[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your current girlfriend share your passion for tabletop,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 22
File: 1435116708897.png (164 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1435116708897.png
164 KB, 624x352
Does your current girlfriend share your passion for tabletop, or does she shit on it?
>>
>>46553552
She doesn't care for it, we have different hobbies and while we enjoy some together we're perfectly fine with some time without each other.
>>
>>46553552
That show was excellent.

Your topic isn't.
>>
>>46553552
>current girlfriend
>>
>>46553552

She's not in it, but she doesn't shit on it either. I just go out and play games with my friends without her while she works or something
>>
I dragged her into it, literally kicking and screaming. My sister helped.

She just sat back making snide comments once when she was over and we were playing so we forced her into a game despite her potests she'll catch nerds off of us. Turns out she really liked it.
She's now our Forever DM.
>>
>>46553552
She's not personally interested in it but encourages me to play it as my hobby. So that's nice.
>>
File: 1455261943490.png (29 KB, 183x238) Image search: [Google]
1455261943490.png
29 KB, 183x238
>>46553552
Me and my fiancee are both avid gamers, both tabletop games and video games, though we differ in the games we enjoy. She is big on World of Darkness, anything zombies, the Sims and Final Fantasy. I'm preferential to D&D 5e and GURPS as well as Zelda and Elder Scrolls games.

We met through a fetish roleplay site and now we live together and are engaged.
>>
She absolutely refuses to play miniature games, but loves card games.
>>
>>46553552
My last one was indifferent, but she expressed interest in meeting my dnd group. Whenever she visited, we were always too busy holding hands to go meet them however.
>>
>>46554881
>She's now our Forever DM.
that's cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>46555056
Was it Belariath? tell me it was Belariath.
>>
GF is my DM in Mage and Vampire, she magical realm as a mo-fo but the guys we game with don't think they should say anything about it. I encourage this attitude because I dig it mightily and it makes for sexy times after the game.
>>
>>46553552
>girlfriend
M8...
>>
>>46555455
F-list
>>
>>46555056
Based on her interest I want to be platonic friends with your GF. It's hard to make female friends who game.
>>
>>46555264
She wanted to do it.
>>
>>46553552

I'm 24 and I've only had sex with one girl this thread is stupid OP.
>>
>>46555876
And we have mental hospitals to help people work through those disabilities.
>>
File: 1458441258229.gif (4 MB, 648x265) Image search: [Google]
1458441258229.gif
4 MB, 648x265
>girlfriend
>>
>>46553552
Wife and I both love it. Unfortunately, she won't play with anyone else being a DM because she, on a personal level, dislikes DM-2. So. Forever DM I am.
Don't get me wrong, I love DMing and setting the story they build in the world I made, but fuck man, sometimes I just want to be a fucking Cleric/Illusionist who worships the trickster god and just wants to own a theater troupe that puts on a divine comedy show. Also I'd be named Dante Alighieri.
Also, I could stop making pantheons out of pop boy and girl bands.
>>
File: Milk.jpg (65 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Milk.jpg
65 KB, 250x250
>>46553552
>share your passion

Not exactly ...

The neighbor on the right supports her druggie SO; on the left, the same except gambling addiction. Across the way live Butch and Suzie Blackeyes, so I think the new gf might secretly be pleased that i love building models in my liesure time, but she still rolls her eyes at my enthusiasm.
>>
>>46554881

>She's now our Forever DM.

Do you guys do magical realm shit?
>>
>>46553552

The only thing we share is sexual fluids.
>>
>>46553552
Kinda into, but mostly not.
She's only interested in WoD and only as a vector for playing out her fantasies involving her two OCs who are of course gay for each other. She literally refuses to touch anything else.

On the plus side, I've been able to make a continuous universe out of it that I can bring elements into and always have an audience for. So there's that silver lining.
>>
Nah, she's not into it. The same way I'm not into her makeup YouTube videos. We just have our own things.
>>
>>46554881
It sounds like her case of nerds is terminal. Such tragedy.
>>
>>46555950
You'd be surprised how many fa/tg/uys have SOs.
This hobby forces us to interact with people and build some basic social skills.
And for many of us who don't get 'tism-bucks, we have to be able to hold down a job to afford to support our hobbies.

Some of us even have dedicated circles of friends outside of gaming.
Which isn't that great in my case because that circle doesn't do tabletop and I have no group.
>>
She's more into it then me. A huge World of Darkness fan, I have to come up with dark stories to keep her entertained.
>>
>>46553552
If my girlfriend shit on my tabletop, there would be a stern talking-to taking place.
>>
File: elves.jpg (451 KB, 1200x767) Image search: [Google]
elves.jpg
451 KB, 1200x767
>>46553552
My wife used to try... Back when we were dating, she would play for the first hour or two, then lose interest or fall asleep on the couch, and I would end up playing her character for her.

