[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: tumblr_n8yaxt8rLr1qmuzfco1_1280.png (594 KB, 700x801) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8yaxt8rLr1qmuzfco1_1280.png
594 KB, 700x801
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

What is the one weapon you've always wanted to use but know you never will? Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Previous thread: >>46534789
>>
I want to make a sword and board paladin! So I can be excellent to everyone and protect the weak and down-trodden!
>>
>>46548786
>sword and board paladin!
But anon, what kind of sword and what kind of board?
As for me, my homebrew LG God has Rhomphaia as his favored weapon
>>
>>46548537

Full Plate would add +3 to your AC, and what is the enchantment on Judgement? If it's at +3 you can bump it down to +2 and get enough funds to afford a +2 AC from Amulet/Ring that way.

What kind of character are you going for with this dude? He's built like a Samurai but has the feel of an Aldori Swordlord.
>>
>>46548786
Gestalt warder & paladin if your DM will let you.

Use a spear and shield bash. Be on a horse.

Drop broken blade for silver crane.
>>
>>46548735

Nigga is the dude on the left from Dark Souls 3?

Because man oh man is that some sick-ass armor, I still prefer Dragonblood or Faraam though.
>>
>>46548786
If you do, go with the PoW:E archetype so you can use Iron Tortoise, Silver Crane, and Golden Lion among more party-defensive class feature replacements and, more importantly, be a protector pretty much all day long.

>>46548836
Warlord is better, it's CHA-based and Paladin supplies the heavy armor proficiency anyway. Also, mounts suck.
>>
>>46548837
>knows DS2
>doesn't recognize important NPCs from DS1
You are a cancer
>>
File: Falcata3.jpg (238 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Falcata3.jpg
238 KB, 900x675
>>46548735
Falcata. Definitely the falcata.

Every time I try, I always end up either ending up with a weapon that is close enough that I can't justify spending the feat, or get distracted and totally forget about the plan.

>>46548819
Bushi Warders don't get heavy armor proficiency, sadly. Judgment is a +1 cold iron katana... and in retrospect, there's totally no reason for it to be cold iron. I can then dump the rest of the money into the wand that other guy suggested.

Mechanically, yes, he's a samurai, but I intend to play him as a chivalrous one-armed knight who can toss his fucking sword at stuff. The Aldori Swordlord-like stuff is absolutely intended.
>>
>>46548874
golden lion can give mounts attacks and extra movement though.
>>
>>46548881

I never played Dark Souls, I went from Demon Souls straight to Dark Souls 2.
>>
File: shashka-told2.jpg (29 KB, 1156x285) Image search: [Google]
shashka-told2.jpg
29 KB, 1156x285
Reminder that Aldori Dueling Swords are supposed to be shashkas, not off brand katanas
>>
>>46548874
Those were definitely the disciplines I was thinking of.
>>
File: This was soon to change.jpg (221 KB, 1070x723) Image search: [Google]
This was soon to change.jpg
221 KB, 1070x723
Cascade of Elemental Wrath
"Make a full attack. Each attack deals damage entirely of your active element’s associated energy type, and additional damage equal to 1d6 + your initiation modifier. During your full attack, you can change your active element as a free action once after each subsequent attack."

Is it me, or is this incredibly underwhelming for a lv7 maneuver?
>>
>>46548915

We've known this since forever though, Brevoy is Not!Poland.

Or is Brevoy the Commonwealth and Issia/Rostland supposed to be Lithuania/Poland?
>>
File: Bloodborne_aa1450_5534703.jpg (79 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_aa1450_5534703.jpg
79 KB, 569x571
>>46548890
Good lord why? DS1 is much better in terms of NPC writing (and writing overall) than DS2, plus the latter is jam packed with heavy-handed fanservice and poorly done references to DS1

Plus, in my opinion, its much smoother of a game because you don't have to worry about buffing IFrames with agility. Seriously, that stat was idiotic.
>>
I want to build a swashbuckler than has a rapier for regular swashing/buckling and a big fucking bastard sword for killing monsters/armored dudes but I don't know how to build it
>>
>>46548983

I just never got around to buying Dark Souls, and when Dark Souls 2 I decided to see what all the hoopla was about.

When I got done with that game, I just sorta decided I wasn't going to buy Dark Souls because, since it was the older game of the series, it was just going to be poor graphics and wonky controls.

And now I'm getting Dark Souls 3 and everything's beautiful.
>>
>>46548887

>The Aldori Swordlord-like stuff is absolutely intended.

But he doesn't use an Aldori Dueling Sword.
>>
>>46548786
>not being a board and board paladin

Confused Turtle is the one true build.
>>
>>46549007
>judging by graphics
/v/ pls go and stay go. Also, the mechanics, controls and visual design is much better in DS1 than in DS2.
DS2 was a straight up downgrade, which is why we needed DS3 to redeem the franchise.
>>
>>46548735
Repeating question - What in the fuck is an Unchained Swashbuckler?
>>
>>46549025
The katana's been refluffed to the weapon in the picture, which is vaguely Aldori Dueling Sword-y. Additionally, FUCK blowing feats to get proficiency in what is just a fucking longsword.
>>
>>46549055

Some fanmade boorushit
>>
>>46549057
>Additionally, FUCK blowing feats to get proficiency in what is just a fucking longsword.

You don't need proficiency in the Aldori Dueling Sword to wield it, anon.

The exotic weapons proficiency feat simply lets you apply dex to damage, otherwise it functions like a longsword.
>>
>>46549055
It's a homebrew thing that someone made and gets reposted every few threads - check the archives.
>>
>>46548735
a boomerang
>>
>>46549051
>DS2 was a straight up downgrade, which is why we needed DS3 to redeem the franchise.

Look at it this way, senpai.

I love Dark Souls 2, which means if it's a straight downgrade as you proclaim, then I'll be utterly blown away by Dark Souls 3.

It's part of what makes the anticipation so exciting! I liked Dark Souls 2 but everyone kept telling me it wasn't good!
>>
File: Swashbuckler Unchained.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Swashbuckler Unchained.pdf
1 B, 486x500
It's a /tg/ homebrew which redeems somewhat the trap class that is the Swashbuckler.

I have it on my computer but 4chan won't let me upload pdfs.
>>
>>46549072
Which is still strictly worse than a katana. Why the fuck would I ever actually use it?

Alexandr is, for the record, NOT an Aldori Swordlord. His fighting style is similar, simply because he doesn't have a second hand to take advantage of other fighting styles.
>>
>>46549098
Welp, I guess it worked anyways.
>>
File: 1431572555924.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1431572555924.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
>tfw you haven't been able to join a game that allows PoW ever
Should I just give it up and go back to GMing folks?
>>
>>46549091
Sound to me like your just trying to justify your bad taste, willful ignorance, and laziness.

Plus, you might not like DS3 since it references DS1 a lot, mainly because it was being made and worked on before the head honchos wanted to push for an early DS2, thus had the B team shit out that abortion and usurp DS3's proper mantle.
>>
>>46549181
But DS2's DLC was better than just about everything in DS1.
>>
>>46549116

You should get that Katana Expertise feat so your katana is 2d6.

Regardless, the character is solid, and although the AC is low that really might not be a problem given the DM, *plus* since you've got Scarlet Throne Dignity you can always burn a maneuver to get a free Counter.

This could actually be a good thing, Senpai. Keep your AC low to encourage enemies to attack, use Scarlet Throne Dignity to easily block the attack, and then get Scarlet Throne Riposte for a free AoO.

