themselves with theme lists. I doubt you will see theme lists go away with MK3, but it's more likely that the way they work will change drastically.
>>
>>46621138
>Teir list are probably going to die

They're going to change.
>>
>>46620643
With a time limit people wont measure a huge amount.

I used to feel the same way as you re: lower skill. But after playing a bunch of other games with premeasuring it made me realise that it's kind of false skill.
Being able to know where stuff is and what it can achieve without relying on eyeballing opens up a guge range of other tactical options.
>>
>>46621372
You do realize that will make Syntherion fucking bullshit beyond belief, right?
>>
Retribution is nigh
>>
>>46620643
>Though I really feel like it is sort of removing a bit of skill from the game.
Nah, our well trained range-finding eye muscles just became powerful clock management tools. Using your clock effectively is a legit game skill, and being quick and confident in your movements is a big part of that, people who never took the time to git gud without premeasuring won't be as good at it.

Now we just won't be able to BTFO newbies and people with poor depth perception when they get an estimated distance wrong by .5" and die horribly to an alpha or assassination. Darn, what ever will I do?

Also I predict that unless game size increases by some sizable amount (more than the 1 average extra Heavy we'd get if all costs stayed relatively identical), or some other factor comes in to play, that deathclock is going to be shorter since allowing premeasuring should save the average player a good 5-10 minutes over the course of a long game.
>>
>>46621629

Oh god yes. We have so many garbage options that'll get buffed. The HRT, the Hydra, the Scyir. They'll finally be fucking usable. Hell yes. Or maybe PP hates us and won't bother to make them good, but after the crazy stuff they've given us in the last few books it's clear they've been listening to the players and giving us the shit we need.

Oh, and Garryth. Can't wait to see a buffed Garryth, the thought makes my dick hard as diamonds.
>>
Does anyone know what these new kits are going to be made out of?

Any hope they'll be nice plastic instead of the malformed,rubbery 'jacks from the last battleboxes?
>>
>>46621928

People have guessed that they're the shitty coloured plastic from the IKRPG board games, but a PP staffer confirmed that they're just the same generic plastic from the original battle boxes.

So... not as good as it could have been, but not as bad either.

Also apparently all the new casters will also be in a blister with an alternate sculpt.
>>
>>46621970
>an alternate sculpt
Hopefully that saves many of the shit sculpts in the battleboxes.
>>
>>46617828
>Everyone else's faction
>You get new shit
>My faction
>Lol tricked you, no new shit eat a dick
>>
>>46622025
>tricked you
PP said CoC will not be getting regular releases. It isn't their fault you can't read.
If you're playing minions/mercs - they're not actually a faction. PP also stated that.
>>
File: file.png (256 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
file.png
256 KB, 800x648
>>46618086
>>
>>46622046
>No regular releases
>Tease everyone with NEWCOLOSALGUYS! AND NEW CASTER GUYS!
>Never release them
>Ever
>>
>>46622076
Colossal has a release date. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>46622097
>it's before MK3
get fucked cockfags.
>>
>>46622076

>tease everyone with new caster

They had Orion in High Command. There's literally no obligation to have him appear on the tabletop. That's like jerking off to a nude picture of a girl and then demanding that it's her responsibility to finish you off.
>>
>>46622162
>It's PissPants IDF hour again

I guess jokes are now outlawed since they offend the delicate PPIDF sensibility!
>>
>>46622186
What joke? Jokes have punchlines and payoffs. All I see is bitching.
>>
>>46622208
This. Jokes are funny.
>>
>>46622186

>jokes are now outlawed

Where's the joke?
>>
Could the reason there is no new CoC caster is that they are getting merged into mercs? or maybe cygnar?
>>
Mark III changes a lot of things - some of which have been accurately guessed in this thread/the thread before, but honestly its not such a big departure that you won't be able to grasp it without struggling through a ton.
>>
>>46622220
>>46622208
>>46622252
>be PPIDF
>See someone jabbing some fun at the fact CoC got conflux "teased" a long-ass time ago and that CoC never gets release
>Someone makes a joke that everyone gets a release with MK3 but CoC
>STOP!!!! NOT FUN! WHY, AND HOW THE FUCK YOU FUCKING DARE TO MAKE FUN OF GLORIOUS MASTER AND OWNER OF MINE PP?!?!?!?!? GET FUCKED FAGGOT >>>>:(((((

Ameripiggy /tg/ is worst /tg/.
>>
>>46622278
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>46622260
Naw, the reason is "Limited release faction" that's why all of their units sans one are pretty fucking great.

And the one is because they just don't work mechanically, not because number shuffling (unless you literally give them a 50% melee damage increase).
>>
>>46622260
They're getting their own faction deck and they're getting a new Colossal in July, so I doubt it.
>>
>>46622293
>I'm a proud shill!
>>
File: 1435726761708.gif (1 MB, 417x242) Image search: [Google]
1435726761708.gif
1 MB, 417x242
>>46622278

>I was just joking wow PPIDF in fullforce guis geez its just a prank

You're either really bad at making a joke or back pedaling really hard here. You can take your pick.
>>
File: pepe common.png (208 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
pepe common.png
208 KB, 400x386
>>46622304
>Release CoC colossal in july
>Do MK3 release on June
>Conflux rules are for MK2

Literally cannot wait for robofag suicide
>>
>>46622329
Reality:
>People make a joke that everyone from /tg/ knows by now
PPIDF mind:
>DEI MEAN TO MASTAH! I MUST DEFEND DAH MASTAH!!!!

