[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: PZO1135_500.jpg (98 KB, 500x613) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135_500.jpg
98 KB, 500x613
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Horror Adventures is gonna be Good! Good!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Previous thread: >>46559617
>>
Haha, I want more mother cysts!
>>
>>46574296

If they give us a Dread Necromancer, I'll be happy with it.

Assuming they don't bugger it six ways to Sunday, of course.
>>
File: 1460246729072.jpg (539 KB, 1500x2073) Image search: [Google]
1460246729072.jpg
539 KB, 1500x2073
Is there a Goddess of Wealth and Bling in Golarion?
>>
>>46574376
They won't. On either count.
>>
File: tumblr_ni29spX3Bl1s2rbwoo7_500.jpg (53 KB, 466x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni29spX3Bl1s2rbwoo7_500.jpg
53 KB, 466x750
Is there a good-aligned equivalent to the succubus?
>>
>>46574442
Good succubutts
>>
>>46574401
Uhhh there's Abadar, but he's depicted as male. God of cities, wealth, merchants, and law.
>>
>>46574508
Pfft, like sex even matters to most deities. Envisioning a female deity isn't much different from a male one.
>>
>>46574442
No.

>>46574538
It actually does, but okay.
>>
>>46574556
>It actually does, but okay.
Not for most deities, no. Erastil, sure, the hag mother, yeah. The vast majority, however, sex or gender wouldn't change anything about them. They're too far removed from that for it to matter. The same reason the race of most deities also wouldn't matter.
>>
How are the parts of Ultimate Intrigue that aren't classes, feats and items? I'm looking for an influence system I can incorporate into my campaign, and while I'm sure UI's is terrible because Paizo I figured I'd at least ask.
>>
>>46574622
http://pathminder.github.io/sources/ultimate-intrigue/

See for yourself.
>>
>>46574622

Verbal duels seem like they could be fun. Potentially.
>>
>>46574703
thanks m8
>>
>>46574754
They have to be rap battles
>>
>>46574538
Ehhh to each his own. I don't really care. I was just pointing out what exists in the setting. Wouldn't take anything to just say Abadar's a lady.
>>
>>46574821
Well it's not uncalled for in the setting. There are deities who have no known form, and deities that are seen in both forms. It's not unknown in our world either.
>>
>>46574190
What? you absolutely can, Judaism co-existed with pre-Islamic polytheism and Canaanitism perfectly fine. The Bible recognizes other gods existence and even subcontracted them on occasion.

Also what the fuck are you going on about Christianity for? Greyhawk wasn't Christian in any sense or form.
>>
>>46574442
Arushalae. She shows up in Wrath of the Righteous. CG Succubus, worships Desna.
>>
>>46574952
CN
>>
>>46574586
To give a direct example from Pathfinder, the people of Holomog worship Asmodeus as a LN female deity... and even get divine spells from 'her'.

Technically a Holomoger could be a Paladin of that version of Asmodeus, even.

>>46574622
The individual influence system isn't bad. It's not super amazing or anything, but it works as a way to break things down more than just 'roll diplomacy to make the NPC do whatever'.

It is worth noting that there's no real give-or-take to it, though. It's not meant to be a combat-style thing (compare to Exalted 2e or 3e social conflict systems, for example), but more as a way to set up a social encounter that's as complex as a puzzle-solving challenge in a dungeon is.

>>46574952
I meant more like a celestial with a sexual bent, though, rather than a literal Good Succubus.
>>
>>46574442
Forcibly good-aligned succubi, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Alchemist.
>>
Alright, /pfg/, what's the best spell combo for conscripting body doubles of myself?

It helps if the pseudo-clones literally think they're me.
>>
>>46575043
Simulacrum?
>>
>>46574442
>>46574470
>>46575010

there is a good aligned equivalant to Incubi. I present to you the Gancanagh Azata.

>Blesses those who engage in an act of passion with one
>blessing includes extra hit die, attack AND immunity to exhausation/fatigue for 1 hour
>he literally can screw you giving you the energy to keep getting screwed by him all night long

>based on a very obscure nearly unknown mythological being who is essentially the leprechaun's womanizing cousin
>would wander through valleys and screw the local women
>any dude unlucky enough to see one got cursed by it that he would become so devoted to women he looses his fortunes as a result
>this wee man turns men into beta cucks.
>but this is paizo, so he cant womanize so men and women are both subject to his penis of all night long with no downsides other then some extremely raw genitals

>hate the ever damned guts of succubi and incubi
>claims they give a bad name to free lovers and thus are bad for making him look bad.
>in reality he probably got cucked by a succubus once who made a gay man he would much prefer a soul sucking demon pussy over the penis of all night long
>Has a major complex over anyone comparing him to succu/incubutts
>will outright fight Paladins who make such comparisons because LAWL lawful good sux

>complete and total hipsters
>carry around a big awesome looking smoke pipe cause it looks awesome
>cant smoke at all, too sensitive
>srsly, they even have a -4 to any form of cloud based effects.
>>
>>46575027
Go on.
>>
>>46574401
What about minor gods? And celestial lords/ladies?
>>
File: laughing devil.gif (996 KB, 540x388) Image search: [Google]
laughing devil.gif
996 KB, 540x388
>>46575115
That's beautiful.
>>
>>46574442
Lillends.
>>
>>46574442
Closest thing is probably a Lillend Azata, depending on how you interpret their description text.
>>
>>46575184
That's hurting my head, but they're cute anyways!
>>
>>46575115
Are you fucking serious?
>>
File: Lillend.jpg (92 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
Lillend.jpg
92 KB, 500x653
>>46575207
>From the lore of numerous races come tales of these muses, particularly those that have taken a vested interest in the training of a single talented prodigy or the ongoing creation of some fantastic work of art.
>Such legends sometimes prove true, as all lillends have their favorite works, creations, and artists, and often visit the Material Plane to enjoy their splendor and make sure they remain safe.
>>
File: 1459993660548.jpg (459 KB, 866x1014) Image search: [Google]
1459993660548.jpg
459 KB, 866x1014
What's the best junior adventurer?
>>
>>46575121
Level 12 Alchemist discovery Change Alignment, in which a character that drinks the infusion and fails a will save is forcibly converted to a good alignment for 10 min/level.

