[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore: Vampires are Retarded Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: Sorry for the mediocrity.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Sorry for the mediocrity.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
Previously in lore thread, Emrakul is real and vampires are retarded.
>>46536815

Discuss.
>>
>>46565126

Well, that really doesn't mean much - Jace coming to Innistrad was always about recruiting him to fight Emrakul.

True, it's almost certainly Emrakul she's summoning, but that image isn't confirmation.
>>
>>46565126
>mfw Avacyn almost killed Jace and made the metaplot a thousand times better
Dammit Sorin
>>
So from where this is going, what's going to happen to our favorite mad dad?
>>
>>46565590
My hope: R/W/B sorin going full rage mode on Nahiri

Likely actually happening: He dies or joins jacetice league
>>
Also two block sets for story is awful

With 3 sets we could have buildup>crisis>climax. Instead, it's just buildup>climax, Or crisis. There's no satisfying way to have a proper, 2nd act now.
>>
>>46565236
I have to agree with this.
Maybe it's mostly because I WANT to believe this is the case, but still, he's right.
>>
>>46565236
>>46566118
I don't think Emmy is actually being summoned as much as being baited.

Certain non-planeswalker characters have the ability to move between planes for reasons that aren't always explained in proper. Myojin of Night's Reach is the biggest example of this.
>>
SO CAN VAMPIRES HAVE SEX OR WHAT
>>
>>46566269

Yeah, I think it's being baited, either to trap in the moon or just fuck up Innistrad. But the moon itself has to do something, so if the heron moon doesn't crash into the surface, I think it could end up being Shrew vs Eldrazi.

>>46566382

Infertility is a pretty common thing for vampires. Especially as these ones were intended to "solve a famine".

So I rather doubt it - they probably reproduce via infection like normal.
>>
>>46566269
Eldrazi being able to move between planes was because eldrazi originates from the space between planes. I mean no one really know much about the eldrazi other than they feed of mana and spawn from one of 3 known eldrazi titans.
>>
>>46565206
>>46565303

Are those what you truly consider your masterpieces? that which you can never top? never improve past? the absolute best thing that shall ever be crafted by you in your oh so short lifespan?

Personally I think you can top those, you got more in life to create, you have not yet reached your zenith. Do not try to defend yourself and argue about this, for this is a good thing you do not yet have a masterpiece that will FOREVER define you as a person, just like Sorin can now never ever be considered a mono black walker ever again, no matter what he does once it was unvieled he created avacyn. He will forever be defined as having just enough white to have that in his colors. Ad you shall one day create a true masterpiece you shall never top await that moment with eagerness, continue to create until then.
>>
>>46566036
>Jacetice League

Please don’t be disrespectful of the story. You might not care but others do.
>>
File: maxbait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
maxbait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>46568082
>>
>>46565126
Man, Akroma had a way better death than that.
>>
>>46568082
even those who like the story will refer to them as the jacetice league cause its so fitting
>>
>>46568082
You're right. The Oathvengers would be a much better choice of words.
>>
>>46566269
But all it takes to summon Emrakul is a fuck ton of mana.

15 mana to be exact.
>>
>>46565126
So, correct me if i'm wrong, isn't Emmy and the other titans rather weak? I think in one of these threads somebody was talking about how the titans would get rekt on other planes, such as Ravnica or Alara. Isn't it just that Zendikar is unorganized that the titans were such a large issue? Could an entire plane well organized and focused (such as Ravnica) take down the titans? Where is Innistrad on the plane power rankings?
>>
>>46565126

Wait, Avacyn's dead? Shit, what is it with Magic and murdering female protagonists?
>>
>>46568480

More like WotC has a hard-on for fucking over White, making angels evil, and going full SJW. I'm surprised the flavor text for one of the angels doesn't read.

"We're going to Make Innistrad Great Again.
>>
>>46568438
>15 mana to be exact.
>Griselbrand costs 8 cmc
>Avacyn, Angel of hope costs 8 cmc
>16 mana
>Nahiri has enough mana to cast Emrakul as well as a 1 mana weenie
Shiiiiiiiiit
The one mana weenie is gonna land the final blow as a "Fuck you" to Sorin
>>
>>46566036
And then after going full Mardu on Nahiri, he skewers her through the heart, drains her blood, and rips out her spark Kali Mah Shakti De style, which he then proceeds to use as pure mana feul to resurrect Avacyn.
>>
>>46567506
>Are those what you truly consider your masterpieces?
Nope. Just what I pooped out over the last 2 days.

My "masterpieces" are done in a traditional medium. And I don't have a decent camera or scanner to show them off.
>>
>>46568401
What about the Gaywatch? Since they all have the homosexual inclinations?
>>
>>46568551
>"We're going to Make Innistrad Great Again.
WB angel
>>
>>46568599
It's why she needed all those cryptoliths to produce mana. Emrakul loves that shit.
>>
>>46568551

Don't forget making Nahiri evil.
>>
>>46568680
How long you been waiting to use that one?
>>
>>46568551
No WOTC has suddenly developed a fetish for copying Metzen for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>46568551
Everyone goes "It's great when we get a white villain!"

The villains are always white. Even New Phyrexia had a fucking white praetor come out on top
>>
File: sigarda.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
sigarda.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>46565126
Emrakul can do nothing on Innistrad, Nahir's plan will fail cause she didn´t do her homework
>>
>>46566269
>Kamigawa
Might as well be noncanon
>>
>>46569029
Nahiri isn't evil, though. She's just a cunt. Her plan is to deal with Emrakul while at the same time taking a big shit on Innistrad.
>>
>>46568982
Nahiri and Avacyn are really kind of cheating. Both of them took on red for their antagonistic role.
>>
It's gonna be so disappointing when Emrakul will appear in the next set, all those crazy theories and the reveal will be the most obvious one. "B-but it doesn't prove anything", just shut up it's Emrakul, wizards can't write good stories.
>>
>>46568976

And see where that has landed Blizzard. Dumb bastards. But it's not just story. Gender-neutral terms, tranny characters, etc.