After a year or so, I let her off the hook. She'll sit in and watch once in a while, but won't play.
>>
>>46555950
>>46557869
>go to FNM
>fat guy with bowl cut, cargo shorts, and a literal fedora walks in
>with a petite qt with shorts so short you can see the bottom of her butt out the legs
It could've been his sister, but they were really touchy-feely. They did look similar genetic-wise.
>>
>>46553552
I'm trying to get her into it, doubt she will
She likes D&D though
I mean who doesn't?
>>
>>46556745
You should move, man
>>
File: EDI.jpg (51 KB, 691x518) Image search: [Google]
EDI.jpg
51 KB, 691x518
>>46553552
She's a little bit socially anxious, so social role playing wasn't really her thing, though she mostly respected my time with it.

More recently tho...
>she's big on computer RPGs, lots of DA:I
>takes a sudden interest in the freedom of choice and whatnot involved
>I run her one shot, despite being a shit GM.
>she doesn't know any better, has a blast running around as a rogue and enacting bad plans for questionable reasons
>I had a great time too
>MFW she's taking new anti-anxiety meds and there's a fair chance she'll join a table one day

Feels good man.
>>
>>46553552
Of course, she's my character
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mxo9paqNC71rxatz3.gif (481 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mxo9paqNC71rxatz3.gif
481 KB, 245x184
>>46554881
I guess traditional games are a little like root beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIVEuK5ATw
>>
>>46553552
She's GM for me one time.
>>
>>46555750
I promise you don't want to platonic friends with anyone from F-list. Either you're fucking or the degeneracy will overwhelm you.
>>
>>46553552
She shares my interest in roleplaying, but not my interest in wargames. She's not derisive of wargames though, it's just a thing she lacks interest in.
>>
File: 1458137635169.jpg (39 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1458137635169.jpg
39 KB, 482x427
>current girlfriend
>>
>>46553552
>girlfriend

If she knew she were my girlfriend, I'd say yes since that's how I met her.
>>
>>46553552
Single, but all my past gf's either shat on it or didn't give a fuck
>>
>>46558500
>If she knew

thats some serial killer shit right there
>>
File: 1456872048476.jpg (180 KB, 532x783) Image search: [Google]
1456872048476.jpg
180 KB, 532x783
>girlfriend
>past, present, or future
>>
File: 1454168352006.png (244 KB, 482x470) Image search: [Google]
1454168352006.png
244 KB, 482x470
>>46553552
>girlfriend
>>
>>46558454
Not really degeneracy me and my fiancee just like playing an elf top and dwarf bottom
>>
I convinced my gf to play with me, even if she had a fight with the DM before over trivial shit, because we needed a minimum of three PCs. She is enjoying the game but now (3 sessions in, not counting the 2 of explanation) she is about to fucking derail the game and I'm regretting everything. I'm now neglecting my criminal law studies to study the religions of Pelor and Elhonna so I can create a counter argument to hers.
>>
>>46559286
>she is about to fucking derail the game and I'm regretting everything
Could you explain how?
>>
>>46559437
We are a party of three: a half-elf druid (me) an half-orc cleric with human stats (her) and a human rogue. This is our first game ever.
We are tasked with delving into a mine to rescue the missing head miner, with a reward of 1000 gold and in the case of the rogue a spared prison sentence.
We discovered that the mine is in fact an old dwarven graveyard, infested with undead.
We were attacked at some point by a group of cultists of a demon lord, whom we defeated and killed.
Their leader was a male drow who, according to a diary found on him, escaped their society, loathes women and the gods and joined this cult for independence from the former and to bring about the destruction of the latter.
She wants to abandon the quest, carry the corpse out of the dungeon, find a way to resurrect him and give him a second chance because he dindu nuffin. She is also willing to undead him temporarily (necromancy is forbidden in this setting and society all but forgot undead are a thing).
She also wants to coerce the town priest to help her.
I am very worried about this because I sense a turn of events I'm not too comfortable with
>>
File: 1409961763536.jpg (44 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1409961763536.jpg
44 KB, 499x499
>Having a girlfriend
>Wanting a girlfriend
Why do that if prostitutes are cheap and plentiful?
>Post yfw this is why feminists want to ban brothels
>>
>>46559630
>because he dindu nuffin
Her reason is kinda pathetic. Try to persuade her to find a better cause for her behaviour, or just to drop the idea of resurrecting a drow,
>>
My girlfriend has been in my gaming group for several years now. I'm usually the forever GM, and so far she's been:
Con Artist Sorcerer (3.5 game that didn't last long, other party members were a halfling murder druid, rabbit folk bard, human Knight, human dusk blade, and Orc barbarian)

In another game, a Loli Cat girl Necromancer, at the ironic suggestion of the other members. Wound up being a healer apprentice style character with several undead pets, and the moral compass. Other players were an Alchemist snake oil salesman, a Battle Maid, a Summoner quiet bookworm, and a dog Sorcerer that shot sonic barks and used a greatsword. The alchemist retired his character to play a monk, the dog retired his character to play a sword and board Ranger, the Summoner retired his character to play a fairy archer.

