[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite non-magic card game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 2_CLUBS.png (13 KB, 590x813) Image search: [Google]
2_CLUBS.png
13 KB, 590x813
What is your favorite non-magic card game?
>>
>>46552500

Depends on what I am in the mood for.

If I want dueling wizards? Mage Wars.
If I want a good fantasy themed PVP? Warhammer Invasion
Co-op? Legendary
Co-op with a high difficulty rating? Shadowrun Crossfire
Just fucking around with friends? Super Fight or Cards against humanity (they wear thin fast as hell though because they rely on shock value that gets repetitive fast)

The card game that gets the most play time though is Warhammer Invasion.

The card game that gets the least play time is Summoner Wars. Nobody in my group (myself included) cares for the game. Mage wars does tactics and depth much better without a burn mechanic. Wasted my money buying that game all in all.

Android Netrunner is another game we don't care for at all. The general consensus is that the asymmetrical gameplay is a great idea, but the game itself is dull as fuck.
>>
>>46552500
Traditional card games - 10-card Gin for two players, Gin Rummy for more.

Modern "board games" that happen to be entirely cards - Sushi Go! or Welcome To The Dungeon. Hard to choose there.
>>
>deck of 52
Gin

>Other
Sentinels of the Multiverse
>>
File: wuxiaoqiao.jpg (673 KB, 1113x1600) Image search: [Google]
wuxiaoqiao.jpg
673 KB, 1113x1600
Sanguosha
>>
52 + joker: 500
Other: dominions
>>
>>46552500

1. French Tarot
2. Gin (with 2 players) or 500 Rum (with 3–4)
3. Egyptian War (a.k.a. Screw the Rat)
>>
>>46552500
Cribbage.

and yes I own this board.
>>
File: cribbage.jpg (32 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
cribbage.jpg
32 KB, 570x428
>>46557751
Helps when I add the image.
>>
The Spoils. Netrunner. Hecatomb. Spycraft. Doomtown.

It's hard to pick.
>>
Knightmare Chess
>>
Netrunner
>>
>>46552500
Get out of jail free
>>
File: Kaiu Onizuka.jpg (81 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Kaiu Onizuka.jpg
81 KB, 601x500
Legend of the 5 Rings...
>>
Summoner Wars hands down. Have everything released for it, play it a bunch when my best mate is in town taking a break from med school.

Aprt from that, I used to play a lot of dominion and warhammer Invasion, and I am currently on a mean kick with Ashes:Rise of the Phoenixborn. Love their dice resource mechanic and closing your opening hand. Oh, and how turns cycle, creating a pretty cool way of establishing tempo and playing control.
>>
>>46561443
Chin up anon. Ffg will likely make a great lcg.

I'm more concerned about then inadvertently killing it as key roles are horribly explained in the rulebook, and new players are turned off when everyone has a different understanding of dueling or reaction triggers.
>>
>>46558123
>Hecatomb
>cards
>>
Any of you played the bloodbowl manager card game?

I dont really like bloodbowl, but it was pretty cool. fun and easy to play with friends, with some nice spicy WHFB race traits
>>
File: Pathfinder martials.jpg (56 KB, 338x480) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder martials.jpg
56 KB, 338x480
>>46561443
>>
>>46561627
Its a riot. Really nasty at 3 as you can shut people out of games. Matches are tghtly contested, there are elements of bluffing, event cards can fuck up your day, all in all, it's really fun.
>>
>>46552500
52-pickup
>>
I love tarock and poker. Ocasionally stuff like lustig, remi, Uno,... And of course a shitload of drinking games
>>
File: Pimp_Slap.jpg (201 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
Pimp_Slap.jpg
201 KB, 1040x1040
>>46552500
Lunch Money
>>
>>46552500
>>46561443
>>46561636

MANTIS BEST CLAN
FUCK PIG CRAB
FUCK PIG MOTO
FUCK PIG CRANE
ARROWS FROM THE RANKS BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
>>46552500
I Declare War
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.