>>46568982

True. And I understand the appeal at times, but it's also a bit much, too.

>>46569117
It's really WR, though. I know it's not reflected on all the cards mc, but it's there.
>>
>>46568082
>retards not understanding the reference
>>
>>46568976
inb4 orcs in magic
>>
>>46569227
orcs has been in magic for a while now.
>>
>>46568082
Go back to bed, maro.
>>
>>46569144
But the point is they're not "really" a white villain. Blatantly with Avacyn whose addition of red is exactly what makes her the antagonists.
>>
>>46568476
Nahiri, Sorin and Ugine were 3 oldwalkers when they first trapped the eldrazi, they couldn't do shit to them back then, it's unlikely that any plane could've dealt with them until the jacetice league came and easily killed them because much speshul snowflakes.
>>
>>46569425

Fair point. I still think the Angelic villains angle still applies. It's White's marquee creature going batshit, betraying the formerly devout populous (who were mostly W).

Basically, bad Angels and bad religion.

Still, point taken. They aren't truly a White villain in the Heliod/Elesh Norn sense.
>>
>>46569425
>>46569558

I might add, though, that while it's not a White villain, White did loose it's a plane where White was unambiguously the good and protective color, angels were all around fierce yet compassionate, and the White religion was a force for good.

Yes, it was corrupted and not mono-white anymore, but it's also not batting for W's team anymore, either.

A white player can't point to Innistrad now and say, "Hey, my color is doing good there." which sucks.
>>
File: Angel Token.jpg (55 KB, 591x535) Image search: [Google]
Angel Token.jpg
55 KB, 591x535
>>46569558
>All storyline angels have to be dicks or incompetents so that the Jacetice League and other planeswalkers can shine
>We will never get the righteous and just angel fighting valiantly against evil

Feels bad man.
>>
So since it's a foregone conclusion.

Do you think the new Emmy will be more or less broken than the last?

Or will WotC be so scared of making it as broken as the first one it will end up sucking?
>>
File: descarga.jpg (5 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
5 KB, 309x163
>>46569715
This made me cry. Because we won't have a good angel planeswalker, while we have dragĂłn planeswalker and demon planeswalker
>>
>>46569715
we will probably not see any "good" angels until they decide to make a angel planeswalker. We got our first werewolf planeswalker this expansion so we are slowly moving there.

Wouldn't surprise me if they had Sorin remade Avacyn at the end of this storyline and she somehow becomes a planeswalker thanks to a asspull by wizards.
>>
>>46569743
>Or will WotC be so scared of making it as broken as the first one it will end up sucking?

Well the new Ulamog is better than the old Ulamog

I mean the old Emmy is you get it into play and you basically win the game most of the time. I really don't know what they could add to the new Emrakul that would make it that much stronger. If it's weaker it's because the last one was just a word soup of abilities making it insane.
>>
>>46569807
All non human/elf planeswalker must be evil or at least grey zone morality.
>>
>>46568874
It has been circulating for weeks, dude. I've used it dozens of times. Where have you been?
>>
File: 1414717812558.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414717812558.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46569715
>>We will never get the righteous and just angel fighting valiantly against evil
>never
implies that it hasn't happened before.
It has. I mean, lots of times. What are you complaining for?
>>
>>46569807
>we have dragĂłn planeswalker and demon planeswalker

Well dragons are sentient being so they can be planeswalker, but aren't most if not all angels/demons created by someone else? Obby was a human before becoming a demon, serra made the original angels.
>>
>>46569029
Are you trying to say Sigarda can stop Emrakul or Nahiri? ....What are you smoking that gave you such a blind belief?
>>
>>46569912
Well we have the golem plnaeswalker who was created by someone else.

So it's not to long off a shot to have a angel planeswalker.
>>
>>46569824
I hope it makes your creatures into Horrors and gives buffs to all horror creatures.
Combo it with TITI for a board wipe and game win
>>
>>46569885
I always thought Akroma wasn't really considered good.

A little too far down the cleave and smite path and used by some dude on his personal quest for revenge
>>
>>46566437
>Shrew vs Eldrazi

All I want is a giant monster fight between Eldrazi and anything, so long as it lasts more than 5 seconds

They almost had it with the giant octopus.

I just want to see something punch-out a Titan.
>>
>>46569885
Akroma was actually an antagonist iirc, she just fought against another antagonist
>>
>>46569969
Given the cults and everything we see I wouldn't be surprised if it had an insurrection style effect.
>>
File: disappointment.gif (710 KB, 246x246) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.gif
710 KB, 246x246
>>46569715
>>46569807
Show me yfw you will never get an angel planeswalker and it will never be Avacyn, Reya, or Akroma.
>>
>>46569985
>Emrakul is a 13/13
>Tragic slip is reprinted
>promo Tragic Slip depicts Emmy falling down
>>
File: 1437430884315.jpg (66 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1437430884315.jpg
66 KB, 600x469
>>46569985
>Iona is fucking huge
>We never got to see her get in a huge fucking brawl with Ulamog
>We didn't get to see her lose

Would have been a great death of hope point for Battle for Zendikar. Everyone rallies around Iona at Sea Gate only for Ulamog to take her down.
>>
>>46569476
well, Nahiri can only really stab things with her swords, Sorin can only deal with life forces, and Ugin frequently has greater plans than just kill the bad guys, I don't think that they were too weak to kill the eldrazi, it's that they had the wrong skills.
Jacetice league aside, how would the eldrazi fare on other planes?
>>
>>46569930
Sigarda's ability, senpai
>>
>>46570093
>Nahiri can only really stab things
Lithomancy is apparently one of the more powerful disciplines of magic and can be used for a ton of stuff. Like mana leylines which are pretty neat, exploding buildings, etc.
>>
>>46569885
Akroma was never good or righteous, she was Ixidor's puppet.
That's what made the place she had in the story so interesting.