That campaign ended badly, and we did a sort of reboot in Fantasy Craft, where she was a Whip-using Explorer (I think she later rerolled to a burglar) who was pretty Indiana Jones, and had a Velociraptor mount and a slime girl Lieutenant. Other players were the same sword and board soldier (now actually useful), the same Martial Artist, a fencer nobleman running from an arranged marriage, and an evil cultist.

In our most recent game, she's playing a Courtier (all-social class), and she fights using CHA for unarmed hit and defense, and fixating enemies by posing at them.
>>
>>46559868
She pities him because he was so full of hate and went from one shitty fate (drow society) to a worse one (demon cult and eventually getting killed by us). Also she tried to use Command on him to capture him but he resisted the spell, which was his demise. Her PC is NG and fond of outcasts so it makes sense but I don't like this sudden turn so early in the game. The balance hangs on the third player and obviously DM word.
>>
>>46557845
are you me? same thing here dude
>>
>>46553552
She's playing dark heresy as we speak.
>>
She likes it, but she's too shy and the group I DM for/play with are college 'nerd' students.
>>
File: Anti normie mode.webm (515 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Anti normie mode.webm
515 KB, 960x540
>girlfriend
>>
>>46560876
Sorce?
(can't data on phone)
>>
>>46553552
Why would I cheat on my wife?
>>
>>46553552
She really loves roleplaying and I GMd for her alot, including solo borderline-ERP games.
I'm currently doing everything to ensure she'll be my girlfriend. The progress is slow, but steady. It's very complicated.
>>
>>46559820
would you say you're an empathic person?
>>
My wife plays pretty much anything I'll run and sometimes joins in if I'm the player. She used to be a professional journalist so she is a good writer and knows a good plot. She makes the best characters and shows a lot of interests, but some mechanics are easier than others.

Good at DnD if she's not a primary spellcaster. Great at narrative systems like FATE or FFG SW. Also, hates it of I give her special attention or go easy on her (almos killed a few characters of hers.)

She's the kind of player that when she makes a character she likes she will write pages of back story. I'm the same way but her writing puts mine to shame.
>>
She'll play board games but has an upper ceiling of complexity with Terra Mystica. Unfortunately she's not willing to consider RPGs but, then again, it's hard to find people in the general area who will.
>>
>>46557982
According to my animes, she probably was his sister.
>>
File: 14602081678361876590257.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
14602081678361876590257.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
My wife has won Twilight imperium 3rd edition more times than I have. She would also be very mad if I were to host a session when she would be unavailable.

She also beat me regularly at Neuroshima Hex! but I blame the app. She plays it so much we are on different levels. On battlecon we are matched.

Sadly, I can't get her into deckbuilding games (netrunner, magic, ashes, l5r), nor Summoner wars. My one true failure.

But she does do fun alters every once in a while.
>>
Before we started dating she had never really had much contact with /tg/ except for a few books. Currently I'm coaching/backseating her first playthrough of Dark Souls and sometimes we play around with my old MtG cards(first Mirrodin, Kamigawa, first Ravnica).

She's 17 and she'll go to college next year so I don't think it will go beyond that.
>>
>>46553552
She likes it, but more as a casual. So we'll play some mtg and even talk about stuff like 40k fluff, but there's no chance she would ever sink as much time and money into it the way I do.
>>
>>46561655
>she's 17
>my old mtg cards are mirrodin, kamigawa, and ravnica
Well done. Now put a baby in her and claim her for the /TG gods
>>
>>46561726
>put a baby in her
>before college
Anon, pls.
>>
>>46553552
Neither. She used to play. I met her because she played. Her brother got her into it. We got married and had kids and that's when her playing stopped (mostly due to the time we play... group is established professionals so late nights are the hours we have available). She still supports my playing, though, just as much as I support her interests... and when her sewing machine costs as much as a new car, I never even hear a word about money spent on new books. Oddly, now that I have magnitudes more disposable income than when I was a struggling college student when I met her, I've become far more discerning and I buy far fewer books. Now that I think of it, my hobby expenses pale in comparison to hers...
>>
I met my wife through a boardgaming get-together, introduced her to Battletech and we found out she's a pretty spectacular tactician. She loved the hell out of the DnD and Champions campaigns we played, but kinda faded out of the gaming when the group switched over to Dark Heresy as she couldn't get enthused about the 40K setting. She pretty much plays vidya with the wives of the other members of the group during our game nights.

Or she crushes us whenever too many players are absent and we break out a flavor of Risk rather than run the usual game.
>>
>>46555894
I'm 28 and kissless virgin.
>>
She likes medieval fantasy and sci-fi a lot, but the concept of roleplaying kinda scares her because of her anxiety. I keep dragging her to my games, mostly because I'm the DM and she likes to hear me telling stories, but all she does is sit in her corner drawing some of the characters in the table.
>>
>>46558352
>anxiety meds

Good luck, the girl i have been talking to is having a rough time getting off of hers cause the side effects were worse than the anxiety.

