[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your party's sleeping arrangement when you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: 24.png (2 MB, 1453x2146) Image search: [Google]
24.png
2 MB, 1453x2146
Tell me about your party's sleeping arrangement when you're not in town /tg/. Do you just all sleep in bedrolls out in the open or do you have something more comfy?
>>
>>46557899
>Do you just all sleep in bedrolls out in the open

Not "out in the open" but yeah, pretty much. Though usually finding some kind of shelter, such as an abandoned building, is pretty easy. It's a post-apocalypse non-magical campaign.
>>
>>46557899
If someone has Survival skills of some kind, usually some sort of quickie shelter if possible. Even a small cave or alcove or something is preferable, but yeah, beyond that, just bedrolls.
>>
>>46557899
Cuddle puddle
>>
>>46557899
We're just barely rich enough to not be stuck in the common room. So it's basically all in the same bed in the best room in the inn, which sometimes might not even have rats!
>>
We used to have a magical horse cart that is bigger on the inside, including multiple bedrooms, kitchen (with staff), living space and bathhouse.

Man, fuck that dragon...
>>
>>46557899
Usually we just cut open a tauntaun and climb inside to survive the night.
>>
Have magic users dig out a pit with Mold Earth on somewhat high ground to avoid flooding, place logs or small branches over pit to make a roof, use mold earth to replace dirt over the roof

Bam instant bunker where people can't see our fires.

Have the spooky Warlock with crazy eldritch powers keep watch for just about anything since he never sleeps, has Darkvision 120 feet, and can sense living things.

Alternatively, Leomund's Tiny Hut.
>>
File: Roundhouse.jpg (161 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
Roundhouse.jpg
161 KB, 600x423
>>46557899
They'll take the flock in and go back to their wattle and daub straw-thatched round house at night.

I'm hand making a scale 28mm celtic roundhouse out of matchsticks, straw. and a lick of paint.
Toying with the idea of burning the model if they fail to defend it and scattering the ashes in a ring on my wipe-clean playmat so they can actually feel the heartbreak.

Don't worry, I'll make them a new one.
>>
>>46557899
What is this from? Tin Eye had no results.
>>
File: personification-1.jpg (62 KB, 400x514) Image search: [Google]
personification-1.jpg
62 KB, 400x514
>>46558929
>there's no CRPG revolving around prosaic every-day adventuring mechanics
>camp-ground progression
>high-level spellcasters more prized for summoning portable mansions than anything else

Realms of Arkania: Star Trail was a great first step in this direction, too bad no one followed it.
>>
>>46559088
Dungeon Meshi. It's a great, humorous series about dungeon ecosystems, monster-based cuisines on-the-go, and an impressive amount of world-building crammed into one package.
>>
>>46557899
We don't sleep.
Magic.

We also don't need to stop to rest.
Magic.
>>
File: fire.jpg (81 KB, 550x390) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
81 KB, 550x390
>>46559291
excuse me
>>
>>46559340
Weird, traditionally magic (and the replenishment thereof) is the hardest-to-avoid reason to stop and rest.
>>
>>46558929
Doesn't replacing dirt over the roof starve you all of oxygen
>>
>>46559291
May I introduce you to our lord and saviour Dwarf Funtress
>>
File: 1394043563258.jpg (339 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1394043563258.jpg
339 KB, 1024x768
>>46559361
We're all Warforged.
It's amazing.
>>
>>46559291
>Traveling camp as an actual upgradeable entity
I would be intrigued.
>>
We have this neat item called a traveller's backpack. It'll magically unfold into a tent big enough to fit two creatures and has the endure elements effect on them. The creatures can pull up to three gallons of water or tea and enough food for three square meals a day for two medium creatures.

Any items in the pack are neatly attacks l stacked inside the tent in such a way as not to intrude on the occupants and are stored in the backpack when it is returned to its previous shape. Any items too big to reasonably fit into the tent will be stacked in a similar manner just outside and will need to be manually returned to the backpack afterwards.