On that matter, what happened to Ixidor?
>>
File: Rage.gif (860 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
Rage.gif
860 KB, 600x313
>>46569715

Amen, brother.
>tfw angels become the biggest joke of all marquee creatures and the Jacetice's leagues future punching bags

>>46569885

And they're both dead. After one got corrupted, and the other wasn't really "good" per se. Avacyn was the pinnacle of what a White Angel can and should be.

>>46570037
>tfw no angel planeswalker
>>
File: tumblr_mdw5sgxCpt1rcpxkdo1_250.gif (862 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdw5sgxCpt1rcpxkdo1_250.gif
862 KB, 245x200
>>46570037
To all my waifus
>>
>>46569715
>>46569807
>implying Emrakul won't become an angel by the end of Eldritch Moon
>>
>>46569743
I have a theory that it will have a 13 casting cost so probably not as good as the old Emrakul, but that still leaves plenty of room for a good card, especially without Annihilator taking out points.
>>
>>46570257
>She absorbs Avacyn's essence
>Becomes an Eldrazi Angel Horror
>>
File: 1459221713544.jpg (765 KB, 1200x1059) Image search: [Google]
1459221713544.jpg
765 KB, 1200x1059
>>46570257

.....just fuck my shit up, senpai.
>>
>>46569278
He was talking about the noble, always trying to uphold honor, shamanistic orcs that take away at least half of each expansion. There is a movie being released about them in a month. Few old cards in magic doesn't really count.
>>
File: 1414743405732.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1414743405732.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>46569977
>>46569991
>>46570197
Then take that image from that angel token as an example instead, or, Hell, the ending of original Innistrad.
It's true that I'm not actually very familiar with the story of Akroma: it was just the first heroic-looking angel image I found in my MtG folder. And it does look heroic, after all: look at that nasty orc looking guy at far left. HE certainly isn't being portrayed as heroic. It's also worth noting that "antagonist" != "villain."
What about Serra? What about the angels of Bant? Saying that we'll "never" see valiant angels fighting evil in Magic is just factually incorrect, because we've had them before. And honestly? We're going to see them again. Have ye no faith?

>>46570210
I'll admit they don't often have the best luck. But that seems to me to be a flaw of this kind of continuous storyline structure more than intent: strong good guys, if allowed to remain both strong and good, become a liability in terms of storytelling. Think about it: if they remain good, obviously they won't usually instigate conflicts, and if they remain strong, the writers have to work uphill to make villains appear threatening.
>>
>>46570361
>It's true that I'm not actually very familiar with the story of Akroma:
Read it up.
The whole story about Akroma, Phage, the Cabal and Ixidor is one of the greatest stories in Magic.
Ixidor and Kamahl are hands-down two of the best characters ever written for MtG.
>>
>>46565126
TAMIYO NO. She was my favorite.
>>
>>46570518
I'm pretty sure she's still alive.
>>
>>46570361

>Have ye no faith
I do think we'll see them again. I'm just irked my favorite got offed, and her flights got corrupted. I'm less familiar with Bant's current state after the conflux, but I think that plane may be the last one with large flights of Angels still working together well with the humans around them.

>>46570361
>story structure
A fair point. If the "good guy" is always too good, and too strong, there is no room for conflict needed to tell a story. And I don't think it's always intentional.

But in a plane like Innistrad, where even at their best, Avacyn, her flight, and the other three flights, barely maintain a balance with the vampires, undead, demons, horrors, as it is, I don't think they had to go this far.

At the end of the day, I'll reserve final judgement until Edlritch Moon and I see what the final state of the plane is in. But as of now, I'm not terribly hopeful.

>pic
Also, nice choice. Serra Angel is iconic as hell.
>>
>>46570361
Serra fucked off and ditched her entire realm that looked up to her to DIE at the first sign of pyrexia. She's a horrible example.
>>
>>46570623
Didn't Urza fuck it up (as he always does?) by fucking around with red mana and destabilizing the plane?
>>
>>46570677
Not sure. I don't recall the circumstances surrounding it. I just remember Serra abandoning them all to die at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>46570677
Serra was like allergic to black mana, so as soon as phyrexia chased Urza she fucked off.
>>
>>46570677
>>46570759
>>46570623
I'd actually looked her up to double-check her story before using her as an example. They had this to say.
>Serra's personal realm came to an end when Urza Planeswalker appeared, wounded from an attack by Phyrexians. He spent years there recovering and left in peace, but the Phyrexians attacked shortly thereafter, having tracked Urza to her realm, killing many of Serra's subjects. Worse still, the black mana essence of the Phyrexians tainted Serra's Realm, so badly that Serra herself could no longer stand to stay there.
That, at least, makes it sound as though Serra had no choice but to leave.
>>
>>46570361
>>46570623
>>46570677
>>46570759
Serra was a PLANESWALKER who created an artificial realm, not some holy figure. She was just basically Elspeth and Gideon rolled into one.

She abandoned her realm much like Karn abandoned Argentum which allowed Phyrexians to invade disguised as angels. By the time Urza showed up it was too late to do anything to save the realm and, seeing Urza as a threat, Radiant attempted to kill him but instead blew herself up.