At level 20 they can select Greater Change Alignment, which permanently changes the targets alignment to a good alignment on a failed Will save.

Succubi have a Will save of +10, so a DC 30 is what you need to make the save almost impossible to pass. At level 20 your DC is 10 + 1/2 level (10) + Int modifier, so 20+Int which means you only need a 30 Int to make this situation happen.

And if you min-max the fuck out of your Int score you can reach a potential 40 DC, then drop a ton of Madness Bombs on Noticula until her Will save is only a +19
>>
Is there any way to get my Revolver to reload as a Swift or even Free action?
I know the shit guns can use alchemical cartridges that make it faster to reload, but Advanced Firearms can't right? So what are my options? I already have Rapid Reload so it's a Move action.
>>
>>46575340
>Level 12 Alchemist discovery Change Alignment, in which a character that drinks the infusion and fails a will save is forcibly converted to a good alignment for 10 min/level.
If you can force a succubus to drink a potion then a helm of opposite alignment would probably be better. You get multiple uses until you succeed, at least.
>>
Posting this again. Made some changes because I realized I had 1 less health than I should, and that one of my traits was not PFS legal for my character (requires worshiping a particular god). Anything else about this character not legal? PFS has a ton of rules.

Name: Laoshu Chi
Class: Cleric Ecclesitheurge 1
Alignment: TN
Race: Tengu (Alternate Racial Traits, Carrion Sense & Claw Attack)
Size: Medium
Languages: Common, Tengu, Goblin
Faction: Dark Archavists
God: Lao Shu Po
Senses: Low-light Vision; Perception +11; Scent (only for dead or less than 50% HP creatures)

Str: 8
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 12
Wis: 18
Cha: 10

HP: 9
AC: 13

Fort: +4 (+6 against disease & ingested poison)
Ref: +3
Will: +6

BaB: +0

Feats: Carrion Feeder

Traits: Resilient & Seeker

Primary Domain: Trickery
Secondary Domain: Luck
Channel Negative Energy 1d6

Orisons:
Bleed
Mending
Detect Poison

Prepared Spells:
Ray of Sickening
Command
Obscuring Mist (Domain Slot)

Skills:
Perception: +11
Sense Motive: +8
Sneak: +8
Survival: +5 (+7 to find food for myself)

Gear:
Traveler's Clothes
Heavy Crossbow - 50gp
50 bolts - 5gp
Club - 0gp
Cleric's Kit - 16gp
(includes This includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, candles (10), a cheap holy text, a flint and steel, an iron pot, a mess kit, rope, soap, a spell component pouch, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), a waterskin, and a wooden holy symbol.)
Donkey - 8gp
Cart - 15gp
Goat (2) - 12gp
Cage (10) - 20gp
Chicken (5) - 5gp
Toad (10) - 2sp
Rat (2) - 2cp
Lizard (1) - 5cp
Cheese (10lbs) - 2sp
Beans (20lbs) - 4sp
Garlic (2lbs) - 1gp
Honey (1lbs) - 1gp
Rosemary (1/2lbs) - 5sp
Turnips - (10lbs) - 2sp
Sugar (6lbs) - 3sp
Salt (1/2lbs) - 2.5gp

12gp
6sp
3cp

His name means Rat Eater in Chinese. He was a poor kid growing up in a large city who learned to eat garbage. Joined the Laoite church in an attempt to pull himself out of poverty, managed to do so. He worships Lao Shu Po as a god of carrion, as she is a god of rats.
>>
>>46575296
>>46575207
>associated with the goddess Shelyn
>elven
>seductive
>compassion
>charm person
lewd as fuck.
>>
>>46575376
Also, I am likely going to take this character at least a few levels up. Any suggestions of a prestige class that would fit the theme of a Carrion Eater?

I can't make too powerful of a character because all it does is break the PFS modules. I honestly don't know what prestige classes are legal though.
>>
>>46575296
>you will never have a lillend wrap her tail around you

Why live?
>>
>>46575340
>needing to force Nocticula into goodness via alchemy
>not exploiting the option to redeem her in WotR
>>
>>46575235
dead serious, Bestiary 5

here is their Invigorated Passion ability if you still don't beleive me

>A gancanagh's passion has the power to raise those who receive it to great heights. Any creature who performs an act of passion with a gancanagh, such as a kiss, gains a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, gains 1 bonus Hit Die (d10) with the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target's Constitution modifier, if any), and takes no penalties from the fatigued or exhausted conditions. These benefits last for 1 hour. At the end of that time, the creature must succeed at a DC 17 Fortitude save or become fatigued, or exhausted if it was already fatigued. This is a mind-affecting effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

oh and they also are so graceful they get to use their dexterity on weapon damage rolls when using their rapier.
>>
>>46575448
I'm just saying is all. Same technique works against other demon lords too, so you can use that to shut Deskari up and convert Iomedae to LG.
>>
>>46575501
>Iomedae
>a Demon Lord

This meme needs to end.
>>
>>46575376
What's with all the livestock and food?
>>46575404
If you're in doubt about something check archivesofnethys.com, it'll have a symbol next to it if it's PFS-legal. And you should make too powerful of a character for PFS, because chances are your group will be full of inept chucklefucks.
>>
>>46575501
congratulations you spouted yet another ancient fucking meme, here's your acknowledgment, now shut up
>>
>>46575525
No.
>>
>>46575517
>What's with all the livestock and food?
I always bring extra stuff, and I enjoy collecting animals while adventuring. At level 2 I am grabbing handle animal, despite being trash at it. Honestly I might give up resilient for it instead.

>If you're in doubt about something check archivesofnethys.com, it'll have a symbol next to it if it's PFS-legal. And you should make too powerful of a character for PFS, because chances are your group will be full of inept chucklefucks.
I didn't make exactly an incompetent character. I choose a strong archetype and strong domains. I just chose my racial features and feat for flavor rather than for pure strength.

Any suggestions on the prestige class though?
>>
>>46575376
>>46575564
The only advice you need is "Don't fucking play PFS." That shit is cancerous as fuck.

Furthermore, you're a casting-focused Cleric. It won't fucking matter as long as you're not completely retarded.
>>
>>46575564
Prestige classing is far from mandatory in Pathfinder, but there's one called Exalted you might want to look into.
>>
>>46575612
>as long as you're not completely retarded
Well, about that.

