[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Oni Quest 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8
File: 1443805248175.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1443805248175.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
Your name is Amy Nakamura, a 17 year old void Oni, and right now you’re conversing with a very cheerful Wizard named Christin Klein. Except her usually cheerful demeanor vanished in an instant when you confirmed her suspicion about who the boy in the park was. For reasons currently unknown to you the fact that Dan Butler was attacked guy is important enough to cause Christin to swear.

“FUUUUUCK, this is going to be such a pain in my ass.” Christin whines to no one in particular. You get the feeling that this is actually a very big deal.

>Why?

>Are you alright?

>Trish?

Write-in?
>>
>>46550539
>Why?
>>
>>46550539
>Why?
>>
>>46550539
>Why?
Is this something we should know about?
>>
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban%20Oni%20Quest

Twitter: @StrikeZone13

Rules: Votes are given a 10-15 minute voting period (This is not a hard time limit), the dice used are 3d10s and the occasional d100 both are best of three. I try to add write-ins to the post if they’re applicable to the situation, shitposting write-ins will be ignored unless they are genuinely funny and can be added.

Try to have fun!
>>
>>46550657
>Try to have fun!
Fun is a myth
>>
Alrighty, writing.

Sorry about the thread delay, had to get food.
How're y'all doing today?
>>
>>46550972
Almost fell asleep at the doc's, Other than that fine, how about you?
>>
>>46551099
Played about three hours worth of SFV after work and I just finished eating dinner, so not too bad.
>>
“Why?” You say aloud, Christin and Trish turn to look at you, as if suddenly remembering you were there. Trish holds your gaze for a second and nods once before giving Christin a pointed look. Christin switches from looking at you to Trish and then back to you. The look on her face is one of extreme exasperation bordering on exhaustion. She lets loose a long drawn out sigh.

“The Butlers are a pretty important family in Houston’s magical community. They’ve been here a LONG time.” She says while closing her eyes, she keeps them shut for a few seconds before inhaling. “They’re not only one of the wealthiest families, they’re also one of the most unusual. They have all three kinds of human magic user in their blood. The current patriarch is a wizard and his wife is a sorceress. What’s pissing me off is that they’re going to complain to the Circle, and then all the old men will twist their knickers into fucking thongs.” You let out a quick bark of laughter while Trish merely snorts in amusement. So Dan’s family is a big deal huh?

>How does that even work?

>Why would they get so mad?

>Write-in?
>>
>>46551270
>Why would the Fae attack him, if his family is such a big deal?
It's not exactly a huge mystery why they would get mad.
>>
>>46551270
>>
>>46551270
>Why would the Fae attack him, if his family is such a big deal?
>>
Writing.
>>
“How does that even work?” You ask the portly Wizard.

“Hmm?”

“The bloodline thing, how can they have all three in one family?”

“Amy’s right it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, you even said that magical ability isn’t something that always runs in families.” Trish says a few seconds after you finished. Christin nods to herself and starts stroking her chin like she has a beard, again.

“It’s not something most of us are in the know about, there’s just something about their genes that lets them have members from all three categories. If I had to guess, they probably made a deal with some being of high power.” She finishes. That’s pretty interesting but something has been nagging you in the back of your mind.

“If his family is such a big deal why would the Fae attack him?”

“That’s the million dollar question isn’t it?” Trish says after looking at Christin’s expression.

>So when you say being of high power?

>Did the Fae know who they were attacking?

>What’s the Circle going to do about it?

>Write-in?
>>
>>46551770
>>
>>46551770
Where they get power from is not immediately relevant to us, and they probably did know who they were attacking, otherwise they wouldn't have been so insistent on it.
>>
>>46551770
>>
Do you think I could get a few ore votes in? Lurkers?

I'd rather not text dump you guys with every option every time.
>>
>>46552036
*more
>>
>>46551770
Sure :^)
>>
>>46551770
>>
File: 1406906052211.jpg (85 KB, 406x686) Image search: [Google]
1406906052211.jpg
85 KB, 406x686
>>46552065
Cheeky
>>
>>46551770
>"That sounds like it's their problem, not yours"
>>
Writing, going to go with the Circle question first. Then we'll refine it from there.
>>
“So what’s the Circle going to do about this then? Besides get mad and sit on their thumbs.” You ask Christin, who just shrugs in response.

“I’m not sure what they’re going to do, the Butlers haven’t come forward to the full Circle yet,
they’ve only told my master and a few others.”

“Friends of theirs?” Trish asks.