Serra's Realm being destroyed was an inevitable conclusion as artificial planes will always end up collapsing, like Rath would have without an overlay. New Phyrexia/Mirrodin/Argentum is an exception, as Karn found Argentum rather than created it.
>>
>>46570881
Apparrently, she also proposed a mass-exodus but for some reason the people didn't want to leave.
And, honestly, once old Phyrexia set its sights on your play, going mass-exodus and collapsing your creation seems like the best idea anyway.
>>
>They attracted Emeria, Cozi and Ula to Zendikar using Nahiri geomagic creating rock patterns and stuff
>Nahiri is in Innistrad for vengance for what happened to her plane
>And strange, invisible, Object is changing tides and shit in innistrad
>Strange rock patterns
Nah, those are just mere coincidences
>>
>>46569476
No.

Why does /tg/ only parrot what they heard some other fuck say rather than actually look shit up?

Sorin and Nahiri both only gave token effort to taking on the Eldrazi until they met Ugin, as you can barely look at these titanic fucks without getting headaches. Rather than just sucking in as much mana as they could and start casting like mad, they divided their attention between helping people and killing spawn until the Titans ate everything and they ran off.

With Ugin actually helping to focus their efforts, they shit kicked those floating eldritch fucks into Zendikar while leaving fodder drones to the non planeswalkers.

The problem came in that Ugin preffered to seal rather than kill them as they might be important to the multiverse's health. That was just when they were oldwalkers and considering how hard Nissa and Chandra fucked two of them, Emmy better find somewhere else to get takeout. Sorin by himself was their tankd and DPS.
>>
>>46570078
That wouldn't happen because it would be good
>>
>>46570164
Except you need prep work to achive those and I don't think Nahiri really uses her swords that much. She keeps handing them off to play with more rocks.
>>
>>46571307
sorin was more of a dps/healer hibrid
nahiri did the tanking/kiting
and ugin was the nuker.
>>
>>46572098
Sorin is the tank
Nahiri is the DPS
Ugin is the nuker
>>
>>46565408
If I were him I would have had her do it before dissolving her from reality.
>>
>>46568599
>>
>>46568780
This was a worthwhile change. She's hot like this. It's less than she's evil and more that she's doing an explicitly terrible thing as karmic revenge on a soft sorin.
>>
>>46565126
Why is unmade put in quotations? Did he just plan to cast Pull From Eternity and Reanimate just before he left as a Gambit-tier double cross?
>>
>>46570093
They ate the other planes they've been on, possibly as a natural antivirus to reality ending shit.
>>
>>46572423
>karmic revenge
Yeah, he should have kept ignoring his extraplanar phone and left Zendikar to rot.
>>
>>46570257
This won't happen because it's an incredibly good idea.
>>
>>46572474
I think they're trying to be poetic. He destroyed her, therefore he "unmade" her.
>>
I'm really not following Nahiri's reasoning here.
>Looks like the Eldrazi broke free for whatever reason and fucked up my homeplane
>That sucks, but we had to put them somewhere and had no real choice back then
>Guess I'm going to make them destroy another plane instead of doing something worthwile, because this is somehow Sorin's fault

Shouldn't she, I don't know, try to find Sorin and Ugin to put the Eldrazi AWAY again and fucking SAVE Zendikar?
>>
>>46572734
Was it confirmed? I though her reasoning were still unknown outside of lolcorruption.
>>
>>46570257
>>46570313
Angel Horror - Planeswalker

5W/<>

+3 Exile any number of non-land permanents you control. Then exile that many non-land permanents an opponent controls, plus one

-5 Exile your hand then place six cards from exile into your hand.

-16 Target player loses the game.

[9]
>>
>>46572527
You don't understand how passion works. It doesn't matter that it "made sense". She's pissed, and she's taking a pound of flesh where she knew how.
>>
>>46572734
Sorin killed the Eldrazi after she went waaaay out of her way to explicitly not do that.

>>46572819
It's not necessarily even corruption. She could just be a cunt.
>>
>>46572965
>and she's taking a pound of flesh where she knew how.

She's getting fucked by Emrakul?
>>
>>46572998
But he wasn't even there when the Eldrazi were killed.
Unless you meant released, in which case: He didn't release them and how the fuck would she know anyway?
>>
>>46572965
But that's fucking dumb. It's like... see, if your two neighbours helped you catch a murderous serial killer rapist and get him behind bars.
Then you go on vacation for a years.
Then you come back and find that the serial killer rapist somehow got free and trashed your house. So you go over to one of your neighbours and trash his house.
What kind of logic is that?
>>
>>46573132
Except she was mad about vampires on Zendikar, not about the Eldrazi.
>>
>>46571266
>And strange, invisible, Object is changing tides and shit in innistrad

What is THE MOON
>>
>>46572933
This is no custom card thread
and emrakul is not a she, nor an angel, fuck off
>>
>>46572933
>Planeswalker with creature types
No no no no no
>>
Anyone have the snowflake and snow plane templates?
>>
>>46570257
O-Ooooo.... OOOOOOOOOOOOH
I kind of want this.

Also I love those lantern spider things.
>>
>>46569715

I like to call this Bitch Rule.

Bitch Rule is also in effect for Green characters. Nissa being part of the superfriends is the closest Green's had to a protagonist since Rhys.
>>
>>46570462
Chainer and Braids are great too.
What I wouldn't give for a Dementia Caster walker.
>>
>>46573077
only he would know where the eye was and that it was a latchpin to the laylines
>>
>>46573968
Skullkid confirmed for final boss of INN2
>>
>>46573968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng
>>
File: Planeswalker Bio.png (119 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalker Bio.png
119 KB, 1562x1186
>>46574595
>>
>>46575133
Thanks bruh
>>
>>46573968
Nor invisible neither strange
>>
>>46565126
So it's all but confirmed at this point. I was hoping it wasn't. Really fucking hard, but hey Zen is now 2 for 2 on having it's last set in it's block ruined. Poor ZEN2 never even had a chance though.

