[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would /tg/ feel about a setting where the half-breed races
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: catbuck-j-04-half-elf.jpg (276 KB, 1034x1500) Image search: [Google]
catbuck-j-04-half-elf.jpg
276 KB, 1034x1500
How would /tg/ feel about a setting where the half-breed races are hybrids in the biological sense and are thus infertile.

How would society feel about these half-breeds?

It would give them a very compelling reason to go adventuring wouldn't it?
>>
File: Darksun did it first.png (175 KB, 293x450) Image search: [Google]
Darksun did it first.png
175 KB, 293x450
Dark Sun and Mul's anybody?
>>
>>46562878
>How would society feel about these half-breeds?

Evil armies foring the breeding of half-breeds to use then as canon fodder. Just like in my Dark age Changeling game.

>It would give them a very compelling reason to go adventuring wouldn't it?

Don't see it way people with of without a desire to have a family do adventuring as a job.
>>
Depends on the setting, and then depends on the culture.
In my setting, the current city the party is in view half breeds the same way we view mules.
>>
>>46562920
If we are dealing with a pre-industrial setting we can make a few assumptions.

It was very important in pre-industial societies to have a large family as quickly as possible. Medicine was extremely crude and nutrition was poor so people got old faster and you needed children to care for you in your old age.

Also because infant mortality rates in pre-industrial societies are HORRIFIC.

So, no-one is ever going to want to marry a half-breed.

Now we get into the nitty gritty of the culture. Depending on how accepting of sexuality a culture is, Half-Elves might be highly sought-after as courtesans and mistresses After- all they stay gorgeous for a very long time and you don't ever have to worry about bastards ever. Or they might be persecuted for exactly this reason.

Now, Half-Dwarves are a subject that rarely comes up but they must have happened somewhere! I guess it would depend on weather or not half-dwarf women have beards.
>>
>>46563106
>Now we get into the nitty gritty of the culture. Depending on how accepting of sexuality a culture is, Half-Elves might be highly sought-after as courtesans and mistresses After- all they stay gorgeous for a very long time and you don't ever have to worry about bastards ever.

Hasn't this already happened in a D&D campaign setting? until they retconned the shit out of it after realizing the unfortunate Implications and then Half-elves just started popping up out of no where.
>>
>>46562878
Jesus Christ, she doesn't look infertile
>>
>>46562878

I'd test that theory with her through repeated sexual activities ending with me ejaculating inside her vagina, if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>46562878

That sounds like a great idea to me.
>>
>>46562878
The half-breeds would be natural adventurers since they'd try to do something that people would remember them for a very long time since they cannot have kids of their own.
>>
>>46562878
>half-breed races are hybrids in the biological sense and are thus infertile
But that's a norm, so what the fuck are you even asking?
>>
>>46563106

Considering the role of eunuchs, an infertile person could have all the benefits of not exercising their reproductive organs without the threat of producing children outside of wedlock and causing scandal.

You've got a courtesan and eunuch rolled into one.
>>
>>46562878
I remember Shadowbane explicitly stated that its half-elves were infertile. But yeah, in settings where I have to put up with a bunch of half-shits, I just assume that they're nonviable offspring in all cases. I mean, fuck me how many different kinds of elves do we really need that there's fucking room for HALF-elves too?

And I hate half-orcs. Just call them orcs. No, we can't do that, because orcs have to be the People It's Okay to Kill, because they're all mindless monsters. So if people are playing one, it's a half-orc. This just means they included an entire race of rape-babies. Jesus christ.

And I know "halflings" aren't really a half-breed species, but I'm going to say I wish they didn't exist either while I'm on the subject because fuck halfings.
>>
>>46564489
So, just humans and dwarves? Because dwarvves suck pretty hard too
>>
File: 1403909325100.gif (2 MB, 1067x720) Image search: [Google]
1403909325100.gif
2 MB, 1067x720
>>46562878
>How would society feel about these half-breeds?
I think they would be very popular among the courts of both of their parent species and valued advisors and vassals? Why? Quite simple: they're infertile. They will never reproduce, never have heirs and therefore any title they are given will fall back into the hands of the royal family sooner or later.

It's the same reason why priests (though there was always the meddling of the pope) and eunuchs were so valued.
>>
>>46562878

How much sense does it make for the half-breed to be fertile, but the half-breed's offspring are sterile?
>>
>>46564575

Basil II would have some choice words on the perceived loyalty and value of eunuchs.
>>
>>46564380
This. Dynastic monarchs would seek out half breeds to be members of their court. Families would seek to give birth to halfbreeds at times so that they might effectively "sell" their children into positions of authority. In china people were lining up to get themselves castrated just for the chance to live in the forbidden city.

If anything, the role of full blooded courtesans of exotic mixing races would be important to a dynasty so that there could be less question of where the throne would get passed down to among a monarch's inevitably numerous children.
>>
>>46564380
>an infertile person could have all the benefits of not exercising their reproductive organs without the threat of producing children outside of wedlock
Aren't eunuchs still capable of having erections and orgasms even without their testicles?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.