“Not really, just some of the older members. They honestly don’t have too many ‘friends’ with the Wizards of the city. The Sorcerer’s Guild and the Coven are more staunch supporters of their machinations, usually.” Another look of shock crosses her face after she finishes the last line, then all of her hope seems to drain from her face. “Oh God no, the Guild and Coven are going to request a meeting so they can all bitch and moan together…..”

>So do you think the Fae knew what they were getting into by attacking him?

>When you said being of great power?

>Guild? Coven?

>Write-in?
>>
>>46552424
>>
>>46552424
>Guild? Coven?
We need to work out the repercussions of the attack. Then, we can work out who could stand to gain.
>>
>>46552424
>Guild? Coven?
>>
>>46552424
>Guild? Coven?
>>
Writing.
>>
“Guild?” You ask.

“Coven?” Trish asks at the same time, you share a quick glance before turning back to Christin. You really hope that you talking at the same time isn’t something that came about from the Bond…

“They’re the organizations that help run the magical peoples of the greater Houston area. As a matter of fact the Guild operates almost all the way out to Victoria. The Coven however is just in Harris County.” Christin tells you, some life returning to her eyes.

“So are they like a governing body, or?” Trish asks her.

“Eh, they’re not really a governing body. You can say that they make the decisions for the groups and help out their mentors, but they don’t enforce laws.”

>Write-in?
>>
>>46552880
>>
>>46552880
>>
>>46552880

Want to make sure this isn't a coincidence
>>
>>46552880
>>So do you think the Fae knew what they were getting into by attacking him?

>Write-in? "We, ah, met an expert on oni before, to learn about me, and... they kinda said something about it taking a demon to do some of what he did before.
>>
Writing.
>>
Oh on a side note, I've been thinking of putting character sheet together for Amy and maybe Trish. Do you think you guys could help me out by looking up the names of the skills you've unlocked? And your MP?

I'd appreciate the hell out of it.
>>
>>46553368
Oooh, more char sheets would be useful indeed.
>>
“This seems like a whole lot of trouble for little gain.” Trish reasons out loud. “Did the Fae know what they were getting into when they attacked him?” She looks from Christin to you, then back to Christin. Christin for her part just sighs loudly again.

“If I tell you guys this you must promise me not to tell anyone.”

“I promise.” Trish says almost immediately.

>Yay

>Nay

>Other?
>>
>>46553418
>Yay
>>
>>46553418
>Yay
>>
>>46553418
>Yay
>>
>>46553418
>Yay
Little reason not to! Gotta sleep now, steer us well anons.
>>
>>46553418
>>>Yay
>>
>>46553418
>>Yay

Also heyo Strike. Nice to get here on (sorta) time.
>>
>>46553418
>“If I tell you guys this you must promise me not to tell anyone.”

*you won't tell anyone

Shit that's bad
>>
>>46553607
I fail to see the error in the original text.
>>
Writing.

>>46553599
'sup anon?
>>
>>46553658
It just doesn't sound right to me when I say it out loud, but if it works you for you I guess I can't complain.
>>
>>46553667
Not much, I distinctly noticed that you partake in the Trapped in Da'ta. Plus one to your awesome points.
>>
“Yeah, I promise too.” You tell the Wizard. Christin nods to the both of you before adopting a serious look.

“The Fae are starting to muscle into other territories in the city. The week before last they chased the Rock Fists out of the Northeastern side of the city. In fact they damn near chased them all the way to Baytown. I think they’re trying to rapidly expand for some reason. I’m not really sure why.” That’s somewhat troubling, the Rock Fists were one of the larger Orc gangs in the city. If Titania’s Silence had enough power to push them out…

That would be really bad news.

“That’s not even the worst part, they’ve been riling up the Trolls, as well as some of the Goblin families. Then there’s that whole thing with Memorial Park… There’s even worse news than that.”

“What could be worse?” Trish says a little testily, she wasn’t pleased by the news either.

“Besides the attack on the Butler boy they’ve been heckling some of the magical folk in the city. It was never as overt as that attack though. Whatever it is that they’re planning, it’s bad news for everyone. Fae aren’t exactly known for their kindness, well, outside of Disney at least.”

>What could they even want? Houston is hardly important.

>So when you said beings of higher power?

>Why Keep this a secret?

>Write-in?
>>
>>46553989
>>What could they even want? Houston is hardly important.
>Disney?
>>
>>46553989
>>What could they even want? Houston is hardly important.
I mean. Unless there is some long lost power of untold proportions that could empower their organization to near godly levels of power or anything right?
>>
>>46553989
>>
>>46553989
>What could they even want? Houston is hardly important
>>
>>46553989
>Why Keep this a secret?
>>
>>46553989

Maybe Dan is of some importance that makes him a target? The foretold vessel of their patron or something?
>>
inb4 the answer is magic drugs. Marijuana that makes you float. Cocaine gives you superspeed. Mushrooms that lets you summon your dreams.
>>
>>46554160
No, no it is not.
>>
>>46554173
Does Red Bull at least give you wings?
>>
Writing.
>>
“I know that they are a prolific gang in the rest of the south, but why bother with Houston? There isn’t anything here.” You say aloud to no one in particular.

