[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sss/ - Super Stand Sunday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 46
File: 1459685571394.jpg (357 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1459685571394.jpg
357 KB, 1200x900
>sunday evening
>no /sss/

Sweet Like a Chic-a-Cherry Cola Edition:
Let's see what sorta Stands we can come up with, and rate those of others.

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.
>>
File: 1459685658607.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459685658607.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Next post has a hack)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>Attached file

Next post will feature the question of the thread.
>>
File: 1459685756062.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459685756062.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Question of the Thread: What's the most overpowered Stand you've come up with and how could it conceivably be defeated?

Now for some misc links:
>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>Note: Rebuilding/adding info as we find it in the archives.

>d100 System (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
>>
File: JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.8b.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.8b.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's JJBAHRP Draft 0.0.8b. Additions this time include almost a dozen new Stand power sets, a complete chapter on the Joestars, the Ripple, and the Speedwagon Foundation, and a preview of a chapter on the world's locales. There's also a link added to my patreon should anyone wish to support it and any of my other homebrew gaming endeavors.
>>
QM to be from last week with one more Stand to share and hopefully bounce ideas off of.

Digital Paralysis is an ability type stand (until I can think of a proper form for it to take) that acts as a lag switch, delaying all effects to or from its user for up to 10 seconds. During this time people will perceive DP's user as seeming to teleport, becoming invincible, and randomly freezing in place.

Power: E
Durability: A
Speed: E
Range: C
Precision: E
Potential: E

As a note, I have no clue how to stat ability stands, and will probably change those stats once I figure out what form to give it.
>>
>>46594982
Actually, I have two answers to that question, both derived from one of my first Stand sets. The first, 「What Have I Got Of My Own」, would have been the "final" boss of its part, with the power to make 「Contracts」 with other Stand users, then acquire their Stand powers and stat gains through those when that Stand user died; it started very weak, but through story progression would've ended with A ranks in all stats, and at least six power sets, including various time-based abilities from one particular minion of his which would've exhausted him rapidly at full tilt, leaving him vulnerable.

The second, the "true" final boss of the same part, is called 「The Open Door」, with the power to generate and manipulate a substance that erased any energy it touched, letting it amongst other things obliterate matter due to matter and energy being interchangable, kill people instantly (and possibly turn them into vampires) by erasing their life energy, and even negate the energy inherent to Stands, permanently erasing the victim's Stand in a way that makes it impossible to regain even through methods such as the Stand arrow, with a corresponding failure of willpower as a result. The only method I can think of to deal with that is "don't get hit". 20m Range, Precision C. Good luck with that.
>>
>>46594982
>Question of the day

[Fate of The Stars], the final boss of a JoJo campaign I'm running, which can subtly tug the strings of fate in his favor. Essentially Dragon's Dream without the Feng Shui theme. Beating him basically comes down to swarm tactics and the players being unpredictable, as he can only do so much with it at once, or killing him before he gets FotS.

He has a Pucci like stand progression, and most of the campaign is spent between stopping his ritual and routing another stand user trying to become a King of Stands.
>>
>>46596371
>Pucci-like progression
>King of Stands
Yeah okay, so we're gonna need you to elaborate on both of these, preferably in the most fabulous manner possible.
>>
Tryin' to think of a proper ability for a [Never Split The Party], but I'm a bit stumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ
>>
>>46594982
>Question of the Thread

I remember I once randomed a Stand with the power to collapse all of space and time with the name Dance On The Ruins and the combo was just too perfect to not write up. The way I conceived it was that as soon as the stand came into existence all of reality began to collapse in on a single point, its user. So you'd get weird shit happening because all that ever was and is going to be was suddenly being compressed into the now at a steady rate. people and things that exist now would just get folded in with the versions being pushed together from the future and the past, but then your descendants and ancestors would start showing up.
>>
>>46596631
FotS's user (Candor) starts with a stand who's main point is being a 10/10 chick non stand users can see, tricks a dude who's stand lets him grow stronger via The Power of Friendship (aka a JRPG protagonist) into being a villain who can go super sayian via The Power of Love. Once the JRPG villain protagonist dies Candor gains his second stand, which magnifies the phenomenon of opposites attracting within its radius, making crazy shit happen constantly like soft rubber balls automatically bouncing towards solid walls, people of opposite personalities being drawn to each other, and cats riding dogs like steeds everywhere.

MEANWHILE another guy gets split into four people who represents his four biggest personality traits, and all of them gains stands independently afterwards. One of them, Juno, represents egotism and has a stand that lets him make claymation dolls out of literally anything, and decides to use it to make an army and use his three "brothers" as vassals for a kingdom of stand users to inherent the earth.

Once Juno falls to the party the ritual to summon Fate of The Stars hits its final stage and its a race against time before Candor can rewrite fate without needing The World Over Heaven's time travel nonsense.
>>
File: strokes imaginary chin.png (870 KB, 652x683) Image search: [Google]
strokes imaginary chin.png
870 KB, 652x683
Is it possible to time travel in JJBA and create a different outcome? Would that be too powerful an ability for a stand to have?
>>
>>46597486
Depends on how you time travel and in what direction. One /tg/ created stand, [Who Wants To Live Forever], is about stabbing a victim with a clockhand sword in order to [steal time] from said victim, leaving them an old withered husk. The user can then spend that gathered time and travel back in time. One implementation has him use this power to travel from the modern era all the way back to the French Revolution so as to masquerade as Maximilien Robespierre.
>>
>>46597486
Depending on how far the user is willing to go, they could be a truly terrifying opponent. Imagine working your way into the BBEG's lair, you and your JoBros are ready to lay down the hurt.

Then one of them disappears. You can't remember his name, his Stand, anything. He's been snuffed out in the crib and you don't even know it.
>>
File: A real man's world.png (2 MB, 723x1200) Image search: [Google]
A real man's world.png
2 MB, 723x1200
>>46597589
Can turn back time pretty far... I'd say at least a day at the most. However only the stand is capable of going back in time.

User first uses the ability as an information gathering technique, allowing him to see the past use of an object/know the past 24 hours.... Eventually figures out there is more to their stand's power and weaponizes it somehow.
>>
So, is anyone running/willing to run a JJBA game on Roll20? I've been wanting to play one for a while now
>>
>>46597749
This seem too strong?
>>
>>46597486
>>46597589
>>46597675
>>46597749

The final boss Stand user of my JoJo campaign is called Amused to Death and it's power is time travel. Instead of just transporting himself back in time his Stand transfers his present memories and personality into his past self's body. This was partially to place a limit on his time travel shenanigans so that he specifically can't just kill the players as babies or whatever.

Koyama came back in time to prevent his war torn future wherein the world was basically destroyed by a Stand user who lost control of their powers. That Stand user happens to be our JoJo, Gyakujo Sudo. She's kind of a Johnny Joestar figure with a weak Stand that becomes progressively stronger through "Acts". With Act 4 being what eventually destroyed the world.

I'm going to to try and imply that Koyama has used Amused to Death hundreds of times already in an attempt to find a solution to the problem without killing anyone and our campaign takes place on the final timeline, Koyama has given hope of finding a non-lethal solution and has resolved to kill JoJo and anyone else that Stands in his way.
>>
[Soulbizness]

A physically underwhelming stand that finds its true strength in its ability to deliver powerful shocks based on how emotionally excited its opponents are. [Soulbizzness] uses long tentacles that require contact with the target to do this.

For example, [Soulbizness] would deliver mild shocks if somebody was resting or meditating. Painful shocks if somebody is angry or joyful. And lastly, heart-stopping, tissue-damaging shocks if somebody is enraged or exuberant. In short, [Soulbizness] can turn people's battle spirit against them with lethal results.

>Power: C
>Durability: E
>Speed: E
>Range: B
>Precision: C
>Potential: E
>>
>>46598251
Sounds pretty neat and re-affirms my belief that changing timelines may just be impossible.
>>
File: 001.png (3 MB, 1560x1200) Image search: [Google]
001.png
3 MB, 1560x1200
『HOT MESS』This stand materializes as a single stick of lipstick. Once the user applies it anyone they kiss will be under their control. The only way to take off the effect is to somehow smudge the makeup or have the user release the ability. Smudging reduces effectiveness.
『HOT MESS Act 2』Materializes as a humanoid made of lingerie clothing all over its body. In addition to the lipstick ability it can blow kisses at its targets to use the lipstick. It also has the ability to remove its lingerie chest piece to reveal its breasts to a target. Once the target sees HOT MESS's breast they may have their heart explode in their chest, have a uncontrollable gush of blood from their noses, or faint in battle. It is extremely hard to look away once the target is hit by this attack.
Power: C Speed: B Range: A Precision: A Dura: C Learn: A
>>
A few notes:

1) My group and I changed our campaign name to just "Bizarre Adventures" to dissociate the campaign from any one given name.