>>46575631
Unfortunately Lao Shu Po doesn't have an obedience or boons, at least not where I can find.
>>
File: 8542578_orig.jpg (322 KB, 908x724) Image search: [Google]
8542578_orig.jpg
322 KB, 908x724
Pathminder anon here. I'd like to solicit any ideas or suggestions for more automatic handling of class archetypes, or to get help from anyone willing to try and implement such stuff in Jekyll/Liquid.

I think it should be possible, but Liquid is shiiiit for complex stuff, so I'd really like to get some help.
>>
>>46574442
I toss succubi into chastity devices until they stop being so naughty.

I've played with the idea of having extraplanars who become interested in mortal affairs and may bestow their favor upon some mortal (ie, a particularly diligent and skillful craftsman may have an angel or an archon contract them to make equipment out [aligned] materials). People with special 'sparks' like paladins, may have celestial admirers that want to pop out a kid or two for them.

Happens every so often with fae creatures too for those on almost any alignment axis (though usually chaotic).
>>
>>46576135

>Contracting craftsmen to make holy equipment
>Celestial admirers wanting babbies
>Once in a blue moon, they overlap
>"S-s-simpleton! Thou wert chosen for the task merely for thy exquisite craftsmanship! It is n-not as though I harbor affection for thee!"
>>
Read through the first Hell's Vengeance and it looks like Paizo is hitting the Way of the Wicked vibe better than average. The summaries have the PCs up to some pretty nasty shit like, any Breath of Fire 4 players here? You know that cannon that is powered by torture? That thing shows up.
PLUS! If your players have ever done Council of Thieves and gotten a decent ending they are probably going to get their shit wrecked when Thrune rolls in during the last module.
>>
>>46576455
It's a lot of work because you have to rebuild the encounters to actually pose any sort of threat to even total newbie players.
>>
Hey, I've got a question about the Silver Crane discipline and alignment.

Since most (all?) of its maneuvers are tagged as Good, using them is considered a Good act. If my character is Lawful Neutral (obviously with a Good slant), is it possible for me to actually end up LG without actively trying?

>>46576499
That's every AP, isn't it?
>>
>>46576499
Less so in book two; it may have been a particular scenario writer not knowing what to do with Rusty Dagger Shanktown that led to The Infamous Ballista and such in book one.
>>
>>46576499
Isn't that basically every adventure path?
>>
>>46576499
I wonder if they made encounters easier because they think evil spellcasters won't use healing? It seems like the kind of "logic" paizo would use.
>>
>>46574442
Calistria has CN aligned Velvet Wings for safe boffing
>>
>>46576561
>is it possible for me to actually end up LG without actively trying?
No.
>>
What do you do if a god doesn't have an obedience and boons? Is there a generic one for different alignments? I'm asking for PFS play.
>>
>>46575010
There are the Emperyel Lords who have one who is a 'safe sane, consensual' sex god.
>>
>>46576628
If it doesn't exist, then you can't use it.
>>
>>46575383
>>46575421

Lillends don't have vaginas, they're literally that pure.
>>
>>46576580
Maybe you're not far off. It's right on the edge of looking like normal incompetence or deliberate incompetence on top of it, so it's hard to tell.
>>
>>46574952

>tfw they gave Arueshalae a boringly modest bust and butt in the artwork when she's pretty much a hotter succubus.
>>
>>46576580
Healing sucks in 3.5/PF once you get up to the teens. Damage outstrips healing unless you are using full Heal spells and that pisses off the cleric that they end up being extra HP batteries for the Barbarian via that split damage spell.
How to solve it? *shrug* Been talked to death.
>>
If I were to manifest Collapse on a flying creature, would it fall to the ground and fall prone?
>>
File: crab laughing.webm (464 KB, 1280x520) Image search: [Google]
crab laughing.webm
464 KB, 1280x520
How does your character laugh, /pfg/?
>>
>>46576966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
>>
>>46576966

She cackles
>>
>>46576966
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNCUFLgcOm3aYY-iMnRjDAA
>>
File: DaSCrossbreed.jpg (381 KB, 1280x1674) Image search: [Google]
DaSCrossbreed.jpg
381 KB, 1280x1674
So I'm trying to come up with a mini-adventure in a somewhat generic kitchen sink homebrew to run by my group, with the potential to use it for PoW. I'm not sure how to proceed. It was going to start by just having the party be sent to go investigate the site of several major disappearances with a list of the latest batch of missing persons, and escalate to finding two small competing factions with powerful leaders. It'd effectively be just a pair of dungeons with optional bosses at the end of each, with a sprinkling of minibosses. The problem comes with what level to have everything be at, what level would be good for introducing my group to PoW, and most importantly: what problems the two factions would have with eachother, and how a third party would be affected enough to want to intervene.

>A kobold "cult" living under a mountain with dubious intentions, according to any scouts they worship an enormous statue of an enormous humanoid with draconic features
>In reality, the statue represents their leader who lives even deeper in the cave network, the kobolds acting as a community appointed by an elder dragon in order to guard, support, and hide the half-dragon from the outside.
>A cursed forest, filled to the brim with dangerous monsters and blank-eyed warriors of those that were lost in the woods in ages past, its only saving grace is a mysterious fox that tries to lead wanderers to the path out of the forest after springing from a decrepit old shrine that witnesses claim "must be the very heart of that accursed forest", though they often find that they had been in the forest anywhere from mere hours to months at a time.
>The forest is the playground of the very creature that guides people out of it, a powerful and mischievous demigod that inhabits the shrine and is the very reason why the woods are cursed in the first place, as it greatly enjoys the tricks and games he can play on those who wander into it
>>
>>46577227

>Posts Best Girl
>Makes no mention of her being in the mini-adventure
>>
>>46577278
>Half-dragon
>>
>>46577316

Oh! In that case start at level 5, which is the exact level where PoW really starts to shine and the various classes differentiate themselves.

As for the motivation, maybe they never actually fully explain the motivation? We're dealing with an elder dragon and fey trickster, these aren't the types that have grudges or reasons that make sense to mortals.
>>
How to make PF less stale and boring?
>>
>>46576966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOjO90JGcI&nohtml5=False
>>
>>46577456
Print out all the PoW maneuvers as cards. Hand them out as if they were single-use treasure (no slots or particular class interaction, it just goes back into the pile to be handed out later), at the end (or start?) of each encounter, when cool or creative things are attempted, or even as found treasure ("you find an engraving of a badass sword move on the wall, and think to try it") without taking ANY of it out of the regular WBL treasure.

