[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: 00000000.jpg (4 MB, 2700x6000) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
4 MB, 2700x6000
Greetings and salutations, since i don't seem to see a civ game and haven't run one since last summer i figured that it wouldn't hurt to start one.
Here are the rules for those that are new, unfamiliar or simply have forgotten them:

1)I roll for you, no need to roll for anything, I've found that this makes the game more dynamic as people are left guessing what will happen.
2)As far as research goes I have a tech tree in mind and will give you the next researchable tech when you choose to do something like that
3)You can issue commands for the entire populace or individuals/groups in order to divide your workforce
4)At the start of the game i would like you to also state at what level you would like to start: Emergent/Tribal/Medieval(this may entitle some further data from you tho)

I am ok with any race and any location, even if they are unpopular.

First two votes that match race/location within 10 minutes or first 3 within 5 minutes win the choosing and then get to talk out at what level we start.
>>
>>46558665
Elemental mountain
>>
>>46558665
Demons Subterannean.

Bonus points if we destroy some Dwarf holds.
>>
>>46558743
+1
>>
Giants Mountains
>>
>>46558665
gimme a moment I need to read this shieet
>>
Is it possible for you guys to name up? Makes tracking votes easier.

unless someone uses the names of others/samefags
>>
>>46558767
+1
>>
>>46558779
Rate my name anons.
>>
>>46558665
>>46558779
Okay.

How about we do demons that are subterranean (but within an hours' travel to the daylight.

And then we have a small amount of demons, but a colony of humans who summon the demons and do all that stuff for them, say about 50 humans and 20 demons and 20 of the humans have knowledge on summoning but require assistance etc etc etc.
>>
>>46558767
>>46558779
>>
Ok

>>46558690
is for elementals in the mountain

>>46558805
>>46558767
are for giants in the mountains

>>46558743
>>46558821
are for demons in the subterranean

which means we need a tie breaker.
>>
>>46558821
So, like a Chaos Cult?
>>
>>46558862
Come on Hex, Civ master can be the tiebreaker. What sounds better?
>>
>>46558862
Ill vote for demons underground
>>
>>46558892
dat's a tiebreaker for ya

what level do we start?

also, do you want demons dependant upon humans for summoning or independant ones?
>>
>>46558909
I quite like the idea of the Cult kind of thing, but Humans would need to be more numerous than Demons
>>
>>46558864
>>46558892
>>46558938
yay.

at least ten times more humans, probably.
>>
>>46558909
Id prefer medival, just so there is more stuff to lay waste to
>>
Please vote on the level we start guys, as said in OP they are: Emergent/Tribal/Medieval.
Emergent: This is the begining of the world, the gods have just finished crafting it.
Tribal: Many tribes have formed, tech is nigh non existant
Medieval: Need i explain?
>>
>>46558909
I also vote for medieval cult style
>>
>>46558959
>>46558976
Writing
>>
>>46558967
Emergent. Let the humans worship us as rightful gods.
>>
>>46559028
unfortunately he's already writing. I was hoping to have a really cool and ancient alliance between demons and primitive humans.
>>
yahallo
>>
Hundreds of years have passed since your kind have set foot upon the feeble plain of existence that the mortals call home. The Angels have proven to be an annoyance, but an entertaining one. As time went on, your kind fiddled with the fabric of existence and finally found a way to communicate with the mortals, after many years, you finally managed to convince an entire settlement to go forth and summon thee.

It has been a year since then, what you have learned is that these... humans, as they call themselves are thirsty for power and are willing to do anything for it. Though they co-exist with other races they seem to mostly abuse them. Fun little creatures they are. However they truly lack in the magical department, they could only summon your closest band of allies.