2) We further settled on an official title for our Part 1: Moon God Fountain. From now on, when I post pertaining to my campaign I will go by "Moon Godo Fountain GM."

3) From the way the campaign is going I think it will be a trilogy. The first act will have been the journey to the Mississippi River, the second the journey down the Mississippi, and the third week be the journey to Florida.
>>
File: New York Minute.png (1 MB, 1784x960) Image search: [Google]
New York Minute.png
1 MB, 1784x960
I found the cutest stand ever.
>>
File: Tusk_2_ASB.png (2 MB, 1100x1150) Image search: [Google]
Tusk_2_ASB.png
2 MB, 1100x1150
>>46598741
But that isn't Tusk Act 2
>>
File: Diego Brando.png (753 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Diego Brando.png
753 KB, 500x700
>>46598831
I never liked Tusk.
It was a creepy little stand with DUMB act powers until the last one.
>>
>>46595057
Anybody got some feedback for me on the newest draft?
>>
[Kings and Queens of Wasteland]

An ability type stand that takes the form of a map. The legend on the map details the area the user is located allowing modification of any factor of a civilization within 1-kilometer of the user.
Power - D

Speed - E

Range - E

Durability - A

Precision - E

Potential - A
>>
>>46599546
That would be an item type, unless you mean he needs to Purple Hermit a blank piece of paper
>>
File: rock.jpg (1 MB, 2304x3072) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
1 MB, 2304x3072
Name: Luna Rock/Rocky/Rock of Ages

Backstory: It's a rock. It fell from the sky (read: a chunk of the Moon blasted off by a meteorite impact) and landed here. There's lot of stories and mysticism concerning it, lots of superstitions from the locals. It's a notorious landmark and tourist attraction of sorts.

Appearance: It's a rock, taller than an adult man and several times as heavy. It is unusually smooth for a chunk of Moon that crash-landed into Earth after a meteorite impact, and its surface is covered in silver-toned patterns of some strange space metal, which its Stand mirrors.

Personality: Folksy and relaxed. Blunt and down to earth. Doesn't get sarcasm. Often stubborn. Aggressively defensive of its homeplace.

STAND

Stand name: [Rock Lobster]

Stand ability: Mineral control. Reshape stone and minerals while retaining their solidity by moving the individual particles.

Appearance: A giant lobster made of floating chunks of rock. Think Rayman's limbs. It is covered in constantly-shifting silvery arabesques that reflect light, but mostly the moonlight. Its six eyes alternate between glassy white orbs that emit a strange glow and round blobs of solid shadow. Its back is covered in barnacle-shaped openings, from which rocky versions of all kinds of sealife crawl out and sculpt the landscape according to Luna Rock's wishes.

Stats

POWER: A
SPEED: D
RANGE: B
DURABILITY: A
PRECISION: C
LEARNING: E
>>
>>46599012
OK Valentine
>>
>>46598533
>Hot Mess
Is that JEB!'s Stand?

*air horn*
>>
>jjba part 4 anime is out
>/sss/ is back
I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN
it's good to be back
>>46598741
>act stands
In the fucking trash
>>
>>46594982
>Question of the Thread: What's the most overpowered Stand you've come up with and how could it conceivably be defeated?

In terms of what it can accomplish? Definitely Left Rights ACT 4, the final progression of Jose Trejo's Stand. It has to counter a Stand that can create parallel realities, so it has to be strong. In fact, applied correctly, it could circumvent GER.
To be honest, Left Rights ACT 4 is godlike. Essentially, it grants the ability of time travel into the past and parallel timelines, as well as the ability to replace anything with its counterpart from a time the user could travel to. However, its abilities are Spin-based, so if you found some way to prevent Jose from using the Spin, you'd only have to deal with an incredibly strong punchghost with a slippery, cunning user.
Canonically, Jose "defeats" himself. His mental health deteriorates over the course of Bound In Crimson Thread, and in the end he has a moment of clarity and realizes he really shouldn't have access to that kind of power. He uses it to restore himself to an earlier state, before the events of the plot, but his earlier self has no Stand or any memory of what's happened, including who his friends are.
However, they remember who he was. They befriend him once again, and make a silent vow: to keep the world of Stands a secret from their old friend, to drive him back home to see his family again, and to protect the man who forgot he saved the world.
>>
>>46594982
>Question of the Thread: What's the most overpowered Stand you've come up with and how could it conceivably be defeated?

inb4 "double dutch bus can't be beat" - Jordan Johns
>>
>>46603889
P L S G O
L
S

G
O
>>
>>46594982
I once got a stand that was omnipotent.

Fucking sucked though.
>>
>>46594928
I've been waiting for this.
I had a group of four that turned into a group of five, based on a very silly search and idea. The theme is fairly obvious- I'm thinking a group of BBEGs?
「The Wizard」 appears as several dozen bolts with tiny legs and six insectoid wings attached to the top. Their main power is connected to the user's pockets- They can disassemble and store up to seven 'phenomena', flying forth to reassemble it on command. Past examples have included a small flow of lava, an entire functioning engine, an entire person minus clothing, and a hail of bullets from an automatic weapon. All of a single phenomenon must come from the same source, and extras can't be brought along. The stand is also incapable of harming a target except by environmental factors (e.g., reforming someone above a 200 foot drop), can only reform a phenomenon in the same configuration it was captured in (no spreading a campfire out into a ring of fire, for example) and partially- assembled or disassembled targets are frozen in time and impervious to damage.
>>
>>46604318
「The Joker」 appears as an absurd motorcycle helmet with long missing stripe in the back, and the visor is a mask of grinning teeth. Subtle ribbons descend from the neck hole, wrapping around the user's body and giving significant short range power, though its main abilities center around learning. Its primary ability allows its user to 'dump' stored learning to activate a short-term learning boost to 'fill' the missing learning- He could forget how to drive a car, for example, then spend a few minutes studying a lock and open it easily. He'd retain lockpicking knowledge until he dumped it for something else. The stand's strands also allow it to copy 'learning' by touch- The user could dump some learning, touch an opponent, and learn all about their fighting experience, for example.
>>
>>46604405
「The Warrior」 appears studded with tiny round shields, with long tassels descending from its head and joints. Its hands and feet are armed with short spikes. Its power causes it and its user to become 'force prisms'- exerting physical force merely travels through and impacts another surface it's touching (air tends to be too spread out for effective dispersal). A barrage of ORAS to the face merely splinters the ground around its feet, a car impacting the user merely destroys the wall behind them, etc.
>>
>>46604489
「The Renegade」 wears a beaten-up leather jacket and chaps, and its limbs and head are twisted wire armatures wrapped in bandages. A circlet of spiked leather crosses its head around where its eyes would be. The stand's main power allows its user to 'Defy Expectations', showing them the assumptions and guesses others have made about the user specifically. If an opponent gets the impression that the stand can read minds, the user learns of it; if an opponent gets the impression the user will go for a straight-up punch to the jaw, the user learns this as well. The stand's only limitations are that it can't tell the user about what targets think about anyone ELSE, that the user must be aware of the target for it to begin relaying information, and how quickly the user can react on learned information.
>>
>>46604571
So a reverse Double Dutch Bus?
>>
>>46604571
And last but not least, the one I cheated the most on the name with. 「The Reaper」 was also in the running for a bit.

「The Prophet」 appears as a rail-thin figure wrapped in thick black bands. What patches of skin can be seen are covered in glowing greek symbols. The stand's main power is to 'bless' or 'curse' creatures and objects, visible as glowing or black writing on whatever the stand touches. Things on opposite 'teams' are incapable of bringing direct aid to something on the other team, as well as being incapable of directly harming things on their own team. Things on neither team can give aid or harm at their own discretion. For example, a blessed medic couldn't do anything but make an injury worse for a cursed patient, while a blessed protagonist could fruitlessly ORA away all day on the stand's blessed user.
>>
>>46600913
That's pretty much what I meant. I should have clarified it better.
>>
>>46604643
Less of an anypower and more an information gathering bit. It would let the user dodge quite effectively, since it relays "I think he's going to dodge to the left, so I'll feint right", and similarly aid attacking, but it doesn't get or lose powers or anything. It's just a mental tap for expectations.

It also lets the user bluff incredibly well.
>>
>>46604711
>>46604571
>>46604489
>>46604405
>>46604318
Oh shit I killed it.
>>
>>46606248
Nah, we're just in dead hours
>>
Time for a bump with the first enemy stand to survive an encounter with my players.

User: Chuck Weaver
While the players haven't found out much about him, they know he is was deathly loyal to the villain D.

Stand:
「The Distance」A humanoid with a cylindrical head. The entire being is only two colors, orange on the left and purple on the right. The chest is splattered with hand-prints of the opposite color for what side they are on. The shoulders and knees also display hand-prints of a darker shade of their color.

