[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fictional Character Shadowrunner team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 672x936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 672x936
((Pic Related))

So, /tg/, you're getting prepared for your first Shadowrun. You can put together a team of Fictional Characters for the team that will go with you and assist you in this Run.

Who do you choose?

My team:

Infiltration Expert: Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
Mage: Rin Tohsaka (Fate/Stay Night)
Sniper: Sinon (Sword Art Online)
Muscle: Fawkes (Fallout 3)
Face: Shawn Spencer (Psych)
Hacker: Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)

Now, I want to hear yours. Don't judge each other's teams, and don't be a dick. This is all in fun. The list can be as serious or as strange as you want, so go crazy with it.
>>
>>46580529
>Infiltrator:
Corvo Attano (Dishonored)
>Mage:
Anders (Dragon Age Origins: Awakening)
>Muscle
Jotaro Kujo (JoJo) or Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)
>Hacker
Not really sure, maybe Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
>>
File: everyman.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
everyman.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
He's the only one I need.
>>
>>46580916
Jensen is the best Shadowrunner!
>>
>>46580889

This is a great team, honestly.
>>
>>46580529
>6 people
Gee, anon, why don't you take the whole world with you.
>>
>>46580889
Wait, who is your sniper, and who's your face?

Or are other people covering for those roles?
>>
>>46580529
You can't have 6 on a good team, initiative takes for fucking ever.
I've tried it. 15 minutes every round of not doing anything while the adepts and Sammies finish their turns gets fucking boring.
>>
>>46582524
Mage and face are often synonymous; not always, but often, and Anders is fairly charismatic even with his tendency to go on MUH OPPRESSION rants. Not sure about the sniper, though.
>>
>>46582568
I know that, ok?

I was just saying if you COULD have six on a team, who would you have?

You don't even have to put six people if you don't want.
>>
>>46580529
Welp, I'll give it a shot

>Infiltration Expert: TF2's Spy
>Mage: Ainz ooal gown (Overlord)
>Sniper: The End (mgs3)
>Muscle: Goon (yknow, from the comic)
>Face: Bond (Preferably Brosnan)
>Hacker: dunno, maybe the SS2 protagonist
>>
>>46582606
>Sniper
>Solaire of Astora
>All the lightning spears, all of them
>>
>>46580529
Infiltration expert: Chell
Mage: Old Ben Kenobi
Sniper: Master Chief (with a pistol, obviously)
Muscle: Hulk
Face: Duncan Idaho
Hacker: Lisbeth Salander
>>
>>46582568
Play the game without such shit mechanics.

I play it using MiniSix with an expanded list of spells and the cyber-enhancements rules from d6 Space.
>>
Infiltration & Decking : Blade Wolf (Metal Gear Rising)
General Gunplay : HUNK (Resident Evil)
Muscle : Azrael (Blazblue)
Face & Mage : DIO.
>>
>>46580529
>Face: Walon Vau (Republic Commando series, backup Sam, party co-leader)
>Street Sam: Venom Snake (MGS V, backup Infiltrator, & party co-leader)
>Mage: Bardan Jusik (Republic Commando series, backup Sam, party moral compass)
>Hacker: The Napster (The Italian Job, quirky comedic relief)
>Infiltrator: Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge, very backup Sam, can do sneaky infiltration or sexpionage)
>Rigger: An-Yi "Lily" Shen (XCOM 2, party moral compass)
>ILLEGAL SEVENTH CHARACTER BUT WHATEVER FUCK YOU: Rigger (Getaway Driver): Frank Martin (Transporter Series)

I have a lot of characters who act as backup Sams, but that's just because that's how I build pretty much any character in my games.
>>
I'll bite.

