[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Guy hobby ratio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: That+guy_7cc786_5274208.png (336 KB, 489x571) Image search: [Google]
That+guy_7cc786_5274208.png
336 KB, 489x571
Does "That Guy" infect /tg/-related hobbies moreso than any other hobby you can think of? Or does "That Guy" equally infest everything from bowling, to model trains, to fantasy football, to flying a kite?
>>
>>46559393
Yes, but.
Yes, but /tg/s are a much more social hobby than many others (it's true! At least, RPGs.) and therefore That Guy has more bandwidth with which to express his multifarious and vile nature.
>>
File: Woody 8.jpg (134 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Woody 8.jpg
134 KB, 1280x800
>>46559393
You will learn as you go through the world, not only are they everywhere, but That Guys are more or less the majority of people you meet on a daily basis.
>>
>>46559393

Nah.
Those People exist in every hobby, every walk of life, ever field, profession, and class.

People suck, irregardless of lifestyle.
>>
>>46559567
>irregardless
Not a real word.
>>
>>46559393
Dumb image, there's literally no room for that guy to help them. He's just as much a That Guy as the person watching them on the left our the guy taking the picture.
>>
>>46559460
Not really, most people are reasonable with a few quirks. It's just that That Guy always stands out.
>>
>>46559393
If he's that guy for not helping, so is the cameraman and the guy in black - none of them are being helpful.
>>
Ever thought that you faggots have simply blown a clash of personalities into a ill reasoned social construct?
>>
>>46559460
Thought he molested kids
>>
>>46560396
See anon? That Guy even infects /tg/ itself.
>>
>>46560403
He didn't.
>>
>>46559393

No idea, but I think the real problem is that gamers have so much social anxiety that they allow That Guy to flourish. How many threads have we seen where players and DMs sit back and do nothing for months no matter how disgusting or abusive That Guy becomes? At best, they go passive aggressive because they're scared of a confrontation. Then they freak out because why won't this socially awkward leper take a hint?

That's the real problem. The enablers who allow that shit to become normalized.
>>
>>46559393
No, they're everywhere. My other main hobby is climbing and cunts who offer to belay you and then spend their time focusing on the girl next to them's ass while your life is literally in their hands are equally as infuriating.
>>
>>46560309
I'd like somebody to explain how the fuck he's supposed to help in the first place. Do you see any room on that staircase for another person to get involved?

This is like that one group that wants to convince the GM that, sure, 10 people can Aid Another to try to break down this 3x6 door, why wouldn't they be able to?
>>
My wife's friend "Sarah" moved into a new house. Me, my brother in law and the Sarah's dad carried heavy furniture all day long in the middle of a hot summer day. Sarah's boyfriend sat on the couch (after we carried it in) and played with his daughter.
>>
>>46560716

Because the true alpha isn't standing around with his hands in his pockets waiting to be asked to help. He has already jumped in to get it done.
>>
>>46560897
Yeah, and sent everybody crashing down the stairway because, once again, there's no fucking room for anybody else to help in this situation.
>>
>>46560403

He did. He married his (adopted daughter), who he'd cheated on his wife with.

Another daughter accuses him of molesting her when she was a preteen. Other members of the family consider the allegations credible. It's all public record.
>>
>>46559393
Plenty of That Guys in the shooting scene. All those guys who bought an AR or AK because they saw it in a movie and think it'll make them badass. They can't shoot for shit and will probably sell the gun after they ND into their roof.
>>
>>46560716

honestly, the one guy is kind of a douche for snacking while watching, but I mean, like you said, there's nothing he can do, nigga might as well get a snack.

At least the other guy is doing some spotting to help if things get out of hand.
>>
It only makes for good stories on /tg/ because gaming is so social. These people are everywhere, but you can usually get away from them without too much effort. Not so if you're sitting at a table for hours on end with them.
>>
>>46561783
You know who's also been useless in this situation? Whoever took the photo in the first place. No-one is giving him shit for doing a pointless thing.
>>
>>46561874
You know that tables don't magically lock you into position, right? I mean, you can easily just get up and walk away.
>>
>>46561183

Oh fuck off retard.

"other members of the familly" my fucking black arse, Mia Farrow and Dylan Farrow are the only two people to accuse Allen of anything and one of those is a manipulative and jealous bitch and the other is product of abuse by Farrow and not Allen.

You are right though, this is all a matter of public record so you have literally no justifiable reason to repeat this shit that's been proven false so many times before unless you are some kind of ignorant cretin or you have some kind of agenda.

So which is it?

Wait, I don't care.
>>
>>46559787
> www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/irregardless
>>
>>46563284
>Not even reading the page you linked.
Irregardless means the same as regardless, but the negative prefix ir- merely duplicates the suffix -less, and is unnecessary. The word dates back to the 19th century, but is regarded as incorrect in standard English.
>>
>>46563340
>standard English
>>
>>46563284

>Oxford

Heretic! Webster is the ONE TRUE Dictionary!
>>
>>46560403
hollywoods ok with that. polanski, bryan singer, etc
>>
>>46561170

You don't get it beta. A alpha male would be jockeying for position to display his prowess in the feat of strength. He would be pushing others out of the way to grab hold or better yet drag the whole thing upstairs himself. I know this doesn't make sense to you because it is such a foreign concept.
>>
>>46563187

He didn't adopt her. Also they pretty much hated each other at first.

The servants and other children have all come out against the accusations because 1) the time frames didn't match anything reported and 2) Mia was playing constant head games with the children.

It's pretty much why he didn't have to fuck off to Europe like Roman Powlanski.
>>
>>46568161
Whoops replied to the wrong guy. BUT FUCK THAT GUY YOU WERE REPLAYING TO! I GOT YOUR BACK!
>>
>>46559393

I have a wide variety of hobbies (because I'm an unmarried middle class male) and would say that, in my experience at least, /tg/-related hobbies attract more "That Guy"-type people than other hobby communities.

My hypothesis is that it has to do with how /tg/-related stuff is usually rigidly structured by rules and is usually a little competitive, whereas something like painting or writing is much more free-form.

This hypothesis is also based on the presumption that most "That Guy" people are on the Autism spectrum.
>>
>>46563340

Irregardless, it's a useful redundancy.
Just look at how hard I triggered you!
>>
>>46564629
Let's not pretend anyone within ten miles of a /tg/ related board would know the first thing about being an alpha. You're just embarrassing yourself here.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.