Also the girl i am talking to said she has always wanted to go to a reniassance fair, and we all know that is the gateway interest into TTRPG's and other /tg/ shit. But i have kind of stopped doing /tg/ stuff irl because of college getting in the way. Hard to get a group together when no one has time, or the people that do are autistic "that guy"s
>>
File: 1457999968798.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1457999968798.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>46553552

With gf for 5 years. We first started hanging out when she got in on a Call of Cthulhu campaign I was running. Both still into the hobby. She likes most of the kind of games I like, maybe not more crunchy games so much but we have been playing D&D with friends for a few years now so she has now at least got a good handle on her stats and how to use them.

Feels good man.
>>
>>46553552
We actually met at a board game night, and while she's not quite as into it as I am, she's still pretty into it. We've also started roleplaying together, which has been a lot of fun.
>>
She's in my D&D campaign, she has a lot of fun with it, and even when it's not stuff she's into she likes hearing me talk about it
>>
She's into the hobby, but even though she's a great GM she refuses to do it. Makes her anxious. As the forever GM of our group, it makes me a bit bitter....but I love her, so I suffer in silence.
>>
She thinks i should "grow up and get away from such childish things". But i kinda blame her mom for that. Being raise by a hardcore commie bitch that thinks any book/film etc that isn't based on some ultra-realistic sob story is garbage does some crazy things to a person.

I'm slowly but surely introducing my wife to tabletop games. So far the only ones i've gotten her to play and like is Fluxx and Who Killed Dr Lucky.
>>
>>46561726
Real talk, bro? She wants to

We've been talking about our relationship and its future, even more after watching that one episode of Bojack Horseman, and she claims to want nothing more that to graduate highschool, move in with me, be the housewife and after a couple of years start popping out kids.

I'm not gonna lie, the idea kinda appeals to me and I've had to objections to having a jailbait girlfriend, but making it permanent feels wrong to me. She's still in the honeymoon phase, in year she'll be thinking clearly, I hope.
>>
>>46561926
sorry for the dodgy spellin, im a bit hungover
>>
>>46561926
I never understood the appeal of having kids
>>
>>46561994
Free players that you can try to mold into NOT-that-guys
>>
>>46561994
Me neither, but I grew up in pretty bad family conditions. I would imagine that when somebody has decent upbringing it plants in the the urge to pass it on, to have family of their own.
There's also people starting family "accidentally" and then just accepting that for a fact and rolling with it, but that doesn't work nearly as well.
>>
File: 1302312039772.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1302312039772.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>46561003

>Why would I cheat on my waifu?

fixed
>>
She doesn't "get it" at all... which is odd because she's in to "roleplaying" elsewhere.
>>
>>46562082
But our roleplays dont bring her to orgasm, anon.
>>
>>46555264
I like being Forever DM.
>>
File: youotterknow.jpg (85 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
youotterknow.jpg
85 KB, 500x477
>>46553552
Here's your >tfw no gf
>>
SHAKE IT BAKE IT BOOTY QUAKE IT
>>
>>46562041
>Having kids so you can play with them

Please don't do this
>>
I'm 28, 180 cm tall, and I have an average face and /fit/. But I'm kissless virgin.
I don't understand why or how.
>>
>>46562286
I'd imagine there's something you're not telling us.
>>
>>46562286
You're overestimating the /fit/ part since you didn't mention your weight or how much you squat.
Maybe it's because you don't go out, don't look approachable, dress like shit, don't take the initiate, have insane standards for other people.
>>
>>46553552
My wife loves my painting and conversions, hates 40k in every other way though
>>
>>46562227
Anon, what else are you going to do with a kid? Try to mold them into someone who isn't like you in anyway at all?
>>
>>46555056
Met my wife on a fetish site
>>
>>46562343
Tell your wife she has better taste in tabletop gaming than you do.
>>
>>46562286
I had the same problem a few years ago. Then I found out I was gay
>>
>>46562356
In the hypothetical scenario of me having a kid, I would probably try to minmax the kid.
>>
>>46562397
Well, yeah, I'd try to make them a better version, but that's still making them a version of myself.
>>
>>46562372
Are we talking the awkward socially maladjusted kind of gay like OP is?
Or the homosexual sodomite kind of gay like OP is?
>>
>>46553552
She encourages it because it makes me happy, but described it as boring shit.
>>
File: noose time.jpg (35 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
noose time.jpg
35 KB, 704x396
>>46553552
>girlfriend
>>
>>46562424
They would already be version of yourself on genetic level. Isn't that enough?
>>
>>46562469
If they're already another version of myself on a genetic, why stop there?
>>
>>46553552
I came in here for the webm version and OP didn't have it.
>>
>>46562487
>>46562424
What the fuck? How do I keep forgetting to type words in my posts?
>>
>>46562487
Well, I can't speak for you, but in my case I can see myself being... less than optimal in certain areas. And as such not an example worth following in its whole. There's parts where I would use my own example as the one worth sculpting the child towards but... it's far from being the whole thing.
>>
>>46562425
Why not both ;)
>>
>>46553552
In theory she shares it but she disliked both the groups I tried to invite her to. I'm in the process of building a new one but half my favorite regulars are out of town/state/country for college until May.
>>
>>46562552
>Well, I can't speak for you, but in my case I can see myself being... less than optimal in certain areas
And you know what? So am I. We're not point buy characters, we had to roll for stats. We also had the shit luck of being born into a system with some ivory tower design going on and ended up making some mistakes because we didn't know better at the time.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm mostly happy with myself, and if I hadn't make some certain mistakes I'd be completely happy with myself. So as I see it, if my offspring to be like me but not to make those certain mistakes like I did, they'll all be completely happy with themselves. And isn't that the point of it all?
>>
>>46553552