I almost want to post my walker concept, but this isn't the time or place for it.
>>
>>46575314
>that spoiler
Do it, been a while since we had a good snowstorm.
>>
>>46574743

White-bro here. You've actually got a point. It's been a while since Green have some love.
>>
>>46575456
He comes from a world divided into large walled off city states. His had long ago been ravaged by plague and through time people began to warship and revere illness, their immune systems having since become more resilient to such things. Those afflicted acted as priests and other holy folk.

His title was a Plaguesmith. Part scientist part holy monk. Him and his high order workd to achieve different biological magics and plagues and in doing so sought to maintain enlightenment through "The Great Blight", uniting all peoples in the country through a single illness and eventually dying or ascending from it.

During an experiment his spark ignited and he was whisked away. Unfamiliar with the culture and peoples and with no idea how to return home he decided to teach the ways of his faith, however he was run out of town after town and came to the conclusion that these heathens did not know of The Great Blight.

He worked tirelessly on his own, devising and unleashing a perfected plague on the world after several years, cloaking the world in a thick fog. Exhilarated at his success and having since deduced the basics of planeswalking, he returned home only to find a barren ghost city. His brothers having accomplished their great work without him.

His faith shaken, he now travels from plane to plane... a strange illness arising months or years before a traveling salesmen in a rickety cart pulls up, promising them miracle cures and other rare trinkets collected from distant lands; leaving for the next village in the evening, shrouded by fog.
>>
Random thought: Has Magic ever even had a canon heterosexual pairing of two story-relevant humans?
>>
>>46576099
Phage and the Patriarch were pretty story relevant.
>>
>>46576099
Phage fucked the Cabal Patriarch. That one immediately springs to mind. I remember Hanna and Gerard being a thing too.
>>
>>46572474
>>46572589
I think what they mean by unmade is he kinda removed her vital components, like if you remove one of the bottom-most pieces in a game of jenga. Once you remove that piece, the entire structure just crumbles in on itself. Whereas destroying it would be if you punched the jenga tower in the face.

The end result is the same, though.
>>
>>46569807
>implying Elspeth isn't going to come back from the Underworld as an angel
>>
>>46576399

>implying anything that cool will happen
>implying she won't return as a WB zombie that's out for revenge

>>46576218
That matches the card art to a certain extent, too.
>>
>>46576099
There are lots of heterosexual pairings, but do they have to be humans?

Glacian X Rebbec (humans)
Belbe X Ertai (phyrexian and human)
Gerrard X Hanna (humans. Also, poor Mirri)
Eladamri X Liin Sivi (elf and human)
Chandra X Gideon (kinda a pairing and humans)
Chandra's parents (humans)
Liliana X Jace (humans)

The list goes on, but I don't feel like continuing.
>>
File: snowflake.png (330 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
330 KB, 1562x1186
>>46575907
Not bad. Could be pretty nice with some more fleshing out.

I've had this sitting on my drive for some time now. Forget what I was doing with them though.
>>
File: Obliterate.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Obliterate.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
>>46576099
Yes.

Also Gerrard and Hanna
>>
>>46570150
>You and Humans you control have hexproof
>Exile cards from your yard to make Human Soldiers
Cute, but not necessarily relevant vs. Emrakul.
>>
File: CfmzUgxW8AQSuG1.jpg large.jpg (61 KB, 1024x245) Image search: [Google]
CfmzUgxW8AQSuG1.jpg large.jpg
61 KB, 1024x245
>>46565126
Where's Sorin's page at?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 223x310
>>46576555
M8...
>>
>>46576099
Elspeth and Daxos boned right before she killed him.
>>
>>46576467
Nah, they already confirmed that Elspeth can't become a zombie and retain her spark. She has to find another way out of the Underworld.
>>
>>46566036
>jacetice league
>>46568401
>oathvengers
>>46568680
>gaywatch

Shit, I love /tg/.
>>
File: Image.png (126 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
126 KB, 223x311
>>46576598
That was when Avacyn was providing a power boost to all the angels after being returned from the Helvault.

Times have changed.
>>
>>46576637

Huh. Well that's a bit of a relief. WU spirit, then? (In all seriousness, point taken).
>>
>>46576523
>Belbe X Ertai (phyrexian and human)
>Eladamri X Liin Sivi (elf and human)
>Mirri

Man. You just had to hit me right in the Weatherlight feels, didn't you?
>>
File: Elspeth Sun's Champion.jpg (116 KB, 724x1100) Image search: [Google]
Elspeth Sun's Champion.jpg
116 KB, 724x1100
>>46576603
>Elspeth and Daxos
>Implying just Daxos

That was a revel caused by the god of revels, m8.

There's a reason Elspeth, Suns Champion brings three dudes to the party

Only known planeswalker to participate in a gang bang
>>
>>46576526
Thanks; love me some -#/-#
Would be interested to see where you take yours even though Vraska sort of fills the same niche
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (37 KB, 627x292) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
37 KB, 627x292
>>46577008
>>
>>46577094
No prob, bro.

I'd actually like some ideas on what I can do with mine if anyone has anything. Would definitely want to keep them distinct from Vraska, yes.
>>
>>46577290
Please stop bringing it up. Maro's frustrated tears could salinate all the world's freshwater.
>>
File: Urza's rage.jpg (103 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
Urza's rage.jpg
103 KB, 620x462
>>46577290
Return of penitent wanting to atone for past mistakes Urza when
>>
>>46569715
I'm hoping Elspeth is reborn as an Angel Planeswalker in a future set.
>>
>>46577354
Atonement doesn't really suit that guy.
>>
>>46577354
Urzawalker in his powered armor killing all the neowalkers and making Dominaria great again when.
>>
>>46577358

Something about Bant's angels coming to her rescue. It's the least they could do.
>>
>>46577354
>>46577407
He's dead, Jim.
>>
>>46577293
well when you want a ravnica assassin that's different than vraska and is dimir aligned the immediate differentiator that comes to mind is a mind assassin.
someone who goes in, nukes a persons memories and maybe even reprograms them. then I realized jace does this.
alternitivly focusing on shapeshifting and infiltration may be a better route to take to keep with a sort of spy theme.
>>
>>46577407
WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND MAKE PHYREXIA PAY FOR IT
>>
>>46577413
I could see Ajani teleporting her corpse to Bant.

