[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sanguine Shields: Melt Away All the Snow Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1456943013720.jpg (116 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456943013720.jpg
116 KB, 1000x1000
Last thread->>46540747
Archive-http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Sanguine%20Shields

This is a thread to fluff up the Sanguine Shields, a chapter created using the Space Marine Creation Table, specifically about making them more compatible with official lore and making this chapter of post apocalyptic Macedonians more...post apocalyptic.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields
>Blood Angel Successors.
>Pure Geneseed, Gene Flaws notwithstanding.
>Founded as a Counter to new Xenos that Hypastistai Maximus the Furious became our figure of legend for driving to extinction.
>We live on a Feral Wasteland, ruling with a Stewardship.
>We like Armored Assaults.
>We are Codex Divergent.
>We have Totemistic Charms in the form of the silver skulls of our fallen brethren and the preserved hearts of our enemies. Keeps the bad luck away.
>Purity of Man.
>A little less than 2000 Marines in the chapter.
>Owned and controlled in secret by the Officio Assassinorum.
>We hate Chaos Space Marines, and they hate us.
>Warcry: Shield to Shield!/Mártyras Mou!

Run down crusaders, with a regiment's worth of warboy neophytes, Macedonian influences, and dark conspiracy behind it all? What's not to love?
>>
So what should we talk about? I think we should get a small, descriptive paragraph on the wiki about the Dune riders. Also, if anyone can help fix the wiki please do
>>
>>46554336
>dune riders
I agree. We should flesh them out more so though. What we have now isn't much
>strategies
>weapons
>loyalty
>view of space marines
>vehicles
>history
>go off world or strictly pdf/recruitment pool
>>
>>46555797
Don't forget religion. That's a real important one I think
>>
Bump for sleep. Please try to keep this up, guys. I really want them finished
>>
>>46556308
>>
Friendly bump before I sleep.
>>
As far as tactics go for the Dune riders, I think they just do hit and run tactics with a fear for anything that involves a a stalemate, polar opposite of the marines. The weapons they use, nig-rigged vehicles and standard Las-guns with some improvised explosives for the adventurous. They show loyalty with fervor much like the marines. They view the marines as the ultimate goal when they are kids and when they reach adulthood, angels of death that bring the emperors Divine judgement to all his foes. I'd say they stay mostly on their home world with the elite children and veterans that follow them on their internal Crusade.
>>
>>46559191
>internal Crusade
Fucking auto-correct meant ETERNAL crusade
>>
>>46559191
I can get behind most of this, yeah
>>
>>46554336
So, who exactly in the Officio pulls the Shields strings?
Is it a Director Primus of one Temple, the Grand Master of the Officio, someone else?
I wouldnt mind keeping this part nebulous, ie. only decide how far up the ranks it is but not who in particular.
>>
>>46561475
I don't know much about the assassins, do they have a grandmaster per temple type?
>>
>>46557969
>>
>>46561475
I'd say it'd be a decision made by a real highranking member, possibly even the Grandmaster of the Assasinorum, but the project and maintaining it is headed by a lesser member, like a Director of a specific temple

But we keep it all nebulous of course
>>
>>46562775
A Director Primus leads each Temple, the Grand Master leads the whole Officio Assassinorum.
>>46564220
So it's known to most if not all the bigwigs in the Officio. And whenever they see a use for the Shields Aleksanders red phone rings, so to speak.
>>
>>46565024
Yeah. Basically, but that's just my idea
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 736x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 736x529
>>46559191
I would see them doing what amounts to naval formations with motorized vehicles. Dunes and wastes might as well be land equivalent of seas, and the various people in MM definitely had some land armada shit going on.
>>
>>46566711
If we're gonna talk mad max, how about land boarding operations? Guys who hop on to other vehicles
>>
>>46568219
Well of course if some one stupid enough attempts to drive near a Dune rider they'll get fucking jumped on
>>
>>46568536
>this pleases me
These guys seem pretty specialized to their environment. Maybe there should be a more universal branch that can be taken off world?
>>
>>46568832
>>
BUNP
>>
>>46574389
What's next
>>
>>46574625
We haven't fully sorted out the dune riders yet
>>
You Arbites, you around? I found a way to make shit collapsible, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to move the writefaggotry back on the Exterminators page. Just wanted a second opinion on if this is a good idea or not
>>
>>46568832
Yea I said earlier they have the best kiddy Dune riders with them to see if they become marines or not and then some highly adaptable veterans who fight till they retire and are given honours when they return to Aleksandria as men who fought with angels
>>
>>46575928
I meant as a stand alone guardforce, one that the imperium could use off world outside of the shields
>>
>>46577801
They could just use the dune riders in similar environments. Plus, I'm sure they can fight without their cars
>>
Okay you guys, AGP is up and I'm watching Tank Police, so its wiki time. Point me in a specific direction and I can give it a shot
>>
>>46580009
Let it be noted that I can only really do this tonight, I cant even really be in the thread tomorrow
>>
>>46580362
Never mind, I'm going to bed
>>
>>46582002
Bump for real this time
>>
>>46582949
>>
No interest left?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.