Power: C
Speed: A
Range: A
Durability: A
Precision: B
Learning: E

「Never There」- 「The Distance」is able to leave hand and food-prints that act as two way portals for him. These can vary in size so long as the one he enters is big enough for a limb to squeeze in. This power allowed him to get across cities at great speed if he was set up for it. Another thing he used this for was to build up great amounts of speed and launch himself at someone that stepped into line of one of his prints.

「The Distance」is worn as a suit by the user. This lets him go toe to toe with all, but the best Punchghost. The players encountered him three times before managing to kill him off. In all of the fights he took part he managed to heavily cripple at least one PC, good thing one of them can regrow limbs and bones.
>>
File: Dio Approves.gif (821 KB, 480x291) Image search: [Google]
Dio Approves.gif
821 KB, 480x291
Can't let the thread die yet.
>>
>>46603500
?
>>
File: 1460290996293.jpg (15 KB, 785x659) Image search: [Google]
1460290996293.jpg
15 KB, 785x659
Hey for the jojo d100 system has anyone thought of a more fluid combat system.
>>
>>46608761
I know a few people in my group were discussing swapping Urgency and Ranks in what they do. So higher ranks give more dice, but a split second decision would be much harder than just breaking a wall.

As for making combat more fluid, I got no clue. When I run it the games goes fairly smooth, but without more examples of play it is hard to tell.
>>
Anyone here grab the nip version of Eyes of Heaven? What'd they think?
>>
>>46595757
I'd been making a lag Stand of my own, for one of the main villians.
>>
>>46595757
Hey senpai i hope you dont mind but im stealing this idea
>>
>>46608723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-McIdVuY88
>>
>>46609753
I'm happy to have my Stands shared by others, anon

>>46609595
What's the difference between yours and mine?
>>
>>46603411
>Rock of Ages
>*Crash, girly scream.*
>*Splutch.*
>>
>>46611062
Shit it fits him perfectly
>>
Reminder that I'm willing to come up with Stand sheets for people's Stand ideas if other people would like me to.

>>46604318
>>46604405
>>46604489
>>46604571
>>46604711
Hot damn, those are good. I like how 「The Warrior」 in particular is a hard counter to most punchghosts, given that physically injuring it is effectively impossible.

>>46612112
I think we can all agree, Jeb is a MESS.
>>
>>46598533
>HOT MESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnGa6WuxRkw&nohtml5=False
>>
>>46612768
Im referring to the Hot Mess song by Natalia Kills.
>>
File: a3b.jpg (68 KB, 430x609) Image search: [Google]
a3b.jpg
68 KB, 430x609
bump because I'm working on a character right now but not ready to post it yet.
>>
『THE FOOT』

Appearance: 『THE FOOT』 appears as a three foot high red and black humanoid. Its head is a four sided/faced pyramid: the front face is blank, while the other sides appear to be an angular version of a human head, including the hair and ears etc. Its arms are marked with thin horizontal white lines, while its legs are incredibly muscular, with square metallic red armour plates. Its shoulders and knees each have a larger square plate on the side, marked with a silver yen symbol. Its feet have large squared off horseshoes.

Stats:

Power: E
Durability: C
Speed: E
Precision: C
Potential: C

Once summoned, 『THE FOOT』 is almost immobile, moving at a glacially slow pace.

Power: 『ADDITION』

『ADDITION』creates empty space with swipes of it or its users feet, and can then move this additional space around. This space is completely empty, effectively a vacuum when first summoned, the pressure causing a loud noise and an inrush of air. This can create "gaps" in objects as if they have been gouged out by an impossibly sharp blade.The gaps are effectively invisible in open air. The user can delete or move these gaps at will. Anything inside the gaps when they are deleted will be crushed between the two sides. By continuously adding space beneath itself or its user, and increasing their distance from the ground, 『THE FOOT』 and its user can appear to fly. By quickly creating a singular large space beneath a person or object, and then adding to it before they reach the bottom of it, they can cause their enemies to begin to fall. By continuously adding space between it and its user and their enemies and enemies attacks, they can make it so they cannot be reached or touched, giving the slow, weak and fragile stand some defensive power.
>>
>>46617250
Something I have been thinking about and working on for a long while, effectively the exact opposite of 『THE HAND』in appearance, stats and ability.

Its user would be a super smart science nerd girl, incredibly intelligent but also mean, treacherous and depressed. She was raised by her Mother who Dio experimented on with his vampire powers, effectively making her super beautiful and super-humanly strong and with super human regenerative powers, but also incredibly fragile, when struck their body exploding like glass only to quickly reform.

Her sister would be one of a group of heroes, and her greatest enemy
Her sister would have the stand 『GOOD COMPANY』, a single ephemeral giant being (60 foot high), that can give everyone inside its body any one noncombat skill as long as they remain inside 『GOOD COMPANY』's ghost like body. Their personality would be incredibly brash and hotheaded, completely outclassed intellectually by her younger sister (which neither of them will never admit).

『THE HAND's user would eventually sacrifice themselves for their older sister in a final act of redemption, but instantly come back as helpful ghost that sticks around for the rest of the series.
>>
>>46594982
Definitely Nirvana. It can create time portals with which it can steal objects from the past, creating a time loop in which the object disappeared from the past because Nirvana took it. It could also save its Stand User from death as long as there were no witnesses to his final demise.

>>46595057
I'm shocked that nobody else has replied yet. I'm also amazed that Hysteria got in. Thanks for that.

You need help working on anything? I still have those 7th Stand User Stands somebody made in Cortex Heroic. I also wrote a little blurb describing how to translate a Marvel Heroic character to JoJo Heroic (and vice versa). I think I remember you asking me to write a quick guide on how to make Stands that I never got to writing. If you still need that, I can get right to it.
>>
Oh how I've missed super stand Sunday
>>
>>46618868
So Nirvana is essentially weaponizing Schrödinger's cat?
>>
So Jesus was possibly one of the very first Joestars.... With probably a pretty powerful stand given his miracles..... And his corpse parts create stands.....

Would this apply to other things involved with him? Like the Shroud, the Spear of Longinus, and the fabled Holy Grail?
>>
>>46619556
Yes, actually. I was worried nobody would notice.

Going to go ahead and repost an older Stand I made.

>Stand Name:
「Rock Lobster」

>Description:
「Rock Lobster」 is a crustacean Stand, small enough to fit it’s top half on one of the Stand User’s shoulders. It has two claws; one is underdeveloped and often clings to the Stand User’s clothes or body, but the other is built like an large cannon. When not attached to anything, 「Rock Lobster」 floats in the air.

>Power Level:
Medium (60 points)

>Stats:
Power: B (10 points)
Speed: C (6 points)
Range: B (10 points)
Durability: D (3 points)
Precision: B (10 points)
Learning: C (6 points)

(15 points)

>Abilities:
[Lots of Bubble]
When 「Rock Lobster」’s large claw focuses on a solid object, it can transform that object into a bubble filled with Stand power. The object will retain most of its original properties, but it will float as if it were as light as or lighter than air. (5 points)

[Lots of Trouble]
Once an object has been turned into a bubble, 「Rock Lobster」 can either guide that object towards a predetermined target like a missile, or leave it floating in the air like a mine. Upon popping, the bubble explodes into volatile shrapnel. Bubbles within line of sight can also be detonated or disabled remotely. (7 points)

[Blitzkreig Pop]
This Stand grants the Stand User an innate spacial awareness that they can use to coordinate multiple bubbles at once without losing track of them. The Stand User can detonate a volley of bubbles simultaneously in a devastating attack called Blitzkrieg Pop. (3 points)
>>
I keep wanting to do something in Florida set in the SBR universe involving a family of immortals who can across the Fountain of Youth, which is actually some horrific creation from the first universe.
>>
>>46619782
You have any examples of Nirvana being used?
>>
>>46619901
Florida is a great place to set JoJo shenanigans. Replace the 'Florida Man' news with 'Florida Stand User'

>>46619920
Examples of Nirvana being used to take shit from the past:
>Stealing some old shit like Shakespeare's lost plays and claiming you found them for lots of money.
>Taking the bullets out of a man's gun before he can shoot you.
>Stealing the Stand Arrow from Giorno Giovanna during Made In Heaven.

Examples of Nirvana being used to cheat a death with no witnesses:
>Car bomb in the dead of night.
>Poisoned food in your private home.
>Made In Heaven.
>>
Hey look, it's /sss/. Let's get Jordan Johns and his zaniness out of the way.

Fun Fact: I put him into a !Stands game I ran in Fate once. If there was a time to roll high against his crazy persuasion abilities, it was now. And HOLY SHIT the entire party rolled stupid high (along with a few fate points for good measure). Not only did they get the initiative, but they straight up slaughtered him in the first round.