At the end of the day, collect them back - they're for using, not hoarding. Might as well give out something of similar power to casters, like cards that just have the same stuff as the reserve feats in Complete Mage - weaker than their spells but they get to be part of the fun stuff.
>>
>>46576839
No like, out of combat healing. They might think HP attrition is actually a thing if you're evil, or something.
>>
>>46575376
Don't use a heavy crossbow, the one more damage on average isn't worth taking a full round to reload.
>>
>>46574296
Herpes of Horror was fucking rad
>>
>>46576786
She probably has a cloaca though, it's like vaginal and anal at the same time.
>>
>>46578105
You misunderstand how cloacae work, anon.
>>
>>46576966
https://vine.co/v/hVrXYYQIKwP
>>
>>46578105
A cloaca isn't one hole, it's a slit where you keep your holes or holes+cock(s).
>>
>>46578149
Please explain then
>>
>>46578226
See >>46578225
>>
>>46578071
Wat
a
t
>>
>>46578105

Why would she have a cloaca? She's a celestial being built around purity and love of the arts.
>>
>>46574296
Inb4 written by crystal
>>
>>46578226
like >>46578225 already said, its a opening to more openings. think of it like an intersection rather then a road/tunnel that goes a little ways before branching. you would have to choose one of those holes to use, but because they are right next to each other in the same slit, you could in theory go from one to the other without fully exiting her.
>>
>>46578738
Who better to write about horror than an abomination?
>>
Anyway for Aether Kineticist to increase their ability DC (other than increasing CON and Ability Focus)?

Foe throw is fun but being stuck at 13+CON DC is pretty sad...

Fire and Air can take Elemental Focus feat.
>>
>>46578738
I would play that.

>a house full of men drinking milk from freshly squeezed women's breasts
>a haunted ship where all the ghosts are tormented women who died from being told by their fathers to become doctors or lawyers when they grew up and that english major and womens studies was a dead end degree
>acourtroom ruling that transgenders need to use the bathroom according to their genitals, the jury is all trumpets

Wait, what do you mean the book is horror adventures and not humor adventures?
>>
>>46578869
>a house full of men drinking milk from freshly squeezed women's breasts

Wait, that's supposed to be horror?

Freshly squeezed breasts is a good feeling, everyone's winning here.
>>
Posting this for feedback:

---

inconvenient tentacles
School conjuration (creation); Level bloodrager 4, magus 4, sorcerer/wizard 4, summoner 3, unchained summoner 4, witch 4

This spell functions as black tentacles, except that the tentacles don't deal any damage. Instead, when the tentacles succeed in grappling a creature or succeed on a grapple check in following rounds, the tentacles attempt a steal combat maneuver against that creature using the same CMD.

Each time the tentacles attempt a steal combat maneuver, they attempt to steal a random item, in order of priority from loosely tucked items, to fastened items, to closely worn items. The tentacles can steal closely worn items (such as rings or garments) at +10 to the foe's CMD. Even items such as armor can be removed. Items that would normally take multiple rounds or longer to don gain the broken condition when stolen in this way.

Items stolen by the tentacles are dropped to the ground in the creature's space, but the creature can't retrieve any of these items while grappeld by the tentacles, and any creature that attempts to retrieve them is immediately subject to an attack by the tentacles.
>>
>>46578906
oh i forgot to mention, the women arre in the kitchen making sandwiches to go with the milk
>>
>>46578869
>the jury is all trumpets
>the jury is trumpets
>trumpets

Okay but who summons a bunch of Trumpet Archons to act as a jury?
>>
>>46578852
>thinking kineticists are allowed to have nice things
>>
>>46578982

Can the tentacles steal your heart?
>>
>>46578982
Lewd
>>
>>46579002
Trumpets.

Everything is trumpets.
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (33 KB, 219x264) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
33 KB, 219x264
>>46579118

>tfw I just got done with a 2-hour session of EU IV as Poland, and every time I see the word trumpets I'm reminded of the times you hear trumpets in that game

Good god make them stop.
>>
File: DOOT DOOT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DOOT DOOT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>46579118
Excellent.

You thought the spoilered pic was going to be Iomedae's holy symbol, didn't you?
>>
>>46579228
The filename was DOOT DOOT.webm, I expected skeletons.
>>
>>46579016
That depends on if you're a lich or not.
>>
>>46578852
>>46579007
Infusion DC scales with Kineticist level.
Wild Talent DC doesn't.
>>
>>46579246
I forgot you could see the filename by scrolling over "Spoiler Image."
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
Is it generally a good idea to throw full-initiators at a low-level party?

Like, three full initiators vs. the PCs?
>>
Aside from potions + a sipping jacket, whats a good way to get a martial access to enlarge person?
>>
>>46579653
What's the party makeup on both sides?
>>
>>46579653
Nope!
>>
>>46579685

>Alchemist
>Wizard
>Barbarian
>Slayer

vs.

>Two Warders and a Warlord
>>
>>46579665
Juggernaut's Pauldrons?
>>
>>46579722
That's a boss fight right there, given that you're throwing multiple equal-CR enemies at them.
>>
>>46579722
This might depend on how the Wizard and Alchemist roll.

If they're both blasters/bombers, they've got /good/ reasons to be afraid.
>>
>>46579665
Titanic Armor?
>>
>>46579761

I warned them that deserters are a cut above the common banditry, but they wouldn't listen.
>>
>tfw want to play but no game
>>
>>46579583
I have a browser extension.

>>46579761
No, a boss fight would have one more PC-classed enemy of equal level. Evenly matches opponents are APL+4 - if those NPCs have NPC wealth, then even with PC classes, they're still CR = Level-1.
>>
>>46579794

The Wizard's a cheeky fucker that thinks Color Spray and Glitterdust is going to carry the day, and the Alchemist is your standard mad bomber.
>>
>>46579839

What are you looking for, what days are you available and at what time?
>>
File: laughing stocking.gif (278 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing stocking.gif
278 KB, 480x270
>>46579884
Ah, okay.

