[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could you determine the color alignment of a person? I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Slider_MTG_creatures.jpg (32 KB, 590x359) Image search: [Google]
Slider_MTG_creatures.jpg
32 KB, 590x359
How could you determine the color alignment of a person? I think a way is seeing what it values the most but it's still too simplistic. Any suggestions?
>>
Magic flashlight
>>
>>46570458
What about magic fleshlight? Truly, the seed shows the soul of a person.
>>
>>46570517
god dang it anon
>>
At the core would be like Maro said:
Peace,power,perfection,acceptance and freedom.
>>
>>46570387

The color of the spells they cast. The colors of their actions and ideals. The color of their natural environment, and whether they are suited to the environs or opposed to it.
>>
>>46570387

i think for real people (as opposed to characters) you have to think of color alignment as which mindset they favor the most or focus on the most, because each person has a little of every color, thats how we can relate to them all

you can also think of characters this way too though, i suppose
>>
>>46570698
The color of their natural environment usually influences them only if they are at a more primitive level(see blue serpents, green bears etc..), if they like it or not depends on their view. Also their spells depend on their view.

Ultimately their colors are all determined by their ideals.
>>
>>46571031
makes sense
>>
File: 1451219856971.jpg (77 KB, 850x579) Image search: [Google]
1451219856971.jpg
77 KB, 850x579
>>46571031
>because each person has a little of every color, thats how we can relate to them all
>>46570698
>The color of the spells they cast. The colors of their actions and ideals. The color of their natural environment,

These are the closest to a real answer.
Someone living near a body of water like a mariner, for example, might be blue aligned. Someone living in frigid mountains, by contrast, might be red aligned because they use fire magic to keep warm.

There's no one definitive thing that makes a person one color or another, but a confluence of things. Even then attributes might make them multiple colors.

An artist, for example, could be white. He creates fantastic worlds within his paintings filled with beauty and perfection. The same artist, however, could also be Blue/Red - a brilliant visionary who sees what the world could be and is passionate enough to create it.

In this way a combination of colors, even opposites, can appear superficially to be another color. A rampaging Red/Green character may be seen as extremely Black to a White aligned character.

Morality alignment assessments also factor in here. White, for example, is never Chaotic Evil, but it might be Lawful Neutral in order to appear evil like with Konda and Elesh Norn. Black by contrast is never Lawful Good, but might be Chaotic Neutral and do good deeds when it suits them. Red, Green and Blue can be almost anything in between because the motivating factors behind those colors varies, but Red may be inclined to be Chaotic while Blue may be inclined to be Lawful although it certainly doesn't exclude the opposites for either.

tl;dr: elf butts
>>
>>46570387
What color clothes are they wearing?
>>
>>46570387
Pretentious shitcunt = white
Faux "intellectual" asshole = blue
Selfish bastard = black
Crazy ass motherfucker = red
Actually retarded = green
>>
Can a person be colorless in MTG?

Because I'm looking at the moral/ethical/personality/etc attributes common to each, and I can't imagine favoring any one over another.
>>
>>46571557
Actually artists are mostly red aligned
And norn is LE
>>
>>46574893
>artists are mostly red aligned
Except for the actual depictions of artists in the game have been white and blue. Only artificers have appeared as red.

>And norn is LE
Norn is Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral at worst because she believes what she's doing is good for the benefit of "her" people. Lawful Good does not mean Lawful Nice.
>>
>>46574960
Word of god says artists are red. It's just that red's forbidden from having nice things.
Also
>Elesh norn
>LG
You really are retarded
>>
>>46574876
Well I mean, Ugin.
>>
>>46570387
Just ask them to justify what they do. That's really the only difference.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.