As a note, the nourishment and refreshments can be pulled from the pouches and pockets while it is a pack and the dishes, cups, jugs, abdominal utensils conjured are dispelled after an hour.

Best 3000gp ever spent on traveling gear.
>>
File: Girls tangled.jpg (124 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Girls tangled.jpg
124 KB, 1600x900
>>46558739
>Cuddle puddle
I shouldn't be laughing so much at this.

We're the same. Spend a few moments setting up some minor wards and fall asleep in a tangle of limbs and blankets.
Anything tries anything we get early warning from our wards and familiars who are typically light sleepers.
>>
>>46560750
>We have this neat item called a traveller's backpack. It'll magically unfold into a tent big enough to fit two creatures and has the endure elements effect on them. The creatures can pull up to three gallons of water or tea and enough food for three square meals a day for two medium creatures.
>Any items in the pack are neatly stacked inside the tent in such a way as not to intrude on the occupants and are stored in the backpack when it is returned to its previous shape. Any items too big to reasonably fit into the tent will be stacked in a similar manner just outside and will need to be manually returned to the backpack afterwards.
>As a note, the nourishment and refreshments can be pulled from the pouches and pockets while it is a pack and the dishes, cups, jugs, abdominal utensils conjured are dispelled after an hour.
>The wearer of the pack also benefits from endure elements, and it behaves as a handy haversack.
>Best 3000gp ever spent on traveling gear.

Corrected my shit. It's 430am and I'm waiting for my manager to show up with the keys.
>>
>>46560766
>>46560750

read before you post
holy shit
>>
File: game_054.png (30 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
game_054.png
30 KB, 640x350
>>46559356
I actually came damn close to trying to make a quickie high-fantasy version of Oregon Trail recently. Couldn't come up with a good name. Someone else do that and I'll give it another go.

I think it has potential.
>>
>>46559291
>>there's no CRPG revolving around prosaic every-day adventuring mechanics
>>camp-ground progression
Dungeon Keeper.
>>
File: senpai.jpg (95 KB, 760x400) Image search: [Google]
senpai.jpg
95 KB, 760x400
>>46560805
All the suggestions so far aren't really what I'm talking about. Dwarf Fortress is a settlement manager, and Dungeon Keeper is the same thing for a dungeon.

I mean a game where you play a typical adventuring party, but a huge part of the gameplay and challenge comes from traveling from place to place (which is true to how it works in the real world, going on foot from Europe to China is a fucking ordeal simply from traveling, forget "enemy encounters").

VD's retrospective of Star Trail kind of digs into this:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2365.0.html
>>
>>46560836
Didn't link to the right part. Here's where he talks about traveling:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2365.msg76914.html#msg76914
>>
>>46559384
Obviously you leave a door to enter and exit. Haven't you ever seen an old bunker for gun emplacements and stuff? Like that but without windows.
>>
I generaly do my four hours of meditation in a tree, until I get rope trick or some other portable habitation. It's all very silly for a Drow
>>
>>46557899
The woodsman sets up primitive tents, or we have the rogue negotiate for pre-packed tents while in town.

Regardless of what happens in terms of bedding, the ranger usually takes first watch, which is three hours long. Then the rogue. Then the fighter. Barbarian gets to sleep through the night because... Well. He needs his beauty rest.

But we reasoned that the GM can't really sneak anything non-magikal on us without us at least getting warning signs, and the watch system tends to build some character relations while we're at it.
>>
>>46557899
The elf druid doesn't sleep so it keeps watch and meditates on a pillow. Everyone else has bed rolls.
>>
>>46557899
Last time I was a player I specifically took the leadership feat to get loyal followers to work at his tavern. He had two follow him around on adventures tending to his horse and equipment, setting up his pavilion tent (with carpets, a cot, two armchairs, and a proper tea service set). Definitely the most pimped-out cleric I ever ran.
>>
>>46559361
Not if you have a cleric and a wand of lesser restoration, also no arcane casters, divine casters get spells from praying and two casts of lesser restoration removes exhaustion.
Bam never need to sleep again.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.