[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The lich kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: happy kingdom.jpg (100 KB, 1024x488) Image search: [Google]
happy kingdom.jpg
100 KB, 1024x488
So I am playing with the idea of letting my group enter a small kingdom.

The fun thing is that is that the majority of the residents are undead. The good old no-minded will-work-until-bonedust variation.
These undeads do everyting. They tend the fields, clean the streets, butcher the animals, make clothes and so on and on.

The living citizens do nothing. They don't work, need no money or anything. Their main objective is simply to have a great life and have as many children as possible.
Once they die, their soul will go to whatever version of heaven they believe in and their physical remains will stay and become animated to work.

The kingdoms king is a good hearted lich who simply wants to show the brighter side of necromancy.

Now.. you guys are way better at finding loopholes, things that "do not work like that" and stuff like that. So.. Could this work? What could I do to improve the kingdom?
>>
File: 1392464054810.png (16 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
1392464054810.png
16 KB, 309x266
>>46564450
>Undead everywhere
>Corrupting the land
>Slaughtering livestock
>Force innocents into a life of hedonism and debauchery to fuel their necromantic war machine
>Presided over by a sinister lich, hiding under the guise of a benevolent leader

You can't fool me, foul creature of darkness! SMITE AND CLEAVE!
>>
>>46564524
you're right.. The kingdom should have some sort of protection from stray paladins.. Hmm
>>
>>46564570
Cowering from the forces of good only proves that you're evil scum.
>>
>>46564524
It is all HERESY, and COMMUNISM, which is also HERESY.
>>
>>46564594
or that I am protecting the citizens of the perfect utopia.
>>
File: 1393015849324.png (144 KB, 1083x1628) Image search: [Google]
1393015849324.png
144 KB, 1083x1628
You might enjoy pic related OP.
>>
>>46564637
You keep them prisoner to fuel your vile regime, feeding off their life force to further your own ends! Or is it that you've brainwashed them into following your rule? Monster! The world will not suffer your evil any longer!

But in all seriousness, any utopia that involves dead people touching my food/clothes/everything is not one I'd live in.
>>
>>46564450
>Oh look a thread about a lich ruler
>Oh look, benevolent necromancer thread. Again. How original.

My eyes rolled 360 degrees. I understand that you want to use this in your game and if your players dont lurk on /tg/ it might even be creative. But do we NEED a 'good necromancer' thread every two days? Really?
>>
>>46564450
First, What system
Well, Im a rogue, I want to steal your shit. undead, especially nonsentient undead, make poor gaurds.
If I was a holy order, I would see this as an equvilant of a 40k Deamon world, and launch a crusade.
Also, Undead make poor warriors, meaning that all that sweet land is a war and a crafty wizard away from conquest
However, I could see this as a kind of monk retreat, for the most sociopathic and unorthodox monks of course, to train and live away from the world and its needs. For when you have everything, you will want for lack of anything.
(by that I mean that once your needs are filled you seek challenges, and a mons challenge is perfection.)
>>
>>46564717
Fantasy is about extrodanary, and exploring situations that could foster sucessful instances of communism is fantastical.
>>
>>46564714
What prisoners? If they want to leave, they can leave. Nobody is stopping them. The idea of an easy life where everything is given to them and all they have to do is.. I dunno.. Drink, eat and have sex all day might sound appealing to some.

>>46564717
I didn't know that a good lich was kliché. But what else could I use as a mayor/ruler?

>>46564731
Well we are going with a homebrewed rules system but it is more or less based on DnD 3.x
But there's not really anything to steal. If you want anything you just take it. Hungry? Grab some bread and some meat, thirsty? Grab some wine, need clothes? Go to the weavers and ask them to make you some new threads. There is no concept of money or anything.
But I will have to find something that fits the kingdom and can protect it.
>>
>>46564858
Perhaps a draco lich is the real ruler, and was once a metallic silver, who watches over the kingdom. Or go the Jewish route [golems]
>>
>>46564858
>Debauchery, hedonism, and sloth sound really appealing to evil heretics.

You're not helping your case any. That only tells me that the citizens are equally in the wrong and ripe for smiting.

Also, thanks to D&D's alignment bullshit, your civilization is now 100% confirmed super evil no exceptions.
>>
>>46564858
So everything is made of wood, fiber, and stone?
>>
>>46564931
>metallic silver dracolich
Hmm I can use this.
Completely not-related.. How many bones are there in a dracolich?
>>
>>46564858
Not the lich per se but /tg/ has a serious boner for 'Good Necromancer who wants to use the undead as cheap/free source of labor', usually coupled with 'biggot paladin that will try to ruin it' or trying to make the party feel like biggots when their knee jerk reaction to undead things is bad.

And the first time I read about undead working the land and such i thought it was pretty cool. But it was five years ago and was a classic copy past since them. It's a common theme, as common, if not more, as 'redeemed' succubus. And while it is a inversion of the usual trope, the inversion is so common that 'good necromancer' is about as original as 'evil necromancer.'
>>
>>46565085
I honestly think that having an actually evil necromancer is a bigger twist at this point. The good necromancer trope is that fucking common.
>>
>>46564931
A Dracolich-transformer which flies around the place.
Each bone is a different metallic silver draco-demilch. Has a [/spoiler]boner[/spoiler] for bones which it/they revere as their "gold horde"
>>
>>46564450
How did the take-over happen? Why are the citizens OK with this? Why are other powers on the continent OK with it? How many undead minions are required and how many liches and necromancers are required to control them? Why do the liches give a fuck about the peasants?
>>
>>46564636
This is literally nothing like Communism. This is just a benevolent dictatorship in which the former working class has been rendered completely unnecessary and unskilled.
>>
Not complaining about the whole 'good necromancer' thing, could even be enjoyable if done properly.

What concerns me is: do people really want to live in a city where their dead (also rotting) parents do most of the work? I mean, if they do, the hell is wrong with them? I understand their beliefs are very clear about body and soul being separate, but it doesn't mean people should be completely indifferent watching their once loved ones breaking their backs as slaves in the afterlife. Considering they are spending their days eating, drinking and fucking, the whole thing sounds fishy - and evil.
>>
>>46565479
hmm what if the undeads were simply skeletons? You wouldn't be able to tell one skeleton from another.. right?
>>
>>46565569

"I tell you mom, that one was definitely dad! He was missing his left thumb! What if he can hear us? Why can't he just rest in peace?"
"Honey you're pissing me off, shut your mouth and eat this cake the skeleton made for us. You don't want the lich police to find out you did a little garden work this month, do you?"
>>
>>46565013
thousands
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.