[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of your games pulled a "the bbeg was one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Traitorous_d5473a_2581053.gif (20 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
Traitorous_d5473a_2581053.gif
20 KB, 750x733
Have any of your games pulled a "the bbeg was one of the pcs the whole time" ? If so, how did it go? I have a player who wants to go in this direction and I'm not sure how much it should be encouraged.
>>
We've had BBEG PCs before, but only once I can think where it was secret and built up. It's hard to pull something like that off when everyone is around the same table, without a heavy level of involvement and help from the DM.

Also, I kind of feel it can be more fun if other players are aware because either they can plan or try to counteract the other PC or even consider joining or helping them. Only shit players will freak out and immediately resort to hostility upon finding out, out of character.
>>
>>46587368
I'm afraid the rest of the party will find out and I'll have to split game time between the evil pc and the rest of the party
>>
>>46587439
You can do stuff with that PC outside of the game. Not like running separated sessions, but talking with them before and after about stuff like what they would like to have happen and what their goals are for the coming session or what goes on behind the scenes or during downtime between sessions.
>>
>>46587525
That is a good point
>>
No. NPC, sure.
>>
>>46587289
Just once.
>DM starts handling us some small library cards at random, says these are things to add to our backstory.
>You can make your own char but you'll also have to add this kind of thing.
>Gritty low fantasy in a not dung ages setting. Plague is running rampant and you can make a lot of moneyz if you travel to the negro kingdoms to the south, or to the liberians, or the non arabs in your quest to get stuff from chinaman.
>Everyone is distrustful of each other and get centered around the only "white caster" of the group, a self proclaimed only child priestess of the god of egoism.
>She's basically the only healer for miles and is paranoid of using all her spells.
>Da fuck.
>We weren't supposed to reveal our flaws until later in the campaign, as it'll get our ass in trabble if we did. For example, our scimitar user was a cannibal, and secretly began to lose precision in cuts due to his dietary habits. Our witch was just a poor whore that found a magical book in the corpse of a corrupted inquisitor, etc.
>I only received a blank card, and when asked the nigga he said that it was meant to "have large memory gaps" but "shrug it off because you don't really care for some reason".
>Play OB black knigga with somehow high alignment, arcane fireballs and a huge poleaxe.
>Eventually everyone starts to gain powers related to their secret, for example, the scimitar guy gained a bite attack and could use smell to get images on third dimension of people and things. Witch started to grow mutations all along her body. I started to gain voidmagic at low levels. It was awesome, powerful and dangerous.
>Get through a buttload of adventures and eventually trust each other enough to not flip our shit when secrets were revealed.
>We even trusted the assassin that was originally sent to kill us all as his secret. Like he could have pulled that off 90 episodes ago, shit was retarded.
>>
>>46588466
>Our group had started mid-low aligment (except me, I started in ok tier) but surely we were raising up to the point where we became heroes in a gradual progression without DM imput, and could ignore the darklord no more.
>Witch is probably pregnant with the assassin's kid.
>Decide that we're going to try and foil major evil over and decide wether or not to redeem seriously afterwards.
>Even the -demigod- got in the bandwagon, while rolling her eyes backwards.

>Unearth the time table of the campaign by pure skill because half of the party were exceedingly efficient at fucking shit up and clean everything.
>We had like one month before the apocalypse kicked in.
>Somehow and for different reasons we had managed to avoid the temptations of easy riches, pollitics, sedentary fortresses and shit despite starting out as morally dubious people. DM is genuinely impressed.
>There was no time to waste.
>Grossly underleveled but with an epic plan to assault the final dungeon, we delved.
>Almost each challenge past the third, we were losing one person. I save them a few times by virtue of tanking or bashing whatever advanced golems we're forced to face, but already got one leg completely crushed and limp around using my weapon to help me walk.
>Soon I find myself with an almost destroyed armor guarding the demigod, the rest of the party is dead.
>Reach the throne room
>There's no one there, everything smells of the DM's fuckery.
>A trap of miraculous difficulty is about to erase me.
>Completely out of character, priestess pushes me away from the trap, abandoning her own save.
>She was secretly siphoning this "god" who abandoned his family in order to ascend. This was why she was such an ass to distribute heals.
>Had to believe her own lie in order to not be discovered stealing each spell from her father each day.
>>
>>46588499

>I can't save her, I have no potions, and even when I give her all my HP with dark fuckery she still dies. Only time I lament making an invincible wall of I can kill everyone, tank all the shit and survive instead of a healer.
>Black knigga finally fails his last will check and enters mental breakdown.
>"These halls seem familiar" say the DM as the armor is falling piece by piece
>Finally the helmet breaks.
>Realize I hadn't taken my armor off, ever, and hadn't given the DM an actual description of what I looked like (fucking mistake).
>Used full advantage of supernatural metabolism (to leave no trace or smell) and constant vigil (meaning I did not need to rest and had to eat little)
>I expected to be an undead, but my reflection is human, and full of scars, even one impressive head scar.
>I'm old and unkept, with a shortish hobo beard, eyebags and sunken dark eyes.
>Realization and horror, I look disturbingly similar to the only two portraits of the darklord we had managed to find so far, only a few years later and quite battered.
>Rest of the party is staring at me in disbelief. I ask the DM but his smile confirms what his words do not.
>Don the dark crown. There's no one in these dusty halls.
>Sit in the dark throne, overwhelmed by sadness.
>I now remember where the apocalyptic machine is, and stop its charging with a small button hidden behind the throne.
>The machine was not made to bring death from the skies but to bring death to them.
>A ray that sucked the life of the land in order to kill the gods in heaven.
>Descend into madness. Fade to black.
>Campaign ends there.

The rest of the hour was from bitching from the players demanding that the DM tell them what happened next but smug nigga did not yield. The ending was left open but with horrible implications. Either the earth is destroyed by rancorous gods, or sucked dry of its lifeforce.
>>
>>46588532
Jesus christ dude, nicely done by the GM and well written by you dude. Thanks for sharing
>>
>>46588532
Damn, that was good. Especially the fact that the void powers could have been from the memory gaps or because of you char's previous life.
>>
>>46588532
If it makes you feel better, suppose you give your description to the DM, He only needs to make his own portrait version just in a way or attitude that doesn't exactly mirrors you until the very end.

Either way you would have gotten played senpai.
>>
File: Iwasthedemons_teegee.png (294 KB, 1680x1772) Image search: [Google]
Iwasthedemons_teegee.png
294 KB, 1680x1772
Decided to cap this. Would like for more people to storytiem.
>>
>>46588665
>>46588851
>>46588920
>>46589289

I don't think one of my black kniggas is paste worthy but thanks for the support.

Yes, in retrospective I would still be the BBEG no matter what, but not providing a character description to your master can lead to all sorts of DM handwaving. It's like that anime where they can only recognize the warrior with the helmet on.

Void magic was probably because of past life, it was heavily implied that golems moved BY THE POWER OF NOTHINGNESS and were immune to my innate disintegration powers. Traps and hazards were also disintegration themed, and it makes sense because few wizards program more than one contingency against it. Also it's one of the few spells able to deal with golems, as they save easily against most things. The idea was overdone, but well implemented.

The memory loss thing was kind of camouflage for the real deal, which also makes sense with some kinds of brain trauma (this could also turn a bad person into a decent fellow, and couldn't be healed easily due to the priestess personality).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.