[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space Marine Chapter help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Space marine Chapter.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1498) Image search: [Google]
Space marine Chapter.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1498
So, after seing the death consulus, i wanted help for my own chapter, and see if it is up to fluff.
>follow the Emperors Truth (Conquest+science. Emporor is the greatest MAN ever/ not a god)
>Scientists/genetisists
>homeworld is near the EoT.
>High number if psykers.
>noncodex.
>only let to live by the inquisition in extange for R'n'D of new weapons
>harvests the Enemy Dead for Reserch.
>>
>>46610372
Looks like it could have serious potential for awesome but for

>follow the Emperors Truth (Conquest+science. Emporor is the greatest MAN ever/ not a god)

The Emperor's Truth was that there were no gods. These dudes live next to the Eye of Terror. That shit is not going to fly.
>>
>>46610586
ok. other than that it works?
what should there insignia be. for a name, i was thinking Emporors wisdom.
>>
File: 1451865917980.jpg (131 KB, 480x546) Image search: [Google]
1451865917980.jpg
131 KB, 480x546
>>46610372
Half of what you've described makes more sense for a sect of the Adeptus Mechanicus that tends towards the unorthodox viewpont on the subject of innovation.

Marines doing RnD is like panzer tanks being used as family cars. A bizarre and sensless missuse of resources. Moreso given proximity to the Eye of Terror as they wouldn't even have the points of not constant war that chapters like the salamanders see, that affords them the ability to more closely interact with the people of their homeworld.

My suggestion on how to move towards fixing it:
Make it a chapter closely aligned with the admech on political ground, even if they don't align with them in matters of faith. Perhaps one of the larger but more out there xenerite subcults. Then have them act to test the creations of this group rather than being themsleves the developers and researchers. The excuse for the Inquisition staying off their back can be moved to the admech subcult covering for them based on the aid they provide to them, not to mention since their near the eye of terror, it tends to be easier to get away with such dubious activities.
>>
>>46610680
thank you. also
>yourpicwasrelated
>>
>>46610612
For insignia a double helix with a black halo around it.

They are genetisists and psyker heavy with beliefs that get them in shit with at least one faction within the Inquisition but never so much that they get exterminated.

This suggests to me that they see the Emperor as the ultimate human and the first of a new race and herald of Pure Humanity.

To put it not bluntly they are psyker supremacists. This gets them in shit with the inquisition. It doesn't get them exterminated because there is a psyker supremacist movement in the inquisition who fucking love them.
>>
>>46610757
HOLY FUCK. this works so much. this is starting to get off the ground!
>>
>>46610757
what are the mesurments for a sholder transfer?
>>
>>46610768
They might also see the Emperor as the originator of the holy psychic gene. He was already many thousands of years old when he founded the Imperium so, they would claim, it is not unreasonable to suggest that he is the common ancestor of every psychic in humanity.

That would be more of an in-chapter idea widely believed but not actually part of their official scripture.
>>
>>46610680
>Marines doing RnD

It is done quite frequently, though, especially by chapters with poor ties to the Mechanicus. It's often done out of necessity for said reason, because they can't get ahold of Mechanicus resources so they have to innovate to stay competitive.

Or, they could be Blood Angels, and just say, "Fuck you, we're First Founding, you ain't talkin bout shit."
>>
I like that color scheme.
It reminds me of the champagne blason, too.

Given how you describe them, rather than new weaponry, I think their geneticist/psyker approach would make them tinkerers trying to make better marines (and librarians). Lots of apothecaries, I presume.

The inquisition would probably be very happy to send them study some 'nids.

>>46610586
Dunno, EoT doesn't automaticallt imply gods to me. They could consider warp entities to be of minor intelligence, or simply personified emotions, rather than powerful beings.
>>
Would a psychic breeding program be too heretical.
>>
>>46612433
no. any more phykers means more phykers for the pshyker god.
>>
>>46610372
When you say
>High number if psykers.
How many are we talking?

A few per company or 1 per squad?
>>
What did you like about the death consuls?
>>
>>46610372
>R'n'D of new weapons

Tech heresy perhapse?
>>
Hey op, you need help fluffing things out? I can write
>>
>>46615413
loved them.
>>
>>46615375
as many as possable. even tactical units have a higher than average warp presence.
>>
>>46616067
yes please!
>>
>>46616239
>>46616276
Which one was your favorite?

Do you have a chapter hero?

lets spitball some ideas.
>>
>>46616322
what if they engineered shock collars for orks, and use their beliefs to manufacture crap. scrap piles are one zap away from a rhino.
>>
>>46616706
see that would be too Magical realmy.
Instead they screen scouts for their psychic potential, and if they are not particularly strong psykers, they must instead show that they are good engineers.
>>
>>46616762
sapiocracy? i like where we are taking this!
>>
>>46617035
yeah.
How about a story where a scout just stays a scout because he is a bad engineer, and eventually becomes the scout trainer like cyrus. He is well respected but lovably called half wit because he isn't STEM smart.
>>
>>46617063
YES! any 1d4chn mods here? strike up an article!
>>
>>46617378
barely know anything on that chapter like what world they are on.
>>
>>46617438
no idea. any suggestions? anywhere empty near the EoT?
>>
>>46610372

If you can't even spell research or know that it's called the Imperial Truth I think you're going to have a hard time making your homebrew chapter sound good.

Just saying.
>>
File: STAYBACK!.png (14 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
STAYBACK!.png
14 KB, 800x600
>>46617454
if the death consolus can make up "siberius", could we have (since they are nerds who like knowledge) promethius prime. they only inhabit underground gardens and labs beneath the surface, because proximity to the EoT makes it a chaotic wasteland. all launchpads and doors are airlocks, sealed to prevent any murderapists getting in.
>>
File: promethius prime prototype..png (38 KB, 1366x1078) Image search: [Google]
promethius prime prototype..png
38 KB, 1366x1078
how about this?
>>
Figure I'd ask here, anyone have the link to the program where you make pixellated space marines? I remember you could give them all the equipment/armor marks, and I think it was used it Chapter Master.
>>
File: ASCDT_cave.jpg (154 KB, 385x570) Image search: [Google]
ASCDT_cave.jpg
154 KB, 385x570
So we've got a slightly mad bunch of psychic supremacists

They live in a an underground bunker city the heart of which is a derelict space war ship of some sort.

They conduct genetic experiments and run a psychic breeding program.

They are loved and loathed by the Inquisition and the Ad-mech occasionally get them to test stuff.

Their homeworld is a wasteland with mild warp exposure on the surface due to being close to the Eye of Terror.

They are deep in Mechanicus philosophies and ideologies but not necessarily the religion.

I think I've found the head of the local tech-priests at least.
>>
>>46617378
Let's see if it can't get past the first thread
>>
Sadly, Vasenica is dead.
/Tg/ has forgotten it and there it is, rotting underneath the carpet
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.