>numbers: 20 demons
>magic: spatial magic, soul siphoning
>tech:advanced math, physics, chemistry, basic bioligy
>servants: 300 humans
>servant magic: summoning, basic elementalism
>tech: Mining, basic architecture, mathematics, chemistry

>>46559028
>>46559068
If you would like i could in parallel post about the emergence of demons and their gain to power.
>>
>>46559081

Actions:
>eplore
>research
>Attempt further summoning
>Seek knowledge of the other races that surround you trough your servants
>>
>>46559096
Eplore, see what there is for us to destroy
>>
>>46559096
>explore
>>
>>46559081
>>46559096
We should serve as luminaries to these primitive, dirty folk, bringing them what gods and clergy have denied. We must instill in them principles of basic hygiene and set the foundation for quelling the most severe ills among them.

>Research: Medicine
>>
>>46559096
Explore
>>
>>46559081
nah, it would too hard and slow for you to do two stories.

just try to do a little bit more backstory in some of your explanations but only if you want to.
>>46559096
explore
>>
>>46559117
>>46559124
>>46559129
>>46559134
>>46559141
Writing
>>
File: Map.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
From what you gather, it seems that the human settlement is set deep in the mountain which they call ol'grumps, apparently this mountain is actually a semi-dormant volcano. The tunnels to the south are all manmade and serve as their mine and exit to the surface. On the other hand the other 3 tunnels are actually natural, it is rumored that in the tunnel that is north-west-most strange creatures emerge from time to time, they seem to mostly mind their business, but their crystaline skin makes them hard to hit with a crossbow or any other ranged weapon.

While most of the demons search, a few set out to teach the humans on how to better take care of themselves. However they are not very receptive and reluctantly accept to wash themselves once a month at most. It seems these creatures aren't very bright.
As all of the demons return to report on their actions to one another, an odd little human approaches, it presents itself as a halfilng and accuses you of going after it's treasure hoard, explaining that it noticed a demon like figure exit it's domicile.

Actions:
>eplore
>research

Reactions:
>be creative
>shoo it away
>turn it into your snack
>Investigate whether there is other demonic presence

>>
>>46559261
Seek knowledge of other races, and as for the "halfling" I suggest aggresive questioning
>>
We should learn about our neighbors and determine whether or not they're threats.

>Investigate whether there is other demonic presence
>>
>>46559261
>>
>>46558665
Calling werewolves as weres is triggering my autism since were is an old word for man.
>>
>>46559261
ACTION: Seek knowledge

Reaction: Investigate other demonic presences

Question: Are we Demons in our own right or are we creations of some Dark God?
>>
>>46559310
I'll get to that in a bit.
>>46559305
I think it just refers to man-x, where x can be wolves, cats, elephants whatever.

>>46559280
>>46559294
>>46559296
writing
>>
>>46559261
WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE CARNIVORE MEELS IN THIS UNIVERSE WHAT THE FUCK!

Action
>research

Reactions
>investigate
>>
The halfling seems to actually be of a different race, the gods that cast you down for being inferior sure are dumb enough to make redundant race traits, THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY SMALLER HUMANS. Seeing that your knowledge is lacking, you inquire your servants of the various races that they know about.
What they tell you is intriguing to say the least:
>dwarfs are numerous and industrious, but highly xenophobic, thus keeping to themselves in their land to the north of the human empire
>elves are rare nomadic creatures with a mana link to the soul stone of a deceased god, which they killed themselves to attain immortality
>halflings are cockroaches that are a part of pretty much any race
>the cristaline creatures which we encountered are called crystalids and jst keep to themselves, as long as they are not bothered
>there is a pleague known as mycenea, shroom-like creatures that spread far and wide and kill anything organic for food, their numbers countless
>there is a necropolis about 400 kilimeters to the east set atop a mountain, but the lich uses the undead as workers to create his perfect resting place to indulge in magic study

As for the halfling itself, it leads you to it's domicile and as you investigate you find the nigh unmistakable evidence of a faceless, you know these creatures, they are vile and infiltrate societies in search of pure chaos.

