[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we not like Rifts again? This probably seems like a stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_no6802vzRg1talkc3o1_1280.jpg (139 KB, 626x825) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no6802vzRg1talkc3o1_1280.jpg
139 KB, 626x825
Why do we not like Rifts again?
This probably seems like a stupid question to a more seasoned fa/tg/uy, but from what I've seen of the mechanics and the broadness of the characters, enemies and settings, it seems at least alright.
>>
Saturday morning cartoon setting, obnoxious power creep/setting book bloat, refusal to update rules, relentless shitposting about greatness, psychopathic franchise owner, HFY jingoism, being mostly made of bait, n-gage, etc.
>>
>>46600536
Did you just have a stroke, what does half of that even mean?
>>
File: Photo on 4-10-16 at 7.43 PM.jpg (89 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-10-16 at 7.43 PM.jpg
89 KB, 720x480
>>46600536
>>46600275

I happen to think it's a perfectly enjoyable setting...
>>
>>46600536
Seconding this. The rules stink, the setting is fun. Saturday Morning Cartoon fun but I'm not too young to enjoy that once in a while.
>>
>>46600536
>>46600275

>psychopathic franchise owner

THIS. JFC dude is a lunatic.
>>
>>46600536
As much as I dislike spouting memes

>Let go of your Jimmies
>seek unrusslement

Yes, the system is flawed. Yes, the setting can at times be described as schizophrenic. Yes, it is far from perfect in any way, shape or form. If you acknowledge the above when going into the game and have a GM who will work with you all it can be amazingly fun.

Don't like magic? Great, do a post apocalyptic techno thriller. Over the top bad guys dragging you down? Don't use them! The very fact that there is so much in the Rifts setting means that nothing must be used. In the two years and four campaigns my group has run Rifts we have interacted with the meta plot maybe twice.

TLDR the game is flawed but it can be fun anyway.
>>
alright mates just hold on a second here

power creep. This is the crybaby bullshit about MEGADAMAGE, amirite? Personally it seems all in good fun to me, if you expect lasers to sting like a scratch you're in the wrong game system

now what really irates me is the hand to hand combat rules
>>
>>46600536
>HFY jingoism
You do know what board you're on, right?
>>
>>46605436

Power creep isn't always just weapons doing more damage anon. Although in the case of rifts South America it was. Its martial arts granting auto dodge, and other fucking abilities in Rifts Japan.
>>
>>46600275
I do know I'm going to like the Savage Worlds version a lot more than Pallidium's.
>>
I like seeing rifts threads because I had fun (despite its many, many flaws) with it years ago... But I had no idea the creator was a nut job? Can someone tell me more about that?
>>
>>46606202
Seconded.
>>
>>46606050
Well, I mean, and this is just a suggestion from a humble faggot OP...don't use those modules and rulebooks? If they're clearly broken, and trust me an auto dodge function sounds like five different flavors of bullshit, just use what people know is good and have a clear delineation.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.