>>46549181

Shit taste? Willful ignorance? I know Dark Souls is good, I'm not denying that, what I'm saying is that Dark Souls 2 was my introduction to the series and it's been great to me so far.

Plus I know enough about the lore to enjoy what they got in Dark Souls 3. Personally, it just sounds like you're butthurt I'm enjoying the series without popping my Soul cherry on DS1.
>>
>>46549245
Doesn't Katana Expertise just bump it from 1d8-1d10? If I was going Dex-based, I would strongly consider it, but I don't think the difference in damage is really worth burning a feat. With Primal Warrior Stance, it'd be the difference between having 3d6 and 3d8 damage, and that's pretty minimal.

That's some damn solid logic in the second spoiler, though. I suppose I can just save up for one of those hats that has a Luck bonus to AC and see how it pans out.
>>
>>46549245
>Personally, it just sounds like you're butthurt I'm enjoying the series without popping my Soul cherry on DS1.
Not that anon, but I think he's more buttmad that you're deliberately lessening your experience for no good reason.
Just for comparison, this would be somewhat like saying "I watched Star Wars episodes I-III and liked them, so I don't need to watch IV-VI because they're older and worse-made and I understand the story enough to enjoy VII-IX!"
>>
File: tumblr_ns4j7yO1Ls1uc9zo8o1_1280.png (278 KB, 992x994) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4j7yO1Ls1uc9zo8o1_1280.png
278 KB, 992x994
>>46549210
>High Poise artificial challenge: the expansion
>shittily designed "co-op" dungeons with retarded boss fights
>better
Plus it doesn't change the fact that the base game itself was also shit

>>46549245
You make a good point, and I concede to it.
>>
>>46549323
They were very definitely better, and your greening doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>46549245
What is Scarlet Throne Dignity?
>>
>>46549337
Keep trying. Eventually you might convince someone that you actually believe that.
>>
>>46549357

It lets you make an opposing attack roll against an attack directed at you and, if your total is higher than the attacker's, the attack is blocked.

Scarlet Throne Riposte adds a free AoO if you block the attack.
>>
>>46549388
Keep spamming your bait images, maybe you'll get somewhere eventually with them.
>>
>>46548889
Right, but mounts still suck (and, RAW, are completely nonfunctional).

>>46549406
>>46549388
>>46549323
>>46549210
>>46549181
>>46549091
>>46549051
>>46549007
>>46548983

>>>/v/
>>
File: 1459423150710.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459423150710.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
A friend of mine is going to be running Rise of the Runelords soon enough, and it's early enough to shoot the breeze for ideas.

What are some interesting character ideas to stat out, for those of you that have some insight of what to look forward to in this adventure path?

Path of War and most 3rd-party stuff is allowed, with a "just run it by me to check if it's not broken" clause, so fire away.
>>
>>46549396
Are those feats, maneuvers, class abilities?
>>
>>46549357
>>46549396
>>46549484

SCARLET THRONE STYLE (COMBAT, STYLE)
Your skill with a single blade allows you to strike with the same force as those much stronger than you.
Prerequisites: Sense Motive 3 ranks, one Scarlet Throne stance known.
Benefit: As long as you only attack with a single weapon wielded in one hand during a round, you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change. This does not increase your Strength
bonus to damage with the weapon.

SCARLET THRONE DIGNITY (COMBAT)
Noble training has enabled you to withstand attacks that would harm those of lesser breeding.
Prerequisites: Scarlet Throne Style, Sense Motive 7 ranks.
Benefit: You can expend a readied maneuver as an immediate action in response to an attack being made against you. If you do, make an attack roll with a weapon you are wielding. If your attack roll is higher than your opponent’s, their attack is negated, and you can take a 5-foot step, even if you have already moved or taken a 5-foot step this round.

SCARLET THRONE RIPOSTE (COMBAT)
You seize opportunity as it comes, taking advantage of your enemy’s poor position after a missed attack.
Prerequisites: Scarlet Throne Style, Scarlet Throne Dignity, Sense Motive 11 Ranks.
Benefit: Whenever you use an ability to negate an attack from an opponent (such as with a counter or with the Scarlet Throne Dignity feat), that opponent provokes an attack of opportunity from you. A given creature can only provoke an attack of opportunity from you in this way once per round.
>>
>>46549463

Honestly anything and everything will find a good time in RotRL, it's classic dungeon romping in Adventure Land.

Maybe a native to Sandpoint returning for the Swallowtail Festival?

Also who is that in your pic? She's CUTE!
>>
>>46549498
Nifty.
I expect they are found in Path of War: Expanded?
>>
>>46549531
Correct.

One of the best parts of the book is that each discipline has its own style, and most are AT WORST only decent. I just don't know how Paizo keeps cranking out shitty feats all the time.
>>
What's that metamagic ability that requires really involved and frustrating math?
>>
>>46549625
Sacred geometry? There's also a shittier sacred arithmancy
>>
>>46549463
Want to trivialize the AP?
>Reanimation-focused Spirit Guide Juju Oracle that Juju Zombie-fies himself with scrolls. Make Fast Zombies and Frostfallen.
>Social manipulator + mindbreaker Telepath. Ram everything into INT and power DC's, Empathic Connection and later Mind Control every goddamn NPC you see because it's impossible to tell you're manifesting if you hide your displays with a Concentration check that you can Take 15 on if you burn your focus, and if that fails, Diplomancer your way through it with Student of Philosophy. Take everyone into the dungeons and throw them mercilessly at the enemy.
>Master Summoner centered on Summon Evil Monster OR Conjuration-centric Spheres of Power Incanter 1/Sphere Wizard 1/Spirit Guide Juju Sphere Oracle X with Summoning and Diagram to Planar Bind from LEVEL FUKKEN' ONE BABY YEAH

>>46549625
It's not involved or frustrating if you're good at math, but it's Sacred Geometry, one of the dumbest fucking feats ever written since it relies on the PLAYER's math skills and not the CHARACTER's to gain the effect.
>>
>>46549625
Sacred Geometry. And there are apps that make it a joke. Also, past 9 ranks in, it never fails. Literally the most bullshit.
>>
>>46549660
The guy who designed it literally can't into maths. The feat that is supposed to 'help' by making it d8's makes it worse, hilariously.
>>
Always wanted to use a Blades of Chaos like weapon, or any other [blank]-on-a-whip/chain.
Dont think Ive ever seen that available though aside from the aklys

On the brighter side I got to use grappling hooks as weapons and fuck people up that way.
>>
>>46549689
My favorite part is that of all the things in PF that got errata, SG was not one of them.
>>
>>46549739
It's such a joke. Nobody but super crazy high-power games use it, and the people in those games just use calculators.

After 9th level it's just flatly free metamagic on everything you want, it's amazingly terrible.
>>
>>46549739
They nerfed Divine Protection into uselessness, and the funniest part to me about the ACG errata is d20pfsrd.net didn't just swap the text out; they kept ALL the old text for ALL the ACG errata because almost all of it was dumb bullshit.
>>
>>46549787
Divine protection needed to be nerfed. I mean, no where near it got nerfed to, but it did need to be nerfed.
>>
>>46549811
Oh, sure. I usually houserule it to replace one score for one save, or in high-power games, replace all scores, rather than stacking.
>>
File: Buddy.png (79 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Buddy.png
79 KB, 500x386
>>46549525
That's good to hear-- RotRL apparently went over pretty well, so I'm looking forward to playing it for the first time.

As for the character, it's Buddy from the video game Lisa: The Painful (and Lisa: The Joyful). I'm wondering if there's a way to use that picture as the concept art for the character now...