Actions:
>explore
>research
>Seek knowledge of the other races that live amongst you

reactions:
>be creative
>tell the halfling of your find
>lie to the halfling
>keep quiet

Remember you can suggest other actions
>>
we own the human/humanoid population here?
>>
>>46559430
Id like to do some exploration and find out more about the elves, this mana link of theirs could be a great boon to us
As for the halfling consume him and his soul, he is of no further use to us
>>
>>46559473
Yes they are our servants, they seem loyal enough
>>
Actions:
>explore

>Lie
we demon lie
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>46559430
try and have the halfling and a smaller demon copulate together under a satanic ritual. See what happens.

Reactions
>feed the halfling and pretend to be nice before fucking it.
>>
>>46559310
To answer your question, in this setting demons were formed in the beginning times just like the gods, but were not as powerful as them and so the gods cast them down from the celestial plane, unlike angels which from the start were sworn to their servitude.

As time went on they formed the infernal plane, their home and plotted against the gods, soon after the first eras, they saw that mortals, the creations of the gods, carried a bit of the celestial's power within their souls, after some time and fiddling a method was found to extract said power, for the demons' own use. Which of course resulted in their banishing from the mortal plane.

Sorry for small amount of info, am yet to figure it out perfectly

>>46559474
Yes, the humans are fanatical for obtaining power and have pledged themselves to you.
However this only counts for the humans, the rest of the populace in this town is indifferent to you and your existence, since the gods attempted to have you forgotten and thus made no rules for you.
>>
>>46559502
>>46559508
i'll combine these two, writting since i see no one else voting
>>
File: Muzz benis.png (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Muzz benis.png
9 KB, 500x500
>tfw your dick joke is taken up by other people and expanded upon
>>
File: Map.jpg (58 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
58 KB, 1000x1000
Some demons, losing interest in the halfling since it's only an attack from a faceless, set out to further explore the cave system that you call home.
The crystalid tunnel, they find, to be blocked off with huge crystals, which shift to always face whoever is looking at them, creating or loosing sides depending on how many people are looking at them.

Though most quickly lost interest, two demons remained and spoke to the halfling and lied to it, saying that it must have seen something or someone from a different race. Due to their interest however, they also attempt to flirt with it, the first demon gets shot down immediately though, since, as the halfling put it:
>I would not like to be close to someone with so many spikes, i don't want to be skewered!
The second demon though, was more successful, after a long talk, the halfling reveals that there is 40 halflings in this underground city and that the demon is always welcome to come over and talk again.
naming this demon due to success in diplomacy, this is your dimplomancer from now on
Disappointed, Sasha leaves the halfling, seems she has lost her touch in charming others.

>explore
>research

Halfling related:
You need only send one demon
>seek audience again
>other
>halflings: 40
>population of city: unknown(600+)
>>
>>46559645
there are many more dick like creature in the sea
>>
>>46559661

>>seek audience again

i dont know shit else to do
>>
>>46559661
We need to break into the stone and expand the city. A tunnel should be cut with a chamber at the end, to be expanded further later. The entrance to the tunnel will be far easier to defend than our current residence.

Efforts should be made to improve our knowledge of mining and/or architecture to help facilitate the expansion.
>>
>>46559661
Forgot to add to the explore:

The north-east-most tunnel comes to a stop at a spatious cavern with nothing within it, but a single stone in the shape of a tree. The cavern itself is oval in shape, the walls are smooth, as if carved and there is no residual magic that can be sensed. The cavern itself seems to be made from a black stone that appears as if glass.