She's our GM.
>>
>>46562680
You're just determined to get banned, aren't you, you miserable pile of micropenises?
>>
File: smith.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
smith.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>46553552

>current girlfriend
>girlfriend
>friend
>>
>>46562717
>as I see it, if my offspring to be like me but not to make those certain mistakes like I did, they'll all be completely happy with themselves. And isn't that the point of it all?
I agree that this will be aiming efforts in the right direction, but it doesn't quite cover the extent of "minmax the kid" I would be aiming for myself.
>>
>>46562876
Would that extent be 'get the kid's genetic code optimized'?
>>
>>46561655
>>46561926
Why are you normies so fucking retarded?
Do you know how many of us would kill for what you have?
Fucking shut up and do it
>>
>>46562892
Wow, I actually didn't think of that, but should the gene modification become a real (affordable) possibility, yes, it certainly would. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
My significant other tolerates and supports my gaming hobby, but does not indulge. They prefer to the time I spend playing tabletop games for writing and playing games on their DS.
>>
>>46562966
>They
>their
You can just say you're dating a guy. No one will be mad at you for being gay.
>>
She plays D&D with me, but I don't think she is capable of playing a class which isn't a healer.

She's much better at magic than roleplaying, because her imagination isn't the greatest.
>>
>>46562286
Your personality is probably unattractive in some fashion. Quiet and "aloof" (often comes across as awkward to others), yet still unwittingly broadcasting a general sense of desperation is a common set of traits for the kind of people that go on this site (and this board, especially). Of course, we can't actually know at all without observing your particular brand of autism in person.
>>
>>46562933
Good to have you here, /r9k/
I know it's a foreign concept to you but I care about this girl, I wanna make her happy, I want what's best for her. I don't think she'll be too happy dealing with a baby at 19, I believe she'll be better off at college with me as a fond memory. She claims to know what she wants, but who knows what they want from life at that age?

>>46562048
For her it's the opposite. Her parents are dickbags and she's an only child. She met my friends, she met my folks, she met my siblings, she even met my boss by accident. She wants to be a part of that.
>>
>>46553552
He'll play wargames, but draws the line at roleplaying.
>>
>>46561926
Don't rush into it. It'd be really easy for her to realize that she wants more out of life after the fact, and that would lead to resentment and feeling trapped.
>>
>>46553552
>current girlfriend
My ex tolerated it, _he played a few sessions but took it really personally when my character didn't trust anyone.
>>
>>46563999
>I know it's a foreign concept to you but I care about this girl, I wanna make her happy, I want what's best for her. I don't think she'll be too happy dealing with a baby at 19, I believe she'll be better off at college with me as a fond memory. She claims to know what she wants, but who knows what they want from life at that age?

You're a good guy. My suggestion? Try to keep in contact. If there's a way she can go to college and still maintain this relationship, then why not? She needn't even go to college, she could take up a trade or something.
>>
>>46564724
Not OP but this ain't the 50's where you can take up a trade and not get a degree and be a productive member of society.
>>
>>46556798
>not erping with your gf

That's literally how I got my past few gfs
>>
>>46553552
>be Fa/tg/uy
>hang out on a erp chat room site.
>meet girl into traditional games.
>she is a DM for system you don't play
>don't want to be DM's boyfriend and you already have a game so you don't join in.
>Find out her game game is a mix of a first level meatgrinder and the parts of her magical realm you don't like on a system you don't play.
>Your DM goes to college and your campaign finishes early.
>Now you need a game.

What do you do tg?
>>
>>46565596
I have no clue what you just said, but if she's hot and not crazy you should dick her.
>>
>>46565643
I second this
>>
>>46565643
I third this
>>
>>46564461
Yes, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. So what do you suggest? To relax and enjoy what we have now, and deal with the future in a year?

>>46564724
If she goes to college she'd have to move away, long-distance relationships are fucking stupid so we would break up for that.