Any ideas for how a rough-and-tough little girl with aspirations to be an adventurer would fit into Sandpoint?

>>46549645
Nah, not looking to trivialize anything, just have fun. I've played too many casters, so I was thinking something at least partially martial. Got any interesting-yet-effective melee builds in your head? Pretty much any source is allowed, minus obviously-broken stuff.
>>
>>46549886
Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor is always hype. Hexcrafter Magi are good, too.

Pretty much any initiator will go over great. Shit, a Mithral Current focused Bushi Stalker could really ingratiate himself to Ameiko by being a huge Tianaboo.
>>
>>46549886

Anon, you're describing an adventurer that Ameiko would love to have as a little sister.

Mechanically, Buddy sounds like a Zweihander Sentinel specializing in Primal Fury and Scarlet Throne. Maybe make her an Ethumion?
>>
>>46549927
>Ameiko
Dang son, we're currently running Jade Regent (I'm playing her brother). We did start in Sandpoint initially, but is Ameiko seriously around town during the events of RotRL?

Also I'll look into that there Inquisitor and Magus. PoW is crazy fun, so I'll pick it up if we're using it.
>>
>>46550022
Yeah, Ameiko runs one of the inns in Sandpoint. RotRL takes place before Jade Regent.
>>
>>46550022

Ameiko is totally in RotRL, in fact its recommended you play RotRL before Jade Regent to have a connection to the characters.

Ameiko in RotRL is several years younger, probably a lot more spunky, and very much a background character.

Make an adventurous young girl and Ameiko will become her Big Sister in no time.
>>
>>46548887
I tried falcata once, i ended up retraining my weapon focus feat train to scimitar because the dm never changed the loot to complement our characters and i was level 7, far as fuck from any town with a mw falcata and a +2 keen scimitar

It was a fun weapon though
>>
>>46550118
Yeah, that's the other problem. The coolest weapons are super hard to find, so you either need to make 'em yourself or go searching fuck everywhere to find one.

Of course, some DMs are more willing to throw you a bone than others, but that's not really something you can rely on.
>>
>>46549725
Isnt there a kusarigamq in pathfinder? Its like a sickle on the end of a chain
>>
File: dwarf fighter29.png (332 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
dwarf fighter29.png
332 KB, 750x750
>>46550248
Yeah. There's a couple weapons like that. As expected, they are all fucking garbage, but they exist.

Of all the X-on-a-chain weapons, the Dwarven Dorn-dergar is easily my favorite. Mostly because this is what I imagine it looks like.
>>
>>46549969
Ooh, Zweihander Sentinel sounds fun. Don't know what the heck an Ethumion is, but I'll commence googling thusly.

>>46550104
Guess I'm making an adventurous young girl with a little-big sister complex, then. That sounds fun as hell to play.

For those of you that know the campaign (and Sandpoint in particular) more than I do, what are some ways to really flesh out the "the littlest tough girl" character? I know that Sandpoint has some dealings with merchant guilds and such, and there's the big festival that's being held, and also goblin attacks are a nuisance. Any other tidbits of info I could use while I'm writing this up?

And for that matter, got any name ideas that would quirk an eyebrow?
>>
>>46550302
Ethumions are a new DSP race (that I think are still being playtested?) that are effectively SUPER enthusiastic and sunny-dispositioned half-positive-energy-elemental folks.

They're p. cute.
>>
>>46550302
>Don't know what the heck an Ethumion is, but I'll commence googling thusly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sqYWW5LEIg_LEtsyK_uzm9j1kRIBMKgc1cR5iSW9oHQ/edit#heading=h.vby79ewytc9y

I'd proceed with a lot of caution on both of those races, since they're crazy fresh and not really that well known outside of /pfg/. Personally, I'd stick with bog-standard human or *maybe* an Aasimar.

>For those of you that know the campaign (and Sandpoint in particular) more than I do, what are some ways to really flesh out the "the littlest tough girl" character? I know that Sandpoint has some dealings with merchant guilds and such, and there's the big festival that's being held, and also goblin attacks are a nuisance. Any other tidbits of info I could use while I'm writing this up?

There's a crime family associated with the Sczarni (think Mafia) in Sandpoint, it ain't got a lot of pull but it's got enough to make locals wary around the family's strong-arms.

Ooh! I got it! What if your littlest tough girl is an outlander (campaign trait) that hitched a ride in one of Sandru Vhiski's caravans and refused to budge until he made it all the way back to Sandpoint? Your character's scruffy attitude and fearless demeanor earned her many headpats and praise from the caravan guards, and she's currently a foster child of Koya Mvashti.
>>
Hey, /tg/bros. I ask for your aid in deciding where to go with a character in a game I have. I'm currently a LV2 Barbarian (regular), I was thinking of taking 2 levels of Slayer to get some more skills, keep a high HD, and my BAB even.

Do you have any other suggestions? Race is tiefling, My highest mental stat is 10 Int and CHA, otherwise I have 16 STR 17 DEX and 14 CON. No 3rd party allowed.

The reason for two levels of Slayer is to trade the talent for a free combat feat.
>>
>>46550300
I have a player whould love that thing, he'd put a mug on the end instead of a fist
he's one of those players who thinks all dwarves are alcoholic brewers
>>
>>46550486
Stick with Barbarian. It has a lot of benefits if you take it up to 10 or so (assuming you're grabbing one of the Totems) and is pretty solid overall.

Slayer is nice, but 4 extra skill points and a bonus combat feat won't really get you much, where Rage Powers can be super hype.

>>46550524
There's nothing wrong with that, as long as he isn't an annoying cunt about it.
>>
>>46550564
No totem- my first rage power I took was Superstition so I can spell sunder later.
>>
>>46550302

Unfortunately she can't be *that* young, there's an age-limit to adventuring in Golarion and I think it's around 15-16.

Your little firecracker's gonna have to be a fiery, frisky tomboy associated with noggin rubs and wild bets on who can survive in the Brinestump Marsh for a whole night.

God dammit I want to play this character now, she sounds adorable. If you want spry and lively the Ethumion is your go-to, otherwise I'd try settling on either Human or Aasimar (with Aasimar holding plot significance in Book 1.)
>>
>>46550486

To be honest, you're probably better off sticking to barbarian. You're only gaining four skill points from a dip, and setting back your will save a bit, although your reflex save improves somewhat.

Barbarian's just not a very multiclass-friendly class, and diluting your levels means you don't get the best rage powers when they become available to a full-class barbarian, which is lame.
>>
Alright, now that we've talked about Exotic Weaponry, what's the best way/class for getting proficiency in Exotic Weapons. What's the best way for a pure Martial to do so? Would Myrmidon Fighter with Advanced Weapon Training be a good way to get it?
>>
>>46550645
Well, I mean- the game isn't going to 20 (maybe not even 10, we started at 1) so I was just trying to think of something to do since Barb 3 doesn't give anything except BAB and saves.
>>
>>46550661
Be Tengu. Be proficient in all swords. Not all exotic weapons, but a bunch of them.
>>
>>46550707
Barb 3 may not, but Barb 4 does. And that's the point: Don't be so focused on what your next level gets you, because mulitclassing like that in PF is ASSURED to fuck you in the long run, especially if you don't have at least a general long-term plan (such as "Get Greater Beast Totem and pounce the fuck out of all the bad guys").

