[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/Prod uctDetails.asp?ProductCode=HGBB01
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: HGC_Launch_Image.jpg (49 KB, 580x354) Image search: [Google]
HGC_Launch_Image.jpg
49 KB, 580x354
http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HGBB01

Price is like £65, so like 85 dollars

And here is the important bits

>The Battle for Reach 2-player set is an easy way for gamers to start playing large scale ground warfare, and comes with the following components:
>Full colour Halo: Ground Command Rulebook

>Statistic Sheets (UNSC and Covenant)

>Reference Sheet

>20x Custom Dice

>6x Halo Command Dice

>Game Tokens (Damage, Activation and Cooldown)

>Halo Scenery

>UNSC 1,000 Point Battle Force – including

>1x Officer

>1x Medic

>1x Radio Operator

>2x Snipers

>2x Spotters

>2x 2-man HMG Teams

>2x 2-man Missile Teams

>27x Troopers

>2x Warthogs (Gatling, Gauss and Rocket Weapons for each)

>1x Spartan.

>Covenant 1,000 Point Battle Force – including

>1x Elite Ultra

>2x Elite Minor

>3x Elite Majors

>6x Grunts with Fuel Rods,

> 24x Grunt Minors,

>3x Ghosts with Grunt Operator

>2x Hunters.
>>
File: Neat.gif (270 KB, 452x332) Image search: [Google]
Neat.gif
270 KB, 452x332
>>46554243
>>
>>46554279
I'm just wondering when they are going to come out with the scorpion
>>
I'm glad they figured out that fleet battles in halo of all things has possibly the most boring looking units in all of gaming. ground battles, especially at this scale, are an exceptionally good idea.
>>
>>46554243
meh, I'll wait for all the supplements and unit boxes instead of buying a huge package.
>>
>>46556986

Honestly, 15mm seems like the neglected scale for wargames, everyone else hopped on 28mm after warhammer. But With warhammer's bloated size compared to scale, 28mm doesn't suit it anymore. It'd be much better suited to 15mm scale given the quantity of models and size of some larger ones for tabletop play.

That's what I like about this game, at least in the preliminary. They use warhammer-sized forces, but they're using a scale that's much more accommodating to the number of models being put on the board. Honestly, I want this game to be a success because it could set the precedent for solidifying 15mm outside of historical scale and into more popularized usage, as it deserves to be, there's a lot of potential in it.
>>
So yeah, I'm surprised they are only including 3 hogs, and I'm also waiting on the laser hog that was hinted at in the beast of war interview
>>
File: 1399140813938.jpg (10 KB, 250x195) Image search: [Google]
1399140813938.jpg
10 KB, 250x195
>>46554243
>http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HGBB01

My god... it... I.... I NEED IT!
>>
>>46557311
They're only including two, read the description again
>>
>>46559111
Awesome isn't it?
>>
>>46559236
Sorry I didn't realize that they had interchangeable parts
>>
>>46557156
Spoken like someone who never ventured out of GW's comfort zone. 15mm is fucking huge in historical wargaming, which, once you put the number of players together, is far more popular than fantasy or scifi gaming..just far more fragmented as it spans 8k years of history.
>>
>>46554243
Friendly reminder that the company can't provide support for it's existing games, constantly delaying stat updates and new releases. Caveat emptor.
>>
>>46562142
Is it really, I have met like 2 or 3 people that do.
>>
>>46562142
>GW's comfort zone
>hurr durr

GW has had 6mm and 10mm - and other scale - games in its inventory but always returned to 28mm because MODELERS like it. Not investors, modelers. They find it the perfect scale for the conversions and detailed paint schemes necessary to adequately personalise "large" forces.

Not everyone likes vast swathes of identical tiny models where units are distinguished by the small fraction of a drop of colour covering their headgear.
>>
>>46564627
So how is ground command supposed to overcome that?
>>
>>46564627
Actually, they moved to 28mm from 25mm back in 80's to have an almost proprietary scale. Either way, 28mm is a great scale for skimish gaming, and shit for large battles. Fucking 15mm can have the hub-to-hub disease, where you deploy tanks in unfeasibly tight formations, 40k and WFB literally have no space on the table to offer meaningful manouvers- you just move forward, mildly adjusting facing.
>>
>>46554243
Pics of the models where?
>>
>>46565734
https://imgur.com/a/fiqD3
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.