>she could take up a trade or something
I hadn't thought of that, it could be a good compromise if a year from now she's still serious about the housewife thing. Any suggestions?
>>
>>46553552
She shares it, but not the same way as me. She prefers one shot adventures and varying chars regularily, while I enjoy long term adventures and worlds that move beyond my group's actions.
>>
>>46564461
I'll second this. She sounds a lot like how my current gf was at that age. She ended up marrying her high school boyfriend and spent 15 years trapped in an awful, loveless marriage because she didn't have the life experience to realize just how much it wasn't working. If they'd had kids she'd probably still be back in JoCi, miserable and borderline suicidal.
>>46561926
>>46566145
You have good instincts, anon. Don't baby her because she'll likely just push back and be even more dead-set on doing all this, but try to talk her out of committing to anything. If you're both happy there's no reason to not enjoy what you have right now, but try not to give her any false expectations.
>>
>>46566475
>how my current gf was at that age [19].
>15 years trapped in an [...] marriage
Jesus, how old are you people?
>>
>>46566720
Not that anon but I got married in 2002

Stop being so young, faggot.
>>
>>46566720
Another Anon here, late 20's. /tg/ is board with one of the oldest (if not the oldest) demographics of 4chan.
>>
>>46566720
I'm only in my mid 20s, but she's 39
>>
>>46566843
Why in the World would you date someone 1,5x older than you?
>>
I got her into simpler board and card games like munchkin and catan but that's about it. She'll try most of the board games we get though. Dnd was too much nerd for her although she hasn't actually played it or seen much beyond our first couple of sessions.
>>
>>46566893
My first time was with girl 1.5 times my age and it was awesome.
>>
>current girlfriend

Well, if I hadn't been an absurdly awful boyfriend... I started teaching my ex how to play magic and she apparently really enjoyed it (it would have been nice if she had told me that, instead of seeming kind of meh about it), and I had plans to get her into ttrpgs...by means of having an entire campaign lined up to play for as long as she was interested. It fits her personality, because she writes fantasy as a hobby and is generally interested in this kind of stuff. Also likes complicated board games.

Unfortunately, I was an awful boyfriend and as a result I am no longer an awful boyfriend because I am no longer a boyfriend.
>>
>>46566961
I would not want to lose my virginity to a 31 year old woman.
I don't think there's any way I couldn't disappoint, or think of how many dicks she's taken (as /r9k/ as that sounds)
>>
>>46566893
Why would you not?
>Super mature
>Great communicator
>Comfortable with who she is
>Already know she's going to age well
>Don't have to worry about her changing her mind about not wanting kids
>Alright fine, I also have a raging MILFdom fetish
>>
>>46567044
Don't beat yourself over it, you can still be awful single person.
>>
>>46567162
>super mature
Because I'd be a child to her?
Unlike you, I don't have a fetish for old women, or saggy breasts/cellulite.
>>
>>46567085
>>46567222
Just wait anon

Before you know it you'll be 22 and your life will be over.
>>
>>46567085
Ironically woman in early 30's might have taken fewer dicks than girl you age.
>>
>>46567182
Eh. Being awful generally requires leaving my flat. I'll pass.
Besides, I'm apparently only really an awful person to people I'm in a relationship with.
>>
>>46567294
Why couldn't you have said things will get better with time?
I'd very much like to get a crush on someone. I wouldn't do shit about it, but it'd be nice to try it out.
>>46567304
Assuming I'd be attracted to them, that still seems super odd. Something about the balance of the relationship being shifted in her favour, as a result of her being actually experienced?
>>
>>46567410
I was just giving shit to the young posters who think 29 is old.

Girls in their 30s are just all-around better. Better at sex, better at shaving, better at conversation. I'm always a little disappointed when I land a 20-something instead of a thirty-something.
>>
>>46553552
She loves it, i even let her roll the dice when the left one is tired
>>
>>46567555
I do think someone 8 years older than me is old.
>>
>>46567410
>Something about the balance of the relationship being shifted in her favour, as a result of her being actually experienced?
Well, yes, but relationship should be cooperation rather than competition, so that's okay.

I'm no relationship expert but I have my share of experience and for me relationships with age gap (in either direction) worked better than relationships around the same age.

I have sort of a theory how to explain this - couple of different age and at different points in life sets up better precedent for accepting differences in personal views. Being same age subconsciously expects agreement in those so inevitable disagreements are taken worse.
>>
>>46567685
I know. As you get older, the upper limit of what you consider "about your age" will increase.
>>
>>46567222
I'm not going to pretend those moments never happen, but they're a lot rarer than you'd think.
>>
>>46567730
I still find it hilarious pretty much everyone in my "grade" at uni is older than me.
>>46567721
You know, that sounds plausible. The older/more experienced partner can "push" the other / is more accomodating to the other than if both were equally experienced.
Like, you need someone to be a bit dominant, a bit open, otherwise your sex life would stagnate, you know?
>>
not personally, but i know i have benefited from wives that hate it. there is a used book shop i go to and i know that when a huge collection comes in it is somebody's wife tell them to get rid of that shit, because it is cross years and games, and man feel sympathy pains but the price that shit cheap.
>>
She doesn't care. She does her thing, I do mine. Then we do ours. Honestly it would irritate me if she was into everything I was into.
>>
>>46553552
My current girlfriend is really into tabletop actually. Why would I date someone who doesnt share my interests?
>>
>>46559820
Why the fuck would you pay money to touch some awful 3d slut when you have two hands to shitpost with?
>>
>>46553552
>implying I have a gf
>>
>>46568263