I have never been as happy as to have a mid-boss of mine utterly trounced as I have that moment.
>>
File: 【HELLO KITTY】.jpg (633 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
【HELLO KITTY】.jpg
633 KB, 1280x1707
>>46620216
Would Nirvana be able to steal things quickly?
Like someone pulls a gun out on the user, could they steal the bullets right then?

Right like the whole thing is that Schrödinger's Cat is either alive or dead depending on being looked at. When no one is looking it's both?
>>
>>46620357
Best JoJo can't possibly be defeated so easily.
>>
File: Joffrey Belaire and Method Man.png (398 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
Joffrey Belaire and Method Man.png
398 KB, 1024x896
>>46620580
Perhaps, but it was too hilarious an outcome to ignore. Jordan's higher-ups even derided him, citing him as a pet of the BBEG rather than a comrade of substance. Though it made the other baddies even tougher in comparison.

With worst JoJo out of the way, I want to play this glorious bastard so bad!
>>
File: 1418608460755.gif (466 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1418608460755.gif
466 KB, 500x281
We focus so much on creating Stands that we forgot two crucial pillars of good Stands: character and story.

> Character
Good Stands tend to tie in with the User. Their personalities, beliefs, desires, narrative themes, etc. A Stand by itself will nearly always lack that "spark" which most good Stands have because they do not tie into any character.

Create a character - the User - and then create their Stand. As we watch Part IV pay attention to how interconnected the two tend to be.

> Story
A Stand, especially an enemy Stand, should be created with a story in mind. Every (good) Stand battle has a cool high concept governing it.

What's more, starting with Part IV many Stand Battles can be accurately summarized without ever mentioning Stands. Give that game a try.

This being /tg/ I think our /sss/ threads would be more productive than ever if we created NPCs that are intertwined with our Stand ideas and if we could give GMing advice regarding the intention behind the Stands and Users.
>>
>>46620750
Ace Attorney with a Stand?
>>
File: Bastard Joestars 2.png (1 MB, 1600x1664) Image search: [Google]
Bastard Joestars 2.png
1 MB, 1600x1664
>>46620917
Pretty much. Joffrey Belaire is the bastard child of an Englishman (a Joestar) raised in France and living through the Revolution, and highly patriotic about it. Imagine his disgust when he learns of his lineage. Successful defense lawyer especially in the time that the guillotine was trending like a motherfucker.

And his Stand 「Method Man」 can manipulate "weaknesses". However, it is up to Joffrey himself to learn about the weaknesses before 「Method Man」 can go to work. At first, he uses the Stand to make himself an ever better lawyer once he does his research, but is quick to learn during all of the mess in >>46597589's little tale that 「Method Man」 is quite the effective punchghost when he learns of an enemy's weakness.
>>
>>46620467
You know I should just say that I've never really understood this paradox.

Always wanted to use it to make a stand but since I never understood it in the first place it was difficult.
>>
>>46619901
> Florida
> Fountain of Youth
Heh. That's exactly what my campaign involves...
>>
>>46621124
Neat what's the cause of your Fountain of Youth?
>>
>>46620467
>Would Nirvana be able to steal things quickly?
>Like someone pulls a gun out on the user, could they steal the bullets right then?
Considering that its an example I used, sure.

>Right like the whole thing is that Schrödinger's Cat is either alive or dead depending on being looked at. When no one is looking it's both?
When technically both when unobserved, Nirvana makes it so that the Stand User always lives to see another day when activated.

>>46620888
I usually have little stories to go with each Stand User I make. I agree with your statement.
>>
>>46620888
Since nobody responded to this I'll give an example of my own creation.

Muse is a vampire who, above all else, wants to be left alone. His vampire ability lets him change appearances like an octopus, but that wasn't enough. When his vampiric nature capped out on how well he can hide a mucus like Stand appeared on his body, letting him become apart of whatever he's touching and copy its properties 1:1. He can also circumvent death by sunlight exposure doing this.

In story Muse is an information broker. "He who is seen by no one sees all", as he puts it. However he only sells to those willing to seek him out without intent of giving him h a Sunlight Yellow Overdrive across the jaw. Muse will not appear if he feels endangered.
>>
are their any draw friends still in the thread? iv got a character/stand that iv been working on for sometime I would really appreciate it if I could get a sketch of him he's not quite done yet I still have to work on the last character traits if anyone has any suggestions that would be cool
>>
>>46622595
Depends on what the character is like what traits they would have.
>>
>>46622643
D-do you want me to post him, no bully plz
>>
>>46622679
Post it, fortune favors the bold.
>>
>>46622739
Alright here's what I got so far

>Stand Name:
Black Cat (Janet Jackson)
>Power:
Darkness Manipulation
>Point-buy:
Medium-Power (60 points)

>Stats:
Power: A (-15)
Speed: B (-10)
Range: C (-6) 20 meters
Durability: B (-10)
Precision: C (-6)
Learning: D (-3)
Total points left: 10
>Appearance:
Black cat takes the appearance of a tall human skeleton with a saber-toothed cat’s skull in place of a human skull, dressed in a button down trench coat reminiscent of 1920’s spies and detectives, the bottom of which appears to blend into and combine with Alexander’s shadow when fully manifested in its 3-D form. However, in place of the trench coats sleeves Black cats arms and hands are identical to that of a human Skeleton’s except for the fact that Black Cat has 3 arms on each side of its body all of which are wreathed in black flames. When Black cat manifests it appears to be cast from Alexander’s shadow when in reality Black cat has replaced Alexander’s shadow. Alexander always casts a shadow no matter what time of day it is.
>>
>>46622838

>Ability: Black Ops (-10)
Black cat’s signature power is that it can create shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. These shadows can take the form of regular shadows or darkness, or any life-like 3-D/2-D facsimiles that Alexander is capable of imagining such as but not limited to a shield to block an attack, a sword to cut an enemy, or a lock and chains to secure a prisoner. When generated in their 3-D from these constructs feel and act like there physical counterparts (EX, shadow knives are sharp and cut just as a knife would, shadow grenades explode like regular grenades, etc); in addition black cat is capable of manipulating the density of these 3-D constructs from insubstantial to diamond tough.

There are however several limitations to black cats power. Black cats control only measures 20 meters beyond that range all shadows revert back to their normal form if naturally occurring or simply dissipate harmlessly if they were artificially generated. Additionally, while black cat can create near perfect looking replicas of people or objects they are unmistakable shadows so no matter what their shape or size, these constructs are always black in color. Black cat cannot create or manipulate shadows of either minuscule size or smaller (no shadow bullets, no shadow fly’s, etc, etc) or shadows larger than a two story house, except, under certain circumstances as noted below.

Depending on the ambient light Black cats power waxes and wanes, in pitch black darkness Black cat loses the ability to create detailed shadow constructs but his overall control over ambient shadows increases, in an ultra bright environment black cat loses the ability to manipulate any ambient darkness but gains increased abilities in terms of creating artificial darkness.
Total points left: 0
>>
>>46622860

>User:
Agent Alexander Smith

> “You think this is bizarre? Let me tell you about this one time my partner and I had to smuggle a goat loaded with plutonium out of Moscow…”

>Appearance:
Alexander Smith is a 6' 3" Caucasian man of average to athletic build in his mid 30’s to early 40’s with slicked back black hair and slight graying at the temples (he’s thinking of dying it, but is hesitant to on the off chance that it will cause hair loss..) with a remarkable pale pallor, a light stubble, and dark circles under his eyes indicative of one too many sleepless nights. He is frequently seen wearing an American flag necktie, black dress pants, a white dress shirt with a vertical shoulder mounted gun holster underneath a worn leather bomber jacket reminiscent of WWII fighter pilots that he wears in place of a traditional business jacket and a pair of Black leather dress gloves. Alexander tends to walk with a slight limp in his right leg due to a wound that he received during the incident that cased his stand to first manifest.

>Core trait (-2): It’s not paranoia if there really are out to get you…

As a veteran of many cold war and post cold war escapades, years of experience in the field of espionage has earned Alexander his fair share of enemies both real and imagined. As such no matter what the situation Alexander always tries to have a battle plan or an escape route ready, often more than one. This state of uber preparedness however has taken its toll on Alexander’s sanity, many a sleepless night has left Alexander tired and constantly jumping at shadows so to speak.