Yeah, they're gonna die.
>>
File: Kitsune01.png (530 KB, 700x1034) Image search: [Google]
Kitsune01.png
530 KB, 700x1034
>>46577443
I suppose if I just make it so they can level up every few sessions that will work out, but trying to get the power of the party high enough to combat the leaders of each group would need some work to lead up to it. I have terrible senses of everything, but actually having to build up to encounters is going to be a hell of a process

>Enter an enormous chamber, everything feels far too large
>Find an enormous humanoid cradling a massive, ornate sword or two
>now have to explain how and why the fuck they're in the sanctuary this deep in the mountain
>if they fuck up they will have a very large, very angry half-dragon

meanwhile
>After chasing a figure through the woods and mercy killing almost a dozen glassy eyed warriors, the party shatters the illusions and enchantments in the immediate area
>burst into a clearing and find this asshole, the party realizes they've been constantly harassed and led around by the nose by the demigod/fey equivalent of a bratty, asshole teenager

I'm going to be so bad at this aren't I.
>>
>>46575357
You're in luck my friend. Advanced firearms reload as a move action already. And apparently there was errata that makes rapid reload work for advanced firearms.
>>
>Loot bandit encampment
>Discovered 10x Oil Paintings, 4x Marble Statues
>A very elaborate mirror with excellent clarity

What are some cheeky things we could do with these things? It's confirmed the statues are of stately humans and a particularly shapely elf, while the paintings are landscape and busts of nobility
>>
>>46580046
Start your own museum!

When you feel like expanding the collection, find someone and have your resident caster Flesh to Stone them.
>>
File: 1459915674480.jpg (309 KB, 933x1352) Image search: [Google]
1459915674480.jpg
309 KB, 933x1352
>>46580046
Turn statues into carytid columns, the portraits into phylacteries, and "donate" them to a museum.
>>
>>46580046

Fuck your resident love interest in front of the mirror.

Trust me, there's nothing hotter than doing a chick from behind while you're both facing a mirror.
>>
>>46580046
>Stone to flesh
>Have sex with inanimate mound of vaguely human shaped flesh.
>>
>>46580157
Proofs?
>>
File: tumblr_nsalntsPgB1tdv657o2_1280.png (277 KB, 726x581) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsalntsPgB1tdv657o2_1280.png
277 KB, 726x581
>>46580157
>>
>>46579905

>what days are you available and at what time?

never, PBP is pretty much my only option
>>
>>46580234
>feed me tiny mice!
>>
>>46580216

It lets you see everything that's going on with your partner, as well as how your own body is reacting to it. Very powerful effect, especially on medieval losers who probably don't even know what a mirror is.

Think >>46580234 only with less feather.
>>
Would an undead kineticist be better or worse than a normal one?
>>
>>46580299

An undead kineticist would be UNSTOPPABLE because he can do it ALL DAY.
>>
>>46580255
Hello Gareth.
>>
POW question: If an enemy is vulnerable to silver and I stab them with a silver dagger I do +50% damage. If I use a maneuver that adds flat damage, like Momentum Crash, is that damage also +50%?
>>
>>46580332
Cool, I'm toying with the idea of a Graveknight Kineticist villain.
>>
How do I get a Large or Huge character as a PC?
>>
>>46580430
Isn't there some shitehaus rule saying that people immune to nonlethal can't take Burn?
>>
>>46580299
Don't forget that...

> Nonlethal damage from burn can't be reduced or redirected, and a kineticist incapable of taking nonlethal damage can't accept burn.

Your only choice is to be Overwhelming Soul which is pretty bad.
>>
>>46579934
>>46579884
The party is a random encounter for those initiators.
>>
File: Dragon Slayer (RaV89).jpg (243 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Slayer (RaV89).jpg
243 KB, 534x800
>>46579722
It will be fine. Since the PCs outnumber them, they have more action economy.

>>46579884
They were going to have to learn how to play smarter sometime.
>>
Which APs are best for a newbie DM?
>>
>>46580418
Basically, yes. It's only bonus damage dice that aren't multiplied, per CRB 179.
>>
>>46580486
3 versus 4 isn't a huge difference in economy, anon. Especially with initiators having usage for the Swift action earlier than any other class.
>>
>>46580546
But if I were to roll a critical then the additional damage would be +50% but not multiplied correct?
>>
>>46580418
>>46580546
>>46580600

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?484174-Path-of-War-question-vulnerabilities-and-strikes&p=20642391&viewfull=1#post20642391

Someone asked this a bit ago on GitP.
>>
>>46580336
Not me, amazingly enough. I tend to look for games among folks I know already.
>>
File: REn6I5K.gif (3 MB, 217x264) Image search: [Google]
REn6I5K.gif
3 MB, 217x264
>>46579154
>>
>>46580430
>>46580453
That is in fact a rule. For an undead Kineticist you want to use Overwhelming Soul like >>46580472 said.
>>
>>46580658
Nice, thanks for the link!
>>
>>46580299
>>46580683
>>46580472

I'm just glad that DSP's burn-using kineticist had a note allowing undead to work with it.
>>
>>46580755
Which book is that from?
>>
>>46580719
The only Overwhelming thing about the Overwhelming Soul is disappointment.
>>
>>46580799
This thing is reeeeeaaaally bad holy shit.
>>
>>46580798
Psionics Occult.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult

It's called the Avant Guard, and it has an enemy stand
>>
>>46580878
Thanks, I'll just use that rule for undead kineticists.
>>
Is there an ETA for a finished version of Psionics Occult? And while we're on the subject, is there one for Akashic Mysteries?
>>
Are there any feats / archetypes of note in Ultimate Intrigue, if I'm not interested in the Vigilante?
>>
>>46580987
No, and Soon(tm), respectively.
>>
File: diesel.png (257 KB, 224x414) Image search: [Google]
diesel.png
257 KB, 224x414
>>46580878
I'm enjoying this already.
>>
>>46580987
They said in their thread that Psionics Occult is a bunch of little releases with the patreon.
>>
File: Dragon Warrior Concept (RaV89).jpg (385 KB, 637x900) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Warrior Concept (RaV89).jpg
385 KB, 637x900
>>46580561
I missed the part where he said "low level."