Congratulations, you're like the 19th person in this thread to reply with that line.
>>
>>46557952

>That fat elf

I get the feeling that he would be a good friend.
>>
>>46553552
My husband and I started dating after finding out we were both into tabletop. Now married for almost two years, and we play every weekend.
>>
>>46553552
She's my most regular player.
>>
>>46553552
She likes tabletops, and she's shit at it. She exclusively plays 3.5. I've tried to get her to play Shadowrun, Exalted, Ryuutama, Delta Green, or even Pathfinder. She just won't play anything else.

Send help pls.
>>
She occasionally likes to build and paint some models, but she's not into the gaming aspect. She does play vidya gaem with me, Borderlands 2/tps mostly
>>
>>46553552
>Finish painting a Venom for my DE
>Show the wife
>Her: it doesn't look any different
>Me: its been highlighted along every pannel with 3 layers and a glaze, plus the details, and ive glued on the canopy and the gunner at the back
>Her: are you sure?
Love her dearly, but she will never be into traditional games.
>>
We started playing tabletops together. I thought she wouldn't be interested, but when I didn't invite her she got offended. Now she's one of my best players, even if she's not the biggest driving force. We're getting married in 4 months.
>>
>>46559820
>£100/hour
>"cheap"
>>
>>46570158
>being poor
Must be hard
>>
>>46570613
Well, yeah. It's kind of known for it.
>>
File: 1447115675528.png (116 KB, 545x592) Image search: [Google]
1447115675528.png
116 KB, 545x592
>>46570158
>£
>>
>>46570736
>move nations! That'll be cheaper!
I might actually do it, too.
>>
File: veil.jpg (55 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
veil.jpg
55 KB, 500x750
>>46553552

I was dating a girl last year who actively pressured me to stop playing D&D with some friends on Sunday afternoons so we could spend more time together, with plenty of language about how nerdy and lame it was. I eventually caved, in large part because I felt for her just staying back in her room alone while I had fun without her.

Shouldn't have. That whole process was the start of a long pattern of manipulation and emotional abuse. She was jealous that I could enjoy something without her and wanted to isolate me from my friends. I still have nightmares about some of the things she did to me later in the relationship.
>>
>>46570970
As long as it wasn't genital mutilation, it couldn't have been that bad
>>
>>46571157
Good one.
>>
>>46570755
Honestly, just taking a plane to random city in Eastern Europe doing your thing there and taking plane back could be cheaper.
>>
>>46571310
I'd be more worried about getting mugged by trap prostitutes than anything else.

Which is ironic, given my alternate destination.
>>
>>46553552
No gf, but the only girl i've ever kissed and was best friends with for like 2 years had a crush on me despite me being a giant fucking nerd
no idea how she saw something in me, still feel bad for not being able to return any romantic feelings for her
>>
File: 141322301212.jpg (145 KB, 659x925) Image search: [Google]
141322301212.jpg
145 KB, 659x925
>>46553552
Neither; she's cautiously open to trying it.

Mmmm, the thrill of deflowering...
>>
>>46553552
>Does your current girlfriend share your passion for tabletop, or does she shit on it?
Just broke up with a girl who wasn't a tabletop gamer, but was into all sorts other geeky stuff.

She's a tax attorney in real life so I guess I get not being into playing a tax attorney for fun.
>>
>>46571346
Don't pick them randomly on streets, go for girls in establishment (usually called "night club") and you will be safe. Always have rubber and always avoid gypsies.
If ladyboys are what you're actually after, I don't really have much of an advice - but if you look decent and go into random gay establishment, you might be able to score some for couple drinks. Again appropriate protection highly advised.
>>
>>46555894
I'm 25 and spent last night banging a dancer chick. Stepped on a bobby pin this morning, life is still good though.
>>
>>46565465
Eh. By what measure are we determining productive member of society? Because you could have a PhD and be pretty useless whereas a buddy of mine went to trade school for solar panel maintenance and makes a shit load more than the guy with a criminal justice degree.
>>
>>46566145
As for trades, maybe try asking around Reddit? I know this might sound like shit but something like /r/capentry or /r/electricians or something, I don't know. You need to speak with people who actually work in the fields.
>>
Tried her hand at mini painting, but didn't really have the patience.
Plays boardgames a lot, but prefers co-ops or multiplayer games, isn't big on 1v1.
Has played D&D in the past, but isn't in a group or actively seeking one or anything.
>>
>>46561926
>>46563999
>that one episode of Bojack Horseman
which one?
>She's still in the honeymoon phase
meaning what exactly?
>I wanna make her happy, I want what's best for her
sounds like she's having the best time of her life, why complicate things?
>She met my friends, she met my folks, she met my siblings, she even met my boss by accident
explain

also how hot is she? how far have you gotten, sexually speaking, with her?
>>
>>46553552
Not for tabletop specifically, but we share about 75% of our other nerd hobbies.