>Core trait (-2):

>Core trait (-2):

>Significant trait (-4): Old soldiers never die they just fade away.
Alexander realizes that the world will always need spooks to do what needs to be done. Alexander does however fear that this changing world will leave him behind as a relic of the cold war in favor of a new younger generation.

so that's what I got so far.
>>
>>46619717
>jojolion ends
>araki converts
>jojo part -2000: My Father's House
>joshua bar joseph and [For His Name's Sake]
Fund it
>>
>>46619901
Tuck Everlasting with Stands?
>>
>>46624623
The source of the Fountain of Youth spring happens to be right next to a Stand-Arrow meterorite, when you drink the water, you're drinking in Stand Arrow particles
>>
>>46624806
What happens if you drink too much?
>>
>>46624839
You get stand herpes
>>
Bite the bump
>>
File: 2016-04-11 13.21.26.jpg (154 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-11 13.21.26.jpg
154 KB, 1080x1080
R8 our crew
>>
>>46629322
Araki? Is that you?
>>
File: YoYo & Hysteria 2.png (285 KB, 2048x2740) Image search: [Google]
YoYo & Hysteria 2.png
285 KB, 2048x2740
>>46629322
Pretty fabulous crew you've got there. If we're going to be posting pictures, here's York Young and his Stand, 「Hysteria」.
>>
>>46629385
>that torso
It never ends
>>
File: Muda.png (226 KB, 500x597) Image search: [Google]
Muda.png
226 KB, 500x597
>their posting pictures now's my chance to ask again and bump the thread.

>>46622838
>>46622860
>>46622885

if theirs a drawfriend willing to take a crack at my guy id be very grateful. id be willing to pay you in gratitude and internet bux.
>>
>>46631641
Which part's style do you want?
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_4.jpg (325 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_4.jpg
325 KB, 1280x1493
>>46632636
id be grateful for anything but emperor to my head, id love to see him in done in part 4's style.
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_3.jpg (343 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_3.jpg
343 KB, 1280x1493
selfish bump to keep the thread alive just a little longer.
>>
>>46635485
I mean, I'm still open to writing up Stand sheets for people if they're looking for somebody to do that. That's generally true anyway, so.
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_2.jpg (300 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_2.jpg
300 KB, 1280x1493
>>46635628
forgive my ignorance but write them up how? using that bizarre adventures document thing I saw earlier?

also more skulljojo just becuse
>>
>>46635829
No. The format I use is rather freeform: the Stand's name, their stat sheet, their appearance, and then their ability or abilities. Others do that as well, but I like to think I've got a particularly good handle on it.
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_6.jpg (304 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_6.jpg
304 KB, 1280x1493
>>46636059
if you want to do that for my guy that would be alright iv got him saved as a text document but this
>>46622838
>>46622860
>>46622885
is basically it.
>>
>Question of the Week
Actually just came to post the very stand. A nod to Captain Propaganda from another thread

[Solemn Dream]
Power: C
Durability: D
Speed: C
Precision: D
Potential: E

Ability: [But A Vapor Trail]
The user can create illusions at will and they can be as detailed as the user requires (so long as the user knows what to mimic obviously).
The crux of the power is that the illusions can also be "real", so if you conjure a knife to throw at someone, it would actually stab them. Once again there are no limits to what you can or cant create, it just cant act on knowledge you dont have.

This is limited by 3 things:
1)The user must select a single "target" for the illusion. (1 person at a time)
2)The target must perceive the illusion for it to have any physical effects (no stealth kills)
3) The illusion's effects are determined by the target's belief in the illusion (the user cannot affect themself, usually)

So you can make a "car crash" in a populated area, but nothing will happen until the target perceives danger. You can create a UFO descend to wreck havoc on humanity, but if your target thinks its just a funny movie prop then there goes your plan.

The user is essentially god if near a small child or other really gullible/insane person. Although anyone knowlegeable of the ability or genuinely believes theyre invincible almost negates the whole thing.
Almost, even if no one believes the illusion the user can essentially overload and confuse everyone's senses. A savvy user can still lead people into actual noxious gas or traffic. Main villain would use this to merge the illusion with someone's life as they gradually accept small changes or go batshit.

Can be killed by knowing he exists but him not knowing you and dropping his guard. Or being crazy enough to believe an illusion's effect is "kills the creator"
>>
>>46636419
I mean, I was thinking it'd be a Stand sheet for a Stand that hasn't already been fleshed out. If you have any new ideas, please tell me.
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_7.jpg (397 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_7.jpg
397 KB, 1280x1493
>>46637419
ah sorry about that, I didn't follow. iv got nothing at the moment but thanks for the offer if I come up with something ill let you know.
>>
>>46637419
How about a stand named 『Karma Chameleon』?
>>
Now that I've read most of jojo up to 3/4 through part 7, I think I can revisit old concepts I came up with.

Stand name: [Children Of The Moon]

Stand user: An abandoned village.

Stand power: Moonlight ghosts, soul extraction.

[Children of the Moon] is the Stand of an empty, abandoned village in the middle of nowhere. The population of the village were killed when a meteor hit and punched through the roof of the church.

[Children of the Moon] manifests only by moonlight, as silver-white ghosts of the townspeople who died, who roam around the town, acting as they did in life. However, when a living entity enters the town's boundaries, the ghosts become hostile, converging on the source of life.

These ghosts have the power to kill things and extract their spirit, which joins them as a wanderer in the town. The only safe place in the town is within the walls of the ruined church, called [Temple of the Dawn]. Anybody caught outside of the [Temple of the Dawn] during sunrise is automatically turned into a ghost, joining the townsfolk.

You cannot destroy the ghosts, only evade them until sunrise when they dissipate.
>>
>>46624806
Nope, GER and GioGio didn't make it over safely in the new universe.
>>
Can I get some help?
I want to make a family of Stand users and I need some themes to base their stands off of. Like how there are a couple traits that show up in the Joestar family.
>>
>>46638565
can you be a little more specific on the traits on the joestar family your looking at so I can try to think something up, and how many family members are you thinking about.
>>
>>46638809
Well you had Hermit Purple being super long and Star Platinum could do that stretchy thing. Gold Experience could do weird stuff with plants, Hermit Purple looked like vines. Golden Experience and Crazy Diamond could heal stuff. Vague "time" theme going on....

I'm looking to make three generations, an old man, his daughter and her two sons.
>>
>>46638961
Ah I forgot to mention though that I have worked out a stand for the daughter; an extremely volatile stand that can vibrate anything it touches.... like creating miniature earthquakes. It's terribly strong but has poor range, limited mostly to touch and one sort of.... "ray" attack.
>>
Okay, so, world's best nightmare coming up:

A fan-part where every major character is some version of Nicholas Cage.

On the protagonist side, you have:

Benjamin Franklin Gates and [All-American Reject] (can find anything?)
Cris Johnson and his [Third Eye Blind] (See five minutes in the future)
Cameron Poe with the aid of [Sweet Home Alabama] (Punchghost!)
Johnny Blaze and [Great Balls of Fire] (Ghost rider mode)
Balthazar Blake plus [Fantasia] (MAGIC)
Peter Loew with, finally, [Cry Little Sister] (delusion/illusion?)

For villains, you have:
Behmen, a Stand-user hunter.
Yuri Orlov and his stand [Guns and Roses] (basically just summons lots of guns in the air, like the king of gun stands)
Milton and [Spitting out the Demons] (i have no idea)
Castor Troy and [Goodbye Stranger] (face-swapping, duh)

With the big bad being Edward Malus whose Stand is named [Stranger in a Strange Land].

Of course, at the end it turns out the TRUE villain is Nicholas Cage himself, trying to sacrifice as many alternate selves as he can to transcend his identity. His Stand is [Bullet with Butterfly Wings].

Despite all his rage, he is still just Nicholas Cage
>>
>>46639058
how about all their ability's revolve around touch in someway and are dangerous to themselves or harmful to themselves in some way the daughter can vibrate anything she touches,

the old man can increase someone else's senses by touching hem either to superhuman levels or painful levels, imagine the sound of a pin dropping sounding like a howitzer going off right next to your ear or a cool breeze giving you frostbite and every time he uses it one of his senses gets weaker(either permently or just as long as he uses the power with the damage getting more intense the more intense his power use is)

son 1 can side step even the worst disaster or attack and make it look easy. This power reflects your ability to be in the right place at the right time by moving deliberately out of danger but it only work against hand to hand.

son 2 can imbue objects, whether living, inanimate or mechanical, with kinetic energy to set them into motion by. he can cause rocks to start rolling or cause people to start moving, even if they don’t want to. however he cant stop the objects once he starts moving them and cant control them once their in motion as long as he is conscious (could mean he to is moving if he's touching the ground)
>>
>>46629336
Nah hes just really good
>>
>>46629385
What the fuck are these proportions.
>>
File: 1458474740149.jpg (222 KB, 731x976) Image search: [Google]
1458474740149.jpg
222 KB, 731x976
This one needs a name『』Materializes as a humanoid stand that resembles a dark ages plague doctor. Has the ability to transfer damage from one living thing to another. The stand touches a target with one hand to absorb its damage then to transfer it to something else it has to touch another living thing with its other hand. The stand can accelerate and decelerate the damage transfer rate at will. It can transfer damage to the user but cannot remove it. While transferring, the stand must keep physical contact with both targets. The stand can only soak up a certain amount of damage before it reaches its limit.
>>
>>46642278
how about『 Tainted Love』
>>
>>46642805
Is that a song or band
>>
>>46643058
Song. Had a somewhat popular cover by Marylin Manson.
>>
>>46643091
Link
>>
>>46643128
hers the original by the softcells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5_QxwFjNI

here's the Manson cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSPXZYRZss
>>
>>46643164
Ty fampai
>>
>>46594928

I did a homebrew a while ago where I used nWoD as a base and made a quick hash on rules. I never made it neat like a pdf but the rules were simple for those who played nWoD, especially mage.