>>46559693
The humans have that knowledge, though their architecture is basic, they can still build structures that are several stories high.
>>
>>46559661
I suggest we send a Demon and a Preacher to attempt to set up a cult among the Halfling populace
>>
>>46559645
>>46559664
whoops, meant to post into the evo/civ/builder general
LOL

>>46559661
try to summon more demons

try and reproduce with halflings.
>>
>>46559661
We gotta get our hands on some souls, gettin hungry
Explore north tunnel
Seek another audiance with halflings
>>
>>46559733
Note:souls make us stronger, though they do not influence our existence, unless we go a year or two without em (which is almost the case)

>>46559687
>>46559721
>>46559729
>>46559733
Writing
>>
File: Map.jpg (179 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
179 KB, 2000x2000
Seeing many objectives, the demons split up into parties and set out to do what they are best at.
Those who explore find that the north tunnel is vast and it's end is yet to be found. The humans have also made a lot progress on their mining, creating a huge chamber which they have mined out, easily 5 times the size of the chamber they have made a town in.

Sasha and several humans set out to obtain more followers, from the halfling populace and are met with both open arms and disapproving looks as some halflings trust them and others see them as a danger, maybe this is due to a friction between humans and halflings you do not know of? Or perhaps they do not enjoy the fact that Sasha used her spatial magic to shrink herself to their size and see it as an insult. After much negotiations and promises some halflings leave while others simply state they will think about it.

A group of humans is gathered by 6 demons and are told to attempt to summon more of their kind, but this results in 2 of the humans spontaneously combusting and one clawing their eyes out, seems they tapped into the infernal plane directly in stead of contacting several demons and using their presence as a catalyst.... foolish creatures... Seems you'll have to revise their knowledge before you risk any more of their lives, though their souls seem to be usable. During the ensuing chaos, you manage to nab the souls of the two and extract the essence of the gods from them, later sharing it with your brothers and sisters.

Actions:
>explore
>research
>Revise human summoning knowledge and improve it

Halfling related:
>be creative
>further audience
>>
>>46559843
My Disgraced Demonic Brothers!

These Halflings may be useful to us, if we can establish a loyal populace, it would not be difficult to...sieze power

>Revise Summoning

>Attempt to infiltrate Halfling society with our new cultists
>>
>>46559880
seconding. maybe cause some disturbances to the halflings and proceed to help them?
>>
>>46559843
>Revise knowledge
>Have sasha talk to friendly halflings about halfling society and customs, we must learn how they think and act
>>
>>46559880
>>46559896
>>46559902

Writing

I would like to note that once we get full approval of everything in cave system i will offer you guys a time skip, allowing you to set up for a bigger level of play, maybe control several cities or even the human empire. Depends on how well we do..
>>
>>46559915
I'm not entirely on board with that much of a timeskip, going from one cave to an Empire is a big jump
>>
After some discussion, the majority of the demons start revising the human's knowledge of pretty much everything, within a day, their mistakes are smoothed out, the summoning magic they posses is refined to the point where they actually don't need to sacrifice a thing and all of their knowledge has been gained as ours as well.
gotta love crit rolls

As for Sasha, she goes to the halflings for further discussion, seems that their society is split between helping us and staying away from us. After a lot of talking, dancing, drinking and an orgy initiated by the halflings themselves, Sasha manages to get about 16 halflings as our followers.

As the group gathers they discuss whether they should open a portal to the celestial plane and kidnapping one or two angels which will inevitably come to stop us. The knowledge they can gain from them could serve us well, but may make us a target for the celestials.

Actions:
>explore
>research
>Summon
>Summon specific demon(you guys have to pick an aspect of the demon: Mage, Warrior, Corruptor, portal-beast, other will be unlocked further down the line)

I will go cook some lunch and then continue, will take no more than an hour, hour and a half. Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>46560001
Summon a Portal Beast