I'm working on her though. She's played in a few games I've run over the past year or so (two of them unfortunately died because of players having to drop out, but this third one seems to be going strong) and is honestly already one of the best roleplayers in our group, so I guess I'm close enough to "living the dream".
>>
My exes never really thought much of it, at most seeing my Warhammer models as "those tiny things he paints", though my new girlfriend is very interested and wants to paint up her own army alongside me. Feels good my dudes.
>>
>>46553552
Shits on RPGs but Boardgames she's totally on board with. This said she's hyped for Mice and Mystics... so maybe RPGs could become a go.
>>
>>46570018
Congratulations.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>46553552
>girlfriend
>>
>>46579918
>>46562825
>>46562446
>>46562150
>>46560876
>>46558608
>>46558601
>>46558479
>>46555950
fuckin losers lmao

Hit me up at the gym brah. Set up some macros, start you off easy with one plate deadlifts. Clean you up easy into a 8/10 no homo.
>>
>>46553552
My wife and I are currently playing in the same game, my half orc melee ranger watching her half elf sorcerer's back.
>>
>>46558417
Underrated post, this is beautiful
>>
My gf is nerdier than me, other than 40k fanboying and casually enjoying lotr and such, I dont really have any geeky or /tg/ hobbies. She plays vidya and tries getting me into minecraft and fallout, and recently picked up a Get Started 40k kit and even bought some fw models on her own initiative.
>>
Married my gf after gaming with her for 5 years. 8 years married now. She and I have elaborate, years-long, one-on-one RPs together that are awesome excuses to have sex as tons of different people.
I love her.
>>
our rp group are pretty foulmouthed and open to sex. How do they explain to them that I don't have sex with my virgin girlfriend? The seem to think I'm banging her.
>>
>>46568432
I haven't met anyone with muttonchops that finely groomed that wasn't.
>>
>>46567730
Half age plus 7, works for both sexes.

If it's within that restriction, it's kosher.
>>
bimp
>>
>>46557845

She is but she'sbad at it, terrible even but we're working on it.

She's also very much into youtube makeup videos and her channel.
>>
>>46580339

/fit/, fancy meeting you here. You're not our normal crossposter, but we're glad to have you.
>>
Some of you will remember me. Thos is how the story continues

>join an online group
>everyone's chill
>there is this girl
>we immediately get along great
>great chemistry, we have a lot of fun together
>we confess mutual interest
>there is a comic con near her town
>decide to go together, meet eachotger IRL for the first time
> we have a great time, always together, she laughs and i feel happy
>con is almost over and my time here too
> we go everywhere together, our feelings are mutual, she never lets go of my hand all the time
>we spend the night together
>today, i saw her get on her train home
>the thought i won't get to see her in person for a long time is terrible
>this time tomorrow i'll be on my train on the way back home on the other side of the country
>i've never felt lonelier

Is this what people call love, /tg/? Because it hurts and i don't want it
>>
Met her through CoC-Sessions I ran, I even got her to be the keeper
>>
>>46574837
Do you realize how fucking creepy you sound asking all that?
Yeah she's cute, we've been fuggin since halloween, we spent the holidays at my parents' place. She stayed over last night, we watched shitty movies and fugged, we had lunch at a thai place and I just dropped her off at her place.

Any more questions?
>>
>>46590661
It sounds like some horrible cultist is trying to lead you astray brother. Maintain the path. For the Emperor.
>>
>>46553552
My girlfriend joined our 5e campaign just a few sessions ago, after being curious about it for quite some time, and so far she has liked it a lot.
She is also quite interested in the lore of 40k, making questions on it and listening to my ramblings about it, and has read a few BL books. She absolutely loves Tyranids, and I have painted quite a few as gifts for her - they're the only figures on any kind of display at our home, despite me playing Blood Angels, Guard, Sororitas...
>>
>>46593043
Ah, the heresies we commit for love....
>>
I'm a handholdless 24 virgin so
>girlfriend

However, of the females I've known, most have fathers who do similar things, so they're totally cool with it.

The one time a girl tried to legit shit on me about it, her friends immidiately put her down about it. I didn't care that she did, so it was pretty cool to see. Very different than when I was 7.
>>
>>46591624
Well I was gonna ask you to greentext deflowering her on all hallows' eve but since you're being a stick in the mud that doesn't wanna help out his /tg/ bros, now I don't want to
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.