Rules:

You are using a mortal sheet with the added caveat of having a modified familiar sheet.

Power=Destructive Power
Finesse=Precision
Resistance=Durability

Speed=Size+Finesse
Range=Power+Resistance

You have an 6 point pool to allocate into the top 3 stats and letters are equal to dots.

1=E
2=D
3=C
4=B
5=A

Stand Types do affect the above stats such as:

Close Range: +1 to Power or Durability but Range cannot be above 3/C.

Long Range: +1 Finesse and Range but Durability cannot be above 3/C and suffer a -1 penalty to rolls in melee range.

Bound: +2 to any stat or +1 to any two stats (max 5) but Developmental Potential starts at C.

Special/Act/etc stands were a stub for now.

PC's started with Developmental Potential A to show that they were fresh to having a stand. Also they could spend xp to level up their stand instead of leveling up their physical character. Each level up removed one rank of Developmental Potential (DP). So using xp to raise power from 3-4 as your first upgrade makes your DP drop to B. You can also spend xp*6 per dot to learn a mage spell (within reason of your stand concept) as a stand ability. This counts as an upgrade and reduces DP. Once your stand is at E on their DP, they cannot gain anymore upgrades (until I worked out how to balance requiem mode).

All stands start with one power for free which I worked with the players. Normally it was a mage spell but it could be a ghost numina as well.

Summoning your stand was an at-will action and damage was counted on your character sheet since we went with everyone having active or bound stands. I was about to have an addendum for automatic stands but the players didn't want em because they felt that it was too limiting and confusing to go off triggers and not direct control.
>>
File: 1092005613451231.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1092005613451231.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>metrosexual male supermodel
>wears ridiculous costumes
>brainwashed into helping supervillain
>decides to break free of it and save the world instead
>villain throws shuriken
>Derek strikes a ridiculously good looking pose
>stops the shuriken in mid-air via an unseen force

>yfw you realize 「Magnum」 is Zoolander's Stand
>>
File: Ora.png (191 KB, 600x914) Image search: [Google]
Ora.png
191 KB, 600x914
>>46632636
is the draw friend still here or am I chasing ghosts.
>>
I've been trying to figure out how to make this less boring all day with no luck.

「Uptown Girl」 takes the appearance of a long orange scarf, of variable length and shape. The user typically just wears it, activating its ability by 'accidentally' brushing targets with it. After touching a stand user, the scarf can billow out to a rough approximation of the the other stand user's stand, with accompanying power. Even accidental contact resets the target, and the stand doesn't do as well copying actual stats, just the power. In return, it has one 'limiter' removed from any power it copies, at essentially random. 「Uptown Girl」's user is only informed of what this limiter was when copying a stand, not what the stand's power actually is.

Vaguely picturing someone 'faceless', in that it was burned or something, and the stand is a manifestation of jealousy, letting them borrow 'faces' or identities on some level.
>>
File: skullgirls_jojo_1.jpg (272 KB, 1280x1493) Image search: [Google]
skullgirls_jojo_1.jpg
272 KB, 1280x1493
last bump for the night just because
>>
>>46643641
I also tried something like that. I called it Stand User: The Gravity and actually tried making sense of how Stands would fit into the NWOD setting. My ideas on how to make Stands in the system are pretty identical to what you made, and I might just keep working on it if there's interest in it.
>>
File: listentotheniceitalian.png (120 KB, 468x422) Image search: [Google]
listentotheniceitalian.png
120 KB, 468x422
>>46643164
>Soft Cell's cover
>original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKe2j9Wjh4
>>
> JoJo uses his Stand to fight criminal Stand Users and imprison them
> Enemy Stand User breaks them out
> JoJo must go through the city to fight and imprison them all over again
>>
>Tfw SSS is dead and gone
>>
>>46649511

>imprisoning a stand user

Wouldn't you want a bunch of guards with combat-oriented stands? Otherwise it would be easy for the stand user to make a getaway, depending on what kind of stand he has.
>>
>>46652354
Try and throw Giorno in prison and he'll turn his cell door into a bear or something.
>>
>>46594928
I accidentaly GER

Stand Name: This Wreckage

Stand Ability: [Error Reparation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Error_Reparation)

Power - D

Speed - D

Range - A

Durability - B

Precision - B

Potential - A

Description: The ability to undo any error one has committed. The user can undo any error one has committed and wipe away any mistake a user feels they have made. This ability allows the user to undo mistakes in movements or actions such as destroying something necessary or causing damage to another. Users can also undo events they have caused which they view as mistakes.
>>
>>46618868
Not at all, of all the ones I was going over for potential candidates, it was definitely one that stuck out.

The guide would be helpful, and I'd /love/ to see and possibly include the MHR to JJHR blurb as a sidebar, which is a thing I forgot to include. Furthermore, I just remembered I also need to include a brief paragraph about how Jotaro Kujo is the newest hero in the Joestar line even if he's a couple of degrees "off".
>>
>>46653570
(Also Hysteria appeals to my fondness for The Darkness video game)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRROs8oerU
「Insanity」appears as a cherry red cloud that pours from the body of its user, out of pockets and their nostrils and mouth. If one stares at the cloud for too long there appears to be some immense [MENACING] thing just inside of it. When inhaled, 「Insanity」makes people speak of their darkest desires for others and it makes everyone else okay with them.
>>
>>46637996

「Karma Chameleon」

Destructive Power: C
Speed: B
Range: E
Staying: A
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: D

「Karma Chameleon」 appears as almost exactly what you'd expect it to - a chameleon-like entity small enough to fit on the user's shoulder comfortably, glowing in a variety of rainbow colours.

「Karma Chameleon」 possesses the power of 「You Come And Go」, allowing its user to partially phase out of reality for brief moments at a time. Anything that would hit him instead passes through him, up to and including the Stand attacks of others, and he has trained himself to activate this power automatically when a sufficiently-strong attack would otherwise damage him, making him impossible to catch out with a sneak attack, and practically physically invulnerable as a result... for one second every five seconds or so. He has also learned how to phase into reality just enough to give his attacks some clout, letting him tear through physical matter with his bare hands like it has no more substance than air... again, for a maximum of about one second every five seconds. You can see the pattern of vulnerability here, we presume. He also has no resistance to non-physical effects, such as memetic attacks or Stands that directly affect his mind.
>>
>>46653739
>that last ability
>that spoiler

Yeaaah I don't wanna run into that Stand's user. I'd really rather not anyone find out about the thing with the statues.
>>
>>46654500
"Just kidding, my Stand makes statues that you can fuck!"
>>
File: JoJo-Simone.png (149 KB, 560x1574) Image search: [Google]
JoJo-Simone.png
149 KB, 560x1574
Bump with art of a PC in my campaign.
>>
>>46653961
Thanks, that's better than most of what I could've come up with. If you don't mind, how about one for 「Radar Love」?
>>
>>46656443
Looks interesting. Context?
>>
>>46653739
Thats creepy anon
>>
>>46659302
That Stand is Single Lady, and it can generate rings that alter the velocity of anything that passes through them. The game's nearing its end, and that character's figured out that she can also alter her own momentum, meaning she can fly if she wants to, and potentially as fast as a bullet. Being a physicist, she understands the implications this has for her well-being, so she's at least had the sense to cobble together a makeshift flight suit(not pictured).
>>
File: llt8dBZ.jpg (503 KB, 1520x1200) Image search: [Google]
llt8dBZ.jpg
503 KB, 1520x1200
>>46659693
cool
>>
Anyone got any name ideas for a stand that turns things into legos and a hydrogen stand
>>
>>46657218
Not sure how you'd turn Radar Love into a Stand, but I used the song as an ability name for my Stand Moon Child. It's a secondary ability that lets the Stand detect general emotions and gives it a vague direction as to where the emotion is coming from.

>>46660306
>turns things into legos
Foundations.