Rafiq goes on a quest to find the MacGuffin to help rez her.
>>
>>46577466
THE MECHAS JUST GOT 10 HANDS HIGHER!

IT'S TIME THE DOMINARIAN PRESS WAKES UP. PHYREXIA IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE.
>>
>>46577008
>>46576523
Orim + Cho-Manno

>>46577418
Yes and no.
He's dead in the "present" but following Apocalypse Karn was communing with him in time. Ugin was brought back from death, so Urza coming back isn't impossible given he's the most powerful planeswalker to exist.
>>
>>46576727
In story she has hexproof
In the card, she doesn't
Storywise she is old sigarda
>>
>>46577354
Urza kind of did that as a head when the legacy weapon fired and killed Yawgmoth. I suppose you could kind of consider Karn to be the will of Urza, as Karn is our last story connection to Urza.
>>
>>46565126
Do you screenshots of the other story relevant blurbs in the fat pack player's guide?
>>
Hopefully Jace dies. What a faggy ass character.
>>
File: 1450998012358.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1450998012358.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>46577584
>In story she has hexproof
>>
>>46577678
No, but I could. It's all pretty much stuff we already know. The only new thing is confirmation that Sorin made the Helvault and secretly helped establish the Church of Avacyn.

Also, there's a time inconsistency. It says that Nahiri came looking for Soring thousands of years ago, but from previous sources we know she came looking for him A thousand years ago.
>>
>>46577734
>i'm just mad your waifu beats mine!
>>
>>46577678
https://vronos.com/shadows-over-innistrad-players-guide/
>>
File: 1459709904060.png (437 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459709904060.png
437 KB, 640x640
>>46577787
No you fool, he isn't laughing at that. Jesus Christ...
>>
>>46577419
Thanks, liking this shapeshifting/infiltration idea. Could even still combine it with mind powers somehow.
>>
>>46577734
If she is not hexproff, why is she the only good angel?
>>
>>46577804
>>46577769
Thanks anons, you rock.
>>
>>46575907

New Phyrexia (or the other Phyrexian splinters) would looooove this guy.
>>
Is Dough the one in charge of the story? I want to send him a well written and educated letter of complains
>>
>>46565126
I'm still mad that Kozilek was killed in Zendikar,
Innistrad would be amazing for it. It's Brood like It that Betrays or Artisan of Kozilek (involving manipulation of the dead) would fit amazingly with the plane's story.
>>
>>46577900
I actually had this thought a few weeks after I came up with the guy. He just rolls in watches their little outpost and scratches his chin before extending his hand and telling them he likes the cut of their jib.
>>
>>46577923
>amazingly
Innistrad and eldrazi should have never been mixed, you will know how much it sucks on eldritch moon
>>
File: 1440398003599.png (239 KB, 555x358) Image search: [Google]
1440398003599.png
239 KB, 555x358
>>46577923
>tumblr
>wanting more eldrazi

yikes... just yikes
>>
>>46577490

>inbf weebs want her resurrected with a pair of cat-ears by Ajani
>>
>>46576898
>>46576637
>>46576467
>>46576399

Nah, the most likely outcome is Dack Fayden traveling to Nyx to steal Erebos's greatest treasure- which turns out to be Elspeth! Then similar to Orpheus, he leads her out (but seeing as Elspeth is Elspeth, she ends up leading the two of them to freedom while blocking any of his romantic advances.)

Then just as they leave Nyx for Theros, some bullshit combination of Heliod/Erebos/Athreos get pissed at them for breaking da rulez and smite her, while they planeswalk away. This partial smiting turns Elspeth into AngElspeth.
>>
>>46577956

This. The planes' respective themes were utterly distinct and can only clash. Badly.

Why not bring Phyrexia to Theros while they're at it.
>>
>>46575907
>>46577900
>>46577953
I like the idea of this guy coming across some Phyrexians and thinking they're brothers in arms, casting off his snake oil salesmen persona and going back to his religious roots only to realize after a few conquests that this is a terrible idea and that he's in too deep to stop now.

Speaking of walkers leading phyrexians, what has Tezz been up to?
>>
>>46578013
>Wizards
>Doing something good
More like Helios smite her and she transform into a normal human
>>
>>46578034
Eldrazi would have been more in line with Innistrad if only for the mad scientists already there.

And I agree; In the first Innistrad block the last set completly shat all over the plane and ruined the flavor much in the same way that the Eldrazi did when they showed up.
>>
>>46578013

I feel like a dunce. Greek Myth and no Orpheus.

But what if they go the Persephone route? She "eats" something while in Nyx which traps her there for a half a year at a time (or 1/2 of any unit, really).

Half the time she is free, and the mono-white, melancholy planeswalker we all love, going out fighting evil, and the other half? Something else far sadder, trapped in Nyx.
>>
>>46578102

I actually liked Avacyn Restored in terms of flavor. Good was triumphant, at least for a time, with hope and angels (and the balance) of Innistrad restored.

Granted, it of course can't STAY that way. Human and Angels and white in general needs to be on the back foot in Innistrad. Pockets and holdouts and strongholds surrounded in a mire of evil.
>>
>>46578046
>Speaking of walkers leading phyrexians, what has Tezz been up to?