>Infiltration: Garret (Thief) (Not Thief 4)
Bows are silent, somewhat mystical invisibility in the dark.
>Rigger/Decker: Juni (Spy Kids)
R.A.L.P.H. in Spy Kids 2 was my first exposure to the concept of drones, and in 3 Juni spent a long time in a dangerous VR environment so he'd probably make a good decker.
>Muscle; Adam Jensen (Deus Ex)
Yeah he does the other stuff but in a game of shadowrun he'd be best off as a samurai, what with the arms and legs and such
>Mage: Magicka Guy (Magicka)
Just seems like a good time.
>Face: Face (The A-Team)
Obviously.
>Overwatch: Sniper (Team Fortress 2)
Best [s]murderer[/s] assassin there is.
>>
>>46584141
Faith is obviously best Infiltrator.
>>
OP here, feel free to explain why you chose each character.
>>
File: 1440672251804.jpg (18 KB, 258x301) Image search: [Google]
1440672251804.jpg
18 KB, 258x301
>>46588925
Okay. What's the next step of your master plan?

>>46584141
>Vau
He's quite a good businessman, though most of his charisma is not in-your-face apparent. Also backup Sam because Mandalorian.
>Snake
I don't know about your playthroughs of MGS V, but mine had me tearing through crowds of people when I got tired of stealth and went loud for funsies. Also he's capable of the stealth game.
>Jusik
Mage because Jedi, backup Sam because Mandalorian convert.
>Napster
Honestly, he's the only hacker from a series that really struck me as doing a lot with a little while still being a compelling enough character. He's useful, quippy, and isn't from Star Wars (which I had to stop myself from overloading my list with in the first place)
>Faith
That mobility and stealth antics, though. Also I always saw her as confident and capable enough to do the sexpionage if she wanted to. Also very backup Sam because she's weighed down notably by weapons and gear, but she can kick some serious ass in melee if desperate.
>Shen
Drones and fabrication. One half of the Rigger equation. Also cutie patootie.
>Martin
An extremely talented vehicle guy. The other half of the Rigger equation. Also to be honest, I meant to add "backup Sam," to him because my fucking god, he tears through groups of people if he needs to. In Transporter 2 he has a few scenes that blatantly rip off Jackie Chan. And they work.
>>
>>46580529

Mage: Jace Beleren (MtG) - powerful telepath and illusionist, with some pretty good spirit summoning skills. Not actually a dick either, which helps with the trust.

Infiltrator/Street Samurai: JC Denton. True, he lacks the CASIE bullshit of Adam, but the lengthy discussions of conspiracy theories and transhumanism will make up for that. Nanoaugs are also much lower profile than cybernetics.

Hacker/Investigator: Kaos (Battle Angel Alita) - basically a Technomancer, but also has powerful psychometry that lets him read memories and use the skills recorded in devices and weapons by their use.

Jace - mind magic is the most feared and distrusted specialty ever. But he's very good at it, and with solid illusions and summoning he has plenty of other things to offer when it might be too risky to do more than a jedi mind trick. Morally pretty upright, and willing to be led.
JC - Probably the leader and initially a rather blunt Face. In SR, would likely expand into Rigging and get some improved hacking and social software. His nanoaugs are better than anything on the market, and he really doesn't stand out until he pulls a plasma rifle from under his coat.
Kaos - Weakest personality, but it can be reinforced by psychometry (sword of a badass lets him borrow strength of will, etc etc). Has hacked some very ridiculous computers - easily equivalent to the very best systems in SR. Can pick up skills almost on-demand. With some character development, would be a pretty great infiltrator and face - and given how MtG magic works, if it were possible for him to learn from Jace, he'd be a natural.

No healer, though Kaos is a great surgeon with the right tools, and JC can regenerate. Jace is technically capable of learning outside his specialty and picking up some Green or White magic.
>>
>>46580529

Infiltrator
>Big Boss
Mage
>Dr. Strange
Face
>Tyler Durden
Sniper
>Garrus Vakarian
Muscle
>Grommash Hellscream
Hacker
>Oracle from DC Universe
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.