>>46550746
I wish there were alternate Tengu heritages for assorted types of birds, similar to the Aasimar/Tiefling alternate heritages. An Owl Tengu, a Hawk Tengu, an Eagle Tengu, etc.
>>
>>46550661
My dms have always been nice about granting free proficiency if the weapon makes sense with my backstory, just always ask is my advice
maybe im just spoiled
>>
>>46550781
I mean, if you can convince them that Exotic Weapon Proficiency is the waste of a feat then it doesn't seem too bad. If you're starting late you can grab a,.. cracked white spindle ioun stone to get proficiency for a specific exotic weapon?
>>
http://pathminder.github.io/systems/verbal-combat/

Why does this 404?
>>
>>46550839
http://pathminder.github.io/systems/verbal-duels/

Because you have the wrong link.
>>
>>46548938
Aren't maneuvers standard actions? A full on a standard is pretty good, I guess.
>>
>>46550864
Normally, that one is a full round action.
>>
>>46550864
Maneuvers are only standard actions if they say they are standard actions. The vast majority of multi-attack strikes are full-round, with a few exceptions which are likely to get nerfed in the upcoming PoW errata.
>>
>>46550454
Read it over, and I like the race! And the campaign trait/fluff as well; she's made of spunk and spit and horseshoe-grit. Seems the type to hitch a ride on a caravan to nowhere and stubbornly refuse all attempts to goad her away from that.
Unless something mind-blowingly rad pops up, that's probably what I'm sticking with!

>>46550622
>Age-limit
Fuuuuck that noise, adventure waits for NO ONE!
Though I'm curious, why that limit? Aside from the "Random Starting Ages" table on each race that typically gets ignored. Is there an actual age limit on these things?
>>
>>46550622
>be Aasimar Paladin in book one
>have the high ground
>remind Nualia that she was your sister once
>tell her she was supposed to smite the Evil, not join them
>>
>>46550661
Cracked white ioun b0se
>>
File: Qdw4lon.png (36 KB, 311x291) Image search: [Google]
Qdw4lon.png
36 KB, 311x291
>>46550940
>jokingly roll d100s to determine how closely my Sandpoint-native guy knew Tsuto
>99
>dice gods have spoken, he's my former best friend

>later, do the same for Nualia
>100
>can't even figure out how to play that one, considering her canon shut-in-ness
>oh well, bizarre canon-defying lewd implications ahoy

Fortunately my supreme neutrality allowed me to write them both off as lost causes without incident, so it's on to seducing Lyrie.
>>
>>46550366
Positivity doesn't seem even remotely balanced.
>>
>>46551302
In what way? There's a race in Bloodforge that has the same thing, and it's worked fine in my games. All the ability does is save you on infernal healing/CLW wands over time.
>>
File: 7b5523c3192c8ce5a8cdce3f4933da56.jpg (632 KB, 1074x1264) Image search: [Google]
7b5523c3192c8ce5a8cdce3f4933da56.jpg
632 KB, 1074x1264
>>46551302
>balanced
>DSP

Besides, its not like anyone's going to play them for any reasons other than to have they're waifu fap-bait.
>>
>>46550622
>If you want spry and lively the Ethumion is your go-to, otherwise I'd try settling on either Human or Aasimar
Buddy is lively in the same way a serial killer is lively.

Basically imagine being the only thing with a vagina in a ruined world full of fucking 30 year old perverts who have fuck all to lose. Your "father" had you slit a man throat at the age of 8 in order to teach you self defense.
>>
>>46551424

To be fair they're weaker than human in a lot of builds and classes.

That says more about human than it does ethumions though.
>>
>>46551302
>healing as if rested (ie: CL HP/hour, but only if you aren't doing anything) is OP
Yeah, nah, you're retarded. It's barely better than CLW or Infernal Healing, is self-only, and really just serves to make it easier to get back to full fighting strength.

The race IS a little higher-powered than most (around the level of Aasimar and Human, honestly) but of all the things it gets, you complain about the one that makes it heal a bit faster? That's just ign'ant.

>>46551424
>not wanting to be a turbo-genki dude with a magic invisible third hand
>>
>>46550940
>Nualia
>raised by a priest of Desna
>having a Paladin for a sister who isn't fucked up
>>
File: 1453997954655.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453997954655.gif
2 MB, 500x375
Reminder that if you play an emotional ethumion or a calm eiremian, you're a mainstream casual and might as well have made a Drizzt clone.

PARTY-HARD EIREMIANS WW@
>>
>>46551554
Your bait is bad, and you should feel bad!

All Ethus and Eires are cute, even the anti-stereotypes!
>>
File: gobo.jpg (163 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [Google]
gobo.jpg
163 KB, 1024x1164
I was inspired by this image to make a goblin cavalier, but I'm running into difficulties. Namely the penalty to strength. I could always do archery, but I really want him to focus on melee. Suggestions?
>>
>>46551615
Mounted Lancing shit. Pump your Str as much as possible and do (Weapon damage + Str + bonuses) x3. And since you're small-sized, your mount can get around most places that a normal horse couldn't.
>>
>>46551615
Well, I don't know if lances qualify for any of the dex-to-damage feats, or if Pathfinder has a good cavalry saber that qualifies, but those might be good things to investigate.
>>
>>46551615

Get a goblin dog and make everyone you fight break out in hives.
>>
>>46551615
Cavaliers are pretty awful, though. Why would you bother?
>>
>>46551703
Because he wants to? Cavalier is also not that bad. It's very T4, but it's damn good at its thing.
>>
File: tumblr_o22jjsiV291runtd9o1_500.jpg (148 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o22jjsiV291runtd9o1_500.jpg
148 KB, 500x707
Hey /pfg/ a while back I posted that I was contructing a Fantasy Count Dooku and I got a lot of good help with the build, but now I'm curious about exactly how to spec it in the long term.

As of now, my attributes are: 7, 14, 14, 13, 11, 16(+2 Racial)

The plan, roughly, is to start as a Warlord, with a focus on Scarlet Throne, taking Weapon Finesse, Quick Draw, Exotic Weap Proficiency (Dueling Swords) and Weapon Focus (Dueling Swords) As my startup feats. This means that at level 3, I can take Dueling Mastery as my feat and be pretty much set on maximizing effectiveness with my single Dueling Sword.

For levels 2-5, I was to take levels in sorceror to boost my initiator level and get me some spells, and then take warlord again at level 6 to get another high level maneuver and get my bonuses high enough to prestige into Bladecaster at the next level, and then keep putting levels into that.

One thing I am unsure of is what bloodline I should take as a sorceror. Granted, all I will be getting are two bloodline powers and a free low-level spell, but I'll still take what I can get. Daemon made the most sense to me to correspond to the ancient Sith, but then I could take Arcane for the free familiar. I also plan to make liberal use of the Lightning Bolt spell for obvious reasons, so Blue Draconic might be of some help.

I'm partially considering taking SIX levels in sorceror to snag at least one good metamagic feat before prestiging.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: 1454933716229.png (232 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1454933716229.png
232 KB, 600x900
>>46550774
>I wish there were alternate Tengu heritages for assorted types of birds, similar to the Aasimar/Tiefling alternate heritages. An Owl Tengu, a Hawk Tengu, an Eagle Tengu, etc.

Nothing's stopping you from fluffing up your bird as being more hawkish than crow.
>>
>>46551753
>T4
Unless the class has gotten some great options in the past few supplements, it's still trapped in T5.
>inb4 that one poster who shall not be named

in any case, cavaliers have a couple of *decent* options, but a class focused on mounts can only work in one kind of campaign. After all, you can't ride your horse into the duke's mansion or the dark caverns.
>>
>>46551216

But senpai, Nualia canonically lost her virginity to that Varisian asshole and never had sex with anyone else.

