[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you go about running Problem Sleuth-styled tabletop,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: psadpi.png (9 KB, 415x336) Image search: [Google]
psadpi.png
9 KB, 415x336
How would you go about running Problem Sleuth-styled tabletop, /tg/? It already has stats in it (Vim/Pulchritude/Imagination), but what system would you use? WoD? GURPS? Something homebrewed?

Homeskub need not apply.
>>
>>46605717
Obviously Gumshoe.
>>
>>46605830
Too.... realistic? PS's world is so fantastical and comical that I don't think a conventional investigative system would work properly for it. Or more accurately, investigation wouldn't be the main focus of the game.
>>
>>46605946
But wouldn't you be investigating the underpinnings of the cosmos?
>>
>>46605717
To cut to the chase (and run it more in line with how it was created) you want a system where someone can just suggest something plausible enough or interesting enough that it makes the right sort of sense, and then the GM can run with that--like the way Problem Sleuth was written.

Risus would be perfect, or maybe Fate Accelerated.
>>
>>46605717
Party begins knowing nothing of the syrem. Over the course of the game the GM invents increasingly complex mechanics as he goes, explaining them to the players briefly and only using them once or twice in most cases. Also the showdown with the bbeg takes a little over half the entire campaign. After you're done you run sburb RPG and take a 2 year hiatus from gaming.
>>
>>46605717
Risus, Fate, Time Wizards and Exalted.
no, not -OR-. -AND-.
>>
>>46605717
FATE would work fine. I ran a SBURB session with it and it functioned perfectly with a little bit of tweaking. Shouldn't be too hard to pull off, even if you leave the players with no idea of what they're doing.
>>
>>46606285
Start a kickstarter for a spinoff video game based on your campaign
>>
>>46606371
Then have your Dad die and the money stolen from said kickstarter.
>>
>>46605717
Rules-lite homebrew
The whole thing was as consistent and solid as diarrhoea, and a full-fledged system would fuck with that honestly
>>
>>46605717
Dungeons the Dragoning
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.