“Yeah, I’m not sure I get their motivation either. But it’s still fishy as all hell.” Trish says.

“Houston doesn’t have a lot of connection to the Old World, and the only spiritually aware people who lived here for a long time were the Native American tribes.” Christin says, as if she was thinking out loud. “Well whatever the case may be, they’re causing some serious problems for everyone, not just us.” All three of you stay quiet for a few minutes to digest the conversation and finish your tea. Trish is pretty relaxed and has her eyes mostly closed, while Christin nervously eats a few tea cakes.

>Any other questions?
>>
>>46554505
>>
>>46554505
>>
>>46554505
What an array of choices
>>
>>46554505
Do you know about the Mountain Troll in town?
>>
>>46554541
I'm running out of shit to text dump, apologies.
>>
>>46554505
>>46554556
Seconding
>>
>>46554556
Should at least bring it up. Throwing my lot in with this dude.
>>
>>46554541
Dude, the man can only plan so much. How about you try thinking and make up a question.
>>
>>46554694
Nah, I'll just keep teasing him for my amusement.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46554694
Pull the stick out of your ass, anon. Nobody needs your white knighting.
>>
“O-oh, well….. How to put this? There are certain kinds of beings that exist in this world that somewhat transcend a physical and energy based existence. So instead of operating on pure Magical Energy, or just the regular reality of the universe, they’re caught between both. The most basic example would be a Faerie queen, who are typically embodiments of some sort of concept. Like Winter, Summer etc. Some other examples would be Coyote and the other archetypal animals from myth.”

“What about Kami?” You ask as she takes a quick pause to finish off her tea.

“Well I’m not too versed in Japanese… Well anything besides some of their popular culture. So they probably fall under that umbrella as well.”

“What about demons?” Trish asks quietly, which surprisingly causes Christin to giggle.

“There has never been a demon that powerful on Earth before. The sheer magnitude of its strength would poison the energy of the planet.” That comment causes another round of awkward silence.

“Hey, you said that the Fae were riling up the Trolls. We might know someone who can help with that.” You tell Christin.

“Oh really? Who?”

“A huge Mountain Troll, he said his name was Charles.” A light of recognition appears in Christin’s Eyes.

“Ohhhh, Mr. Stokeworth. He’s a friend of my master, he’s already doing everything he can, but Trolls are solitary and notoriously stubborn. There’s not a whole lot he can do on his own.” You nod once at her, it was almost 5:30. Have you two really been here that long?

>Well this was a great opportunity, thank you so much Ms. Klein

>Anything you want to ask her?
>>
>>46555097
>If this is as big as you say I might know someone who may be able to help
>>
>>46555097
>Can we come and call on you again some time?

>>46555147
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I doubt he would appreciate us disclosing his existence without his permission.
>>
>>46555097
>Should I be worried about those fae coming after me or anyone close to me?
>>
>>46555097
>>
>>46555174
>If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I doubt he would appreciate us disclosing his existence without his permission.
Eh good point.
>>
Writing.
>>
And on that last note, you think it’s finally time for you to leave. You pick Trish up and place her next to you so you can shift back into human form. It really is convenient that you can do that so easily now.

“This was wonderful, thank you so much for seeing us today Ms. Klein.” You tell the older woman as politely as you can. She smiles a radiant smile at you in response.

“Christin, please. It was a pleasure to meet the both of you.”

“Amy hasn’t said enough, really thank you Christin. We were both in the dark about so much of this, it was really nice of you to do this for us.” Trish says, a happy smile on her face as well.

“You seem to think I’m some sort of altruist, believe me when I say that a Wizard always does something for her own benefit.” She responds to your tiny friend, in an almost motherly tone. “Here’s my personal number, please call me when you’ve made up your mind about the apprenticeship. We’ll have to tell the Circle and your parents if you decide to accept.” Trish nods seriously and puts her hand out for her to shake. But instead of shaking her hand, Christin gets up and gives her a polite hug. Then she walks over to you and does the same. Odd, her hugs are so…. Feminine?

“Thank you both, you’ve given me some new perspective. Oh! And you let me see your Oni form, I don’t think I can ever repay that.” You exchange a few more pleasantries while Trish puts Christin’s number into her cell. Then you both head out to the car to go home.