Man, who knows? Tezzeret's been jerked all over by shit (that entire Quest for Karn nonsense where he's rivals with Glissa for Karn's love and there are no praetors and...) or noncanon novels (Test of Metal, where Clockworking is a thing).
>>
>>46578176
Good winning is fine and all, I just hate how they pissed away every iota of flavor just to jam angels vs demons down our throat.

>>46578179
Shame; he was actually kind of interesting and I was really hoping he'd let himself become the new father of machines
>>
File: nicol_bolas_by_a_gl-d66ii59.png (7 MB, 3000x2330) Image search: [Google]
nicol_bolas_by_a_gl-d66ii59.png
7 MB, 3000x2330
>>46577577
>he's the most powerful planeswalker to exist.

Ahem
>>
>>46570037
>Akroma as a planeswalker
Heaven help the multiverse.
>>
>>46578515
Who is the suicidal retard at the bottom?
>>
>>46570197
I think he gets eaten by one of the Phage death wurms. That or it turns out he's the reborn version of one of the kings who overthrew the elder dragons. Been ages since I read those books, and it's pretty fuzzy.
>>
>>46570462
Otaria was a fun place. Karona kinda fucked things up, but the whole Mirari storyline was neat.
>>
File: 112476_1.jpg (20 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
112476_1.jpg
20 KB, 226x311
>>46578515
>newfags think Bolas is powerful
Typical of kids that grew up with Neowalkers.
He isn't, and never was compared to Urza. He needed a secret weapon to win a planeswalker duel pre-mending against a planeswalker who wasn't particularly powerful.
Urza, on the other hand, was pretty comfy after being decapitated.
>>
>>46578913
So you're saying Urza had a mulitversal empire? That his existence on a plane need three leylines to cross or the plane would fall apart?
>>
>>46578515
>bolas
>powerful

Fucking Ajani could stand up to him and win. Bolas may be a genius but intelligence =/= power.
>>
>>46578515
i remember there being a comic where tezzeret made a deal to become bolas pawn but did literally nothing he said and continued to kill bolas message imps whenever they showed you pretty much saying bolas wanted tezzeret to do something..

Like common how pathetic is it that you have no control over your own pawns.
>>
File: 1456191206888.jpg (83 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1456191206888.jpg
83 KB, 679x427
>>46568082
Well played.
>>
>>46577403
I dunno, I feel like his obsession with traveling back in time and somehow stopping whatever Mishra became seemed like his seeking atonement.

I may be remembering things wrong, though.
>>
>>46578989
Yes urza not only conquered but destroyed entire planes to destroy Phyrexia
>>
>>46578515
He was defeated by umezawaa
Who is not even planeswalker
>>
>>46578515
>got cucked by a literal who with a sword
>most powerful planeswalker

Bolas is pathetic.
>>
>>46579643
>>46579423
He was defeated because of how stupidly powerful he got. Not sure it counts.
>>
>>46579764
>no guise he was SO powerful that he lost due to his own hubris so it totally doesn't count!

I see that Bolas found a new dragoncuck to replace Sarkhan.
>>
>>46579230
Ajani won because Bolas literally hated himself, and Ajani's power is to make people confront their inner selves.
>>
File: snowflake.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Updated version. Still need a bio...
>>
>>46578989
>a mulitversal empire
You do know your fanfiction isn't canon right?
If you're referring to the consortium I don't think a group of a couple hundred people spread over a half dozen planes counts as an empire.

>That his existence on a plane need three leylines to cross or the plane would fall apart?
But that's not even true. He grew powerful ON Dominaria and the fact he was scared he would destabilize the plane by moving around it speaks volumes on how incapable of controlling his power he was, compared to walkers like Serra who created her own plane, Karn who could shape them, and Urza who could blow them up.

Besides, the most embarrassing thing for Bolas
>killed by a human who outsmarted him

Urza was decapitated in a duel where Yawgmoth sapped him of his planeswalker power and that wasn't even enough to kill him. He had to have powerstones that can blow up a continent ripped out of his severed head and combined into the legacy weapon to actually kill him.

You neowalker kids are delusional.
>>
>>46577923
I'm still mad they killed Ulamog
>He's indestructible, destroys existence itself by simply being in it's presence, consuming everything in his wake without heed.
>lel fireball

Part of what makes an Eldritch abomination great, is that they cannot be destroyed, challenged, or fathomed. By killing them with fire they lost all the power behind them.

Idgaf if a bunch of people hate the Eldrazi, hell, I don't care if we get any more sets with them. I'm very happy with the Eldrazi decks I've gotten to make. I do however hate how they trampled all over Eldrazi story flavor for super friends.
>>
>>46579807
>>46579643
The whole insulting things by saying cuck repeatedly needs to stop. It's just kinda sad and means nothing at this point.
>>
>>46569949

But that was after absorbing like 2 sparks and the rest of a multiplaner weapon into himself though if i recall correctly.
>>
>>46570325
Avacyn looks like an even more caked up sasha grey
>>
>>46569818
>Sorin is on the brink of death after the battle with Emmy
>with his last shred of life and dying wish he remakes avacyn
>as he channels the last of his life to make avacyn, his spark goes along for the ride
>avacyn is remade with a spark
>>
>>46580010
>remade Avacyn is literally female angel Sorin
>>
>>46580003

DON'T SHIT ON MY WAIFU WITH THAT IMPURE HARLOT

But yeah, she sorta does in that picture. However, Avacyn will need to be more than WR before she starts licking toilets for money. Leave that to the mono-black folks.
>>
>>46580081
>gender swapped sorin with wings

i can buy.
>>
>>46580010
>>46580081
>sorin just wants to be a cute angel
I can dig it.
>>
>>46580081