>and a hydrogen stand
Arcade Fire.
>>
File: 『 Gonna Make You Sweat』.png (247 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
『 Gonna Make You Sweat』.png
247 KB, 500x371
So I may actually get the chance to play a JJBA campaign soon. Hyped but nervous.
>>
>>46660821
Can you tell us more? What's your Stand?
>>
>>46660821
Yeah im interested give me the details
>>
File: JoJo-Kirk.png (180 KB, 1564x1432) Image search: [Google]
JoJo-Kirk.png
180 KB, 1564x1432
>>46656443
Another bump with Kirk and her stand「Meat Puppet」. Which started off as just growing limbs with darts it shoots. But has also gained the ability to grow bones and make bacteria grow limbs also.
>>
Does anyone have the picture of [Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club] we made a LONG fucking time ago? It was a collection of fossils that each had their own super shitty stand ability that, when they worked together, made them into a flying death machine of bone and tar.
>>
File: Lonely Heart Club Band.jpg (486 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Lonely Heart Club Band.jpg
486 KB, 1200x1800
>>46665277
Got it right here.
>>
>>46666245
noice
>>
>>46663512
I'm actually Kirk's player.

Basically, she's a scumbag high school drug dealer who likes to act tougher than she really is, and Meat Puppet lets her grow body parts out of living organisms, including stuff like organs and glands. But anything she grows has to take the form of discrete parts, which made healing a little tricky early on, since she could replace lost limbs and damaged organs, but couldn't really fix broken bones or heal cuts. If someone had a bad cut, she'd have to get one of the stronger party members to amputate the damaged part so she could grow a replacement. Grisly business.

However, late-game, she's made a couple of realizations about the way her ability works, and they vastly improve its versatility: She can heal injuries by regrowing an exact replica of the damaged part to overlap and fuse with the original, making healing a lot easier. And bacteria are living organisms that are just about everywhere, so if she wants she can potentially grow body parts from any surface(though just to be on the safe side, she's been taking measures to ensure that there are bacteria in the locations she needs, by doing things like throwing garbage and spitting)

Kirk and Simone actually have a team finisher that they haven't had a chance to pull out yet: Severed Goddess Hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hryXOVMBDho
>>
>>46667697
How do the people in your game handle combat cause the way my group does it isnt very efficient
>>
>>46668077
Do you use the detailed movement rules? We don't, and I find that makes a huge difference. Early on we didn't really bother with any kind of visual representation, but I had trouble visualizing where everything was relative to everything else, so now the GM uses a pretty typical rough map and grid, and eyeballs our movement and Stand positioning to see if it looks ok. We do play it pretty loose with movement, though.

We roll initiative, using a d10 and the numerical bonuses from Speed ranks, given in the pdf. If an enemy is outnumbered by enough, they might get two spots in the initiative order. Anyway, something that I find really helps is that the players don't just passively wait for their turn to come around. Instead, I think pretty much everyone spends their entire round assessing the situation and looking for ways to exploit their ability, and if something should logically happen by accident that we hadn't thought of, we usually say "fuck it" and throw it in.

The end result is that this ends up emulating Araki's style of combat really well, with player characters coming up with crazy bullshit that turns the tables in a matter of in-game instants. Of course, balancing this out is the fact that we have a really good GM who has lots of clever Stand ideas and knows how to exploit them. Every single fight we've had has been a challenge, and one recurring enemy in particular remained tricky even after we figured out how his ability worked.

To be honest, we're also pretty loose about tracking Conditions. If a character is clearly at a disadvantage, suffers a strong attack, and isn't able to defend successfully, that's a pretty good indication that they're out, though Stands like mine can often heal them.
>>
>>46669603
Thanks i show this to them and see if it helps
>>
>>46647162

I helped create the fluff and crunch but I'm playing it with one of my friends who wanted to GM the game. We created a custom setting that hybridizes Parts 1-6 Jojo with nWoD. Speedwagon Foundation was made similar to Cherion Group but more beneficial. There is a Pentex corporation (Dreams Corp) that is fairly new but acts as the opposite of the Speedwagon Foundation that goes into mad science and experiments with vampire blood, stone mask fragments, stand arrows, etc.

This gave us hooks to create characters and villains (Mostly Vamps, Stand Users, Ghosts, and Zombies).

Our main plot takes place in Seattle, Washington with the Speedwagon Foundation obtaining a stand arrow found in the remains of a Native American burial ground uncovered by a recent landslide. While transporting the arrow, the convoy is attacked by unknown assailants and to prevent the stand arrow from falling into the wrong hands they detonate a failsafe in the van causing the stand arrow to shatter into pieces. However the arrow is not destroyed and the shards seem to mysteriously disappear in streaks of light shooting across Washington.

This is where we open up with our characters. The plot hook is that your character is a stand user because one of these shards sought you out and embedded itself inside of you. Some people were hospitalized with fevers while others just notice a weird cut and the feeling that they have something embedded within them.

Major Plot hook is that it was Dreams Corp that attacked SPW and are seeking out these stand users to harvest the stand arrow fragments and/or recruit them into working with them while studying their stands.

Overall we take place in an alt universe created by Part 6 but the majority of Parts 1-6 happened but without complete rewrites/changes.

I'll post the party and their stands after this.
>>
>>46671627
Cool. Id post the synapse for my campaign but i think the guys who are gonna be in it are lurking here
>>
File: gort.gif (340 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
gort.gif
340 KB, 500x379
>>46671627

My character

Christopher "Tech" Tobin (Amon Tobin & Christopher Cross, Nickname is from Tech N9ne)

Male

African-Brazilian American student at UW Engineering. When walking home to his dorm from he felt a sting on the back of his head and passed out in front of the dorm building. After waking up with wangs drawn on his face and the money from his wallet missing he started to get this odd sensation that something was watching him. While walking to class a speeding car was about to hit another student crossing the street. Seeing this caused his stand to awaken and use it's ability to create small device that created a force field around the student and stopped the car. The device shortly disappeared and he saw his stand inspecting the wreckage and using it's visor to record the event.

Stand:「Paranoid Android」

Destructive Power: E
Staying:B
Developmental Potential:A

「Paranoid Android」 is a long range stand that appears as a robot reminiscent of Gort from 1951's The Day the Earth Stood Still and has the ability to create devices that seem to defy the laws of physics and reality with it's ability 「Ok, Computer」. However it's weakness is that this device needs to be conceptualized and rationalized by it's user. Christopher is an engineer at heart and tends to look at things using modern science which tends to limit the scope of his devices. However rationalizing things in "theory" allows him to conjure up laser pistols, kinetic barriers, etc or mundane items such as headphones, smartphones, portable battery chargers.

Another limit to its power is that 「Ok, Computer」 can only have three devices created at a time and when a device leaves the range of the stand, it breaks down and disappears like it never existed. To create new devices, Christopher must let one device break down and disappear.
>>
>>46672346

Diana Joan (DJ) Summers (Diana Ross, Joan Jett, Donna Summers)

Female

Blond haired bombshell caucasian teenager with a dirty mouth and fresh out of high school. Barely has a plan for the rest of her life and just wants to be free of the anxieties of growing up. She tends to hang out downtown and is currently in the club scene until her parents reign her in and make her choose a career. One night while hanging out with the girls she saw a flash of light and felt something stab her in the nape of her cleavage and passed out. Her friends took her to the hospital where she was bedridden for a week with a fever, delirious and believed she was hallucinating a woman-like figure dressed in dominatrix gear with fiery hair pressing her stiletto heel into her chest. After having a bout where she wrestled the figure to the ground and bound her with her own whip, she overcame her fever and her stand now obeys her commands.

Stand: 「Hot Space」

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: D
Staying:C
Developmental Potential:A

「Hot Space」 is a close range fighting stand that is dressed like a tall 7 foot dominatrix with red hair that moves like fire, a black leather corset adorned with metal studs and red lace, a space exposing her midriff, fishnet stockings, black stiletto heels sharpened to a dagger like point. This stand primarily fights by kicking people and stabbing them with her heels but also uses her whip to bind opponents shibari-style. This is when her power 「Under Pressure」 comes into play. While bound with her whip, the victim feels a crushing weight of inferiority and submissiveness. The longer they are bound and affected by 「Under Pressure」 the more likely they will submit and obey the commands of Diana. If they agree to follow her commands, they must follow them or 「Under Pressure」 will cause them to be crushed by an invisible force and constrict them to death unless Diana releases them.
>>
>>46673108

Final member of Protag Party.