Today has been one hell of a whirlwind

>Interlude: Fox on a Plane

>Interlude: The Howling Night

>Nah no interlude, continue with Amy *Timeskip*
>>
>>46555758
>>
>>46555758
>>
>>46555758
>Interlude: Fox on a Plane
>>
>>46555758
>>Interlude: Fox on a Plane
>>
>>46555758
>Interlude: The Howling Night
Sounds edgy.
>>
>>46555758
>>Interlude: Fox on a Plane
oh boy
>>
>>46555758
>>
>>46555758
>>
Writing.
>>
Man those last two votes are suspicious as all hell.
>>
>>46556092
If we're going to go with outlandish theories, every vote for an interlude was both different and over a minute apart.
>>
>>46556114
"Outlandish" Two Identical votes that come in right when the vote is usually called and when their favorite choice is losing?

Sure.
>>
Before shit gets heated up, the Interludes are just brief little asides you guys still have control over. They're just meant to give you, the players some insight into different shit happening.
>>
>>46556137
Stay mad and paranoid, then. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>46556184
So wasting our time on shit that isn't relevant yet and spoiling reveals
>>
>>46556226
Uh not really, just stuff that Amy would find out about later on anyway. Gives you a chance to not play as her for a bit if you want.

Hence voting.
>>
>>46556266
>just stuff that Amy would find out about later on anyway
So exactly what I said
>>
>>46556298
I mean it's not really spoilers or anything you can metagame. It's just neat insight into the world and stuff like that.

They're supposed to be "Fun"
>>
>>46556328
Even more of a time waster than I thought
>>
File: Calm down knigga.png (10 KB, 381x351) Image search: [Google]
Calm down knigga.png
10 KB, 381x351
>>46556347
>>
>>46556355
I'm not even angry yet
>>
>>46556347
Who the fuck did strike piss off to get ass blasted faggots like you in here. Goddamn
>>
>>46556266
Meh, that one anon is a jerk. If you want to write someone different for a little bit just switch after a breaking point or scene switch like right now. Its nice to get some more insight into a setting. /tg/ is usually pretty good about not blatantly meta-gaming.
>>
it's probably too early in the quest to be getting into interludes
>>
>>46556404
There was already a vote on it.
>>
>>46556412
I know, its more "for the future" advice.
>>
>>46556404
Stop trying to overturn your loss
>>
>>46556412
this, going against a vote is a mistake. If he really wanted to switch out he should have just done it.
>>
Man this week has been boring, last week was filled with all sorts of interesting (and mildly annoying) stuff. But now it’s Friday and absolutely nothing has happened. Ever since Trish agreed to be Christin’s apprentice you haven’t had a chance to hang out with her at all. Well, she did say she’d be free on Saturday to do something, but that’s like….. Some large amount of hours away. So now the question remains: What the fuck are you going to do for the rest of the day?

>Nothing, go home and veg out.

>Go work out, you could use a pump.

>Maybe another jog? Last time was interesting.

>Write-in?
>>
>>46556419
Not sure if it's good advice.
>>
>>46556477
GOTTA BE THE SWOLEST ONI!
>>
>>46556427
I'm not. The vote itself was for something fun, all the options are fun.
But if SZ just wants to write an interlude, he has the option as QM to just write it out. No need for input,
>>
>>46556477
>>
>>46556477

Last jog wasn't the best sort of interesting.
>>
>>46556477
>>Maybe another jog? Last time was interesting.

Probably one of the few things that can make Amy tired to if she goes all out. At least with no one watching. Never miss cardio!
>>
>>46556405
I thought'd be interesting for you guys. We can vote on it at the end of the thread if you guys want it to appear at the beginning of the next thread as a supplement to the OP or something.

>>46556445
I will never, go against a vote on purpose. That removes all agency, if I wanted to write a shitty web novel I wouldn't be here. I want to quest damnit.
>>
>>46556477
>Practice oni powers
>>
>>46556523
Don't worry too much about it. It's just one or two guys being mad for some reason. If you really fuck up, you'll probably know.
>>
Changing>>46556520(you)
to >>46556525

Even if we can only use boom boom powers once or twice its still good to practice. Or even try finding someplace to safely practice.
>>
>>46556523
was not criticizing, I actually think you are doing a pretty good job. Was just weighing in on the subject.
>>
>>46556477
>Practice oni powers
>>
>>46556477
>>
Yo, whatchu listening to?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03dmfhcG60&list=PL9B8C3559EE36372A&index=214
>>
>>46556630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAl9kZCwOPE
>>
>>46556652
You have good taste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO-qcIwJMLo.
>>
Writing.