It was kinda established that she was crazy desperate for normalcy and affection, and if she had a character that was as close to her as a d100 would imply she probably would've never become what she did.
>>
>>46550931
>Though I'm curious, why that limit? Aside from the "Random Starting Ages" table on each race that typically gets ignored. Is there an actual age limit on these things?

Because they gotta put a limit somewhere! Paizo isn't the type of people to condone child murder!

Like, the youngest character I can recall that the party regularly interacts with is Val Baine from Iron Gods, and she's 13ish and still considered a child.
>>
I want a character that can descend on high and generally surprise his foes with his wings, but he has to be a Paladin.
>>
>>46551755
>For levels 2-5, I was to take levels in sorceror to boost my initiator level and get me some spells

Remember that you only get one IL for every two levels you have of non-Initiator classes. You're probably going to want to grab either Practiced Initiator (Warlord) or Magical Knack (Sorcerer), depending on if you want to focus more on maneuvers or magic.

As far as bloodlines go, Arcane is hard to beat. I think Blue Draconic might be the best for you, personally, however, because it will feed directly into the fluff you're trying for.

>>46551802
I can (and do) do the fluffing stuff already. But mechanically-defined variant heritages are fantastic and I love them. I wish ALL races had them, honestly.

>>46551826
T5 is "class that can barely do its own shtick properly," and includes classes like the core Rogue and Monk.

The Cavalier is effectively a Fighter with a huge focus on teamwork feats and mounted combat. His better skill points and various utility toys (like his Order abilities) easily push him into T4. He's DAMN good at hurting motherfuckers with a lance, at the very least.
>>
>>46551703
Because I had this mental image of an urbane goblin barking orders and riding his mount around indoors.

Originally I was looking at battle herald because it seems kind of 3.5-Marshally, but it looks like way to big of a pain in the ass to use. Have to dip into bard and it doesn't advance most of the useful cavalier stuff.
>>
>>46551437

He's not playing Buddy, he's just using the character art for Buddy!
>>
>>46551912
Aasimar, Angelic Wings feat tree, done. It's not pretty nor viable at early levels, but it works.
>>
>>46551912
Strix or Syrinx paladin, done.

>>46551983
cuckish tbqh
>>
>>46548786
DIVINE DEFENDER ARCHETYPE.
>>
>>46551958
To be fair, you can dip like 1(?) levels into Exemplar Brawler and then go the rest into Cavalier to get into Battle Herald... iirc. Which I may not be. But if you want to be an inspirational mounted dude, that's the trick.

>>46552002
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>46552050
"cuck" means anything at this point? I'm surprised and doubtful.
>>
>>46552050
>You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Cuck has turned into a general catch-all term for being a submissive little beta that is willing to settle for second best.
>>
File: Things like that make me sick.gif (1 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
Things like that make me sick.gif
1 MB, 533x300
>>46552090
See >>46552069
It means exactly nothing, and you're also a terrible person for trying to imply that it does.

Furthermore
>playing shitty birdman races just because lolflight
>not earning flight the proper way with 3-5 levels in Aegis, possibly with SotAS
>>
>>46552069
Cuck means the same thing that an SJW means when it say problematic. Basically some socially stunted fag disapproves of what you said and you can ignore it.
>>
File: 1435000862900.png (347 KB, 1407x1482) Image search: [Google]
1435000862900.png
347 KB, 1407x1482
What is the most Anglo-Saxon place in Golarion?
>>
>>46552216
cheliax. Conversely, 'murica
>>
>>46552216
Taldor probably.
>>
>that class you want to play but know you're not likely to ever get it
What's her name, /pfg/?
For me, it's gotta be the Void Prophet Zealot. So cool, but it doesn't fit most campaigns and any that do usually tend to warp the plot around so the Zealot fits in.
>>
So who wrote sacred geometry?
>>
File: Barbarian31.jpg (96 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian31.jpg
96 KB, 673x1000
>>46552319
Dervish Defender Warder/Dragon Fury
I just want to TWF and not be terrible for trying.

>>46552333
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry
>Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Mysteries © 2014, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Jason Bulmahn, Crystal Frasier, Jim Groves, Brandon Hodge, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, F. Wesley Schneider, and Jerome Virnich.
one of these awful, awful people
>>
Hey guys: I need to whip up a quick Bugbear Barbarian for my game. Big, beefy, and currently employed as a pit fighter.

Is there any interesting things I can do to make the build unique other than just Invulnerable Rager and/or PoW maneuvers?
>>
>>46552432
Probably, but the reason they'll be unique is that they're not as good as the options you mentioned, and therefore rarely ever get used.

If you want a REALLY unique Barbarian, make a Skald.
>>
>>46552468
I don't need it to be mechanically optimal, I can slap a template on it or something. I usually fudge some stats to make one-person encounters able to survive more than one round anyway.

I just don't want to use PoW on every one of these guys, because it'll become bland. And one of the PCs is an Invulnerable Rager.
>>
File: 2hu awew lad.jpg (524 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
2hu awew lad.jpg
524 KB, 500x800
>>46552319
>Any PoW class at all, but most of all the Stalker
>An Agathian Aasimar Synthesist Summoner
>A motherfucking Magus
>>
>>46552430
>>46552333
When in doubt, Jason Bulmahn. He's the resident caster supremacy guy.

Jacobs mostly does fluff, Mona mostly does editing.
>>
>>46548997
warlord
>>
http://pathminder.github.io/systems/verbal-duels/

So, rap battles?
>>
>>46549073
Not homebrew, from PF Unchained book.
>>
>>46549162
Don't you worry Anon! When I GM NONE OF THE PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY PATH OF WAR
>>
>>46552050
Three levels of Brawler, unfortunately, and it still doesn't solve the issue of Battle Herald not advancing some Cavalier stuff. Most notably the order ability, because the Order of the Dragon is tailor made for that sort of character.
>>
>>46552584
It's not as good without the accompanying art.
>RAP BATTLE FOR THE HAND OF EMPRESS ABROGAIL
>>
>>46552530
>>>Any PoW class at all,
That kinda sums things up here. I managed to convince my GM to use it after we played a 3-month campaign with one,but then I completely botched the ending (long story short, it was my first game and I shoehorned a bad ending in) so horrifically he banned me from ever playing with him again and swore that if he ever found out it was me hosting a game, he'd seek out the players and urge them to not play with me.
>>
>>46552612
No anon, the Unchained Swashbuckler is just someone's homebrew with the word 'Unchained' attached for some dumb reason. The book was Barb/Monk/Rogue/Summoner.
>>
I seeing blog post about some sort of transexual trait where you got a bonus to your will save.

Anyone still have that link?
>>
>>46552643

Must have been one hell of a shitty ending.
>>
>>46552612
Except no, that's wrong.

The Unchained Swashbuckler is a homebrew attempt to make the Swashbuckler not garbage.

>>46552626
Oh. That's a damn shame.