>inb4 wizards makes her a tranny as Sorin's cock transferred along with his spark
>>
>>46580111
>>46580116

>Sorvacyn, the Restored
>>
>>46580093
>DONT SHIT ON MY WAIFU WITH THAT IMPURE HARLOT

I seriously don't know which is which here
>>
>>46569476
No, Ugin was just a dick. Nahiri and Sorin could have done it, but they made the mistake of trusting an Elder Dragon.
>>
>>46579948
This being a cuck for a shitty dragon needs to stop. It's just kinda sad and means nothing at this point.
>>
>>46580081
>>remade Avacyn is literally female angel Sorin
Not gonna lie. I originally thought that's what she was supposed to be when I first saw her, because her original art kinda looked like an angel Sorin.
>>
>>46580160
Can Nahiri even have sex anymore or is her worthless whore pussy just a giant gaping maw?
>>
>>46580149
>it's first ever B/W angel
>+2: Exile target creature return it at the end you your turn
>-2: Exile target creature. You gain 2 life
>-9: Summon X 4/4 angels. X being the highest life points in the game.
>>
>>46580223
There's been numerous B/W Angels.
>>
>>46580198

She was presumably made in the image of what Sorin imagined the child he'd never have would look like, only more angel-y. Or so I'd imagine.
>>
>>46580156

Fair. She did go crazy recently. Avacyn is the pure one. Sasha is the R/B slut with no morals.

>>46580223

>first B/W angel
>what is deathpact angel
>>
>>46580235
>>46580270
>say something wrong by accident
>get called out by 10+ people
>>
>>46580235
>>46580270
>>46580287
She'd be the B/W angel to finally finish the cycle.
>>
>>46580287
You were wrong about the most important thing ever: trivial Magic the Gathering knowledge.
>>
>>46580237
Is that your interpretation? Or is there sauce?
>>
>>46580303
now where's my mono-green angel

>but color pie
fuck you everyone else gets one
>>
>>46580340

That's just my interpretation.

I also assume the darker look is a more recent development, possibly in adjustment to Sorin embracing what he became or her time in the Helvault.
>>
>>46580270
>Deathpact Angel
>1st B/W Angel
>not Selenia

Step it up kouhai
>>
>>46580394
>>46580237
Somehow, the idea that he made her in the image of the child he will never have makes it ridiculously fucking tragic. Somehow.
>>
>>46580303

Unconfirmed, but I read on /tg/ from one of the posters that there used to be a W/B angelflight on Innistrad but it was purged for being too willing to cooperate with demons/vampires etc when it was pragmatic.

>>46580392
Only after I get my mono-white hydra.
>>
>>46568680
I prefer Gay Twats
If you say it fast it sounds exactly the same.
>>
>>46580476

Oh, I wasn't trying to name the first. Just one I assumed he'd recognize.
>>
>>46580495
Also makes his attraction to Nahiri really fucking creepy.
>>
>>46580506
>mono-white hydra.
you've already gotten two mono-white wurms, though
>>
>>46580495

>Sorin has a small imagine sequence as Avacyn is dying behind him of a world where his grandfather never needed to make the pact, and he lived a normal human life with Avacyn as his daughter
>>
>>46579856
a bio is something you'll need to craft yourself. it's the heart of the character.
>>
>>46580636
I swear I just have something in my eye.
>>
>Jace
Why the fuck is the living guild pact running around at all?
I mean if Jace dies now, doesn't Ravnica fall into civil war- and I mean almost instantly?
>>
>>46580617

Still not a hydra. You want a mono-green angel, White's marquee creature, fork over a mono-white hydra.

In all seriousness, flavor-wise, Green is an allied color. There should have been at least one mono-green angel by now, especially considering the number of Black and Red angels, which are technically enemies of White (despite the flavor on W/R and W/B angels being pretty solid.)

Mono-white demon is probably the one off-color marquee creature type that will never happen.
>>
File: no parent.gif (493 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
no parent.gif
493 KB, 500x213
>>46580636
Awwww....duuuuude.....Whyyyyy?

Now it just hurts.

Can you imagine what is going through his head when he first busts through the glass in >>46576581
and first lays eyes on his corrupt angel?
>>
>>46580822
I guess what I meant is I have no real attachment to hydras. They've got interesting design space and since we know wurms and dragons can be white, there's no reason not to have a white hydra as well.
>>
>>46580816
No, the Guildpact magic just reboots and tries a new method instead.
>>
>>46571307
They didn't give 'only a token effort', they gave it their all.
Unfortunately, the problem was that they didn't know at the time what the Eldrazi WERE, and so kept trying to stab spawn and drones when those things weren't even completely physical yet, and had no idea that there was more to them than a nigh-unkillable planehopping horde.
And when they finally WERE told what the Eldrazi were, they were ALSO told they had to be contained by the same being, who played Sorin like a fiddle and thus pressured Nahiri into going with Operation Bind The Fuckers instead of giving any suggestion that they were capable of being killed.
>>
>>46575907
Does he like pithing and/or vivisecting?
>>
>>46581573
They come with the territory so he's participated in them I'm sure. Gotta check your results after all. I also kind of imagined him doing a decent amount of apothecary type things such as mixing and brewing potions.
>>
File: sorin_grimnemesis.jpg (103 KB, 600x928) Image search: [Google]
sorin_grimnemesis.jpg
103 KB, 600x928
>>46577769
>The only new thing is confirmation that Sorin made the Helvault
>Sorin made the Helvault

Wat? Source?
>>
>>46568082
Please don't be respectful of the story. You might care but Wizards clearly does not.
>>
>>46581646
You know who liked pithing, vivisecting, and spreading plagues for no good reason other than to see what would happen, and was good at conning people?
>>
>>46581996
He's dead and never coming back
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.