>>46556684
Heh thanks
>>
>>46556684
Black Lagoon, I keep seeing it. Is it pretty good? I've seen a bit of the abridged but that probably doesn't explain jack about it.

Kinda want Amy to have a least one head vaulting incident in a fight now. Preferably with boots connecting to face.
>>
>>46556768
Fuck yeah it's great if you ask me, Don't watch the dub though.
>>
>>46556768
it is very good
>>
>>46556768
Black Lagoon is one of the few shows where the Dub is amazingly better than the sub.

>Inb4 burn the heretic

The show can be a bit edgy but it doesn't take itself too seriously all the time. And it has one of the best if not the best female character in all of anime.

Also Amy is too damn big and not agile enough to head vault without breaking a nigga's spine.
>>
>>46556791
>Don't watch the dub though.
Them's fightan words
>>
>>46556838
I prefer the sub too.
>>
>>46556838
10 paces, You and me at dawn, Teeth only.
>>
>>46556818
Well then we'll need a bigger face to jump off now won't we? Hint hint nudge nudge. Unless elves are an option I am okay with pulping those arses.
>>
Ah fuck it, you’ll just go pump iron. Your drive over to the gym from school is as uneventful as ever. The gym itself is just as shitty as you remember, heh, you were just here the other day though so it isn’t hard to remember. You quickly change and head over to the actual workout room. After a quick warm up of a hundred pushups you’re ready to move on to the main event.

>Powerlifting, you already have the squat record, why not get the bench record as well? (Unofficially)

>Regular lifting

>LEG DAY

>Cardio

>Write-in?
>>
>>46556863
>Powerlifting, you already have the squat record, why not get the bench record as well? (Unofficially)
Break all records
>>
>>46556863
>LEG DAY
NEVER MISS OUT ON LEG DAY!
Let's do both at once.
>>
>>46556863
>>
>>46556888
Second.
>>
>>46556847
>>46556853
I'll admit Rock's voice is kinda eh, but the rest of the cast is amazing. Especially Balalaika
>>
>>46556863
>>Powerlifting, you already have the squat record, why not get the bench record as well? (Unofficially)
then when done
>Cardio
>Write-in?
Maybe ask if they need a hand around here? After school job for a few hours since Trish is pretty busy with being a wizard.
>>
>>46556888
>>46556900
Sorry, you can't do both.
>>
>>46556863
>LEG DAY
Never skip leg day.
>>
>>46556863
I'm tired of this leg day meme bullshit
>>
>>46556922
>>46556916(you)
Then switching mine to just
But keeping the write in
>>
>>46556906
there are animu's where I think the dubs are better, cowboy bebop is an example. I just think the original voice acting was better in black lagoon.
>>
>>46556922
Powerlifting THEN legday then.
>>46556976
Anon, It's real, Never miss legday, You'll regret it.
>>
>>46557000
Oh for sure for sure. There are only a few shows where I really like the Dubs.

Trigun, bebop, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood etc.
>>
looks like we're power lifting.

Roll me some 3d10

DC is 7 for a normal record, anything higher is... You'll see
>>
Rolled 1, 7, 9 = 17 (3d10)

>>46557078
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 8 = 17 (3d10)

>>46557078
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 2 = 5 (3d10)

>>46557078
>>
Rolled 4, 5, 5 = 14 (3d10)

>>46557078
hrrrkkk
>>
Rolled 5, 10, 9 = 24 (3d10)

>>46557078
HERE WE GO
>>
>>46557078
Best of five or three? Really hopeit 's five.
>>
>>46556863
>LEG DAY
>Do Agility training (fast & quick instead of measured, high weight, less reps)
>>
>>46557107
three, its the second post from the op. Explains the dice system.
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>46557078
>>
>>46557107
still, 2/3 aint bad
>>
>>46557078
So does this count as better than normal?>>46557083
>>
>>46557078
Is it best of 3?
>>
>>46557141
Unfortunately that roll only beat seven. It's still damn good though.

>>46557163
All of the rolling is best of three. Unless it's for a random encounter.

Writing, also post workout music.
>>
>>46557192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4
>>
>>46557192
https://youtu.be/78gt7pfjlCU?t=59s
>>
>>46557192
Judas Priest-Hard as Iron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_fJ5SSV_Vo&list=PL7B6A3919A0A722AC&index=162

The Sword-Eyes of the Stormwitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_DwhjDIGs&list=PL7B6A3919A0A722AC&index=158
>>
You’re feeling confident today, and powerful. You walk over to the bench setups and start piling weight on the bar.

You stop there for the moment, that’ll be good enough. For now. You get under the bar and push it up off the stand and start your reps.