>>46552643
The hell did you do, anon.
>>
>>46552662
It's on Crystal Frasier's tumblr somewhere, and it's not official anyway so I don't give enough fucks to go find it.
>>
>>46552629
that even looks like a rap battle. And white hair is winning
>>
>>46552629

Oh my god that art is perfect.
>>
>>46552643
S T O R Y T I M E
T O R Y T I M E S
O R Y T I M E S T
R Y T I M E S T O
Y T I M E S T O R
T I M E S T O R Y
I M E S T O R Y T
M E S T O R Y T I
E S T O R Y T I M
>>
>>46552584
Actually....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
>>
>>46550661
Exotic weapon proficiency is almost never worth it. They tend to all be shit weapons.
>>
File: m8ksxdlQQO1qzbqw1o1_1280.png (524 KB, 779x588) Image search: [Google]
m8ksxdlQQO1qzbqw1o1_1280.png
524 KB, 779x588
>>46552825

>Norse gods engaged in rap battles
>>
What's the best way to steal everything from everyone all the time?
>>
>>46553038
Kill them first, then grab all the items while in an AMF.
>>
>>46552975
The Norse were Flyting since before your great grandaddy was born, laddo.
>>
>>46553116

And I didn't even know! Goddamn, history is kickass sometimes.
>>
>>46553038
A halfling filcher hidden blade unchained rogue isn't terrible, and can easily get +15 or more on Sleight of Hand by the time the free Improved Steal kicks in. Substituting Sleight of Hand for CMB is one of the few ways to actually reliably beat CMD at that level.

Also, get Graceful Steal to steal things out of bags, then steal enemy spellcasters' components out of their component pouches.

Of course, this all really depends on if the campaign you're in actually has enough humanoid enemies to make stealing worthwhile. At mid/high levels there's enough no-equipment monsters that there could be multiple combats in a row with nothing to actually steal.
>>
>>46552643
No, you gotta give us the long story. What the fuck happened?
>>
File: sgIKDZC.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sgIKDZC.gif
2 MB, 500x281
So! Who all's looking forward to their game this weekend?
>>
>>46553540
>>46553038

What level would it be to have a spell that acts as a steal combat maneuver, and it doesn't have to be one you can actually reach, except you steal an item from a randomly chosen equipment slot?
>>
>>46553608
It's happening right now it's a clusterfuck of things happening
The Sunday games are also aight.
>>
File: YBr4daH.png (461 KB, 1502x821) Image search: [Google]
YBr4daH.png
461 KB, 1502x821
Dear god, these iconic stories are hilarious in their shit-tier writing.

>Urgraz acquired an oversized crossbow from an especially well-equipped cave giant that he could only fire by putting it down and then using his innate enlarge person ability, just because he liked the sight of impaled foes.
I can't decide if this is meta or just plain stupid.

>He sold diseased slaves to spread plague, sabotaged the gear of fellow duergar, and even killed members of his own family by contaminating their food with virulent disease-laden ingredients.
Nice retcon, Mister I-Didn't-Know-Duergar-Were-Poison-Immune Writer-san

>"I am Urgraz, an outcast from Nar-Voth. I had to flee the realms below, for I did not fit the strictures of my people's society, and would have been killed if I had stayed. I am an able warrior, and seek employment."
I suppose I can't fault them for having the same generic spew of an introduction that every so-special-not-evil drow and duerger PC uses, but seriously, the fucking duergar antipaladin just WALKED into the capital of Molthune? THIS IS CANON NOW, ABSOLUTION FOR ALL SHITTY PC INTROS IS NIGH
>>
Hello again everyone, Keledrath here with an update on Lords of the Wild. I want to assure you this project is still going, just got a bit sidetracked with RL stuff. However, I come bearing a new present. If you scroll down to the bottom of our document, you'll find a new martial tradition: The Temple of the Formless Spirit, a group of shapeshifting ascetics with a secret goal. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FcMpsY7ancpaWiBpFhI_jlARL8p2OXZhaFxAjzJCyW4/edit
>>
>>46553700
>iconic antipaladin
>this guy
No thank you. There's only room for one iconic antipaladin in my heart.
>>
>>46553646
I could swear I saw this someplace. You perform a steal combat maneuver, but you can teleport the object into your hand instead of normal stealing motions. Maybe it was a magic item?
>>
>>46553646
I dunno, but it should be taught by whatever wizards invented the Shamefully Overdressed spell.
>>
>>46553764
Pig-kicking guy (I don't know his name) will always be the antipaladin for me.

He just seems to be having so much FUN. "Being evil is great! Hey, come play some piglet-soccer!"
>>
>>46553796
Thean Tagonist
>>
>>46553764
>>46553796
Am I the only one who imagines Anti being voiced by Jon St John?
>HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
>>
>>46553813

Please tell me that's actually his name. Because that is goddamn magical.
>>
>>46553849
He has no name and never will, for he is the iconic Paizo doesn't dare to touch.

But if he did it would totally be first name Anti, last name Paladin. His parents, for all their long lineage of LG-ness, had a terrible and ultimately tragic sense of humor.
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87 KB, 333x282) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87 KB, 333x282
>>46553608

We get to meet White Estrid!
>>
>>46553608
I'm joining a new campaign
some other players hinted there may be lewds - its my first time in that regard
>>
>>46553888
Alternatively

His name is Anthony.

Anthony Paladin.
>>
>>46553981
Go on.
>>
File: hello.png (192 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
192 KB, 348x348
>>46553608
It just got canceled.
>>
>>46551941
I had taken Called, Reactionary, and Magical Lineage as my Traits, and Power Hungry and Meticulous as my Drawbacks. (I wanted to take Pride and condescension, but "Twice the Pride, double the fall.", plus I'm the party Face, and what would be a Count Dooku that could not effectively communicate with Neimoidians and Geonosians?)

My GM strongly reccomended I take "Called" only because our previous Party Face, a Bard, seemed to roll an uncanny amount of natural ones to the point that we wouldn't let him speak to people because he'd make people hate us. Superstition and all.

Magical Knack looks like a godsend though, so I might take it instead and replace called or reactionary. I'll probably consult my DM on that one.

It's looking more and more like I should just be patient and take 8 full levels in Sorcerer so that I'll at least have lightning bolt before I prestige and won't be so squeezed for feats (I played fighter last, so I'm really feeling the squeeze on that front). Taking Arcane bloodline would also get me Combat Casting or Improved Counterspell for free then.

Here is my starting spell lineup
Level 0
-Detect Magic
-Light
-Mage Hand
-Prestidigitation

Level 1
-Mage Armor
-Magic Weapon

Also, can someone explain the rules for Attribute bonuses to spells per day? If I have sorceror level 8 I LEARN one level 5 spell, but can't actually cast it. If I have CHA 18, does this mean that I get to use a level 5 spell early?
>>
>>46553981

How did they hint at lewds and what kind of character are you and them playing?
>>
File: always-look-on_2023028b.jpg (49 KB, 620x405) Image search: [Google]
always-look-on_2023028b.jpg
49 KB, 620x405
>>46554050

Cheer up, Anon! You know what they say-some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle-don't grumble, give a whistle! And this'll help things turn out for the best...
>>
PFG I have a challenge for you.
How do we make the broodmaster summoner archetype playable, without making it broken?
>>
>>46553652
>exploring dungeon
>we fucked up hard and got in way over our heads
>someone actually died
>had to run back to town
>going back to settle the score this session

Wish us luck guys.
>>
>>46553646
Here's a homebrew thing. What do you think?

GHOST THIEF'S TRICK
School: transmutation; Level: bard 1, magus 1, occultist 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Components: S
Range: personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: none; Spell Resistance: no

When you perform a steal combat maneuver during the spell's duration, you can steal closely worn items, such as articles of clothing, as well as items hidden in a pack or bag. Stealing an item in a pack or bag gives your opponent +5 CMD against your steal maneuver, while stealing a closely worn item gives your opponent +10 CMD against it.

