[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General: Shitbrew Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Gurmag+Angler+%5BFRF%5D.jpg (26 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Gurmag+Angler+%5BFRF%5D.jpg
26 KB, 223x311
>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
>>46538308
>Is MTGO worth it?
How much should I sink into this if I want to build two or three Pauper decks? I have never played MTGO
>>
>>46538368
2-3 decks, about 100 bux
unless each deck is quite similar/ in the same colors
>>
>>46538570
I guess I'll stick to Magic Duels and paper pauper then. Paper is much cheaper for me as I already own half the cards
>>
need to find out a way to make balaustrade combo viable!
help me boys!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pauper-one-land-spy/
>>
>>46539397
Stop trying to make Balaustrade combo viable. It's never gonna be viable.

I'm sorry I'm just really grumpy that Chain Lightning is so expensive.
>>
>>46538308
>Kuldotha Jeskai
I can't remember the last time I cast a Kuldotha Rebirth. This deck could use Ornithopters for the Hawk and Rebirth though.
>>
>Be Burn Player
>See blue control deck
>Get so fucking bored
>Endless fucking boredom from this fucking guy
>Spends what seems like hours on fetch and counter stupidity
>Finally win on turn 28
>He says "GG!"

Are blue control players all autistic?
>>
>>46540630
Yes
>>
>>46540630
>>46540630
>Be burn cuck
>Brain is small
>Me go face?
>Why game no end turn 5?
>Game turn 6? No turn 6, game is no turn 6.
>NO. ME. GO. FACE.
>Why me lose? Why me have to play game if me no go face?
>Me mad.

>>>/tg/modern
>>>/tg/standard
>>
>>46541079
I won, though.
>>
>>46538570
That's not even close to true. I've built 3 decks with just the initial 5 tickets.
Pauper bots sell all the shit you need for pennies.
All depends what you're building.
>>
>>46543108
This. Burn didn't cost me much at all when I first built it. The only card in that list that actually costs money is Pyroblast which you can do without in the beginning when you're likely gonna spend most of your time in the Just Starting Out room anyway.

There's also several bits that give away commons for free, and while most of them are certifiable jank you can usually find some Pauper playable cards among them.
>>
>>46543108
Okay yeah you can build decks for super cheap, but I thought that anon meant tier decks, which will cost about 30 tix each on the high-end. For the most part.
>>
>>46539397
That deck is close to as refined as it's going to get.
And it will never be viable. Very cute combo though.
>>
>>46544687
White tokens is tier 1.5 and only cost me like 2 tixs. It does well against a lot of tier 1 decks, but stalls out against lategame continous threats.

Pauper elves is just fun for me too. If you want to build bogles or something it'll cost more, yeah, but some decks are dirt cheap because the cards aren't used in another format, unlike stuff like Delver.

Build a deck for cheap, refine it as best you can with practice, then join the pauper league. That's what I've been doing and I've been putting up decent results.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.