You keep going and going and going. You’re actually benching more than 600 pounds without using your Oni powers. Fuck you’re awesome. You keep going until your arms start to hurt, man if Andre could see you now…. The look on his face would be priceless. You set the bar down to get some water and a quick breather. You can probably do more, but should you?

>Add more weight

>Keep up this pace

>Stop for now

>Write-in?
>>
>>46557192
Sick Puppies-Gunfight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCsU6u74cM&list=PL7B6A3919A0A722AC&index=95

Pretty much anything by Led Zeppelin or Dio as well.
>>
>>46557363
>Add more weight
>>
>>46557363
>>Add more weight
More weight! Just make sure the bars don't break.
>>
>>46557363
>Add more weight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDrCHiwpT4M&nohtml5=False
>>
>>46557363
>Keep up this pace
If we're at the point where our arms are hurting, probably don't want to push harder than this. Maybe when we're fresh.
>>
>>46557363
>Add more weight
Think of your Lord
>>
>>46557451
But we DON"T want to hulk out in front of the little people!
>>
>>46557451
>Think of your Lord
WE WILL BE ABLE TO BENCHPRESS TWENTY OF HER!
>>
>>46557363
>>46557363
>Keep up this pace, but be careful

Do we honestly want to have to deal with mom or dad if we get injured?
>>
You're all crazy, I love it

Roll me 3d10 again DC: 8
>>
Rolled 10, 7, 5 = 22 (3d10)

>>46557541
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 7 = 15 (3d10)

>>46557541
WITNESS ME
>>
Rolled 9, 2, 8 = 19 (3d10)

>>46557541
>>
>>46557551
>>46557558
BOOM
>>
>>46557541
Is it best roll, or best roll in each slot?
>>
>>46557541
So great feat by mortal standards accomplished here?>>46557558
>>
File: 1443479890904.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443479890904.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46557558
YOU DID IT YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON YOU!

Writing.
>>
>>46557577
So it's based on the DC, if one number in the sequence is or beats the DC you fail, if two beat/are the DC you pass, and if all three are/beat the DC you crit.

If none pass you crit fail
>>
>>46557632
So the order of operation is first check vertically for the best of each die, then compare those three best rolls vs. the DC?
>>
Alrighty decisions time people. As we are Void Oni who are weapon master's. Is there any specific one you are hoping to grab your interest. I am all for being a jack-of-trades that uses guns, spears, blades, or even knuckledusters.
>>
>>46557692
Bearded axes and Kanabo's, Since the bearded axes can also act as knuckles.
>>
>>46557692
It entirely depends if the system benefits specialization over generalization. The most important thing is having reliable ways to take all comers, along with a few unusual ways around any counters enemies will throw at us.
>>
>>46557692
>>46557729
Based on this, we'd probably want to consider using more modern weapons, and considering tools that double as weapons. We'll want something with reach, something for medium distance, and something for up-close. Possibly an unusual weapon like a chain that can be used in an unusual way.

Up close weapons can include knuckles, but an Ice Knife would probably be a good bet. Polearms and the like would be interesting for us. Finally, using maces and/or half-swording could be pretty beneficial as well.
>>
>>46557692
Gotta go Tetsubo. It's tradition!
>>
>>46557691
Think it's only the rolls of the best set that are taken, judging from past rolls.
>>
>>46557691
It's the rolls horizontally in each sequence.

>>46557692
>>46557723
>>46557729
If you want I can give you some weapon stats/designs that you'll get when you make your Oni-forged weapon later.
>>
>>46557692
We are a samurai sworn in the service of our Lord. What do you think we'd use?

Samurai actually used a fairly wide range of weapons.
>>
You’re not going to stop here, you can’t. You put more weight on the bar until you’re at 750, more than any person has ever lifted without specialized gear. You go for it
You don’t think, you do. You feel the rush of the adrenaline coursing through your body, you feel your muscles tensing and straightening as you lift. You can hear the air moving through your lungs and the blood being pumped by your heart.

You can feel everything and strangely nothing.

More than anything else though, you feel ALIVE.

You push against the oppressive strain towering over your body. You can feel your mind begging you to use your Oni strength.

You refuse, you push with your mortal strength and hands, you push with everything you have.

You push

The weight is precariously over your head, your muscles are screaming in protest, but you don’t care.

You roar out your victory to the empty room.

You are Amy Nakamura, and you’re the fucking best weight lifter in the world.
>>
>>46557790
Kanabo/Tetsubo? Since we ARE an oni.
>>
And that's it thanks to everyone for showing up! I really appreciate it guys.

My Twitter and the quest archive are in the 5th post of the thread.

I'll be sticking around to answer questions and the like.