When stealing a closely worn item with the aid of this spell, you can only steal items that could be donned or removed with a move action or less, but you can attempt a steal maneuver even against such items that are out of sight, such as a tunic worn underneath a suit of armor. This aspect of the spell turns you partially incorporeal, and so opponents with armor bonuses provided by a force effect add those bonuses to their CMD against your steal maneuver.
>>
>>46554254
I thought broodmaster was supposed to have one bigger eidolon, and the additional smaller ones were just for utility and skills.
>>
>>46553919

Oh? Going to be charged with some great heroic undertaking?
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353 KB, 853x470
>Join Pathfinder campaign on Roll20
>Story's apparently about some world becoming a conduit for basically every religion in existence, and the goal of the party is to work in the name of their god (or lack thereof) to exploit this, whether it's to seat their god in power or sever the connections of other gods.
>Gods include anything from Golarion, Greece, Norse, Egyptian and Shinto
>Level 4, 25 Point Buy, 1st party is preferred but DM is willing to listen to arguments for 3rd party
>Party consists of an atheist wizard, agnostic rogue and Norse necromancer

What should I make to beat up these nerds and make them fear the power of god?
>>
>>46554063
>If I have sorceror level 8 I LEARN one level 5 spell, but can't actually cast it.

Uh, no, at sorcerer 8 you have zero known 5th-level spells.

Look at Table: Sorcerer Spells Known.
>>
>>46554383
Probably!
>>
>>46554416
Oh fuck, my bad on that one. I missed that the first column was actually for 0th level spells.
>>
>>46554395
You could try and go for Cleric/Hellknight Signifier/Evangelist and go for MAXIMUM LAWFUL GOOD BLIND/DEAF ALL NONBELIEVERS
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13 KB, 416x297) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13 KB, 416x297
>>46554383

I don't know anon, but my character sure is excited to meet her!

She wants to meet us because she sent us out on a mission to discover a norn in a super special cave, and that norn gave us a prophecy that we'd be kingz n' sheiiit, we need to tell her what we discovered Over DINNER! Isn't that exciting?
>>
>>46554325
Not enough points to go around and the archetype does nothing to remedy it.
>>
>>46553608
>implying I'm ever going to get to play again

It has been determined that fun is not for me.
>>
File: 1453257833926.gif (262 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1453257833926.gif
262 KB, 500x281
>>46554728

Anon, don't be like that! Tell me what you're looking for in a game and the times you're available to play and I'll totally look for a campaign right now!
>>
File: 1411221549540.png (7 KB, 152x160) Image search: [Google]
1411221549540.png
7 KB, 152x160
>>46553608

I've been made part-time DM of the one game that I wasn't DMing and the change in power dynamic has robbed me of all interest I had in my character
>>
>>46554728
I know that feel, anon. That's when you give up on other players once and for all and just download a GM emulator.
>>
>>46554919
Why's that? I'm an assistant dm for a game I'm in and I'm still enjoying it. If you're not enjoying it make sure to tell your DM how you feel about it.
>>
>>46554972

If I can DM I can lay down the progression for my character and play it out all by myself. Feels more like I'm writing a book than playing a character in someone else's story. It just cheapens the whole thing. Doesn't help that the main DM is a flaky motherfucker and I'm doing most of the work now
>>
>>46553608
I wish I still had a weekend game. I haven't had a weekend game in years.
>>
>>46555112
Same here.
>>
>>46548735

Because of towergirls I've found myself designing a whole suit of armor and redesigning the warmace for use in different situations. The idea was to make a knight able to kill other knights if the need arose, and of course he needed a different weapon for this purpose.

I ended up with a hybrid between a shorter ashlpiess, a sword mace (or an axe mace really) with some hooks added on the sides for nabbing pieces of armor.

I imagine holding it two handed using the spike to threathen and the "blades" to stop other weapons (polearms would have it hard), the warrior suddenly pulls his arm, releases a mighty blow at the knee plate, pulls on whatever end is protuding and once the enemy is out of downed, he gets the frontal spike through the visor.

The protuding blades would stop it from going too deep, but it has already reached its target with lethal results without having to switch to a dagger for the kill supposing that you don't want ransoms, otherwise you can fuck his legs or threathen him with the goddamned thing.

The only model I have is right now in paint (don't have scanner, a camera or photoshop at the moment) and it doesn't help that looks like sauron's mace cousin (unintentional).

It also came out heavy for the period's standards but I still think it could work. I'd like to use it in other systems though.

I'd also like to use a chemist build, to team up with the wizard and cast megafireballs or something.
>>
>>46553652
Get off your phone/laptop/tablet/weebbox, you shitty fucking heap of faggotry. Fucking goddamn it, you're the reason we can't have good role play alongside good roll play.
>>
/pfg/, I have an impossible quest for you: how do I use Combat Expertise effectively? I need it for Moonlight Stalker and need AC, but the to-hit/AC tradeoff is poor. Are there any feats or gear I can take to make it better?
>>
>>46555203

There's a trait called Offensive Defensive (I believe) that reduces the attack penalty by 1.

What's your race/class? Might help with suggestions.
>>
>>46555203
Get the feat from PoW instead Martial Power? Something like that.. Counts as Combat Expertise for feats, but gives you Temp HP instead of AC.
>>
>>46555143

>Accidentally create Sauron's mace
>Because of towergirls

What a funny board we use.
>>
>>46555175
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>46555274

Magus. Race is flexible, but I'm thinking elf or sylph.

>>46555284
No 3pp, unfortunately. Sorry, I should have specified.
>>
>>46555368
He's complaining about Anon being on his internet device and posting on 4chan instead of being 100% invovled with the game.
>>
>>46555425
When combat turns take 30 minutes you can spend 30 seconds refreshing 4chan.
>>
>introduce undercover succubus NPC
>IS SHE PRETTIER THAN ME?? question ruins everything
Every god damn time.
>>
>>46555319
Looking back at the whole thing it was a very silly thought process, like:
>What's the appeal with towergirls, they seem like monstergals for plebs anyway
>Well, I like a few of them, seems very much ok, let's see what content I can find
>Oh wow, some of these drawings are cool.

Enter cripplechan

>Oh hey there's a board dedicated to this.
>KNIGHTS THREAD
>Da fuck is diz? Looks fun!
>What If I Designed a Golem Without Constitution?
>Oh boy! Nothing should hit it or it would puff instantly!
>Start to design
>But then, wat if train comes? What if fireball comes? Wat if polearm?
>Start again.
>Check historical references
>Survive the autism of 19 forums about arms and armor
>Watch videos from metatron, schola, lindybeige, and other 8 niggas in the use of shields
>Find about the modern blacksmiths and based Ugo.
>Survive the autism of other 4 forums

And so forth.

I'm almost finished in the armor design except for the faulds, the visiere for the helmet and some other details, but overall I've only finished drawing the weapon itself.