Color Spray might be okay.
>>
>>46580990
There's a mesmerist who turns one of his eyeballs into a familiar, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>46581106
As well as another one who uses his voice, and one who kisses people and turns into a fairy.
>>
File: Toxicologist (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Toxicologist (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'm having a rough time homebrewing a poison class, what should I change?
>>
>>46581032
What the hell is that image from? Please tell me it's real and not a shop.
>>
>>46581231
>levels without the next highest level of poison: 3, 2, 3, 5, 4
What's this progression about?
>>
>>46580990
Mesmerist (Fey Trickster) switches to Hunter casting and gets fey abilities
Investigator (Cipher) for effectively being the Silence
Investigator (Hallucinist) for multi target studying
Mesmerist (Vox) if you kind of want the weirding way
Skald (Battle Scion) for king arthur
>>
>>46581308
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/80178084/
there you go, have fun
>>
File: this must be the work of.jpg (22 KB, 272x222) Image search: [Google]
this must be the work of.jpg
22 KB, 272x222
>>46581308
It's real. Have you ever read a comic called Diesel? /co/ had a TON of fun with that one.
>>
File: metamorph alchemist.jpg (246 KB, 1209x628) Image search: [Google]
metamorph alchemist.jpg
246 KB, 1209x628
>>46580990

M E T A M O R P H
>>
File: Plaigerism.jpg (570 KB, 995x1551) Image search: [Google]
Plaigerism.jpg
570 KB, 995x1551
>>46581360
>>
Hey guys. Fairly new GM here.

I'm having trouble handing out treasure and gold.
At what level ranges should players start to get Masterwork/+1/+2/etc items? Is it different for NPCs? And is there a chart for gold distribution?
>>
>>46581231
1) What's the point of Improvised Poison? Are you writing up a bunch of extra poisons to go along with it?

2) 7d4 Acid damage isn't a whole lot at level 19.

3) Why is Siphon Poison a major class feature? It's a feat you can take at level 1, it's not buffed or helped by any class features that make it worth acting as a 6th level class feature.

4) What the hell does Corrosive Poison's "attacks made using poisons bypass armor bonus to AC" mean? Any attack is a touch attack? There's a thing called Contact poisons you know, they do exactly that.

5) Unseen Poison is a feat you could take at level 5, why is it a 15th level class feature?

6) Poison Focus is worse than the Nagaji Alchemist FCB.

7) Persistent Poison is way too strong, but at the same time doesn't alleviate any of the problems with poison. Ignoring poison immunity is great and is the only thing worth anything in this class that I'm seeing. It also doesn't help the low fort save DCs for poisons, most of which have become irrelevant by the time you've reached level 10. There's no ability that synergizes with Poisons to boost their DCs here, as apparently Improved Poisons LOWER the DCs, and Poison Focus isn't a great boost.

My suggestion is just play an Eldritch Poisoner Alchemist, that looks like what you want to play anyway.
>>
>>46581469
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering
In general. For WBL:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering#Table-Character-Wealth-by-Level

Generally speaking, no more than half of a PC's wealth, if that, should be spent on any one item. Masterwork weapon by level 2, +1 by 4, +2 by 7, and so on. NPCs get half the WBL of a same-level PC.
>>
>>46581334
I'm looking at the Hallucinist, and wanting to play one based on Hunter S. Thompson.
>>
>>46580543
Rise of the Runelords or Giant Slayer are very easy to run.
>>
I know kineticists are bad, but just how bad would a fully optimized earth/air kineticist be?
>>
>>46581977
bad
>>
>>46581977
Roughly tier 4ish buildposter pls go. It's capable of doing its job, but its job is NOT the job that's written on the class.

It's scouting and some utility/UMD, with capable enough (but not GREAT unless your DM allows you to engage from ridiculous ranges) combat.

The avant guard kineticist + earth or air is much better, and actually able to fight thanks to being able to composite blast.
>>
>>46581977
this is the one situation BUILDPOSTER is useful for, so I'm sure he'll show up
>>
>>46581977
Maybe low end of Tier 4 if they're lucky. The class is largely Tier 5.
>>
>>46582022
>>46582041
>>46581977
T I E R S I X
I
E
R
S
I
X
>>
>>46582106

pls

The only legitimate T6 is probably hulk vigilante
>>
>>46582482
Is it worse than this?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/voyageur
>>
My friends want me to run " WE BE GOBLINS".
we all know pathfinder but it would be my first ever time DMing, and i am bad at RPing, so i want it to be good.

can you give me some suggestions if you have played it?

-does it live up to its expectations?
-is it ok even for not pathfinder-newbies?
-is there anything too unbalanced/dangerous/stupid that needs to be fixed?
-would it be ok to run it with 3 players instead of 4? how would you run it?
>>
How does a kitsune sorcerer get even higher enchantment DCs?
>>
>>46582669
i think an oracle mystery and a cleric domain hands out higher enchantement CDs, but id on't know how to reach them with sorcerer without giving up levels.
>>
Our campaign is about to end and I've been thinking about the lives of our PCs after their adventuring days are over.

Presumably the wizard and alchemist go back to their research and eventually discover immortality through whatever class feature/become more powerful with age. But what about the fighters and swashbucklers?

Best case these guys that risked the most end up as some sort of instructor when they get past their prime. I mean, do the 9th level casters give the mundanes some sort of pension and put them out to pasture or what.
>>
File: 1459867586241.png (221 KB, 850x645) Image search: [Google]
1459867586241.png
221 KB, 850x645
>>46582722
Answer the question asked or don't post at all

>>46582669
Fabored class bonus.
>>
>>46582792
I mean beyond the favored class bonus.
>>
I want to DM for the first time and I'm planning to do a fey-themed campaign which is also a deconstruction of Golarion as a fucking shitty setting.
What's a fun way to start off a campaign? I'm thinking of doing a bit of 1-on-1 with all of the players so I can make a separate plot hook for each character and a convincing reason for them to meet up, but I'm not sure I can handle that well as a first time DM.
>>
in the OP theres the "The Trove" pastebin, is the mega link in there > paizo > core, all thats necessary to play?

secondary; is there anything I should know as I read / get ready to play in a session or two from someone who has only played 5e?
>>
>>46582669
Sorcerer (Advanced Race Guide pg. 1): Add +1/4 to the DC of enchantment spells.
>>
>>46582861

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

This is more useful for reference, I've found. The trove, for all its usefulness, requires sifting through individual PDFs for information.
>>
>>46582834
Spell Focus.
>>
>>46582773

It will mostly depend on the goals of the people involved. Perhaps they become rulers, commanders, sell-swords, instructors, farmers, nobility, wanderers...