Also Interlude for next week's OP:

>Fox on a plane

>Howling Night
>>
>>46557692
Since when are Void Oni the weaponmasters?
>>
>>46557841
>Fox on a plane
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46557841
>Also Interlude for next week's OP:
Nyet.
>>
>>46557760
A trench knife would a nasty close range option. Brass knuckles/helmet smasher/ and dagger in one.
An axe for its use as something that has more purposes than just fighting.
Would you think Amy would try out some pistols or would most firearms be simply to small for her to actually use?
It would be funny to end up going sneaky with her and she uses a lariat for most fights.
>>
>>46557841
>Howling Night

Thanks for running!
>>
>>46557850
Зaчeм?
>>
>>46557844
That was their entire draw at chargen. They are the magically inclined weaponmasters.
>>
>>46557841
>Fox on a plane

Thanks for running, Strike. Really enjoying this.
>>
>>46557844
They have inherent natural instincts with weapons. Not amazing bullshit tier mind you, but better than an untrained person.
>>
>>46557841
>>Fox on a plane

I want both ;-;
>>
>>46557863
Because I wish to play as Amy.
>>
>>46557848
>>46557859
>>46557880
Thanks for playing, you guys make it a joy to run.
>>
>>46557841
Thanks for running Strike, get some sleep and have a good weekend!
>>
>>46557883
How broad a definition of 'weapon' are we working with here, from blades-on-sticks only to Fate/Zero Berserker tier?
>>
>>46557765
I'm assuming that, but I might as well ask.
>>46557774
Thanks for the clarification.

As for weapons, I'd like to take a modern spin on weapons. For example, the titular curved katana is one of the earliest designs, while the 'newer' ones are mostly straight with a small curve at the very top.

The idea is to take what society has collectively learned and make a few crazy fucking weapons based on being insanely effective. And hell, maybe Trish has a few pointers/can google some stuff. Plus, being a Void Oni, we can probably do a very basic version of what Tesla could do with his inventions, which is testing things in his mind before actually making them.
>>
>>46557877
I thought it was just magic in general.
>>
>>46557894
:Literally its in the OP, already typed out. It takes nothing away from the quest time itself.
>>
>>46557841
>Fox on a plane

>>46557844
Void is Metal.
>>
>>46557950
You're getting Japanese elements and Chinese elements confused.
>>
>>46557894
It's only a brief thing at the beginning the next thread will be Amy as usual.

>>46557910
Thanks for playing anon, you have a great weekend as well.

>>46557913
Real weapons, things designed with the intent to kill.

>>46557923
They have both because the other elements get silly shit.
>>
>>46557857
Firearms would be interesting, but I'm not sure if StrikeZone will allow them if he took the rules of the world from XS (firearms being too recent and tech not meshing well with magic).
>>
>>46557964
I borrowed a bit from both actually. Void is metal
>>
>>46557964
No, I'm saying that the two are very close, and that the Japanese stole their spiritual system from the Chinese. So Void Oni are good at making weapons, because they can bring out the possibility in anything.
>>
>>46557921
>make a few crazy fucking weapons based on being insanely effective
Modern weapons have basically improved in terms of armor penetration and force projection to alpha strike enemies. So I'd guess the best we could do is make something like some kind of crazy long-range magically-cooled Void-magic-lightning-powered railgun?

>>46557977
>Real weapons, things designed with the intent to kill.
Does this mean that a Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II counts as a weapon for Amy?
>>
Anyone else think that fighting the fae at school would be fun? From the sounds of it they are pretty much the mafia and they've seen Amy's face.

Also i just think the reveal to the rest of the school would be fun. I always enjoy dramatic reveals.
>>
>>46558010
>Hastily changes notes

Note thief REEEEE

>>46557977
They are, they can't be Oni-forged though

>>46558008
I'm not letting you go that bullshit.

You guys want the Oni-forged list of weapons now?
>>
>>46558049
>Implying you shouldn't have posted it before
Gib
>>
>>46558049
Sure. It doesn't seem like that much of a spoiler. Lets us get out our rage of choosing THE BEST out right now.
>>
>>46557991
That's pretty stupidq
>>
>>46558007
I'm not familiar enough with Wu Xing to know if they're actually close and 90% of the sources I've found on it are complete junk, so I guess. It seems a little contrary to me that metal and void have the same connotations when the former is a generally-heavy physical substance and the latter is almost the exact opposite of that in it's associations.
>>
>>46558049
Oh pssh, like we've seen the last of the little magical buggers. Its either that or they try to take our parents hostage(if they're really stupid).
>>
>>46558133
>Its either that or they try to take our parents hostage(if they're really stupid).
Or our Lord.
>>
Don't know what you really like to use for work out music but stuff that actually makes me angry usually is pretty good for me. Gotta be super empathetic though.