Glen Valli (Glen Campbell & Frankie Valli)

Male

Christian Youth organizer who had become disillusioned with his faith after finding out one of the bishops of his church laundering money though church events for human trafficking. During night prayers in the church foyer, he asked God for the power to keep going in the face of wickedness. His prayer was answered when an arrow shard shot through the stained glass starlight window and embedded itself within his right hand. As he left the church he could feel his right hand pull him towards an abandoned building close to the church. He followed this odd feeling and entered the building through a broken window and descended into the basement. There he found several children locked in a room chained to the wall with tattered clothes and malnourished bodies. As he tried busting down the door, he was attacked by the bishop who had snuck up behind him. His hand glowed white and enveloped him in it's glow, shifting into armor and full helmet reminiscent of knights of old and a sword formed in his right hand. He fought the bishop and as he cut into the bishop with his sword, a flash of light enveloped the bishop and turned him to ash. He freed the children and left an anonymous call at a pay phone for the police to arrive as he left the building and returned to church for prayer.

Stand: 「Flash of the Blade」

Destructive Power: A
Range: E
Staying: A
Precision: B
Developmental Potential: C

「Flash of the Blade」 is a bound stand that resides in Glen Valli's right hand. When activated it transforms Glen Valli into an armored warrior with knight armor, with a two-handed broadsword in his right hand. The armor is tough and blunts damage. This stand has two special abilities in the form of 「Fear No Mortal Man」 and 「Chasing Dragons」.

Powers to be continued in next post.
>>
>>46674026

「Fear No Mortal Man」 allows Glen to remain steadfast and immune to coercion and intimidation by human opponents. This does not work against vampires, ghosts, stands, etc. He will have to use his own resolve to fight these monsters.

「Chasing Dragons」 is an ability tied to the stand arrow shard in his right hand. This ability allows him to seek out the wicked. After finding the person this power has deemed evil, his blade has the ability to vaporize that person into ash. This power does not work against opponents it does not deem wicked enough and will make his blade leave damaging/crippling but non-lethal wounds to that opponent.
>>
So Far I have 5 sub villains I'm working with the GM on creating. 3 Stand Users, 1 Ghost, and one vampire.

The main villian is the CEO of the Dreams Corporation Johnny Jagger (Johnny Cash & Mick Jagger) and his stand 「Dehumanizer」. I'll post them when they are fully finalized.
>>
One of the charms of JoJo for me is how each Part is written differently. Each has its unique qualities.

So what are the tropes, themes, etc that are unique to each Part and which ones seem to be in every Part?
>>
Are there any updates being made to the d100 system? Any playtesting?
>>
>>46679448
We've come up with a new set of user stats to replace the D&D-based placeholders:
>Bulk
Indicates how strong and tough a character is.
>Skill
At creation, each character chooses a profession, or some kind of area of expertise. This stat measures how well-trained they are in it.
>Wit
The ability to notice things.
>Composure
Self-control and the ability to keep your cool. Useful for bluffing.
>Poise
Physical coordination. Often rolled for dodging if your Stand can't defend you for whatever reason.
>Menacing
Intimidation factor. It can be rolled to inflict psychological Conditions, and is resisted by Composure.

We're also considering changing the way stats and Urgency work. We haven't tested it out yet, but we're considering adopting a system where your rank in a stat determines how many dice you get to roll, and Urgency determines how many successes you need. In theory, this should make stat ranks more meaningful(we've noticed that they don't really make much of a difference in the current system), and it should enable things like rolling multiple stats at once by adding dice pools together. It's also more intuitive, in my mind, for higher Urgency to indicate greater difficulty. In addition, I think it'd allow some Stand abilities to have a more coherent and measurable effect on gameplay(for example, my Meat Puppet should be able to alter user stats, but in the current system, doing so would barely make a difference and would bog down gameplay), but we haven't quite hammered out how that'd work.
>>
File: 9ex1tO2.jpg (216 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
9ex1tO2.jpg
216 KB, 1440x810
So how do I replicate Joseph's ability to predict what people say, and what system is best to do it?
>>
>>46679787
Minor precognition. Joseph's "Your next line" trick is meant to be a reflection of his genius: of all the Joestars, his battle intelligence was second to none. It also helped that he was an unrepentant cheater and the dirtiest fighter of the Joestars.
>>
>>46679995
I'd argue that Jotaro was pretty damn close to Joseph's skill as a fighter, though he never had to sink to that level except during the fight with Lord Dio.

I mean he managed to beat Dio, something that Joseph couldn't do and Joseph killed more vampires than any other Jojo
>>
>>46679787
I was wondering about that myself until I read White Wolf's Adventure! book. Basically, they said to write some witty comebacks and give them to your GM so that they can set up a scenario in which you can say them and look cool. The same rule can apply here.
>>
>>46680072
That as a GM has to be a huge pain in the ass. Imagine trying to set that up and the player fucks it up.

I mean, I have a lot of witty players as a GM and they are on fucking point for saying cheesy lines. But if you aren't I imagine that must be a hard thing to do.
>>
File: img000001.png (2 MB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000001.png
2 MB, 780x1200
Updated info on this stand i wrote up.
『HOT MESS』This stand materializes as a several sticks of colored lipstick. 『BUBBLEGUM BITCH』Once the user applies this pink lipstick anyone they kiss will be under their control. The only way to take off the effect is to somehow smudge the makeup or have the user release the ability. Smudging reduces effectiveness.『FEELIN MYSELF』Is a green colored lipstick that, when applied, the targets body will begin to ignore pain from their wounds. If the wounds aren't too severe they will even be healed by the effect. 『BLACK WIDOW』A black stick of lipstick that has the ability to drain the vitality to a target when applied.
『HOT MESS Act 2』Materializes as a humanoid made of lingerie clothing all over its body. In addition to the lipstick abilities, it can blow kisses at its targets to use the lipstick. It also has the ability to remove its lingerie chest piece to reveal its breasts to a target. Once the target sees HOT MESS's breast they may have their heart explode in their chest, have a uncontrollable gush of blood from their noses, or faint in battle. It is extremely hard to look away once the target is hit by this attack.
>>
File: Tomoko_in_VOL_43.png (328 KB, 250x455) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko_in_VOL_43.png
328 KB, 250x455
>>46679995

>unrepentant cheater

Damn right he was!
>>
>>46679995
I'd wager Joseph could've fucked up Dio had he been feeling a bit more spry. Where's Alessi when you need him?
>>
File: 1459415928478.png (25 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1459415928478.png
25 KB, 228x239
>>46674026
>>46674142
Pretty boring-tier desu. It would fit well in part 3, but out of that it is pretty dull. No real interesting interactions in combat, just.. swords.
>>
>>46594928
『Radiohead』

Power: B
Speed A
Range: C
Durability: C
Precision: D
Potential: D

The Stand is semi-automatic (think Whitesnake) and uses Radar pings to locate a foes 'signature'. It then attempts to maneuver said foe into an enclosed room, wherein it turns the room into a 'microwave' and cooks them 'alive'. The Stands 'cooking' works faster if they are dehydrated. It also passively disrupts calls from Cellphones and similar wireless devices. It is otherwise a very average stand with some potential of close range punching, but is easily outclassed by dedicated punching ghosts. It instead relies on its speed to dodge and bait the enemy into its 'microwaves'.
>>
File: img000001 (3).png (2 MB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000001 (3).png
2 MB, 780x1200
Needs a name

『』This stand manifest as a suit of black rubbery material that wraps around the users body that absorbs physical attacks completely and is able to reverse the kinetic force of the attack back on the attacker. The suit cannot withstand other attacks such as flames, acid, and electrocution.
Power: Determined by absorption Speed: User speed Range: E Precision: E Dura: A Learning: A
>>
File: img000001 (2).png (2 MB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000001 (2).png
2 MB, 780x1200
This one needs a name too. Not sure how to stat it

『』This stand gives the user the ability to turn anything they touch into plastic legos. The afflicted target will experience severe pain as their body contorts, breaks down, and transforms into legos.
>>
Here's some Stand ideas that I've had fairly recently. I made the last one with a friend. He plans on using it in the JoJo RPG I'll be running when I get the chance.

『Vanilla Queen』 can make anything incredibly slick, causing them to become slippery or be impossible to grip. Only Vanilla Queen can safely hold objects that it made slick for long periods of time. Making an object slick also influences how they react to friction and air resistance.

『Boney M』 is an Automatic Stand that can bite any creature and turn them into another copy of itself. Beating a single Boney M is easy, but they are much more dangerous in groups. They follow any simple orders that their Stand User gives them, and will turn back to normal when the Stand User is defeated.

『Back In Black』 is a punchghost that can take objects and insert them into its built-in pocket dimension, like an ass kicking bag of holding. 『Back In Black』's secondary power allows it to steal the kinetic energy of an object thrown at it and transfer the energy into an object stored in its pocket dimension.
>>
>>46682997
『Can't Believe』, by Mya, because it's about being someone's rebound girl.
>>
>>46683155
『Broken Out in Love』
>>46682997
『Special Op』
>>
>>46683155
Sounds like a Danish Nut King Call
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.