Of course, bad things can happen too. They could become has-beens, alcoholics, spouse and child beaters, murderers, disabled...
>>
>>46582669
By casting higher-level enchantment spells.
>>
>>46582861
>in the OP theres the "The Trove" pastebin, is the mega link in there > paizo > core, all thats necessary to play?

a pdf of the dozen core paizo books( counting bestiaries) plus http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ ( site that contains all paizo feats, classes, traits, mosnters etc) are way more than enough for you to play and your players being happy with one gorillion characters to make.
if someone want to make a monk or a rogue tell them to use the monk or rogue version from "pathfinder unchained".

as the game inherits the whole " casters are god after a few levels, mundane looks boring in comparison" you might want to look into either "path of war" ( to give your fighter special attacks that can go crazy almost like spells) or Spheres of power( which limits spellcasters ability to warp the game and also give them weaker, but at will, "spells" so it's easier to menage both level scaling and "encounters per day" scaling).
they are both third party books that change the balance of the game.
>>
>>46578738
MAN THE HARPOONS!!
>>
>>46581977
At what level? Let's try building one before we judge.
>>
>>46582773
Have them retire to some extra-planar war and gain a position of leadership and prestige with an army of outsiders behind them

Maybe they find some hot ass princess honey and marry into a royal family, eventually becoming king of their own nation and founding a dynasty.

If they do die of old age after a pleasant and well spent life, maybe their patron deities give them a personnel realm in the afterlife where they become powerful outsiders, eventually growing to become Empyreal Lord or of similar power with their own layer to rule.
>>
So Paizo is planning on releasing Council of Thieves as a compilation like RotRL, why Paizo?
More money hunger?
>>
Anyone here play Emerald Spire? I'm a little bit worry about potential TPK on level 9.

The party will be facing with a Barbed Devil (CR11). This is a huge CR jump, since the boss of the last floor is only CR8...
>>
>>46583007
I've been running it.

Flee while you still can. Suck your players into Ravenloft. Offer to run literally anything else. Exit that adventure and take your dignity with you while you yet possess it.
>>
File: 1389254374085.png (57 KB, 317x240) Image search: [Google]
1389254374085.png
57 KB, 317x240
>>46582986
I heard of Crimson Throne, but not Council of Thieves. It'll need a massive amountof work. That whole AP was meant to be the first of the 'plucky CG rebels' series set in an urban setting like Crimson Throne, but ended up being a long series of lame ass dungeon crawls.
Source?
>mfw they skip Second Darkness altogether
>>
>>46582837
> I'm thinking of doing a bit of 1-on-1 with all of the players so I can make a separate plot hook for each character and a convincing reason for them to meet up

that's a good idea. my DM really likes putting lost family members in the plot, as it is an easy and cheesy way to plot hook each character.

don't be afraid to flat out tell your players that their character need to be interested ina certain kind of adventure or have a certain kind of morality ( if not good at least willing to save the fucking reign from a necromancer) instead having of trying to create a plot hook from a completely free background.

i feel like people in this thread could help you more if you could give us some extra details of your starting plot.
>>
>>46583023
Oh right, CotCT
Why even bother though
>>
>>46583025
The starting plot is, in a nutshell:
>FEY, LOTS OF FUCKING FEY emerged several decades ago
>in time, they became a major divisive issue
>several major factions formed with incompatible stances on the fey who have not entirely friendly relations
>players are supposed to pick their own stance and affiliate with either faction

For simplicity, I want to make each faction have a different alignment, so a little hint "please make all of your characters have similar alignments" without shoehorning them into something particular (heck, I'd be okay even with a CE party) could help a lot.
>>
>>46583021
>Ravenloft
The one for 5e? Is it good?
>>
>>46583044
Crimson Throne was actually pretty rad, from before Paizo truly began to embrace their suck.

>>46583112
I wish to know this as well. I love Ravenloft and I want to know what 5th has done to my baby.
>>
>>46582529
Worst. At least that class didn't have "attack party members until you make a DC 20 + half your level in will save" as class feature.

On the archetype that modify your will save into a weak saving throw.
>>
>>46583063
Wow. Paizo has to be trolling at this point.
>>
>>46583075
>(heck, I'd be okay even with a CE party)
Though, one of the two CE NPC factions will include characters they know and hate from a previous game we had in this group (I was a PC rather than a DM in that game).
>>
>>46583112
I, ah. I haven't read or used anything official about Ravenloft since 2e. The 3e/3.5 version was an atrocity, I never got around to playing 4e and 5e doesn't have my interest. I kinda just. Painstakingly convert the 2e stuff as I need it. It helps that I'm really familiar with the fluff.

I really like Ravenloft okay.
>>
Today my lvl 7 paladin crit someone for 100 damage

bretty good

in other news is ultimate intrigue pdf ripped yet?
>>
>>46583268
Paladin + Lance + Mount + Cyclops Helm = fun time.
>>
>>46583297
Fuck that, all i needed was my elven curve blade, a ridiculous pile of buffs, smite evil, and LITANY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

casual every attack this turn doubles in damage

4x crit on 15-20 ayyy
>>
>>46583319
2x crit + 2x litany of righteousness = 3x damage
>>
>>46583337
litany of righteousness says nothing about crit multipliers

It literally just says doubles damage.