Atmosphere- Fuck You Lucy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U3_H237k&list=PL7B6A3919A0A722AC&index=142
>>
>>46558087
>>46558088
Alrighty
Note: All of these are sized for your Oni form.

>Daisho: The signature blades of the Samurai, the katana and wakizashi. The most balanced weapon choice, both blades are usable in human form.

>Tetsubo: The "signature" weapon of the Oni. Immense destructive capability but very very unwieldy. Unusable in human form.

>Naginata: The most used weapon of the Samurai for most real combat. Long reach and defensive. Unwieldy in human form.

>Odachi: The Japanese long sword, greater range and power than a katana, but harder to use and limited by size. Incredibly unwieldy in human form.

>Kusarigama & other "ninja" weapons: The chain sickle, designed to incapacitate armored opponents. Also comes with ninja stars and assorted knives. A bit tricky to use in human form but you can.
>>
>>46558238
>See I'm thinking the tetsubo is probably the best choice simply because none of these weapons are exactly easy to hide.
If we ever fight in human form its most likely a fight that we'll want to use nonlethal force in. Oni form is for serious foightin.
>>
File: kanabo.jpg (74 KB, 342x950) Image search: [Google]
kanabo.jpg
74 KB, 342x950
>>46558238
I take it we can't get an ability to shrink our weapons for human usage?
>>
>>46558313
You actually have a skill/magic for hiding weapons. You can put them into Nowhere
>>
>>46558323
Nah, Oni-forged weapons are stubborn, once made they don't change easily.
>>
>>46558313
>>46558238
The Ninja weapons would probably be somewhat easy to hide. That said, I'd personally prefer something a bit more solid, as Ninja doesn't seem our style.

I think the Daisho would be the best option, if only because we might have fights where we want to be able to swing without wasting time transforming. I see your point though.
>>
>>46558238
Would it be possible to research new weapons or upgrade existing weapons once we learn new tricks with forging?

Some sort of AoE weapon like razor-chains or something for lightly armoured speed-freaks would be nice.
>>
>>46558238
First either Daisho because Samurai or Tetsubo because Oni.
>>
>>46558326
Is this space limited, or can we just shove multiple sets of weapons in there of varying sizes to suit various situations?
>>
Welp gg no re kiddos. Time for bed. Don't forget to brush your teeth and wash behind the ears before sleeping!
>>
>>46558238
Most-likely should try making a simple and versatile weapon first that's good against fae (fast little fucks who can't take much of a hit). So essentially longer reach weapons that aren't difficult to use, and ranged weaponry.
>>
>>46558367
Forging has a LOT of magic in it. It's much harder to do then say dwarf smithing.

If you were a Dwarf I'd say yes.

>>46558385
Only one Oni-forged weapon set. Miscellaneous weapons take up slots. You can upgrade how many you slots you have. Base is 6
>>
>>46558404
>Using ranged weapons and reach weapons against speed freaks
Anon no.
>>
>>46558404
You will be fighting much more than Fae.

They also have a few kinds of big, slow fae.
>>
>>46558434
Thanks for the heads up. Still seems like Daisho, Naginata, and ranged weaponry would be good ideas.
>>
>>46558946
I'll agree on Daisho, Naginata a shit, guns are an acceptable alternative to Oni-forging a ranged weapon (especially since we can only carry one Oni weapon but can carry several other weapons with it).
>>
>>46558946
Because of how OP Oni-forged shit is you're going to be limited to one choice.

That doesn't stop you from getting other weapons though, like guns and shit.
>>
>>46558973
For for a while or for the rest of the quest?
>>
>>46558973
Maybe later on getting another oni forged, As in waay later on like thread 60 or something
>>
File: 5687e9.jpg (11 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
5687e9.jpg
11 KB, 367x202
>>46559035
I want to say the whole quest but we'll see, probably just the foreseeable future. You put enough time into weapons and maybe I'll let you have two.

>>46559040
>Thread 60

Pic related
>>
>>46558973
Ok, that makes the choice a lot more important.

>>46559098
>Implying the ride ends
>>
>>46559098
Mate, I like you're quest, If you don't run to ATLEAST 100 thread I'll be very disappointed.
>>
File: 1412007345539.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
1412007345539.png
1 MB, 1019x881
>>46559198
NO FUCKING PRESSURE
>>
>>46559240
Strike, we've gotten this far, and it still feels like we haven't truly finished the first chapter (possibly we're half-way in). It's fine, you'll get there with time, patience, and care.
>>
>>46559240
You should feel good man, It means people believe in you and this quest.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.