[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
What is the best program for making world maps?
>>
pic related
>>
>>46590310
Sadly this. An artistic map is a thing of beauty, but sadly you have to have actual talent to make one.
>>
>>46590034
Photoshop.

Map generators never look right.
>>
Inkarnate is pretty good.
>>
>>46590373
No it isn't.
>>
>>46590324
>filename
>>
>>46590804
>not knowing talent and talentless is not only scientifically proven, its genetic.
>>
>>46590324
Artistic ability is the result of many long hours of practice. Start doodling constantly and you'll be well on your way.
>>
>>46590923

>>46591048

Yes and no. Some have a bit of a knack, have easier to learn.

I for one have spent countless hours drawing and can't produce anything I'd show to my closest friends without feeling emberassed.
>>
>>46590762
>>46590373
It's better than what I can produce in photoshop.
>>
>>46591591
Its related closely to mental plasticity, IQ, kinesthesis, and physical aptitude overall. If ma and pa were natural athletes that just "got", art lets say, chances are high the kid will also be good at art and tends towards athleticism.
This is a rough explanation and doesn't touch on epigenetics nor the genetic issues of "mixed" breeding.
>>
>>46590762

it is decent, and very very fast
>>
>>46591619
That's because you're shit.
>>
>>46590373
>>46590762
It isn't perfect and it definitely has its limitations, but it works very nicely as a quick and easy map-making program, generally has enough options for you to make do with, and can be updated seamlessly along the way.

It's a solid B+, and unless you really want to put in hours of effort, it will get the job done.
>>
>>46590034
>random fucking lines with no longitudinal or latitudinal system
>cold desert at nearly same apparent latitude as hot desert, tropical islands (?)
>can't read shit
Garbage.
>>
>>46592146
this
>>
>>46591938
>and unless you really want to put in hours of effort, it will get the job done.
If you're not willing to put hours of effort into world building you shouldn't be doing it.
>>
>>46595154
World building =/= map-making

Don't be such a faggot. Just because you don't want to spend as asston of time into a map that, depending on how or who you play with, might never even really get seen doesn't mean you don't care about world-building.
>>
>>46595219
If you're not willing to put the effort in to developing skills relevant to world building you don't actually care about world building.
>>
>>46595154
Shut up cunt.
>>
>>46595271
>Autism: the Post
>>
>>46595289
I'm super sorry that you're a lazy GM and feel bad when people criticize you for it.
>>
MS Paint you scrubs.
http://imgur.com/a/H0bcJ
>>
File: map__r1470206141.png (440 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
map__r1470206141.png
440 KB, 800x800
>>46595480
>>
>>46595690
what dat from?
>>
>>46595480
Shieeet that was surprisingly good, May 2014 was best one btw
>>
>>46595745
I have no idea it was just in my maps folder.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.