So its not a 2x on a 2x = 3x, its a 2x, look at the result, and double that shit.
>>
>>46583183
5e looks better than pf by a long shot desu
>>
>>46575043
Step 1 Craft construct,
Step 2 make wax golems.
Step 3 await inevitable assassination by duplicate (Suicide?)
>>
>>46583348
Doubling is multiplying. The core rules for multiplying damage say it's +1 instance of base instead of literal doubling, +2 instances of base instead of tripling, etcetera. Core Rulebook 179
>>
>>46583075
>alignement

i don't know how you roleplay and understand alignement, but i honestly think it's a trash mechanic and i like when it's used as a final label on a created character rather thana restriction imposed on creation.

not wanting fey immigrates in your country is not Evil, Good, Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic; the reason of why you don't want them might be.

i'd rather describe to the players what the fey have done, good or bad, to the land in the last years and what they might bring in the future.What are the major characteristic of each faction, why each faction(which are allowed to be based on an alignement as a whole,whatever that mean) love/hate certain group of feys and what are the major political arguments for each.
then let them vote for the faction they want to side for and create any character that has any reason to side with that faction.

for example those might some reasons a character might want a certain group of feys gone from his lands( some reasons are a bit weak and you might want to reinforce and add more thanks to the plot them during the adventure to avoid them leaving mid-campaign):

-politically thinks " the land of our ancestors goes to us; niggers feys should go back to africa"
-"feys raped my poopoo and killed my dad when i was a children. i hate feys."
-his family/city's business is hurt my the fey's commerce and presence, so he grew up to hate them and them gone would be directly good for the people he loves.
-He is ok with feys. but his family/city has political/economical ties with people that don't like those feys so he just fight for them.
-The presence of the feys helps an opposite human faction, and he wants to fight against that other faction for reasons ( basically any other reason i wrote here works for that too), so for associations he want to remove feys.
-his gold/ a prophecy told him so.
-That group of fey fucking hates him and his family for whatever reason, he's just defending himself/his business
>>
>>46583319
> not playing monster tactician and use litany of righterous with tons of celestial being behind you.
>>
>>46583392
I'm not sure it works like that. It doubles damage taken.

It doesn't make you roll more dice like a crit does
>>
>>46583424
>i'd rather describe to the players what the fey have done, good or bad, to the land in the last years and what they might bring in the future.What are the major characteristic of each faction, why each faction(which are allowed to be based on an alignement as a whole,whatever that mean) love/hate certain group of feys and what are the major political arguments for each.
>then let them vote for the faction they want to side for and create any character that has any reason to side with that faction.

Sure, I'd do all of that. But so far, alignments reflected on PC behaviour pretty heavily in our games and I want to exploit that.
Besides, all of the aligned factions I want to make are trope subversions, none of them play their alignment trope straight.
>>
>>46583348

The rules on damage multipliers are not specific to crit multi. They are universal.

"Multiplying Damage: Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple times and total the results.

Note: When you multiply damage more than once, each multiplier works off the original, unmultiplied damage. So if you are asked to double the damage twice, the end result is three times the normal damage"

It even uses the term 'double the damage'.
>>
>>46583348
This shit is from Common Terms 12 pages into the core rulebook, come on dude.

Multiplying: When you are asked to apply more than one multiplier to a roll, the multipliers are not multiplied by one another. Instead, you combine them into a single multiplier, with each extra multiple adding 1 less than its value to the first multiple. For example, if you are asked to apply a ×2 multiplier twice, the result would be ×3, not ×4.
>>
>>46583464
>>46583466
aight i found a paizo post confirming this

i blame a shittily worded spell
>>
>>46583479
Nah, bruh.

Same shit as lances doubling damage on a charge.
>>
>>46583460

Actually, it probably should make you roll more dice from a strict interpretation of the combat rules. You've been playing it wrong if you are just multiplying the final damage number by 2.

It's cool, I've been running it wrong too actually, but the rules aren't all that ambiguous.
>>
>>46583484
The reason its shittily worded is because Litany says damage taken, rather than damage done.

But yeah, it should be a x3
>>
>>46583488
i don't think the rules are 'ambiguous', just that the spell is poorly worded

" If the target is evil, it takes double damage from attacks made by creatures with a good aura"

Taking damage is different from dealing damage. It reads more like it causes vulnerability than multiplies damage done
>>
>>46580990
Let me take a peak.
Daring General Cavalier, if you want to operate your own personal army by the end.
Hussar Cavalier, if rooftop/underwater cavalry is for you.
Feyspeaker Druid, Charisma as the casting stat.
Skin shaper, replaces wild-shape with turning into any humanoid, and gaining all their special abilities,
Guild Breaker Ranger- Gains favored organization, meant to bring down enemy groups from the inside.
Tyrant antipaladin- Lawful Evil, actually encourages playing nice with the good aligned party.
Sage Counselor Monk- Gain access to combat expertise feats, can feint as part of flurry.
Grey Paladin- Weakened auras in exchange for moral flexibility
Just to name a few that I liked/found interesting.
>>
>>46581833
Can confirm, Rise of Runelords went well as my first AP
>>
>>46578982
your magical realm is showing.
>>
>>46582535
While I can't speak for the Module you are running. I can say this about GMing. Put yourself out there, use fun and memorable voices, pitches, and accents and give each npc they interact with a compelling attitude. If you do this and your players try to give you shit, find new players, they don't deserve you.
>>
>>46580046
You're playing darkest dungeon and not even trying to be subtle about it.
>>
>>46583636
And?
>>
>>46579665
spellstoring weapon/armor
a few points into UMD and weaponwand
spring loaded-wist sheath w/enlarge potion/wand
and find a cleric who can bestow the spell on you.
>>
>>46583710
I've actually thought about running a P6 Darkest Dungeon game. Could it work?
>>
I'm making a legendary swordsman NPC, a former assassin so formidable that he operated in daylight with clear intentions and was simply too skilled for any amount of guards to stop, and many dared not try.

What kind of 1pp mundane build would he need for this to be even REMOTELY plausible, besides a d20 with 20 on every face?
>>
>>46583837
Darkest dungeon is bascially tier 4 players + downtime as far as rules go not that I've really played it, only watched some videos on youtube, I am a terrible poorfag. Vestal may or may not be a 'holy' theme'd vitalist.

Crusader = Paladin
Vestal = Vitalist
Plague doctor = Alchemist
Highwayman = ??? They play off rogue archetypes but can tank and aren't shit.
Armsman = Warder
Occultist = ???
Abomination = Aegis maybe?
Houndmaster = some fucked up variant ranger, maybe a druid?
Jester = Bard
Bounty hunter = ALSO A RANGER
Grave robber = more of a rogue archetype with some nifty tricks.
Hellion = Archetyped barbarian
Leper = Fuck knows.
Antiquarian = ???
Arbalest = uh... uhm... uh.
>>
>>46583955
Kensai?
>>
>>46583955
The trick to assassination is to basically come at it from a Ruroni Kenshin method.

Surprise them, hit hard, hit fast, be better than your opponent, and get the fuck out before they can overwhelm you.

I'd recommend an initiator, but you said 1pp
>>
>>46583360
Yeah bruh
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.