We need some show of force for our followers and I really wanna know what one is lol
>>
Will check back from time to time, so responses will be a tad bit slower.
>>
File: cursing.gif (804 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
cursing.gif
804 KB, 330x300
I'm back, but it seems i killed the thread with my absence.
>>
>>46560048
>>
>>46560048
>>46560480
Writing then!
>>
File: portal.jpg (105 KB, 1183x675) Image search: [Google]
portal.jpg
105 KB, 1183x675
As the humans review their newfound knowledge, they are eager to use it. After a lot of preparation material gathering and hours upon hours spent uttering enchantments to the very plane of existence, the ritual begins in the chamber with the stone tree, for it is the only chamber that is big enough. Moments draw on into minutes into hours, exhausted the humans cease their attempts, satisfied with a simple portal to the infernal plane. The very chamber you are in takes the guise of your home world, the infernal plane, the tree melts into flesh, the ceiling turns into vapourous clouds of blood and ashe and though you know, this is but an illusion of the portal, this reminds you of home, oh so much.

>Infernal portal: permits travel between infernal plane and mortal plane, permits unlimited summoning of demons, but requires substantial ammount of energy, which can be obtained trough magic and just general heat

Actions:
>explore
>research
>Summon
>Summon specific demon(you guys have to pick an aspect of the demon: Mage, Warrior, Corruptor, portal-beast, other will be unlocked further down the line)
>>
>>46560530
>Research
Demonic Possession
It'll let us get a foothold on the surface, and allow our demons to get around without attracting too much attention.
>>
>>46560530
>>46560556
I concur
>>
>>46560556
>>46560564
Wait, what about channeling that to something productive and a bit of a stretch goal. Instead of outright possession, human followers now get demonic influence. They hear dark whispers in their minds. This increases their productivity, like tips on where to go or where to look when exploring, or when researching. Next tier is full tier possession from those who succumb completely and lose their sanity.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>46560580
sure, if this roll gets above 80 then both steps happen and we don't have to take two turns for it to complete.
>>
Feeling that it is time to start being more productive, the demons begin to research magic with the sole purpose of mind manipulation.
Toying with the different flows of the mind with magic is indeed fun, but also something vastly beyond the capabilities of many an ordinary individual. Thankfully we are anything but ordinary, after a day of experimenting and touching on various aspects of our knowledge, some of us wonder off to take a break, while the others continue. Two days pass before the others return and while research has been fruitful, their aid would have been greatly appreciated. That is when they show us what they are dragging, the faceless. These creatures are masters of manipulation, getting the information out of him would make our research come to a very very fruitful end.

Actions:
>Lock up Faceless
>Give faceless to the humans so they deal with 'im
>Torture the information out of him
>other

>Continue our own research

>>46560595
Need i remind you i roll?
>>
>>46560622
>Other
Practice possession on the Faceless
>>
>>46560658
This faceless with be useful, we should attempt to gather its secrets, perhaps consuming its mind will help?
>>
Well, sort it out, as a CM i aint allowed to give you ideas/tips
>>
>>46560622
suck the fucking soul out of that motherfucking lik buttin.

Faceless have no Face, so they should have no SOULS!

>>46560851
okuy
>>
aand it's 12 am now. see yall tomorrow.
>>
After some debate, everyone comes to the conclusion that letting this thing live will cause our servants much trouble and indirectly to us. Thus in a collective effort, the soul of the faceless is extracted turning it into a husk of it's former self.
Questioning the husk results in us obtaining some useful information on mind manipulation and also allows us to know that there is another faceless within the city.

>magic: spatial magic, soul siphoning, basic mind manipulation, basic illusion
>Infernal portal: permits travel between infernal plane and mortal plane, permits unlimited summoning of demons, but requires substantial ammount of energy, which can be obtained trough magic and just general heat

Actions:
>use husk to do labour (this can be done along another action)
>use husk to draw out the other faceless
>kill husk

>continue research
>explore
>Summon
>>
>>46560946
Till tomorrow mate, it's +2 GMT here so it's just 3 o'clock for me.
>>
Seeing as nobody is actually posting, i guess i will archive the thread and start a new one tomorrow or next week.
>>
>>46561128

I could keep playing if you're interested.
>>
>>46562025
hello
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.