These threads sure have changed for worse.
>>
>>46622278

>everyone is excited for Mk3
>a CoC player has to drag in their tired old drama about how PP won't update them
>"someone makes a joke"

The butthurt of you bitchy Convergence players who didn't realize what they were getting into gets me every time.
>>
>>46622346
It's most likely the opposite.

It's quite possible that Mk2 rules for the Conflux simply don't exist, thus the lack of spoilers for it.

Indeed, I bet the Mk2 rules for all the Colossals are, while likely close to the Mk3 rules, simply placeholders so they could release the book.

None of the Mk2 rules published in the book will ever get used, after all, and I bet they knew that.
>>
>>46622387
Except the Sepulcher.
>>
>>46622369

>make a joke
>just a Convergence player bitching
>a joke
>>
>>46617828

That Khador one looks like he's weilding the same annihilator Axe Man-O-War use.

Also, I wonder is the next incarnation of Karchev coming in MK3.
>>
>>46622387
Didn't people use victor and the scyrrah one?
Also, jesus fuck if PPIDF isn't full force today, some random faggot makes a joke and they go nuclear, lol.
>>
>>
>>46622440
>Karchev, rage in the machine
>It's a fucking spirit-possessing anger-driven karchev
>It's still as rules-confusing as ever
>>
>>46622443

>warjacks buffed
>new Behemoth sculpt

Okay guess I'm starting Khador
>>
>>46622443

Did they redo Behemoth or did they find a way to mass produce him now?
>>
>>46622416
I wonder though. Will it have cards for both in the box, or will it include the Mk3 cards? It's releasing right before Mk3

>>46622442
Not officially, at any rate.
>>
>>46622443
>no more dancing behemoth

Awesome. His legs actually look like they can support him.
>>
>>46622494
all the Apotheosis jacks are getting resculpts
>>
>>46622443

>Behemoth
>WITHOUT BABY LEGS

Welp. Looks like I gotta start a Khador army.
>>
>>46622476
As a Khador player, June and July are going to be expensive months for me.

>New caster/battlebox
>New rulebook and faction deck
>Mad Dog/Rager/Berserker kit
>Behemoth resculpt

>>46622494
All the Apotheosis jacks are getting resculpts.
>>
>>46622443
Muh dick
>>
>>46622510
I like the DJ sculpt but I'll be glad to be able to take a plastic one places without worrying about him exploding like a hand grenade even with the fuckload of pinning I did.
>>
>>46622387
>It's quite possible that Mk2 rules for the Conflux simply don't exist
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

The signs were right there an we just didn't see them.
>>
>>46622577
I've said it before, but what I think is more interesting is what about casters like eZaal?

Like, he's got such obvious skornigy in his kit that we were all left baffled at how the fuck he could even be released, since he simply doesn't work the way he looks like he should.

But what if he was built for Mk3, and then he was dropped into Mk2 without really doing his rules? There's some clear problems, and maybe it's because he was never intended to be a Mk2 caster. And you know for a fact they designed him for Mk3, since given his timeline he was likely finished when the rules were in the final stages, if not very close.
>>
>>46622645

Here's hoping.

If Immortals get the ability to contribute souls to him or AG's become better somehow it could be interesting.

Also if Skorne infantry gets some buffs.
>>
>>46617901
Not really, no.
>>
>>46622818

It's going to have to be that if Theme Forces get it in the neck; pretty much all Skorne construct models are standing on that one thin support.
>>
>>46622818
Some stuff points to that.

Mage Sight, for example, gets better the more models you have in a battlegroup.

So even if the spell stays unchanged, it's going to be better on virtue of the fact that battlegroups will be bigger.
>>
>>46622852
I'm personally hoping Theme Forces either get dropped or don't get put into Competitive environments.

When I started thinking about it more, I realized even the less offensive themes end up causing a lot of issues. Syntherion's, for example. It's not game breaking, but it's just giving him buffs and free points for playing the way he was going to anyways. Seems kind of silly, balance wise, to give him a bunch of extra benefits for playing a list he was already going to play.
>>
You know that formation thing they were doing as part of the event a while back? Where you'd have a unit and some solos that get bonuses? I want to see that replace theme lists.
>>
>>46622881

Skorne has a pretty good filtering mechanic for that:
>what do you mean our theme forces don't allow our good support models?
Nobody gets Willbreakers. pZaal's doesn't even let you take BEAST HANDLERS. People still play the thing for what it does for Extollers and Constructs.
>>
>>46617828
>Implying the Cygnar one isn't goofy as fuck.
>>
File: Themes.png (118 KB, 1357x393) Image search: [Google]
Themes.png
118 KB, 1357x393
Theme lists survive in some fashion
>>
>>46618140
>>46618086

Im too superstitious not to see this as an ill omen. My biggest fear is that the upped point values, reduced overall cost will increase the model count. 50 points was more or less perfect.
>>
>>46618140
>Being pessimistic and later pleasantly surprised is a good problem to have.

Meh. It can also be discouraging and lead to people not wanting to ever ask you opinion because they know it's going to be unrealistically negative.

Which is part of the reason why they skipped anything approaching player feedback leading up to MK3. They mentioned getting thousands of largely useless responses that amounted to it's broken/it sucks for every single model with very little actual useful critique.
>>
>>46623061
Given that they've stated that Colossals have increased in cost(even beyond the 2x thing), it doesn't feel that way.

Even without possible point modifications, a Colossal is stated to be about 52 points under the new rules. That's half an army, before warjack points.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.