And I got to see gropey getting all autistic about katanafags in the process. It's been a fun ride.
>>
File: tumblr_m1dfo3mzdv1qckwxco1_500.gif (1022 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1dfo3mzdv1qckwxco1_500.gif
1022 KB, 500x335
>>46555699
Is she?
>>
>>46555716

>tfw no hamadryad friend and political partner.
>>
>>46555716
Yes. You can't outpretty a succubus.
>>
In PF, what would be the closest thing to KonoSuba's Megumin and/or Explosion?
>>
>>46555782
A Wilder who uses maximum power points and Overchannel at all times.
>>
>>46555756

Arueshalae is prettier than the average succubus.
>>
File: GGElphOops.png (87 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
GGElphOops.png
87 KB, 200x200
>want to create a small adventure to try GMing with, so I can get a chance to use a shitty little homebrew world
>only have an extremely vague idea of what I want to do, no idea how to stat up the potential "boss fights" and don't know how frowned upon it is to just freely splice shit together
>not sure how to actually make a scenario that pulls the party in and makes them interested in investigating without any hard rails.
>mfw trying to set up a short adventure where the party is sent from the adventurer's guild to figure out what the fuck is going on in the area between a haunted forest and a cavern network
>it's actually a feud between a kobold cult led by a half-dragon giant and a fey kitsune youkai

Trying to set this up is so fun due to the sheer volume of stuff I can use, but at the same time holy fuck this is a pain due to how much stuff there is to use.
>>
>>46555716
so cute, what is that? a pokemon? if so, which one?
>>
>>46555756
The queen of our Kingmaker campaign threw a hissy fit (read: Sorcerer pyromania tantrum) when a succubus was getting more attention than her in the room.
Not a disguised succubus or anything, just a regular one. It wasn't even because she was prettier, it was just because she was an obvious demon that had appeared in our courtroom, which made everyone take their eyes off the sorcerer. And she took offense to that.
>>
>>46555828
Also, the Energy Ball power.
>>
>>46555861

Her husband must be a very patient man.
>>
>>46555844
It's a Liligant!
>>
>>46555844

Lilligant, a grass-type introduced in Black and White versions.
>>
>>46555928
But what if she's an unmarried queen-regent?
>>
>>46555861
What I'm reading is that succubus NPCs actually generate emotional responses universally.
>>
>>46555968

Regent implies the rightful king is too young to rule, and needs mom to do it for him.
>>
New race Astomoi is beyond ridiculous.

>>No mouth, eyes, ears, hair, bellybutton, or genitals
>>Completely blacked-out sillhouette
>>prefers to be naked

Because it can't speak, it substitutes thought components for verbal components in its spells.

The Cunning Caster feat allows you to use the art of misdirection to hide the fact that you're casting spells. This way, you only roll at a -4 to hide the fact that you're casting magic at all.

>>Farm is under attack by bandits
>>Poor farmer is totally defenseless
>>Astomoi sorcerer appears
>>Casts Vision of Hell, disguising the somatic components of his spell as violent and unnerving contortions
>>The landscape takes on the appearance of a terrifying hellscape.
>>Sorcerer appears to convulse, actually casting Boneshatter on a bandit.
>>Every bone in the bandit's body shatters as the creature's featureless visage turns to face him
>>Another bandit charges the sorcerer and swings, the creature appears to blink out of existence as his blade passes through him. (Displacement)
>>Creature convulses angrily as an extra dimensional pit opens up beneath the bandit
>>He falls and breaks his legs
>>As the creature approaches the edge of the pit, his violent unnerving movements are actually the somatic components for Summon Monster IV
>>5 giant spiders burrow out of the ground in the hole and eat the crippled bandit alive.
>>One bandit left, he runs for his life
>>It's too late. Another horrific fit of inhuman contortions brings forth a dozen black tentacles from the earth.
>>The bandit is grappled by the tentacles, helpless as the sorcerer shambles towards him
>>This time, the sorcerer is casting Limp Lash
>>A noose forms around the bandit's neck as the creature approaches him, the sickening movements disguising the sorcerer's spellcasting.
>>Bandit is strangled to death.
>>The horrified farmer hears a voice in his head
>>"I'm from the Pathfinder Society. I heard you had a bandit problem, are you okay?"
>>
>DM is putting us through a 'level 0' game
>"it'll be great for character development, guys! We'll get to see your characters climb their way up from the depths of commonerhood"
>three sessions in, still have not actually gotten our first class level
>we're still stuck in this shithole cave with no escape in sight and nothing even fun going on
surely things will get better, i'll just wait
>>
>>46555968
I think you mean "regnant".
>>
>>46555844
Lilligant. It's the One-Trick-Pony Pokemon. In non-Pokemon terms, it puts an opponent to sleep, uses a dance move to increase its speed, magic power and magic defense, then uses a very high power Grass type magic attack that locks you into several turns of usage. Its special ability is either "don't get confused after the attacking dance ends" or "go faster in the sun".

It can do literally NOTHING else. You have to run Hidden Power (a weak magic move whose type can be anything depending on the individual Pokemon) to even attack with non-Grass moves, and Grass is one of the most commonly resisted types.
>>
>>46555709
>lindybeige

He's shit. He is so fucking wrong about so many fucking things.

Yes he's a historian, he's also biased as fuck and often wildly inaccurate.
>>
>>46556041
>blacked-out silhouette
>no facial features

Hmm...
>>
File: Dooku_MagnaGuards_TCW.png (774 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Dooku_MagnaGuards_TCW.png
774 KB, 1920x816
>>46551755
>>46551941
Same anon here. Another question, is there any magical ability I might add to my sword to roughly approximate a lightsaber? I'm going to use the light spell to give it a nice red glow, but is there an actual inherent ability I might give it?

I see brilliant energy, but it makes the sword literally useless against constructs, and a lightaber that can't pierce doors or kill droids is missing half of the point. I'm not saying I want it to reflect projectiles, but is there some combination I might use to come in some way close to the concept?
>>
>>46556041
Astomoi are just really silly as PCs and probably a magnet for 13-year-old players.
>>
>>46556056

Is this a DM you care about?

Why isn't your commoner throwing in the towel and going home?

In fact, want the real kicker? Have your commoner just mention that they should, "hire real adventurers to solve this problem" and then say you'd like to roll up the dudes they hire.
>>
>>46556056
You sound like you could use a hug!
>>
>>46556094
Brilliant Energy?
>>
>>46556110
No, I mean we're literally trapped inside of this cave. My pickpocketing vagrant character would have left day 1 if not for the fact that there isn't actually an apparent way out.
>>
>>46556094
Laser torch, or a null blade.

>>46556133
>literally not even reading the post past the first few words
>>
>>46556094

There's a not!lightsaber statted up in the Iron Gods adventure path, but I can't recall the name...
>>
>>46556133
Brilliant energy is awful, it'd be much better to just fluff a glowing weapon with quick draw.
>>
>>46555928
>>46555968
Funny story, there wasn't ever a king. Even when we were lesser nobles, her first decree was that her title would always be "Queen", because she liked the sound of it and nobody had the backbone to speak up against her, on account of those crazy Intimidate/Diplomacy numbers (and the fire magic).
The rest of us party members didn't care too much what she wanted to call herself, so we were cool with it.
>>
>>46556167
Sounds like she had fun anyway.
>>
>>46556057
Good point. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>46556159
>>46556153
Energy Brilliant?
There is an actual lightsaber thing in the tech book.
>>
>>46556218
Right, but why not get a good weapon instead.
>>
>>46556197
The player had a blast playing the most chaotic good character he possibly could. I'll give him props for good roleplaying, he nailed the act for the spunky optimistic sorceress with a love for unicorns, Glitterdust and fire.
>>
Lightsabers are just +x flaming corrosive swords with that one collapsing property that I think was a gem in 3.5?.
>>
>>46556146

So when you find a way out, do you intend to follow the bread crumb leading to the DM's promised glory and greatness, or are you going to say that fucking sucked and go back to being a bum?

What plot hook did the DM give you? What does it seem like he's enticing you with to encourage this "rise from commonerhood?"
>>
Bolt Ace is T3, yeah?
>>
>>46556386
Does it have responses to a wide variety of situations?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.