[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yo anon, I just got this booster box from the next magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 920x920.jpg (134 KB, 920x632) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
134 KB, 920x632
>Yo anon, I just got this booster box from the next magic set for cheap!
>I'll sell it to you for 95 bucks plus tax and tip.

based game store owners thread
>>
>exploiting the proletariat
>based
The bourgeois will get their just desserts soon enough
>>
>>46557264
Sure, why not? Used to go to this little game shop in a mall where the owner would let me rummage through his old books and models in the back, then give me 80-90% off the list price on all of it. I miss that store.
>>
>>46557264
>tip
pls. Tips are for pretty young women who debase themselves for me as they serve me shitty food.
>>
File: Armenian Merchant.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Armenian Merchant.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>46557264
>tip
>>
>>46557264
>Ameriblobs have to pay $100 per booster box
>>
>tfw I take shit all the time for not tipping
>tfw I live in California, where servers have a real minimum wage and most are making more than me before tips
Can the tipping meme please die already?
>>
>>46557430
>tips respectfully
>>
>>46557430
Problem is I think Cali is the only state that actually does pay its servers
>>
>>46557264
...wow. I totally know that guy. You're in San Francisco?
>>
>>46558180
There are in fact seven states where tipped minimum wage and normal minimum wage are the same, in addition to the territory of Guam and food workers (but not hotel workers) of New York.

>Alaska
>California
>Minnesota
>Montana
>Nevada
>Oregon
>Washington
>>
File: 1457014317056.png (85 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1457014317056.png
85 KB, 251x251
>>46558180
>>46561689

>Not tipping
>>
>>46561689
The great northwest.
>>
File: Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-06.jpg (138 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-06.jpg
138 KB, 579x570
>tfw Canadian
>tfw $140 a box is the norm
>tfw people buy at that price
>>
File: MrPink.jpg (31 KB, 510x361) Image search: [Google]
MrPink.jpg
31 KB, 510x361
>>46561843
>>
Actually, tipping makes sense for under-the-counter goods (or under-the-counter deals on regular goods). At that point it's basically a bribe for getting the deal. But bribe is ugly word so we call it tipping. That seems to be the case implied in the OP.
>>
>>46557264
Tips are for hotel and food workers, not normal merchants. You don't tip at the grocery store, why the fuck would you at the FLGS? If you want to leave them extra money, buy a product, that way both the game store and the designer and publisher make money, allowing them all to stay in business.
>>
>Buying booster boxes
I seriously unironically hope that you guys don't do this.
>>
>>46557264
>95 bucks plus tax
I don't get it. Is this good? Bad? Expensive?
I have literally no frame of refrence here because I don't play Magic.

>and tip
That's right, America doesn't actually believe you are entitled to a fair wage.
>>
>>46562223
>I have literally no frame of refrence here because I don't play Magic.
the important part is
>from the next magic set
Getting anything ahead of the official release schedule is a big deal in Magic.
>>
>>46557264
Nice try faggot, I don't play Magic.

Reminds me of the dude that owned a gaming store when I was in HS. Dude was awesome as hell, ran his shit into the ground though
>>
>>46561976
If you're getting under the table goods there should be no tax
>>
>>46562391
That is actually a good point. You should be paying tip or tax, but not both.
>>
>>46562441
>He doesn't tip his government and the poor wageslave
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.