[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All the animals in your setting have been transformed into dinosaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1453398483688.jpg (102 KB, 1036x772) Image search: [Google]
1453398483688.jpg
102 KB, 1036x772
All the animals in your setting have been transformed into dinosaur version of themselves, including invertebrates and microbia. How does this affect your adventuring endeavours?
>>
>>46590445
Complete ecological collapse. because insects and bacteria and shit have turned into dinosaurs.
>>
>>46590445
Besides making no fucking sense
>>46590597
Happens
>>
Well, everything dies pretty quickly.
>>
Had an idea similar to this a while ago. Creatures being infected by a dragon or some other kind of reptilian god-creature so they become more reptilian where the dragon had been. Never made a game of it, but it made for an interesting bit of lore.
>>
>>46590597
>>46590621
I presume he meant to say prehistoric versions.
>>
>Play Pathfinder.
>All animals become dinosaurs.
>All cavaliers in the setting cry because they can't use their primary class feature due to no longer horses and no one specced into beast rider.
>Knightly orders collapse.
>BBEG takes this opportunity to try to take over.
>Players now make their characters as to fight BBEG.
>>
>>46590597
>>46590621
>dinosaur version of themselves
Not literally dinosaurs
>>
>>46590832
That's like saying everything turns into larger versions of themselves, but not literally larger.
>>
>>46590871
No, it's the difference between "the bacteria are now dinosaurs" and "the bacteria are now whatever kind of bacteria lived when dinosaurs lived".
>>
>>46590959
I definitely got "tiny baceria-sized dinosaur" out of that description.

Why wouldn't you say Jurrassic or something if you meant the time period?
>>
>>46591181
Because apparently I don't know how words work.
>>
>>46590597
>bacteria
>animals
>>
Surprisingly very little changes on the continent that matters.
>>
>>46591270
Ah, that happens to the best of us.

Your thread is probably shot - these things only occasionally recover if the initial few posts go off the rails - but you can probably get a discussion going if you repost it after this scrolls out.
>>
>>46590445
Does this include humans and other humanoids?
They're animals as well, after all.
>>
>>46590959
"Dinosaur" describes a genetic branch, not a time period. If it did describe a time period, it would be a time period of over 130 million years, during which a lot of things changed on just about every level of life.
>>
>>46591385
catastrophy with dinosaurs? I have a link to a past on that

http://pastebin.com/mM29r9LE
>>
File: 200000% MAD.gif (4 MB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
200000% MAD.gif
4 MB, 500x746
>>46591573
FUCK OFF
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.